• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Island Panic: A Strictly-based Long Island Crew

Vinnie

Smash Master
Couple of announcements / ideas / things

Alright well it looks like we aren't going to be getting a chat tonight, so this is really all I wanted to address;

1. We need a new crew name. Obviously. Something that has something to do with 'island', since we live on LI.

2. Probably establish crew rules. Some members have been doing things that may spark crew drama, like bragging / talking about other members behind their backs / putting other members down. You know who you are.

3. I also wanted to address this. As you know, me and Blackanese are going to be hosting monthlies (Daphne 1, 2, 3, etc). Daphne 1 is coming up soon, in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to be seeding the bracket. I just want you guys to know that I can't be biased with the seeding, so I'm only giving seeds to people that deserve it. Which means if one of you have to end up playing someone really good round 1, and losing, do not get mad at me. I'm doing my job, running the tournament, trying to get accurate results. I'm not seeding people with 0 results, and I'm not seeding people with bad results, end of discussion. Please don't get mad at me if any of this happens. I'm trying to make it as fair as possible.

4. We need to coordinate weekly dates to practice at our crew headquarters, Brian's house :p. We also need Kevin to practice with us and stuff x_x we haven't played with him once lol.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
1. Island Panic
2. Crew rules? wtf? its not like its a club or nething LOL. we all understand not to do stuff like that, lol
3. no duh
4. Im free tommorow and sunday, i got plans monday tho lol. so w/e works for all of us is good w/ me.

Vinnie

Smash Master
1. Island Panic
2. Crew rules? wtf? its not like its a club or nething LOL. we all understand not to do stuff like that, lol
3. no duh
4. Im free tommorow and sunday, i got plans monday tho lol. so w/e works for all of us is good w/ me.
1. Island panic sort of sounds like Oil Panic. Me and Steve sort of dun like it much.... it's... meh.
2. Just to avoid any crew drama :[ but I guess you're right. Let's get more opinions from others though.
3. I just don't want anybody to get mad at me if they happen to play like... Ally first round or some ****.
4. K. I'm thinking Brian's tomorrow. Brian-me-hippie-steve-john. Josh is busy tomorrow so yeah. Brian's drunk atm so we'll find out tomorrow hopefulleh.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I dunno who was talkin behind whos back.......Honestly I havent said anything at all. Anyway I honestly like island panic we should keep workin on it. Im sorry I cant play tomorrow school and work are making everything so hard. Anyway my bad guys but Ive been wasted all night and finally need to call it a night.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I dunno who was talkin behind whos back.......Honestly I havent said anything at all.
It was referring to several members doing it. Including you though, the whole "I go even with the G&W" and "I can beat John in bracket".

That's behind us now, let's just all stop talking about eachother.

Saying stupid things --> crew drama --> people quit the crew --> crew falls apart. *points at Juice* they're on step 3.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
It was referring to several members doing it. Including you though, the whole "I go even with the G&W" and "I can beat John in bracket".

That's behind us now, let's just all stop talking about eachother.

Saying stupid things --> crew drama --> people quit the crew --> crew falls apart. *points at Juice* they're on step 3.
No its not and this pisses me off I said I went even with G&W because I did and if Im gonna get called out and being happy that Im progressing after VINNY gave me compliments on FRIENDLIES even tho he says they dont matter so I dont know why you would compliment me if it didnt mean anything. SECOND I NEVER SAID I COULD BEAT JOHN IN BRACKET VIVA, if im getting called out Im calling you out because all I said and I still have the convo is that I wouldnt get ***** by the grab release because a) Im not ******** and would strike all flat levels and B) where in that did I say I would beat john in bracket I said I played john in friendlies and did ok against him FRIENDLIES AND OK......not tourny and better. There will be crew drama if people are gonna twist my words and get mad at me for being excited Im getting better. I thought this is a crew where if someone did well we could say it and according to Vinny Im the 3rd best player so if I beat john him friendlies or not I have every right to be excited about it. So look guys you dont want crew drama dont say stupid bull**** you dont have evidence to back up. SO WHOS REALLY TALKIN BEHIND WHOS BACK NOW......HOWS THAT FOR DRAMA????

