• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juken

Smash Ace
So there's gonna be a young link alt for link? Cool. It's gonna feel weird playing as young link with adult link's grunts...
I'm sure someone will get incentive from this mod's to make a /YL SFX pack for Link (or Toon Link if it's done for him too). Downside would be it'd have to be for one of Link's costume slots since it seems there will only be one Young Link color (I'm not complaining though since I only planned on using the green one).

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
I could probably make some Young Link recolors along with his melee sounds if its over Toon Link

Edit : And if I get permission as well.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
So there's gonna be a young link alt for link? Cool. It's gonna feel weird playing as young link with adult link's grunts...
yeah. i planned to research brawlex stuff to get him his own slot and new voice. there is a brawlex young link pack on the vault that uses pik's young link over link. that's the whole reason behind me making a link costume version. this way he has good expression, a good model, and his own slot.

I'm sure someone will get incentive from this mod's to make a /YL SFX pack for Link (or Toon Link if it's done for him too). Downside would be it'd have to be for one of Link's costume slots since it seems there will only be one Young Link color (I'm not complaining though since I only planned on using the green one).
yeah, he is going on both, and a voice pack would be cool to have for him.

I could probably make some Young Link recolors along with his melee sounds if its over Toon Link

Edit : And if I get permission as well.
he is going over link and toon link. also someone else has already asked and made recolors for young link

and unfortunately I didn't stick to my schedule, so no release just yet. but I do have some progress pics to show. I had them done a long time ago, just never got around to posting them til today.

he now has specs. OoT is missing because i haven't been able to get to him yet

Last edited:

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
If you need help with csps csses or stock icons i'll help http:/ /imgur.com/j2HwxkC,J51xb1o,cT4SixH,zN0YZMt these are some I made to show you. thank 5 reading ps: remove the space in the url

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
yeah, over both like Kazan said.

If you need help with csps csses or stock icons i'll help http:/ /imgur.com/j2HwxkC,J51xb1o,cT4SixH,zN0YZMt these are some I made to show you. thank 5 reading ps: remove the space in the url
I already asked taiko when I started link if he could render and do menu stuff for him, sorry. you can make some to use in your build though

also, I will have some more screens to post today of link's recolors and the OoT outfit

Last edited:

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
I wonder, don't :link2: & :toonlink: have different bone structure? In that case it's gonna be hard importing :younglinkmelee: on both characters without the models looking weird in the animations... Still, I'm sure you got this under control.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I think they are the same minus the positioning of the hair bone, missing pouch for toon link, and the overall skeleton size. just gotta make the model bigger to rig over link.

instead of working on link today I did some more work on young link since everyone has been talking about him lately. here are the progress pics:

almost done with the hero shield, just gotta remake the back part of the it. I forgot that it isn't just metal like the hylian shield, it is made of wood. after that all that is needed for it to be done are texture edits

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
yeah, over both like Kazan said.

I already asked taiko when I started link if he could render and do menu stuff for him, sorry. you can make some to use in your build though

also, I will have some more screens to post today of link's recolors and the OoT outfit
Okay cool I can't wait for these to come out, thank you for replying back to me, and I have full faith that taikos will be better then mine. :)

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
I think they are the same minus the positioning of the hair bone, missing pouch for toon link, and the overall skeleton size. just gotta make the model bigger to rig over link.

instead of working on link today I did some more work on young link since everyone has been talking about him lately. here are the progress pics:

almost done with the hero shield, just gotta remake the back part of the it. I forgot that it isn't just metal like the hylian shield, it is made of wood. after that all that is needed for it to be done are texture edits
HOLY CRAP! That's amazing!

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet

Truly amazing! omg i can't wait for Young Link!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Okay cool I can't wait for these to come out, thank you for replying back to me, and I have full faith that taikos will be better then mine. :)
np
HOLY CRAP! That's amazing!
thank u
Truly amazing! omg i can't wait for Young Link!
and thank u

been working on link's scarf rig, I almost have it done. just need to touch up on a few spots. as usual here are the progress pics:

it clips through the body a lot, but with the way it flow in game it is worth it.

I also finished the majora's mask hero shield model for young link, those interested in the model can check the spoiler:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Throw Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf in with him and ill be interested

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Do you know how much time and effort goes into making and working on these models? Specially something on this level? No? Then don't act so entitled, making something like this (And really high quality at that) is a lot of work so show some respect, if you're not interested then don't comment at all.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
whoa talk about blowing stuff out of proportion sheesh. Never said he doesn't do good work or that I didn't appreciate it. It's all good stuff.

Just because I'm not interested doesn't mean I was saying any of it was bad.

