• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
As I said in: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3765963&posted=1#post3765963

Chronobound, I sincerely did respect you and acknowledge you, and even voted you on the most intelligent user category. But that was until you started to believe those fake prophets. I mean, I always liked how you did everything in an objective way, never being biased. But now you are breaking from these logicals sketches to listen to a bunch of atention whores. You ruined it all.

I mean, why? There are so many reasons. In Smash 64 there were 12 characters; in Melee, 26. More than the double. And now, in a game which has been delayed twice, which has been in development for a looong time (remember that Melee was rushed, yet still had more than double the amount of characters), and which aims to be certainly monumental, it just doesn't make sense at all that there are only nine new characters. Not at all.

There's that icon theory, also, that seems pretty logical and proves false that roster.

Also, remember it's Sakurai we're talking about. He'll never dissapoint us so bad. He knows what we want, he has heard everything we had to say, and now he's letting us down.

So, FAIL. Big and epic FAIL. I seriously didn't expect that from you, Chrono.
So fear not.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
Not to mention that Dojo already updated 25 characters, 23 if you don't count ZSS or Shiek. Why would the update the vast majority of the characters. It would kind of spoil the fun if you had waited this long to get brawl, sat through 2 delays, and then only find 10 unlockable characters. It would make me die a little inside.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
forgive me if this has been mentioned but didn't I hear some music from Golden Sun on that one trailer?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, I fear our character has not made it in.

Apparently people have the game now. It's only a matter of time before we know the real thing. Here's hoping all reports so far are fake (especially that horrible 35 character roster!) and Isaac somehow makes it in.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
god i really hope that leaked roster is fake.

hey this is random, but are you a member of brawl central forums and narutofan forums by any chance, bassoonist?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
god i really hope that leaked roster is fake.
Me too. Fortunately no pictures have been shown... So it's really not believable at this point. We will have pictures soon, though. :(

hey this is random, but are you a member of brawl central forums and narutofan forums by any chance, bassoonist?
Yup. Don't even ask why I go to NarutoFan... I don't even like Naruto. I was just bored one day and joined it.:laugh:

zagman505

Smash Cadet
haha it's cool, narutofan forums is the forums that i'm most active on. no wonder i was seeing bassoonist sigs all over the place XD

the thing is, the pic we have of the starting roster does kind of correlate with the leaked roster. all the characters are in the right order, you just have to insert a few hidden characters into the right places on the starting roster pic to come up with the leaked roster.

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
ROB pretty much kills that list. Not to mention no Ridley or Krystal, by far the most wanted new characters from all ready represented franchises. Just wait, we're bound to get a dojo update soon about at least one of these characters.
I'm also pretty sure I read there's supposed to be three third party characters, right? I only see two.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to show some support...Krystal group feels the pain with you. We are on the same boat..
Let's hope at least one of us or Geno + Ridley get in..and R.O.B gets the boot >>...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Again with the negativity...
It's hard not to be right at the moment. By the way, you guys are welcome to talk about this in the offical Geno thread if you'd like. Currently, members of the Geno Alliance, the **** Staff, and RIDLEY are having a round table discussion about the current prediciment and how 90% of the character supporters here are on the verge of being royally screwed over.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
It's hard not to be right at the moment. By the way, you guys are welcome to talk about this in the offical Geno thread if you'd like. Currently, members of the Geno Alliance, the **** Staff, and RIDLEY are having a round table discussion about the current prediciment and how 90% of the character supporters here are on the verge of being royally screwed over.
But the thing is, what makes this roster more credible then the other crapolas? I keep asking why everyone's rolling over and starting to agree with it, and I don't get a **** answer.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
We don't agree with it, we just don't want to get out hopes up and be crushed. So we are taking it easy I guess you could say.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
i believe i read that these people have leaked true information about other games in the past, and have yet to be proved wrong on anything they've leaked about brawl, which is why people believe them as much as they do.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
i believe i read that these people have leaked true information about other games in the past, and have yet to be proved wrong on anything they've leaked about brawl, which is why people believe them as much as they do.
What makes people think they aren't all one person? Unless people have met and discussed with them in person I think they are all fake.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Whoo! Don't go there!

Isaac for tomorrow's update. Isaac for Brawl!
That would be the best thing ever.

I hate this whole "I have to wait until I know the final roster." to know whether Isaac is in or not. Just reveal him already, Sakurai!

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
He has been getting deconfirmed everywhere, but until I see it in the actual game, or on the Dojo, Isaac for Brawl!

By the way, don't forget to click my sig and vote for him in the character battle. :)

I'm really starting to lose hope for him though. This is not good... Ten days of constant worrying...

I know one of the leakers, Reno, who validates Markman, and I know sp0rsk, the guy who says that Reno and Markman are not "hoaxers". I couldn't tell you if Markman isn't sp0rsk, or Markman isn't Reno, but sp0rsk and Reno are verifiably not the same person.

