• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Definently not 30 pages, but what you must realize, is that pages are not limited to one update. They COULD fit in 3-4 updates a page for 5-10 pages.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
How can a magazine get 30 pages of information about brawl if the game isn't released. It will either be giving A LOT of information we already know, or A LOT of information we want kept secret :\.

For now I'm not believeing much in the CoroCoro magazine.
CoroCoro was they only magazine to exclusively reveal Pokemon D&P information before the game came out.(IIRC) So why couldn't they do that with SSBB?

Also you say "or a lot of information we want kept secret :/ ". I would ask you and everyone else to take responsibility for your actions, no one is forcing you to look at Brawl info...it's simply a matter of self-control.

-Knight

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Seriously people, quit complaining about information being revealed to us.

Knowing the full roster right this moment would be fantastic. I'm so sick of waiting to know if Isaac is in or not, and Sakurai just isn't saying a word. -_-

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Gahh nevermind. I never said that corocoro will not reveal any information period. I said that 30 pages is a ridiculous amount. They could have pages of updates we already know about, I never doubted that. I said that they will either have a lot of info we know about, or a lot of info we don't know about..

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
I reckon that if this CoroCoro magazine is planning to release the starting roster tomorrow (Japan's 15th), then we could be expecting a character update tonight. Who knows, maybe even the starter roster screen. The did show us the main menu and said they were discussing options yesterday, maybe they will show us what happens if you select group mode, showing us a roster screen? It would be cool.

At first I didn't want to know all the characters, but my need for Isaac has pushed me into it. I want to know all the characters, but I don't want to know how to get them, and I would rather find out the subspace emissary story for myself, rather than off the net or some magazine. I will control myself once I know whether Isaac is in or out though, so no biggie.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I reckon that if this CoroCoro magazine is planning to release the starting roster tomorrow (Japan's 15th), then we could be expecting a character update tonight. Who knows, maybe even the starter roster screen. The did show us the main menu and said they were discussing options yesterday, maybe they will show us what happens if you select group mode, showing us a roster screen? It would be cool.

At first I didn't want to know all the characters, but my need for Isaac has pushed me into it. I want to know all the characters, but I don't want to know how to get them, and I would rather find out the subspace emissary story for myself, rather than off the net or some magazine. I will control myself once I know whether Isaac is in or out though, so no biggie.

QFT

10charmanders

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Seriously people, quit complaining about information being revealed to us.

Knowing the full roster right this moment would be fantastic. I'm so sick of waiting to know if Isaac is in or not, and Sakurai just isn't saying a word. -_-
I agree. I'm actually getting tired of all the endless speculation.

courte

Smash Lord
3o pages

2 pages per character, 2 stages per page, three items per stage, 2 pages on subspace and etc.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I've also grown tired of all this speculation, so I decided to mess around with alternate costumes.

Felix costume, anyone? I always wanted to figure out what a Felix-styled costume would look like.

For reference: Isaac, Felix

I made a few more, too:
Green - (Felix costume without the hair change)
Red - (Mars adept?)
Blue - (Mercury adept?)
White - (Sheba-themed)
White2 - (Same as above, but with a different scarf color, since he looks odd with the purple scarf)

courte

Smash Lord
nice yes go for it...ok the last one was not a nessecity but you get my point

i really like these good job

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I've also grown tired of all this speculation, so I decided to mess around with alternate costumes.

Felix costume, anyone? I always wanted to figure out what a Felix-styled costume would look like.

I made a few more, too:
Red - (Mars adept?)
Blue - (Mercury adept?)
White - (Sheba-themed)
White2 - (Same as above, but with a different scarf color, since he looks odd with the purple scarf)
The Felix one is awesome!

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
I would really like to see Isaac's move set be varied between the different elements. One reason would be to show that Isaac isn't just a one trick pony and to show off Isaac's full potential. His Final Smash should be Catastrophe as it is one of the coolest summons in the game, and is attuned with one of his strongest class options.

@Arteen

Red Isaac is sexy!

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Isaac use a variety of Earth Psynergy from different classes. He should be portrayed like an Earth Adept, like he's supposed to be, but I don't want him to be limited to merely Slayer Class Psynergy.

Ragnarok, Skull Splitter, Punji, Briar, Stone Spire, Wild Growth, etc.

This way, he can represent his other potential classes, while still representing his element very well.

Oh and since Stafy's out of the picture, two of the last remaining symbols could very well belong to Golden Sun!

Wootzorz! Good news tonight!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I would really like to see Isaac's move set be varied between the different elements. One reason would be to show that Isaac isn't just a one trick pony and to show off Isaac's full potential. His Final Smash should be Catastrophe as it is one of the coolest summons in the game, and is attuned with one of his strongest class options.

