• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
I would, too, as well. However I don't think that Ike's moveset would fit Isaac at all. Isaac seems like a much faster character to me, not to mention that his main form of attacking isn't a sword.
This is mostly true. However, Isaac and Ike could easily have this one same attack. I believe Ike's neutral b, where he stabs the ground and fire comes out. Isaac's attack could be adjusted to fit this, where maybe little earth spires come out instead of fire. Isaac could be a faster clone, like how Ganondorf was slower than Cap. It's a possibility, and I'd take it if it was the only way Isaac could be in, that's all I'm saying.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing Isaac's 3D model is going to look like his GBA Battle Model. Slightly shorter, legs apart, sword held to the side as opposed to forward. I think they'll stick to the style of his actual game in that sense, and his sword attacks will be a series of jerky forward lunges, with some Ness-like psychic pushes mixed in. I think they'll give him the psychic jump while they're at it, but not quite as high as the Mother characters, just because normal jumping doesn't really seem to suit him.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
I would be really confused if Isaac was an Ike clone. He is nothing at all like Ike, and to change Ike enough to fit what Isaac is, it would take as much work as simply creating an original character.

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
I can defenitely see Issac and Ike sharing the Eruption move, but changing it to spire. Replace Aether's sword with Flint and I can see a pretty cool Djinn attack.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
If it's the only way, then sure, I'll take it. But I honestly doubt that will happen. Ike may be a Lord, and his affinity may be earth-based, but they still seem quite different.

Ranger Critical = Wind Dijnn. :p

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
Actually we're comparing those two because Ike is the closest to Issac out of all the characters. It could be worse we could be talking about how they could make Issac a King Dedede clone.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
I've changed my opinion on Isaac and I really think he'd be a fun character to play as as long as he doesn't use a sword for most of his attacks.

I still hate golden sun though.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I'm glad. nd using his sword too much shouldn't happen, unless Sakurai wants him to. He has too many different psyenergy attacks he could use.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
I meant change Isaac to fit Ike. It could be done quite easily.

What I meant by what I said is that they would take the Ike model thing or whatever and adjust it and stuff to make Isaac. I'm simply saying it would take a lot of adjusting to turn Ike into Isaac so it wouldn't be a very good idea.

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
I absolutely loved the Golden Sun games and I would love for a representative to make in into Brawl. It would most likely be Isaac as he is the main hero of the game (Yes, Felix is in Lost Age, however, I think Isaac's considered the true hero of the tale). I think Isaac has great potential as a character with a varied moveset. He would use sword-play for close combat and Pynergy for ranged combat. His magical powers would be mapped to his B specials and his sword moves would be mapped to his A and Smash Attacks (maybe the Smash could be a variation instead). He could summon the power of Djinn and for his Final Smash he could summon one of the spectacular summons from the game (earth-based of course). He would be a great character and I've been hiping he would make the cut. Come on Isaac.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Plus, Isaac is an awsome potential character because of Psynergy, not sword skills.

As a FS, it could be Odyssey(same it hitbox as Link's FS): Raises his sword with both hands; 2 swords come shooting out of nowhere; he then dashes at the opponent with a single slash that sends them flying, with an image of a huge sword appearing.

Or Judgement.:ohwell: Still cool, and self-explainatory.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
I agree. Plus, Isaac is an awsome potential character because of Psynergy, not sword skills.

As a FS, it could be Odyssey(same it hitbox as Link's FS): Raises his sword with both hands; 2 swords come shooting out of nowhere; he then dashes at the opponent with a single slash that sends them flying, with an image of a huge sword appearing.

Or Judgement.:ohwell: Still cool, and self-explainatory.
Odyssey wouldn't be the final smash, it would be Judgement.

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
And instead of throwing Waddle Dees, he could throw Djinn!

GENIUS!
That was honestly hilarious. You are an official Kilroy Approved Comedian now.

Personally I think it would be awesome if Issac didn't have his sword at all and only used psy energy and djinn. The psyenergy hand would just float beside him and execute all the melee moves...Of course that's just dreaming way too big.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
Even people who hate the games want the character in! It can't get any awesomer than this! (until he's confirmed that is).

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
That was honestly hilarious. You are an official Kilroy Approved Comedian now.

Personally I think it would be awesome if Issac didn't have his sword at all and only used psy energy and djinn. The psyenergy hand would just float beside him and execute all the melee moves...Of course that's just dreaming way too big.
Isaac not using his sword would be like Link not using his sword
Doesn't compute/

Clumber

Smash Cadet
Thank you, thank you.

Anyway, I was wondering, if Isaac was in, there would bound to be a Golden Sun AT. My guess is Garret, who would use Eruption. Garret is Isaac's best friend and first party member. It makes sense that he would be an AT. Any other opinions?

I would rather see Alex. He could use that water pillar move thing that he uses on those soldiers in that one part...don't really remember when.
Or he could just use some awesome water move from Piers (like diamond berg) since he's such an awesome character.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why do people complain about sword users? Marth and Link have different styles.
The reason I think is that they hate characters like Marth and Roy and therefore overexaggerate the amount of sword fighters to make those few in the game look bad.

It seems to be a trend of ignorance. I just can't understand why everybody's saying it. There really aren't that many sword users announced in Brawl, and there wasn't that many in Melee either.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
The reason people say that is because the particular characters they want do not use swords, so they try to convince themselves that their character has increased chances due to the originality of them, not having a sword. Seriously, how many people that want a new sword user have ever said, "This character would be cool, but he uses a sword so..."

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Maybe Isaac could have an entire sword made of Psynergy, that floats alongside him near his hand, and he kind of attacks like any old sword user, only he's not actually holding it. Sounded much smarter in my head.