Yet again hippie I love you thank you for taking no part in this :dizzy:

Vinnie

Smash Master
VINNY gave me compliments on FRIENDLIES even tho he says they dont matter
They don't, none of us try in friendlies lol.

so I dont know why you would compliment me if it didnt mean anything.
that has nothing to do with it. Your Squirtle's doing better, I'm not saying you're some godly player, I'm allowed to give compliments. It has nothing to do with friendlies meaning 0.

I thought this is a crew where if someone did well we could say it and according to Vinny Im the 3rd best player
When I said that (like ~ a month ago), you were. But not by much. If you want to take what I say THAT SERIOUSLY, I can say that Josh is most likely #3 player in this crew currently.

SO WHOS REALLY TALKIN BEHIND WHOS BACK NOW......HOWS THAT FOR DRAMA????
Calm yourself.

Yet again hippie I love you thank you for taking no part in this :dizzy:
Hippie's just reading all of this, chillin' at his computer, eating a cup of noodles.

---------------

From now on, when we're talking about people getting worse / better / when people ask me questions about it, I'm going straight to the point now. Don't bother saying "I went even with X" and "I can beat Y". This goes to everyone.

Let's drop it.

Edit: Also it shouldn't matter who is better than who >__> we're all trying to improve, this isn't a competition amongst ourselves.

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
I wouldnt get ***** by the grab release because a) Im not ******** and would strike all flat levels
Most starter stages have flat levels (BF, FD, SV, YS, LY, but that moves, but Marth still ***** there.) -.-;

Even if I counter picked, let's say, Rainbow Cruise, something that moves always, why would a Marth stay? They'll switch to something better on those stages, like Meta Knight. Then again, most Marth mains ban it, so I'll choose DP. But wait, that's a good stage on Marth. Good for Ness and Marth, but Marth has the match up advantage. Lylat WOULD be good, but again, they would still abuse the grab releasing when they have the chance, fsmash, upb,dsmash,etc
So LITTLE stages Ness can no get gayed over by Marth. DP is probably good pick, but even then, a GOOD Marth know what to do. Pivot grabbed, ****, sucks for me.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
uh im not GONNA lie AT ALL... but i take JOHN'S FRIENDLIES SERIOUSLY TO THE FULLEST LEVEL EVER. no lie no bs no strings LMFAO. maybe cus i feel bad for sding all the time against john xDDDD but i do take MAJORITY or some of johns friendlies seriously... other then that. uh... i just eat cup noodles and try play at same time lol.

@ brians wall of text, one word bra. = mad sus. thats all.

@ pgn this time im eating dumplings nuggah,

@ viva hi ily nohomo

@ beating someone, i think consistency matters more to me IN MY OPINON **** IDK HOW TO SPELL THE WORD w/e

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
Counting all different ideas driftin away
Past and present they don't matter
not if you just sort it out
Watch your moving in elliptical pattern
Think it's not what you say
What you say is way too complicated
For a minute thought I couldn't tell how to fall out

Ness mains stay true.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
W.e at this point this is just stupid I say i go even and Its as if Im saying Im better...all I said is I went even I dont even get why that came up.

If your gonna compliment me vinny and your not trying than it makes no sense to compliment me it doesnt mean anything if your not trying so why would you compliment someone on doing better against nothing.

All im saying is If im gonna get crucified for being happy that my performance got better through other people telling me **** that doesnt mean anything than I dont understand this. You know since youve made the comment about people talking **** about other people more drama has come up than started. So honestly vinny your at the heart of this and if this is how its gonna be and all of a sudden a hammers coming down on me because I said I went even with you because I thought it meant something and that air releases wouldnt **** me figuring that the only straight flat stages are FD and smashville. Yoshi's has a platform going across the whole thing....we wont even talk about lylat.....and battlefield allows for one air release. Squirtle does get ground released by marth its only air and platforms cancel that and only leave marth with a one move followup. Im not saying that that doesnt mean Im not gonna take damage. That means its not going to be the 0-death as usual which is a HUGE change.

