• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Islander Cards & Comics Tournament - ICCT1 - Saturday, June 9th

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Whoa slow down i dont know if i can accept all of these just yet... it depends if i win my current ones, but for now lets just say maybe :)

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Haha, imagine if SideEffect had one of those money match sigs right now, it'd be huge.

And god****, this says something about how competitive we are in Florida when it comes to Out-of-State people.

vericz

Smash Champion
Alright I won't be able to pick up sideEffect from disney :( Sorry. My girlfriend is the one who is driving and she won't go down to disney, plus we are going to the beach afterwards. Also I have no idea whether I work or not, hopefully not so I can have some sleep for a tourney. I usually stay up for 30+ hours when a tournament happens, maybe not this time so I will be playing a whole lot better :)

Oh and Dguy are you going to be generous regarding time?? Not many of us have been there before and mapquest can be gay at times. We tried to emphasize time at IGT1 and it just didn't work, too many people got lost using mapquest so we had to start about an hour after the original time. So I'm guessing you scheduled doubles for 11AM and it should be starting about 30min-1 hour later.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I will not be strict with time. It is completely understandable that some people may arrive late. It won't bother people to have a little more time for friendlies.

derf

Smash Ace
b/c otherwise exarch isnt going. i sort of assumed you werent interested and im not willing to drive without splitting the gas money. if you want to go, let me know tomorrow afternoon. i ususally like to go to tournaments the night before b/c i don't wake up early and suck horribly with no sleep

on that note, lobster, did you say the word housing?

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Attendence Update:

Kevin (The Law) is actually not working this Saturday!!! So there is a VERY good chance he will take Joe and myself. Expect Nuff Said + Lawn to be there.

Joe... smash today?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright, here's the deal...one of you Orly or Kissim people are going to pick up SideEffect and give him transportation to this tourney. got it?

Now let's work this out...sorry to put people on the spot, but he's an OOSer, and FL treats OOSers right, follow me?

First of all, there is a car coming from Orlando, driven by Kevin, going towards the tourney. I understand Disney might be a little ways, but what is it? 30 mins extra? He deserves this.

Eric....can you not use your charm....and a bit of money....to convince your gf to get him a ride TO the place? It would undoubtedly be easier to just drive the guy home than to offer both ways, so I'm sure one of the other nice people on this board would offer that... You just said your 2o mins away...come on. She's driving you to the tourney all day, what's 20 Mins more?

Cash Mooney, whatever happened to you offering to take him? Did you suddenly change your mind too?

Boosely, make it happen. you can do it.

And last, Mr. Greene...how far is he from our route? is that a possibility?

That's 5 options people...not to give you the opportunity to say "well, he'll get another", but to have 5 opportunities for somebody to help a guy out...how hard is that?

Like I said...we are CFL. We want to take care of our friendly OOSers, now don't we? Let's come together and make this happen. gogogo

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
b/c otherwise exarch isnt going. i sort of assumed you werent interested and im not willing to drive without splitting the gas money. if you want to go, let me know tomorrow afternoon. i ususally like to go to tournaments the night before b/c i don't wake up early and suck horribly with no sleep

on that note, lobster, did you say the word housing?
Sure thing, theres room here. Just make sure to bring some type of bedding. RFX says you have to bring him Breakfast as well, he enjoy bacon ;)

Vijin

Smash Ace
So who's going to be going to the smash fest/ staying at our place?
So far we've got
Vision
Razrx
ANgrylobster
Jarlax
Hazard
Dguy
Austin
and Maybe Derf and Manko. anyone else?

BobHazzard

Smash Rookie
Two zees!
Hazzard!

My chances of placing at this event greatly depend on peoples lack of motivation. Horry apathy?

Naa. Come, What doesnt kill me 4 times only makes me stronger, i suppose.
Hope to see everyone with a 'maybe' there.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Alright, here's the deal...one of you Orly or Kissim people are going to pick up SideEffect and give him transportation to this tourney. got it?

Now let's work this out...sorry to put people on the spot, but he's an OOSer, and FL treats OOSers right, follow me?

First of all, there is a car coming from Orlando, driven by Kevin, going towards the tourney. I understand Disney might be a little ways, but what is it? 30 mins extra? He deserves this.

Eric....can you not use your charm....and a bit of money....to convince your gf to get him a ride TO the place? It would undoubtedly be easier to just drive the guy home than to offer both ways, so I'm sure one of the other nice people on this board would offer that... You just said your 2o mins away...come on. She's driving you to the tourney all day, what's 20 Mins more?

Cash Mooney, whatever happened to you offering to take him? Did you suddenly change your mind too?