If he is in (Good chances IMO), I think he will be a medium speed swordsman - maybe with a fast sword kinda (Akin to Pit's or Roy's).

Zevox

Smash Lord
Thank you, thank you.

Anyway, I was wondering, if Isaac was in, there would bound to be a Golden Sun AT. My guess is Garret, who would use Eruption. Garret is Isaac's best friend and first party member. It makes sense that he would be an AT. Any other opinions?
I'd guess Felix. Being the star of the second game and a major character in the overall story does kind of recommend him for the position. Using Odyssey would be my first inclination, but of course there are other ways to work it.

A villain AT may be good too. Alex or Saturos & Menardi (as a single trophy) would be my guesses there, Alex using some sort of water psynergy (the water pillar he used at the start of Lost Age?), Saturos & Menardi standing back-to-back and lobbing fire psynergy, slashing anyone who gets too close with their sword and scythe.

Zevox

zagman505

Smash Cadet
while i'd love to see alex as a playable character, chances are that won't happen. so yeah i'd rather see him as an AT than any other party member. and i think the saturos and menardi idea could work too. really though, anything in golden sun could work as an AT. party members, enemy adepts, enemy monsters, etc etc etc.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Welcome back, Zevox, haven't seen you in a while.

Pretty much anything would make a good Assist for Golden Sun... Though I'd love to see Jenna as one, though not very likely.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Isaac not using his sword would be like Link not using his sword
Doesn't compute/
Unless he uses an axe. Though that is less likely, Isaac does use Axes. I'm not saying that is what I want (though I'm crossing my fingers for an Fire Emblem Axe user). I think Isaac would probably have the Gaia Sword or the generic sword in the official art.

But yeah, people need to stop bawwwing about swords. A whole lot of video game characters use swords, and so it is only sensible for that to be reflected in Brawl.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
Unless he uses an axe. Though that is less likely, Isaac does use Axes. I'm not saying that is what I want (though I'm crossing my fingers for an Fire Emblem Axe user). I think Isaac would probably have the Gaia Sword or the generic sword in the official art.

But yeah, people need to stop bawwwing about swords. A whole lot of video game characters use swords, and so it is only sensible for that to be reflected in Brawl.
Fire Emblem axe user- Hector? Unfortunately Ike ruins his chances...

I just can't really see Isaac in Brawl without his sword since I rarely ever had him with any other weopons in the games, and swords were some of the best weopons, so why would I?

Did anyone think that an item from Golden Sun could be one of those attack items you get, like oil drop or whatever? I can see djinn being a little weird as items or something so...yeah.

the master of legends

Smash Cadet
I'd really like to see Isaac in brawl. Oh, and I agree with Krell, people need to stop "bawwwing" about swords in the game. If you take away the character's sword you might as well take away the character.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Fire Emblem axe user- Hector? Unfortunately Ike ruins his chances...

I just can't really see Isaac in Brawl without his sword since I rarely ever had him with any other weopons in the games, and swords were some of the best weopons, so why would I?

Did anyone think that an item from Golden Sun could be one of those attack items you get, like oil drop or whatever? I can see djinn being a little weird as items or something so...yeah.
Hector would make my year. Or, really, anybody from a Fire Emblem we've gotten in the states. Ike made me extremely happy, and I expected him. I'd be happy with anyone from Micaiah to Athos.

Anyways, we only -think- Djinn would be a weird item, but I'm sure if Sakurai can make Pokemon Trainer work, he would think of something. Really, anything from Golden Sun outside of Isaac, a Stage, and Venus Lighthouse music are icing on the cake for all of us, I would say.

D

Deleted member

That's why spears, and by that logic Ephraim, = win.

I think anyone of the other six adept would make good ATs, and even somone like Posideon could show up and flood the field.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
That's why spears, and by that logic Ephraim, = win.

I think anyone of the other six adept would make good ATs, and even somone like Posideon could show up and flood the field.

I think it would be someone a lot more important to the series, but anything could happen. With all the psynergy and stuff in golden sun, the possibilities are limitless.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Welcome back, Zevox, haven't seen you in a while.
I've been around, I'm just limiting my participation a lot. The majority of the speculating and arguing has gotten stale to me, so I generally just look for the latest news and rumors about the game. You'll mostly see me in Chronobound's thread nowadays, since I find it convenient that he summarizes those regularly.

Clumber said:
Thats a pretty good idea. I could see Djinni being made items that you can use for one-use psynergy attacks or somesuch, or things like the nut and herb healing items being put among the miscellaneous food dropped from party balls for healing. Perhaps the Trident from Lost Age would make a nice temporary melee weapon, and it could be thrown like a javelin, crackling with electricity.

Zevox

Clumber

Smash Cadet
Or it could be like a three part item like the Dragoon (very, very unlikely) that does something really awesome, like sumon Poseidon (which is admitadly untrue to the Golden Sun series, but it would still be cool)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well guys, today's update has given me a little hope.

Another new franchise, Pikmin is now confirmed! What does this mean? Eh. nothing, really.

However, if you're a follower of the icon theory, right click on the icon and realize that Captain Olimar's icon is #22, and not the icon spot everyone expected.

Followers of it have always thought "Captain Olimar, Megaman, and Isaac are fighting for the spot." Well Captain Olimar wasn't.

I also very much doubt that if MegaMan's in he'd fit into that spot.

I'm not saying that Isaac is confirmed, I'm just saying... the icon theory doesn't work against us anymore! ^_^

zagman505

Smash Cadet
yeah, the icon theory is basically shot now. which is good, because going by the icon theory would have meant that golden sun would have had almost no chance. but with that out of the way, i don't see any reason for isaac to not make it...

Top Bottom