@Arteen

Red Isaac is sexy!
Personally I would rather Issac stick with his standard elemental affinity: Earth (Venus). Issac incorporating all 4 elements into his moveset would just seem..out of place to me.

Anyone who had played GS and GS:TLA should have seen how varied Venus psynergy can be.

Tell me whole else on the Brawl roster can offer both a sword and Earth elemental moveset? No one but Issac. That in itself is very unique. If someone could tell me why Issac would be better off with a multi-elemental moveset vs a single elemental moveset I'll open my ears to them.

-Knight

Arteen

Smash Lord
It seems we got nothing new from CoroCoro, which is unfortunate. But on the other hand, it seems Sakurai's out of his "post the game manual" phase, so we might start seeing character updates again. Hopefully we do.

Thanks for the costume comments!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Those costumes are very well done, I like how they are themed on the other adept types.I'm kind of surprised how well the Felix colours work with Isaac, now I'll be miffed if it isn't an option should Isaac get in.

I also agree with Kirby Knight that Isaac would be better off sticking to Venus elemental Psynergy as opposed to being a mix of different elements. The earth element is the only element that isn't really represented in smash in terms of playable characters, so basing Isaac solely on earth psynergy helps him in the uniqueness factor. Plus it is really his default moveset, so it's sort of fitting in that respect.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
I was quite happy with today's updates. Two characters confirmed (assist trophies but hey, at least we're not reading the manual anymore) and one of which is Waluigi who was created by Camelot.

Granted Waluigi is part of the Mario universe while Isaac obviously isn't, but it's a nod in the right direction.

courte

Smash Lord
im gonna have to agree with kirby knight on this one: giving him any other type of elemental djinn would possibly be the equivalent of "deconfirming" god i hate that word-- other characters in a possible sequel, though i'm not arguing that it wouldn't be nice if he could set djinn as a special

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236

I made a few more, too:
Red - (Mars adept?)
Blue - (Mercury adept?)
White - (Sheba-themed)
Those are awesome, I'd definitly use the felix, blue and the white w/ red scarves :]

D

Deleted member

Felix has brown eyes. Sorry to be nitpicky, but I'm big on detail. Strangely, I think the Felix one looks very cool!

Now all I need to see is a Zamus costume for Felix. All is needed is some bleach and a blue cape :p.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Personally I would rather Issac stick with his standard elemental affinity: Earth (Venus). Issac incorporating all 4 elements into his moveset would just seem..out of place to me.

Anyone who had played GS and GS:TLA should have seen how varied Venus psynergy can be.

Tell me whole else on the Brawl roster can offer both a sword and Earth elemental moveset? No one but Issac. That in itself is very unique. If someone could tell me why Issac would be better off with a multi-elemental moveset vs a single elemental moveset I'll open my ears to them.

-Knight
I could say the same thing about Isaac having a single elemental move set vs. a multi-elemental move set. That part really comes down to preference. I'd like to see an elementally varied move set to show of what Isaac can do. You'd like to see a single elemental move set because you feel that Isaac should stick to his default.

Both are very good opinions and could make equally good move sets.

Arteen

Smash Lord

Better? ;) I never noticed that Felix had brown eyes, but you're right, he does.

Thanks for appreciating the costumes! It seems that it was a good idea to include both variations of the white costume. I wasn't sure which one looked better. I'm not sure what to do for a sixth costume, though. Anyway, I tried making a dark costume, but I don't think it turned out as well as the others, even if you give him creepy, bright-red eyes. I should probably try giving the outfit more color. If anyone else wants to mess around with costume colors, go ahead. I'd love to see what other possiblities people come up with.

I could say the same thing about Isaac having a single elemental move set vs. a multi-elemental move set. That part really comes down to preference. I'd like to see an elementally varied move set to show of what Isaac can do. You'd like to see a single elemental move set because you feel that Isaac should stick to his default.
Also, like courte said, giving him only one element would fascilitate the inclusion (as unlikely as it may be) of other Golden Sun characters in a possible sequel. So what if some of us (i.e. me) have an agenda in mind when we want Isaac to have a Venus-only moveset? ;)

