• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
yes finally young link from hyrule warriors, make sure to have multiple colors and possibly a moveset -if you can that is- and i think he should go over toon link. and fierce deity link doesn't need a shield just the Double-Helix Blade. and young link with the guilded sword would be the best.
Do you want fries with all that? Joking. Anyways, I'm sure someone else is doing the recolors. Young Link will be over Link and Toon Link. I sure Project M's Toon Link's moveset already fits him well. The reason FD Link needs a shield is cause he's over link. IMO, he should go over Ike instead. Young Link with the Guilded Sword would sound cool though.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I'll be so excited if Young Link works over PM Toon Link with no issue, and if someone makes a decent SFX pack. You do great work iwantgames.

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
If only Project M added Young Link, then you can just put your HW YL over him. *sigh* We can only dream...

...and mod.

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
If only Project M added Young Link, then you can just put your HW YL over him. *sigh* We can only dream...

...and mod.
Do what i do take the names off of toon link in brawlbox and make a new layer In gimp or photoshop with the name of toon link put it on the csp for the first four csps then switch to young link put his name in by using the steps i stated before then put the csp and models in the correct places, i do the csps like this. for the mixture i put it as toon link because it looks like him more.
Toon Link (first 4)
Both(5th spot)
Young Link(next 4)

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Do what i do take the names off of toon link in brawlbox and make a new layer In gimp or photoshop with the name of toon link put it on the csp for the first four csps then switch to young link put his name in by using the steps i stated before then put the csp and models in the correct places, i do the csps like this. for the mixture i put it as toon link because it looks like him more.
Toon Link (first 4)
Both(5th spot)
Young Link(next 4)
I'm sorry, but...

...what?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
hey guys unfortunately link isn't completely lagless. only managed to get him lagless with three, four lags depending on the stage. has slight lag on battlefield, higher poly stages will cause more lag. i will leave him like this for now so that i can do other costumes and characters from the game. after i finish all characters i will come back to him to see if i can reduce the lag some more.

currently working on something else, after i am done with it i just need to do a little more work on all of their hands and default links scarf and they are done. here is some pics of Hero recolors and OoT link costumes:

i just thought i ask. seeing as how all of link's slots will be filled with just the default costumes w/ recolors and the SS and OoT DLC, should i go ahead and work on other characters like Ganondorf, Zelda, Sheik, and young link over toon link after i release current link stuff?

as for young link over toon link, I was thinking of replacing all of his slots. half will be MM (hero shield w/ current sword) and the other half will be OoT (deku shield w/ kokiri sword)

Last edited:

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
currently working on something else, after i am done with it i just need to do a little more work on all of their hands and default links scarf and they are done. here is some pics of Hero recolors and OoT link costumes:

Wow. These look amazing.

i just thought i ask. seeing as how all of link's slots will be filled with just the default costumes w/ recolors and the SS and OoT DLC, should i go ahead and work on other characters like Ganondorf, Zelda, Sheik, and young link over toon link after i release current link stuff?
SHEIK! OH MT GOD, YES!

as for young link over toon link, I was thinking of replacing all of his slots. half will be MM (hero shield w/ current sword) and the other half will be OoT (deku shield w/ kokiri sword)
All right!

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
hey guys unfortunately link isn't completely lagless. only managed to get him lagless with three, four lags depending on the stage. has slight lag on battlefield, higher poly stages will cause more lag. i will leave him like this for now so that i can do other costumes and characters from the game. after i finish all characters i will come back to him to see if i can reduce the lag some more.

ok first why does dark link have a sword in his sheath and his hand, 2nd how much have you decreased young links sword(s) and will they be resized again to match the hit boxes for toon link, 3rd will you use young link sfx since your using all the slots and will oot young link still have the mask on his head, 4th amazing work all you're stuff has went in my build and you got my friend into hacking so thank you for that.
also:4sheik: for next hyrule warrior costume :joyful:

500YearOldGrandpa

Smash Cadet
I'm sure most people pick and choose what they want from most packs anyway (I know I do), so Fierce Deity or any Link stuff you have planned won't be wasted. You should work on whatever you want though! (especially if you're just plain sick of looking at Link)

Last edited:

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
I'm sure most people pick and choose what they want from most packs anyway (I know I do), so Fierce Deity or any Link stuff you have planned won't be wasted. You should work on whatever you want though! (especially if you're just plain sick of looking at Link)
I second this