Boosely, make it happen. you can do it.

And last, Mr. Greene...how far is he from our route? is that a possibility?

That's 5 options people...not to give you the opportunity to say "well, he'll get another", but to have 5 opportunities for somebody to help a guy out...how hard is that?

Like I said...we are CFL. We want to take care of our friendly OOSers, now don't we? Let's come together and make this happen. gogogo
Alright, I looked it up on Mapquest, and the distance between my house and the venue and Disney World and the venue aren't too different. It'd add... 30 minutes to my drive plus the time we spend trying to meet up with him at Disney.

I'll talk to the guy driving the car we'll be in, but I doubt he'd be willing to do it, and I REALLY doubt he'd be willing to drive him BACK to Disney World after the tourney. Still, I'll talk the driver anyways to see if I can swing something. In the meantime, though, CashMooney, Vericz, etc, keep trying to work something out, your bets are better than mine.

Oh, and it'd help tremendously if you had some money for gas, SideEffect.

Edit: He said 'no' like 5 times, so coutn me out.

vericz

Smash Champion
Those 20 minutes aren't going to happen :urg: I'm sorry. I tried the charm and the money, no effect. A ride in the morning isn't going to happen and like I said we are staying out late after the tourney so no way to bring him back after the tourney. I need my own car, if I did have one I would give everyone a ride:(

Darrel where are you and manko coming from?? I could give you an estimated amount of time it would take and I think you guys do pass disney, right?

KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Team with me if you have no partner :)

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Those 20 minutes aren't going to happen :urg: I'm sorry. I tried the charm and the money, no effect. A ride in the morning isn't going to happen and like I said we are staying out late after the tourney so no way to bring him back after the tourney. I need my own car, if I did have one I would give everyone a ride:(

Darrel where are you and manko coming from?? I could give you an estimated amount of time it would take and I think you guys do pass disney, right?

KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Team with me if you have no partner :)
Assuming they're coming from Tampa, they could come East on I-4, hop off the Disney/Lake Buena Vista exit, grab SideEffect, hop back on I-4 east, get on 528 and ride it all the way to Merritt Island, unless this map is deceiving me.

Zoro

Smash Champion
aww man 2 tourneys i missed in florida already
good thing theres one happening today in NYC
i got a 2 $ link ditto with pc chris. I think Hiro is like 65% going too.

btw where the hell is meritt island?
tell me how it goes, later

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
aww man 2 tourneys i missed in florida already
good thing theres one happening today in NYC
i got a 2 $ link ditto with pc chris. I think Hiro is like 65% going too.

btw where the hell is meritt island?
tell me how it goes, later
Win the match for LoLs and RoFLs everywhere, we command you.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Come on CFL. Someone should step up and help SideEffect out.

Peace.

Edit: We also could use some more cubes and TVs. If anyone has any that they can bring, it would definitely speed things up.

vericz

Smash Champion
Side effect is driving to FL right now i believe :)
Fenrir and c@sh money are like the only hope, me and ted both got shot down :laugh:

Edit- Dguy mark my tv as singles/friendlies only, the 2nd player slot is dead. . hah

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
No I am leaving this evening and will be arriving to FL Saturday morning 8 am. And I won't have internet access.... so I hope someone can figure something out in the next 5hrs....

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Me and my crew are still deciding whether to go to this (we're already attending two other tournies this month, you see). I really want to go, and I'll have to check with them. If we're all going, I have no problem picking up Side Effect and driving him to and from the tourny.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
ok, based on the address that Colbol provided it only adds 15 minutes to my time. So I don't mind picking him up if C@sh Mooney can't, but of course I'll need a few things.

Side Effect: PM me your cell number and if you know it yet, your room number. Also your first & last name so that I can ask the service desk for your room if needed. I'll probably try to get there around 9:00am, so if you could be in the lobby at that time it'd help. I'll call when I get close though.

Does anyone know if these Disney resorts are on the park grounds. In other words, am I even going to have access to the hotel?

vericz

Smash Champion
I think that address is for the all star resort. And yes the resorts are on Disney property but you can still have access, I think, just ask some people at the gates.

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
Guys bad news, turns out my family wont let me go to this, they're throwing a ***** fit so yeah I cant really go now.

I really wanted to of course but yeah I guess it wasn't meant to be. I hope I didn't let anyone down because my skill needed to be showcased... oh well guys defenitely next time. Thanks to all the people who actually were interested in getting me to this place. Once again, im really sorry. =/

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Sorry to hear that SideEffect. :(

Well, let us know if you're able to convince them otherwise.

Top Bottom