Pheryz

Smash Rookie
I think it would be neat if you didnt so much play as Isaac as much as the whole team, you could press a button and switch with 1 of the other guys, who could stand in the bg, it could be a random team of 4 out of the 8 ppl for each battle consisting of 1 person of each elem.
Its not that farfecthed seeing as you could switch chars in GS:LA. It would allow for every 1 to get that char they want in and save room on the char slection screen. And with the pokemon trainer being able to switch out like that...
Think about it ur fighting as Isaac or some 1 else, you press w/e button is its to switch (maybe you could somehow choose who you switch with, like hold down and b and press L and R to move ur little GS like cursor over to the guy you want to be, cause that little white hand is cool) kinda like the trainer, but better cause its Golden Sun.
Each elem could have a different utiliy and also keep to thier personal types of psynergy (like how Garret and Jenna are both fire but have different abilities), water could be more healing, fire could be more burst attacks, air could be long-range and knock backs or w/e and earth could be sorta close range moves (again the moves could change a bit depending on who of what elem you get, i supposed it would only affect Mia, Piers, Jenna and Garret =S).
The normal moves or grabs could for some use the out of combat psynergy hand(s) to do stuff, like grab ('catch') a guy with the giant white hand and then use 'force' to punch him miles away =D . Of course they have thier own weapons too.
The smash orb attack could be a summon of the corisponding elem of the person who got it, Felix and Isaac could summon Judgement, Jenna and Garret could summon Metor, Mia/Piers - Bores (been a while since Ive played and forgot that guys spelling) and Ivan/Sheba - Thor.

Least thats my idea.
(I appologise if something like this has been posted I sorta just read the first few pages and jumped to the last 1 to post =S)

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord

-Knight
Definitely agree. Isaac would be more than unique enough with a sword plus Venus(earth) moveset.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Lol we all love that idea, but it's too much for him to work on. Besides of Isaac is in brawl he's most likely done by now.

Welcome to the thread :]

@Raph: It doesn't even need to be a sword, it can be an axe, mace, etc.

Pheryz

Smash Rookie
Thanks. Joined just for this. Ive had that idea for so long but I dont know to many ppl who play Golden Sun, so they wouldn't know what im talking about.
1 question where do you get those sig things that have the ssb chars on them?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Lol we all love that idea, but it's too much for him to work on. Besides of Isaac is in brawl he's most likely done by now.

Welcome to the thread :]

@Raph: It doesn't even need to be a sword, it can be an axe, mace, etc.
Issac wouldn't be using a axe or mace though....Swords are his most prominent weapon of choice in game and I would expect that to transfer over into Brawl.

-Knight

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
But it would be different. Besides there's too many swordusers in brawl already. If Isaac gets in don't you think he'll take that as an advantage?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I'm also glad Isaac avoided the AT deconfirmation attack today.
For some reason I had the bad feeling that I was going to keep scrolling down after Waluigi and see Isaac there as an AT, lol/

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
But it would be different. Besides there's too many swordusers in brawl already. If Isaac gets in don't you think he'll take that as an advantage?
To many sword users? I could see that as a good argument if every single sword user in Brawl was using the same sword-fighting style but that's not the case.

I ask you, have you ever played Golden Sun or GS:TLA? if so then you would know that Issac could have a well balanced mix between Earth psynergy and his sword abilities. He's the only sword user with this combinations and is unique, don't even deny it.

Why should Link have his most prominent weapon in Brawl? Wouldn't it make more sense to have him use one of his more unique items instead? -_-

Issac's most powerful weapon in game is his sword; every character that has a weapon is using their most powerful one so why should Issac not be allowed to do the same?

This "too many sword users" argument is dumb, shouldn't you be arguing that their are too many unarmed characters?

-Knight

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
To many sword users? I could see that as a good argument if every single sword user in Brawl was using the same sword-fighting style but that's not the case.

I ask you, have you ever played Golden Sun or GS:TLA? if so then you would know that Issac could have a well balanced mix between Earth psynergy and his sword abilities. He's the only sword user with this combinations and is unique, don't even deny it.

Why should Link have his most prominent weapon in Brawl? Wouldn't it make more sense to have him use one of his more unique items instead? -_-

Issac's most powerful weapon in game is his sword; every character that has a weapon is using their most powerful one so why should Issac not be allowed to do the same?

This "too many sword users" argument is dumb, shouldn't you be arguing that their are too many unarmed characters?

-Knight
Umm.. I don't think you understand. I'm all for Isaac in brawl. I own and have beaten both the games, and I'm just saying that it would be cooler to see a mace than another sword in the game :\.

Of course it's most likely that the sword will be in, but could you imagine yourself attacking others with a mace :]

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Umm.. I don't think you understand. I'm all for Isaac in brawl. I own and have beaten both the games, and I'm just saying that it would be cooler to see a mace than another sword in the game :\.

Of course it's most likely that the sword will be in, but could you imagine yourself attacking others with a mace :]
I don't imagine there'd be much difference. Maybe a more justified sweet spot and different sound effects but a mace probably wouldn't provide any non-aesthetic differences.

Top Bottom