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
ok first why does dark link have a sword in his sheath and his hand, 2nd how much have you decreased young links sword(s) and will they be resized again to match the hit boxes for toon link, 3rd will you use young link sfx since your using all the slots and will oot young link still have the mask on his head, 4th amazing work all you're stuff has went in my build and you got my friend into hacking so thank you for that.
also:4sheik: for next hyrule warrior costume :joyful:
(1) I must have fecked up on the visibility stuff, easy fix. (2) it's currently the size of adult link bones for hit boxes, if it needs to be larger or smaller for toon link's then it will be resized again. (3) I won't include it in the upload, will probably link to it so that the creator of the sfx can have his downloads. as for OoT young link, yes he will have the mask. (4) thanks and I am glad that I could motivate someone. (5) unfortunately sheik is last, according the poll on my other thread. it's ganon, Zelda, and then sheik.

thank you so much for that. think I may go ahead and work on another character after I release the current link stuff and just comeback to the rest of the costumes. this way all of the characters from Zelda can have a costume while I work on the extras..

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice

You sir, are a god! :chuckle:

Juken

Smash Ace

I'd say Sheik. Less costumes overall and not much you have to take like a sword or shield. I'm guessing you'd get it done quicker than with people like Ganondorf, and her Hyrule Warriors design is great.

Edit: Just read your other post, nevermind then.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Excellent work on these models.
thanks

You sir, are a god! :chuckle:
thanks

I'd say Sheik. Less costumes overall and not much you have to take like a sword or shield. I'm guessing you'd get it done quicker than with people like Ganondorf, and her Hyrule Warriors design is great.
you're right, I just looked at the models and I think I might have to go in reverse order:

ganon is completely broken; needs his hair to be remade, his skirt needs to be remade, the tassel like things needs to be remade, and even though those things are missing and needs to be redone he still has 33k worth of poly.

Zelda is ok; she just needs her front hair reconnected, and her skirt and back of her hair remade. forgot to check poly count

Sheik requires just a little work; have to reconnect her ponytail (could probably use it for Zelda too, haven't looked at it) and remake the front pieces of her hair. I think she is at or around 18k poly without fixes and stuff

hope this doesn't upset anyone, if it does I am sorry. I should have looked at the models before making the poll.

Last edited:

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
you do know that Young Link still has the same voice actress Fujiko Takimoto for all these years right??

koei.wikia.com/wiki/Young_Link
zeldawiki.org/List_of_Voice_Actors#Link
I know, but his new voice makes him sound younger and more whinier then his Oot / MM /Melee voice. Maybe I'm just fond of his older voice cause I've heard it long enough to be okay with it.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
link's arsenal started to look a little outdated:

Made some adjustments to the rig based on these screens

these will be included with link's release, along with the hookshot and bomb.

there is a slight glitch I experienced with these weapons. it will cause a huge lag in the game if it happens, no freezing just lag. for this reason I will be including the raw dae's in the download. when the glitch happens just replace the weapon that glitched and it will work properly. I will include a stable FitLinkMotionEtc.pac in the download (one in which I used all of the weapons and the glitch doesn't occur FOR ME). hopefully it doesn't happen for you guys either, just to be sure i wouldn't recommend messing with the FitLinkMotionEtc.pac. Unless you feel like either reimporting the weapons or re-downloading the stable version.

i will also have 2 more surprises that i will share with you guys tomorrow, so i hope you guys are looking forward to that.

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice
I'm really hyped for that Young Link, it looks really good. Thanks for putting your time into these.

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Your work is looking great! Keep it up!

Also I second Sheik for your next project, and can you also throw in HW Impa as a Sheik alt, as well? I would totally love to see this :D

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Did I mention I love you, IWG

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I'm really hyped for that Young Link, it looks really good. Thanks for putting your time into these.
thanks and no problem

Your work is looking great! Keep it up!

Also I second Sheik for your next project, and can you also throw in HW Impa as a Sheik alt, as well? I would totally love to see this :D
thanks

Did I mention I love you, IWG
...thanks

Looks sexy with that scarf now, aye?

Waiting in hype for the sexy long haired Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf.
hopefully it's not too long, there is a lot of work to be done for him

Ooh! I feel like Hyrule Warrior's items would fit Smash much better than Twilight Princess', you clever devil you!
I never really liked the look of the items from TP after seeing the items from the Zelda games that followed

Also, I promised 2 surprises but wasn't able to get to them til now cause I've been busy:

surprise 1

got a few things to fix and re-rig, but he's pretty much done

Surprise 2
later this week, got a test I am preparing for

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
thanks and no problem

thanks

...thanks

hopefully it's not too long, there is a lot of work to be done for him

I never really liked the look of the items from TP after seeing the items from the Zelda games that followed

Also, I promised 2 surprises but wasn't able to get to them til now cause I've been busy:

surprise 1

got a few things to fix and re-rig, but he's pretty much done

Surprise 2
later this week, got a test I am preparing for
RIGGING
IS
HARD
AND
PAINFUL.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
hey guys, here is surprise 2

has better non-brawl eye textures thanks to taiko. this completes the first batch of costumes that I will upload to the HW Link pack, it now contains:

HW Hero Link
HW Red
HW Blue
HW Purple
HW Yellow
HW Dark Link
Trainee Link
OoT DLC
TP DLC
SS DLC

The rest of the costumes will be done sometime after I finish the other characters, these are:

Deity Link
Young Link
Postman DLC (maybe, shoulders won't look right)

Now I just have to focus on getting them all setup and working correctly in game and I can upload them.

