• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ISJR with Pit

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Seriously, why isn't this being discussed yet? I'd have to hook up my Wii to practice this, but it's been confirmed to work with him, fast-fallable, and everything. Thing about an endless stream of nair on their shields. Seriously, guys, start talking.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm in the process of making a small video on the subject. Not to mention that preforming it correctly bags you all of your jumps back. Very nice on stages such as Lylat Cruise. ^_^

Anyway the Uair is a point of focus for me at the moment. It just seems to funny. The Nair won't help me with Samus, which is my main opponent. The Screw Attack cancels out the Nair. v_v However I've been practicing it and from what I can tell, it might be useful as a Shield Breaker. I haven't gotten fast enough to prove this yet though.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hrm... I'll hafta try this. Can you do it from the second jump, or do you have to burn all your jumps?

Either way, Pit is hella good. Dthrow>uair is amazing below 30%. Even if they air-dodge, you can just grab them again.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I believe it's impossible with nair and uair. Those are Pit's two auto canceled moves. so they don't finish before he reaches the ground. This would work with fair, bair, and dair though. Fair being the most useful of those for this purpose.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Odd, it's listed as working in the primary thread. Also, they both finish before reaching the ground. I dunno what nair or uair you've been using.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nah they both work. Nair's tricky, but the Uair is probably the easiest to preform.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Well then, I guess I'm not pressing it fast enough then. I thought both of them auto-canceled. Otherwise the ISJR does the jump during the auto-cancel.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Just gotta be a little faster. Anyway it would seem as though the Nair can't be used as quickly as one would hope. Thus a shield shredder is almost out of the question.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
oh wow... just reading this makes me feel like i'm going learning l-canceling all over again

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
K I read the link you gave and all this so what I need to do is learn right where my nair or up air end then, jump, attack so that it is timed to end just as I hit the ground then hit r (air dodge) and y(jump) to do the SJR then do it all over again and again for the ISJR right.

What does his chart mean by fast fall and muti air and how would they work for this?

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
You will never be breaking shields with the N-air. The fact that you have to go through all the animation first, including the ending, means there will always be an opening.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I actually saw the old thread a couple days ago and didn't give it much thought. But I am going to play around with it today. ^_^

So are you saying that they will roll away with the opening frames that Pit ends the Nair? What about following it up with a tech chase falling Angel Ring Slide Tech? (name unconfirmed)

Can't wait for the video since I am having trouble with it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
SH-Fair-FF-ISJR-Fair-FF-ISJR
and
SH-Bair-FF-ISJR-Bair-FF-ISJR
are both freaking amazing and is faster then a normal chain of those attacks. lol I can't FF the Uair though... Would be nice if I could figure that one out.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Alright, I'll attempt to explain it in layman's terms.

The concept is similar to Bowser's Koopa Klaw. As I'm sure you've seen, Bowser can cancel his attack when near the ground to recovery his jump. Thus being able to do this again and again in succession, thus resulting in an infinite jump. A similar attribute to that of the Wing Renewal.

On any of your midair jumps you can preform an aerial and as it's ending and you're about to touch the ground, you can cancel the aerial with another jump. Doing so results in a recovery of all of your jumps AND Up-B. Which is actually applicable to Pit.

Here's a video demonstration of Snake having some fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paIO9BrxKsc

kown

Smash Lord
ive seen that vid and i also dont understand how to do the isjr or sjr. like i dont know if im doing it right or what it should look like.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well practice it first with a character that you can see it done with. Such as Snake's Bair. Once you can replicate what you're seeing in the videos then you should have an undrstanding on how it works and should then be able to apply it to Pit.

kown

Smash Lord
i did it a couple times with snake's bair. but i dont c how its useful unless thiers platforms. itd be really helpful if u could put a vid up.

kown

Smash Lord
yea ive seen them but i can do a bair/fair three times with SH and regular jump. i dont understand how it helps those characters with more than 2 jumps. rhy its been a while if u understand it more than me id appreciate ur help.

kupo15

Smash Hero
i have been able to do this with snake's Bair, but It is harder to see with Pit because of his multi jump. Undrdog: Can you make a small replay with what you described and send it to me to replicate? Once I get the hang of it, I can help with the FF Uair.

I think I was able to do the Bair with Pit similar to Snake with the platforms. I just have to try doing that forever

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You never have to fast fall. Plus man, don't double post. Edit the previous post if you must. ^_^

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Can someone post a short vid of this with pit? I can't get the timing down and I want to see if this is usefull enough to put time into

Edit: nvm under posted a vid of uair already.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
After looking at the videos, it looks like the ISJ just goes too high to be of any use. It's too high for a ground approach, and if you're doing a juggle, Pit has multiple jumps anyway, wouldn't want to take the dip to gain back one jump.

kown

Smash Lord
After looking at the videos, it looks like the ISJ just goes too high to be of any use. It's too high for a ground approach, and if you're doing a juggle, Pit has multiple jumps anyway, wouldn't want to take the dip to gain back one jump.

this technique is faster than anything else and i used to think that it wasnt good but after a learned how to do it and performed it i was like wow this is amazing. also the uair can be used for sure. not sure about anythign else but im pretty sure also

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
It's only faster by 1/15 of a second. Maybe it could be used for U-air to catch someone falling, but then I'd rather use U-smash or side-B. ISJ is still a lousy ground approach since the second jump is higher then a short hop.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I used it against a CPU3 in an interesting fashion. GlideGlairMAJFairSJRFairSJRGlideGCFair. It was clunky but it worked.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I think this move makes people focus too much on executing it, but really, it's pointless without correct spacing. The two will be used in perfect unison once of every one hundred situations imo.

Spacing is far more important.

Top Bottom