• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's-a-me! Mario! Wait, it's not Mario, it's Jumpman! New OP that's not horrible!

Morbi

Scavenger
How do you know though?
Bidoof stated it perfectly, the cancer story is completely over-used. Not to mention, cancer wouldn't kill anyone at the young age of 20 (except in extremely rare cases) which would actually entail that the original poster would have known about her imminent death. With ideal preparation for a tragedy the effects of the event are significantly attenuated. The other notion that Bidoof made very clear was that it is highly improbable that one would suffer life-threatening burns from a camp fire. Especially with others there to nullify the situation. You simply can't do that. I have second-hand experience with suicidal tendencies and no one rational would attempt to murder themselves by fire. Most suicidal people tend to want a painless death. Some feel like they should be punished; however, if the depression had a correlation between the death of his girlfriend, that wouldn't be the case. I am no linguistic expert, but the story had a very humorous feel to it. The writer clearly has no regret.

Lastly, his "friend" came on Smashboards to update a Jumpman thread in his stead. Really? That is how you would honor your friend? Not to mention, I specifically made remarks about Jumpman being his girlfriend, I asserted that he killed himself for Jumpman. He obviously didn't take offense because it is the same person. It is also difficult to comprehend how he has his friends password and account information. As even you pointed out, the dates are not logical either. It is fake.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Bidoof stated it perfectly, the cancer story is completely over-used. Not to mention, cancer wouldn't kill anyone at the young age of 20 (except in extremely rare cases) which would actually entail that the original poster would have known about her imminent death. With ideal preparation for a tragedy the effects of the event are significantly attenuated. The other notion that Bidoof made very clear was that it is highly improbable that one would suffer life-threatening burns from a camp fire. Especially with others there to nullify the situation. You simply can't do that. I have second-hand experience with suicidal tendencies and no one rational would attempt to murder themselves by fire. Most suicidal people tend to want a painless death. Some feel like they should be punished; however, if the depression had a correlation between the death of his girlfriend, that wouldn't be the case. I am no linguistic expert, but the story had a very humorous feel to it. The writer clearly has no regret.

Lastly, his "friend" came on Smashboards to update a Jumpman thread in his stead. Really? That is how you would honor your friend? Not to mention, I specifically made remarks about Jumpman being his girlfriend, I asserted that he killed himself for Jumpman. He obviously didn't take offense because it is the same person. It is also difficult to comprehend how he has his friends password and account information. As even you pointed out, the dates are not logical either. It is fake.
Fair enough; and thank you; this was what I was looking for. HOWEVER, I still doubt they are the same people.

Thor

Smash Champion
Eh, maybe this thread isn't about Jumpman anymore, but I don't think we need another "Mario" type character.
Also, 10 SECONDS of cooldown? Not like, 1? Or 10 frames? That would be enough time to get star-KO'd and still run back over to Jumpman and Falcon Punch him before the cooldown is finished (unless you mean one time every 10 seconds, then I misunderstood, and that's an odd condition).

Relating to the story, suicide by fire almost never happens - I read somewhere like 99+% of those are by suicidal priests (who feel they are unclean) anyway... so it already is somewhat suspect, but I rarely question people on serious matters. However, that story of how it happened was so badly written I can either conclude Dr. Flinn is the worst writer ever or it's false. Just a few points: why the heck would he
- mention marshmallows [and LIKING THEM!]
- mention that he could see his brother about to do it [ESPECIALLY considering he walked to the fire first, not all of a sudden standing and jumping]
- not be able to put it out fast enough (you can't burn and instantly die, unless you are thrown into something like the sun)
- report it on a thread like that?

I agree with MorbidAltruism (and others) on this one. Fake. And also, I'd think you'd mention the relationship at the top (it was SoS, here's what happened).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
After thinking about it for a while, I legitimately think that Jumpman could be next WTF historical character. I do think he will be in his 8-bit form (better than Sheriff honestly), representing an iconic arcade game.

D

Deleted member

8-Bit Mario is not Jumpman.
He's just 8-Bit Mario.

You want Jumpman, you need the original design posted in the last page.
You know, this one:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I like that design alot, though the 8-bitness would work too..
Though I'm leaning to the less 8-bit design more, the red nose and the different colored overalls are pretty cute distinct details.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Rumor is false because I don't believe it. :awesome:

In all seriousness, that is a really stupid thing to leak.
Not really, Jumpman is an iconic character, I think he would be distinct, perhaps throwing oil cans and throwing fire could work, with the hammer working as his normal attacks. Now we totally don't need Paper Mario

Morbi

Scavenger
Not really, Jumpman is an iconic character, I think he would be distinct, perhaps throwing oil cans and throwing fire could work, with the hammer working as his normal attacks. Now we totally don't need Paper Mario
I directly oppose the notion of Paper Mario consistently... and even I think he is a good idea in comparison to Jumpman. Maybe as an alt.

D

Deleted member

Ah, but Jumpman is Mario's evil animal-abusing counterpart. :troll:

Between this and the whip he's got in DK Jr., he's like a whole different person as opposed to the squeaky clean Mario in a paper artstyle. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Ah, so now we know the truth.

Wario is Jumpman's essence in a tangible form after it left Mario's body.

D

Deleted member

And over time, the Jumpman influence in Wario would soon fade and give in to the most powerful entity in existence.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
now that you say that, one of wario's color changes looks a lot like the JumpMan art, like it's even better then the one
mario got himself

STRANGE ISN'T IT

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
I would be happy if Classic Mario appeared in 8-Bit or artwork form. I mean, they're pretty much the same.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
You know if you are going to make former aliases into a playable characters I would go with Mario's original name Ossan. They actually made him into a separate character.

D

Deleted member

I reiterate:
"Ah, but Jumpman is Mario's evil animal-abusing counterpart. :troll:"

Ossan's just a fat guy that plays golf. :awesome:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Going to my moveset for special moves over here:

B-Neutral: Hammer Smash: Jumpman slams his hammer to the ground, leaving a big knockback to opponents. A chargeable move.
B-Side: Oil Drum: Jumpman kicks out a big oil drum, leaving explosive damage if contacted by an opponent. Though the drums move pretty slow.
B-Up: Spring: Jumpman uses the famous purple and yellow spring to give him a high vertical recovery. Unlike Sonic's and Megaman's, this spring has the ability to KO an opponent at decent percentages if used in the air.
B-Down: Cement Pie: Jumpman places down a cement pie, any opponent that contacts gets stuck in the cement until they escape by moving the control stick or d-pad rapidly.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Jumpman is Mario's bad father, which would explain why the Kongs seemingly aged, but Mario didn't.

Top Bottom