And really, if the 35 character roster turned out true, so what? It's not as bad as you make it seem to be. People hated the Melee roster way more, because of Pichu, Dr. Mario, Young Link, and G&W. They hated it more when Ganondorf and Roy turned out to be just clones.

But really, look at this:

12 starting veterans versus ten starting veterans

Nine starting newcomers versus four starting newcomers

Eight veteran unlockables versus two veteran unlockables

Six hidden newcomers versus three hidden newcomers (excluding clones)

Take into account that four of those unlockable veterans will probably have original movesets from what they got in Brawl. In all intents and purposes, we only got 20 unique characters in Melee (including Sheik, excluding clones). This is an incredible boost, since Sakurai seems intent on making clones from Melee unique (or excluding them altogether).

Oh, and that is such negativity. We haven't seen so much as an Adventures of Lolo sticker, but that doesn't mean that they don't have as much as an AT. It's really surprising how hard spirits can fall - just because he's not a PC doesn't mean you should turn around, pick up the alcohol, and pour it on Isaac's grave. He could be an AT, trophy, or a sticker. But he's definitely going to appear in some way.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
No sticker, no trophy, no AT, and no character.

There's not a slightest hint of any GS inclusion in Brawl.

...Why???
That's exactly what bothers me. And that's exactly why I think he's going to be in. I mean, there was no clue of anything regarding Olimar until he was revealed as a PC.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly what bothers me. And that's exactly why I think he's going to be in. I mean, there was no clue of anything regarding Olimar until he was revealed as a PC.
Thank Sakurai for someone positive! But... we did see Bulborb trophy for Pikmin before we saw Olimar right? If Isaac wasn't in, we'd at least have seen a trophy, sticker, AT, music or hell, a stage by now.

Isaac's the best kept secret in Brawl. :D

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
Isaac is the person I want in more than anybody. He's number one in my Top 5. I think he's got great chances having 2 games for the GBA, that honestly rocked. Isaac would fit in perfectly, and it's not like it'll be hard to turn him to 3D. They took Ice Climbers from the NES, and Isaac already has lots of detailed full-body art. He'd have a great moveset combining Psynergy and sword attacks. And since swords are one of, if not the most common from of weapon in video games (besides guns, which Sakurai has said he doesn't want), then I don't think there should be a 'limit' on sword-users. I mean, why not put him in? He's not 3rd party, so they could just take him and put him in. I see no reason why they should'nt add him. He's awesome, even more so than cookies! :O

That is completely random math...

There are only 35 characters. And you should be grateful - in all intents and purposes, we're getting 39 different movesets, while Melee only got 20 different movesets.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to

There are only 35 characters. And you should be grateful - in all intents and purposes, we're getting 39 different movesets, while Melee only got 20 different movesets.
That is not random math. Original SSB, 12 characters. SSBM, 24 characters. SSBB, 48 characters. 35 is just awful.

So you don't care that we only got eight brand new characters in the last Melee, versus 16 in Brawl? Not even counting the fact that Ness, Ganondorf, Luigi, and Falco will probably have new movesets.

And your math is random, based on the fact that "doubling the roster" is not how it's set up.

The actual roster in Melee was 20, plus six characters that may as well be Alt. Costumes with some modifications. That's only eight more than in SSB. Brawl has 39 different characters, meaning that we got 19 more original characters than we did in Melee. And if you count the fact that Ganondorf, Falco, Ness, and Luigi will almost definitely be different, that's 23 "new" characters.

Honestly, what makes this roster reveal worse than SSBM's? Hmm?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Okay, this topic is about the awesomeness that Isaac is and how much he should be playable in Brawl... Not that horrific 35 character roster or how many characters there actually will be in this game...

I really hope he makes it in... Just seeing him in 3D would be so awesome. (I know, I've said it so many times. XD)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
FFS, it's considerably better than Melee's roster. Why don't you go say how much Melee sucks because of it?
Because Melee was made six years ago.

Besides the character choices for this one are awful! Why R.O.B? He's such a terrible idea for a "WTF" character and why would he be put in over all of the highly requested characters (Geno, Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, etc.)

It's just not right.

Oh well, the horrible roster is not real. Lets get over it and go back to Isaac, please.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman

**** you moron. The 35 character roster was proven fake ages ago, and was already a steaming pile of **** to boot. You need to stop bagging on people's support threads, and let us stay obliviously bliss until the game comes out, and Isaac is or is not in. Until then, shut your ****ing mouth.

Isaac for Brawl! Who cares what any naysayer says!

"Besides the character choices for this one are awful! Why Game & Watch? He's such a terrible idea for a "WTF" character and why would he be put in over all of the other highly requested characters (Wario, Diddy Kong, Ridley, Meta Knight, etc.)

It's just not right.

Oh well, the horrible roster is not real. Lets get over it and go back to Meta Knight, please."

Oh, and would you please stop stating crap? The 35 character roster was false. However, the 35 character roster is not. If it's false, then I'll own up to it. Best thing about that is that I know I'll never have to own up to it.

Top Bottom