Honestly guys at this point I dont wanna play, I felt good about where I was and how I did and now all that is happening is me being excited about doing well FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE I JOINED THIS CREW......is me getting to be the center of bashing than **** all of you because if were really supposed to be supporting growth and being a better player than why the **** was I called out for saying I went even with vinny. And for the last time not even saying I was better could beat him a tourny set any **** like that just that I went even. Maybe you need to all grow up and understand that someone doing well and stating why they think they are doing well is not a reason to point fingers at them as if they ran around saying everyone else sucked **** in comparison to them and could beat them in every MM and tourny set they played.

You know what hippy if you wanna play feel free man cause at this point youve seemed to be the only person acting mature lately.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
tip of iceberg brian = dont respond in wall of texts. keep it to at least one or 2 liners of posts. makes life so much grand.

wall of texts for me are like too much effort and what not, so idk rather just respond 1 liners, so you wont have nubcakes attacking you/flaming you/trolling you/masterbating on you.

im in my bathroom atm with laptop guise having dirrhea worst part is that theres no more toliet paper and no ones home.

FML.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Brian, it's not like you're playing against 'nothing' in friendlies. You're still playing against us, but it's not our full potential. Friendlies are basically to see what works, and something to do when you're bored.

No need to get mad at me. I'm not saying you're not allowed to get better. You have been doing better. But it's not up to us to keep complimenting you every time you bring up friendlies. Most of the time people get compliments are getting better when they prove themselves.

You also keep talking about how you're getting better, but pay no attention to anybody else getting better or their status on anything, which is upsetting.

We're not all going to meatride you after you win friendlies or w/e. Step it up and place in tourney, or you won't get much attention.

And last but not least, I'm not the heart of this problem >___>.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Brian Im being serious right now, I think viva lied. He more or less just said to me on aim "**** just told me he thinks he can beat me / vinny in bracket" idk where this came from but w/e. ****, ur really good and i can see improvement. idk wth every1 is making such a big deal about

edit: OMFG BLACKA

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Sorry hippie there are gonna be walls of text because this is honestly bull**** and Im really not up for it. I made two statements all out of excitement of doing well and basicaally got called out as if I was like I ran around saying everyone else sucked **** in comparison to me and could beat them in every MM and tourny set they played against me.

Vinnie

Smash Master
You know what hippy if you wanna play feel free man cause at this point youve seemed to be the only person acting mature lately.
Just saw this. How are we not acting mature? Because we disagree with what you think? Oh.

Come on, Brian. Don't get mad at me for this. It's dumb.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Is it my fault a man like me, comes from a boring Animefest, eats chinese food, ***** it with soy sauce, hot sauce, then end of the day, comes home, MURDERS HIS TOILET, and finds out there wasn't toilet paper. A person in the house can't seem to provide this bathroom with toliet paper.

Extremely frustrating.

@ Brian, even if you got called out, the trick to it is to, NOT RESPONDING TO IT. You either play along casually, and/or control your anger emotions. lt's at it's HARDEST when it's internet, because internet brings silliness, the preaching called "noob-ism" and retardedness. Just gotta learn to let it go and just go on.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Im honestly done responding I havent complimented anybody well figuring Ive only played with the crew as a whole about 5 times and was sitting there grab releasing viva the whole time doesnt give me much capability to compliment anyone. And plus I dont fish compliments I said that I was complimented once reacted to it and here we are. This is what I mean by immature people jus putting words in other peoples mouths. Thats what I mean it doesnt have **** to do with you not agreeing with me its got to do with me saying 1 THING about going even with you and you calling me out as if I said you suck enormus whale ****.

Thank you john your right viva did lie.

Lastly this is on you vinny because I didnt suddenly get the feeling everyone thought I was an ******* till I was told last night to go home and respond to a real important post basicallyy having a whole bullet to calling out me on bashing everyone even tho all I said was i went even with you. How isnt that your fault?

Top Bottom