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, here is surprise 2

has better non-brawl eye textures thanks to taiko. this completes the first batch of costumes that I will upload to the HW Link pack, it now contains:

HW Hero Link
HW Red
HW Blue
HW Purple
HW Yellow
HW Dark Link
Trainee Link
OoT DLC
TP DLC
SS DLC

The rest of the costumes will be done sometime after I finish the other characters, these are:

Deity Link
Young Link
Postman DLC (maybe, shoulders won't look right)

Now I just have to focus on getting them all setup and working correctly in game and I can upload them.
OOOOOH :D
smexy. i understand your young link in particular has quite a bit of detail / rigging to it. any estimate on when you think this pack will be ready to go? just to satiate the drooling fandom ;3

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
OOOOOH :D
smexy. i understand your young link in particular has quite a bit of detail / rigging to it. any estimate on when you think this pack will be ready to go? just to satiate the drooling fandom ;3
as much as I would like to give a release date/time I can't. a lot of the time I don't stick to them. I don't want to get anyone hopes up for nothing. all that I can say is soon.

all that's left:

material and shader for each costume (takes a few minutes per costume, sometimes error occurs. so it could take longer)
metal (a few seconds)
menu stuff (hour + maybe)

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
as much as I would like to give a release date/time I can't. a lot of the time I don't stick to them. I don't want to get anyone hopes up for nothing. all that I can say is soon.

all that's left:

material and shader for each costume (takes a few minutes per costume, sometimes error occurs. so it could take longer)
metal (a few seconds)
menu stuff (hour + maybe)
honestly thats more than enough info. sounds like itll be a solid week or two to me. keep up the good work man!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Yeah, my brother showed me it once, but I'll need to do it over and over again to get it, haha.
yeah, sometimes it doesn't work. depends on how similar the models are. other times you may have to touch up what it did. the second one is what I have to do since the models are pretty much the exact same thing

honestly thats more than enough info. sounds like itll be a solid week or two to me. keep up the good work man!
probably within a week, and thanks

I wasn't going to post this yet, but since she almost done I might as well. decided to look at her model this morning and ended up fixing it. it didn't take this long to fix it, probably an hour and a few minutes. I was just playing on my Wii U for awhile so I am just now posting it.

album with more viewpoints here: http://imgur.com/a/xTBgY#0

just need to finish editing the front hairs on her left side and re-UV them. Her OoT costumes doesn't require any fixes just rigging. so when I get to sheik it shouldn't take that long to finish her.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
yeah, sometimes it doesn't work. depends on how similar the models are. other times you may have to touch up what it did. the second one is what I have to do since the models are pretty much the exact same thing

probably within a week, and thanks

I wasn't going to post this yet, but since she almost done I might as well. decided to look at her model this morning and ended up fixing it. it didn't take this long to fix it, probably an hour and a few minutes. I was just playing on my Wii U for awhile so I am just now posting it.

album with more viewpoints here: http://imgur.com/a/xTBgY#0

just need to finish editing the front hairs on her left side and re-UV them. Her OoT costumes doesn't require any fixes just rigging. so when I get to sheik it shouldn't take that long to finish her.
How high is the polygon count compared to Brawl's? I imagine exponentially higher? I, personally, wouldn't mind removal of the harp and knives, should the polygon limit be an irritation.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
How high is the polygon count compared to Brawl's? I imagine exponentially higher? I, personally, wouldn't mind removal of the harp and knives, should the polygon limit be an irritation.
everything in pic makes her 3x that of brawl sheik's poly count. without the harp she is around 15k-16k. with the harp she is lower or about the same as the optimized hero link i am working on. so right now she should be lagless with 3 costumes in game. this is without optimizing anything on her, when i do optimize her she should be lagless with 4 costumes in game.

I decided to add the harp because she was low poly. she is one of the lowest poly characters in the game, I think nobody has attempted/imported her yet because of the broken mesh.

also if the harp doesn't look right in animations then I will most likely remove it.

Top Bottom