Get that out of the way before anyone else jumps the gun.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
whoa talk about blowing stuff out of proportion sheesh. Never said he doesn't do good work or that I didn't appreciate it. It's all good stuff.
While you might not have said that you weren't interested directly, it was heavily implied:

Just because I'm not interested doesn't mean I was saying any of it was bad.
Look to what I said above. You definitely DIDNT say that the work was bad and no one is saying that you said it.

The problem that others have is that it (at least from what I read) seems that you're dismissing the work he's spent countless hours on (I think a few months), which isn't the case at all. You're simply stating that you'd like something that he's going to do, but you want it on a higher priority.

I would heavily and profusely suggest (as foolish as it sounds) to go over what you want to post multiple times (three times should be enough). I do it myself, especially when you realize that the message that you might want to communicate can get garbled when others interpret it.

Another suggestion is critiquing/complimenting/commenting on what iwg has done and then mention your interest in HW ganondorf.

Now no more derailing pls lol

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
While you might not have said that you weren't interested directly, it was heavily implied:

Look to what I said above. You definitely DIDNT say that the work was bad and no one is saying that you said it.

The problem that others have is that it (at least from what I read) seems that you're dismissing the work he's spent countless hours on (I think a few months), which isn't the case at all. You're simply stating that you'd like something that he's going to do, but you want it on a higher priority.

I would heavily and profusely suggest (as foolish as it sounds) to go over what you want to post multiple times (three times should be enough). I do it myself, especially when you realize that the message that you might want to communicate can get garbled when others interpret it.

Another suggestion is critiquing/complimenting/commenting on what iwg has done and then mention your interest in HW ganondorf.

Now no more derailing pls lol
/facepalm

I wasn't trying to insult him or his work nor was I telling him to do anything or make anything nor was I trying to dismiss the work he puts in to it I am an aspiring game designer I would NEVER insult a game developers work I have seen developers go to the hospital doing this job and know full well what goes into development of games and mods.

YOU guys are coming to the conclusion that I'm trying to dismiss or insult his work on your own. which was never the case

Good day.

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
/facepalm

I wasn't trying to insult him or his work nor was I telling him to do anything or make anything nor was I trying to dismiss the work he puts in to it I am an aspiring game designer I would NEVER insult a game developers work I have seen developers go to the hospital doing this job and know full well what goes into development of games and mods.

YOU guys are coming to the conclusion that I'm trying to dismiss or insult his work on your own. which was never the case

Good day.
Clearly, our issue with you is not that you intended to insult him. It's a matter of respect, and your original comment came off as something that didnt initially entail respect. That's all.

Last edited:

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
my G0D you just have to be that one guy with the unpopular opinion...look if you're not interested why did you comment in the first place? this guy is working hard to give Zelda fans some DLC in the smash community and you should respect that. dude your post was very rude... just go away.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Clearly, our issue with you is not that you intended to insult him. It's a matter of respect, and your original comment came off as something that didnt initially entail respect. That's all.
Regardless if anyone thought I was trying to be insulting, dismissing, or disrespectful doesn't change the fact that I didn't post the original comment with any malicious intent and I don't want anyone especially the developer to think so.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
my G0D you just have to be that one guy with the unpopular opinion...look if you're not interested why did you comment in the first place? this guy is working hard to give Zelda fans some DLC in the smash community and you should respect that. dude your post was very rude... just go away.
And you among others are incorrectly perceveing my post that way

DanesoulX

Smash Cadet
And you among others are incorrectly perceveing my post that way
Think before you act, that one post that you made caused me and a lot of others to be upset. even if you never meant to upset anyone, why post something like that? we are suppose to be supporting him. i respect him a lot for putting the effort to make this DLC pack..i really appreciate what he is doing...As for you take your drama somewhere else ok?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Think before you act, that one post that you made caused me and a lot of others to be upset. even if you never meant to upset anyone, why post something like that? we are suppose to be supporting him. i respect him a lot for putting the effort to make this DLC pack..i really appreciate what he is doing...As for you take your drama somewhere else ok?
I never said/implied I didn't support him. And I didn't want drama in the first place I didn't even expect anyone to perceve a simple post that way when I posted it What I was expecting when I posted my original comment was "He is doing Hyrule Warriors Ganon" and I would have replied "oh awesome" not all this so don't assume that I did.

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
I never said/implied I didn't support him. And I didn't want drama in the first place I didn't even expect anyone to perceve a simple post that way when I posted it What I was expecting when I posted my original comment was "He is doing Hyrule Warriors Ganon" and I would have replied "oh awesome" not all this so don't assume that I did.
Well, glad we all made peace then, good day.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
thanks everyone

@ Malkior7 Malkior7 , the way you worded your original comment did come off a bit rude. if I would have been the first one to respond my comment may have been similar to everyone else's. but to answer you question, yes I am doing ganondorf. based on the poll from my other thread he is next

also, thanks to taiko the hero shield is done. will have previews later.

