• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've recently gotten into team battles

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
It seems to me DK is a beast in teams. Ground slapping send opponents airborne for ur teammate to combo. Which brings me to my next question. Which characters team best with DK???

Kitsune-kun

Smash Cadet
Personnaly, I team with a Zelda and it's really good !
But I think Luigi, Wario, MK (lol), Yoshi would be cool as a teammate.

Te-Jay

Smash Apprentice
Corner Brook/St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
My doubles partners are Diddy and Ike. If you can also handle nana's very well, DK + DK wrecks pretty bad. Ike is beautiful for grab releases or cargo d-throwing to his massive f smash. Anyone air based will work awsome too. Wario, MK, marth maybe too.

Veggi

Smash Champion
In my opinion, characters that can rack up damage quickly, have good control over their projectiles, and can stay out of the way are best for DK. Snake on a team with DK works well for me, but I have no idea why.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Dk would have good team skills with

Wario
DK him self
Zelda
Meta knight
Diddy Kong

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
i disagree with the Diddy Kong team setup, diddy is just bad in teams all around.

Sonic is a surprisingly good teams partner, he has insane damage output, so that DK can kill even faster. he is also fast enough to run to DK and save him if he gets in a bad position like getting foostooled or something.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
I teamed with a G&W before, and it was pretty ****. I would grab and G&W would do judgement, or Game would grab and I would punch. Dk hits them into the air, game hits them back down into DK for more damage. Its a pretty sweet team.

GowerewoG

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kielbasalikeabas
I'm going to be teaming with a Peach this weekend (DK+Peach) any good combos or anything i should look out for in our match ups?

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
one thing you might want her to do is if your a bit shy of recovering, have peach toad your upb. it has saved me quite a few times before when i team with peach.

GowerewoG

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kielbasalikeabas
do down b while peach is floating! aerial and ground ****!
i like this idea :) ill have to give it a try!

im kinda hoping i can get used to peaches Down Smash. It usually sends people behind her, and if im ready behind her, i should be able to Foward Smash or Down Smash the person she hits.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
i disagree with the Diddy Kong team setup, diddy is just bad in teams all around.

Sonic is a surprisingly good teams partner, he has insane damage output, so that DK can kill even faster. he is also fast enough to run to DK and save him if he gets in a bad position like getting foostooled or something.
I only said Diddy kong because there like cool friends use to work together alot

But yea I agree

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Teaming with Diddy takes a lot of patience but it can work. Diddy hump is probably one of the best moves there is in teams. It's a b move grab and the jump function allows for their team mate to follow up with whatever they like, in our case that's usually like 50 damage.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
hey, tiers dont matter as much in teams. DK+Bowser would be a sick *** powerhouse.
DK's cargo dthrow into Bowser fsmash?

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
DK + ROB has some good psynergy in teams, I've found. Me and my teammate could put a lot of pressure on high-tier teams from people that were undoubtedly both better than us in a tournament we used this at. ROB's gyro and laser can take a lot of space and both stall people for punch charging time, and he's pretty good at saving DK offstage too. DK makes up for ROB's more predictable kills.

Downside: you both can get juggled pretty hard.

Not that I've got much brawl tourney EXP, but it certainly did seem to work really well.

-MCT-

Smash Cadet
I have problems with DK's size in doubles matches, I just can't get used to it... I usually pull him out only when the stage is large enough to let me space well, like Yoshi's Story, Jungle Japes, Corneria... it's true that I don't play doubles matches very often but I really should get rid of this problem.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Yea, small stages cause a lot of problem. Between combos and friendly fire your early lifespan can get eaten all at once, no surprise there. And it happens a lot if you don't work to never take that first hit. Battlefield is pretty painful, which sucks since DK's got some offensive strongpoints on the course, too. It's hard to weigh.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
if you play carefully offstage though, you can stay out of the way for a while because DK is pretty floaty.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
lol yeah he can come back from some pretty ridiculous places. even though his vert recovery is still really bad, it can decieve you from how low he'll actually still catch the ledge.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Diddy, Peach, and Marth.

My buddies play Pit, Lucas, and Wolf...and we probably do so well together because of the fact that we play together all the time.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
I just started teaming with a Wario. Bite and Dthrow is crazy good for follow ups. Not to mention you can throw your opponents to Wario and he lands a free waft. This team is just too good.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
It's epic but too bad anyone with thumbs won't be hit by that warlock punch.

Will and I discovered a nasty double dk combo that guarantees easy mid % kills off the top. Any time either DK gets a grab the other should immediately start charging an up smash and the one with the grab should cargo short hop down throw into the charged sweetspotted upsmash. It *****.

Dekar173

Justice Man
It's epic but too bad anyone with thumbs won't be hit by that warlock punch.

Will and I discovered a nasty double dk combo that guarantees easy mid % kills off the top. Any time either DK gets a grab the other should immediately start charging an up smash and the one with the grab should cargo short hop down throw into the charged sweetspotted upsmash. It *****.
it's epic but too bad anyone who can hold up won't be hit by that cargo throw

I'm too awesome.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Holding up doesn't make you get out instantly, there is definitely enough time to short hop down throw.

Top Bottom