Last edited:

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
yeah. i planned to research brawlex stuff to get him his own slot and new voice. there is a brawlex young link pack on the vault that uses pik's young link over link.
If you happen to figure out how to give specific costume slots their own .sawnd file or how to let them have their own .pac file... plz... let...me... know... lol. I've been looking into BrawlEx a bit but haven't quite figured out exactly what I need to do..... Alsooooo.... Ahem.... HYRULE WARRIORS LINK! My body is so ready for him.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
@ Malkior7 Malkior7 , the way you worded your original comment did come off a bit rude. if I would have been the first one to respond my comment may have been similar to everyone else's. but to answer you question, yes I am doing ganondorf. based on the poll from my other thread he is next
I'd rather just bury the issue at this point I just want people to believe I wasn't posting that with bad or disrespectful intentions that's all I want. I don't want to be viewed as a bad person over this misunderstanding I'm not a bad person. I just hope people see that.

Cool I look forward to seeing him when the time comes

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
If you happen to figure out how to give specific costume slots their own .sawnd file or how to let them have their own .pac file... plz... let...me... know... lol. I've been looking into BrawlEx a bit but haven't quite figured out exactly what I need to do..... Alsooooo.... Ahem.... HYRULE WARRIORS LINK! My body is so ready for him.
I doubt I can figure it out but if I do, I will be sure to let you know. and thanks

I'd rather just bury the issue at this point I just want people to believe I wasn't posting that with bad or disrespectful intentions that's all I want. I don't want to be viewed as a bad person over this misunderstanding I'm not a bad person. I just hope people see that.

Cool I look forward to seeing him when the time comes
alright, will be awhile before I start on him though

also guys, unfortunately link isn't lag free like I thought. I had someone to test it and they told me it was lag free, while taiko was doing the new textures for the MM hero shield I also asked if he could lag test link to make sure. he told me that 2 had a little lag, more than that and gameplay would be affected. so I am working on optimizing him some more now.

as for the MM hero shield, it just needs minor model and UV edits now that I have completed textures. here's a preview:

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
I doubt I can figure it out but if I do, I will be sure to let you know. and thanks

alright, will be awhile before I start on him though

also guys, unfortunately link isn't lag free like I thought. I had someone to test it and they told me it was lag free, while taiko was doing the new textures for the MM hero shield I also asked if he could lag test link to make sure. he told me that 2 had a little lag, more than that and gameplay would be affected. so I am working on optimizing him some more now.

as for the MM hero shield, it just needs minor model and UV edits now that I have completed textures. here's a preview:

Nice!

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
I know this is off topic, but who else wants Smash 4 WiiU / 3DS to have music DLC? I like the game's music and I would love to hear more. Anyone agree?

Juken

Smash Ace
Um... I usually don't care about a bit of off-topic, but that was incredibly random...

It'd be cool I guess, but it'd be better to ask the people in the Smash 4 general section instead of the people in the Project M section.

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
That's true, I guess I was thinking outside the PM box while being in the PM box. I also wish Project M can make more original songs. The 3.5 Menu sounds awesome.

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
Since the kokiri sword is so big in the model I think the great fairy sword would be cool for a quick port over it, that is if they have a model in hyrule warriors of it

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Since the kokiri sword is so big in the model I think the great fairy sword would be cool for a quick port over it, that is if they have a model in hyrule warriors of it

I resized the sword. forgot to show the pic, but I did resize the sword. the size you saw was it's original ripped sized, it's current size is smaller.

also, I didn't fully utilize the trisstripper in BB so link may be lagless. taiko reminded and shared his import settings, so I just need to reimport them with the new settings and get him lagged tested again to see. may have an update later, gotta work on another mod real quick.

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
I resized the sword. forgot to show the pic, but I did resize the sword. the size you saw was it's original ripped sized, it's current size is smaller.

also, I didn't fully utilize the trisstripper in BB so link may be lagless. taiko reminded and shared his import settings, so I just need to reimport them with the new settings and get him lagged tested again to see. may have an update later, gotta work on another mod real quick.
did you add bones to the hw link or did you figure out how to use the hat bones, i'm asking because i was working on a happy mask sells man over toon link and couldn't get the hat bones to work for the back pack.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
yes finally young link from hyrule warriors, make sure to have multiple colors and possibly a moveset -if you can that is- and i think he should go over toon link. and fierce deity link doesn't need a shield just the Double-Helix Blade. and young link with the guilded sword would be the best.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
did you add bones to the hw link or did you figure out how to use the hat bones, i'm asking because i was working on a happy mask sells man over toon link and couldn't get the hat bones to work for the back pack.
I figured out how to use the hat bone.

Top Bottom