• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
If was a pleasure comments here with you! With only 5 DLC characters I feel really imposible that Isaac makes it as a newcomer, but who know!!!

Team Isaac forever

Sentinel07

Smash Apprentice
I will be honest, this direct harmed my opinion of Sakurai.

Not only does it feel like he failed (once again) to provide better single player content, but waiting this long to show off one of the higher vote getters as an assist trophy feels like a slap to the face.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Not gonna regret believing in the Grinch Leak for what it represented. Looks like Sakurai could not find a way to make these characters work:
  • Spring Man
  • Ribbon Girl
  • Shadow
  • Shantae
  • Lip
  • Custom Robo
  • Black Knight
  • Isaac
And hey, you can get Piranha Plant for a limited time offer. P.S. Off to congratulate the supporters of Piranha Plant.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Man, im so sorry sakurai did you guys dirty like that. Both the genobros and isaacbros are like brothers in arms, so i can only hope isaac makes it to the fight next time.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
Ouch.
That hurts a lot but I was prepared for this, now those DLC chars are already decided.
I wonder who they are, my guess is VGA is gonna have a reveal or something.
World of Light looks pretty epic and of course Kirby is gonna be the hero.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here's my take. Isaac being a fighter was always a long shot. What's more, they said that fighters were planned before development, so all the rallying after the reveal was useless. But I doubt this is the last Smash game. The next one may not be created by Sakurai, but they know our demand. Plus, the important thing isn't Smash to me. We have the attention of the developers now. A new game is in the works, I'm certain of it.

Let's get popular enough to be in the next one, okay?
Man I REALLY need a piece of that optimism but I really am starting to believe we are just too damned niche to be worth anything at this point. Call me pessimistic, salty, or whatever I don't even care.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros:

EVERYONE'S DECONFIRMED!

Rex? No.
Isaac? No.
Chibi Robo? No.
Spring Man? No.
Shantae? No.
Tiki? No.
Black Knight? No.
Geno? Probably back as a Mii costume, judging by what Sakurai said.

All three of you who wanted Piranha Plant? Wait? No-one wanted Piranha Plant? Huh...

Kirby characters save the day again? Check.

Hype? Reduced by roughly 75%.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Spirits somehow made me feel actually glad Isaac got an assist. And that's insane they managed to do that by comparison. They pretty much killed everyone with Spirits. Rex got a freaking Mii skin and Spring Man was a fellow assist.

This was legitimately the biggest massacre of all time.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I... I don’t know how to feel right now.

Box Theory was right.

Vergeben was right.

... it... hurts... I’m not even happy Isaac’s an AT. It means he can’t be DLC. He’ll be stuck in AT limbo until the next Smash game. But by then it’ll be far too late unless Nintendo decides to revive Golden Sun...

Ugh...

Well... It was a good run, Adepts. We did our best. We can campaign for either Felix or Mathew, but my heart won’t be in it. And judging by what they said in the Direct, they already have the roadmap for DLC planned. So nothing we say will matter at this time...

Damn...

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Like, the amount of characters that were deconfirmed today was astonishing...so much character potential down the drain.

But don’t worry, we have a Piranha Plant...theres over 300 people here watching is breakdown. Its fine...we’re used to it

KoopaDasher

Smash Rookie
Here's the thing... the art render for Ken is the one that was in the leak. So someone had that art piece, all the other character art pieces, and faked all the others. Some sort of horrible true insider made that Grinch leak.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
You know...I’m not gonna come up here and rage out or anything like that. Most of us have been through a decade of disappointment when it comes to Isaac. In all honesty I probably wouldn’t even be able to put my disappointment into words...

When the Pirahna Plant from Mario gets priority to be playable over your favorite character...it’s time to throw in the towel!

I’ve truly enjoyed spending the last few months with you all. Unfortunately all our campaigning ended up meaning nothing which sucks. I just ask everyone to not allow this thread to devolve into hate. I understand most are probably as irritated as I am right now but that kind of response won’t get us anywhere and will just makes us all look bad.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
If Isaac doing well on the ballot, having a vocal support, and being the main character of his franchise only got him to assist trophy, then I don't think any support is going to make Felix or Matthew DLC or in the next Smash game.
Don't lose to negativity.
As they said, they couldn't include characters from games that came out during developpement etc. And they haven't started on DLC devellopment yet.
Guess what happened during the past few months ?
This.
This thread.
The biggest support thread of the whole website.
Tons of fanart.
Tons of leak saying he was in.
Isaac has never been more "relevant".
If we want a shot at DLC we have to manifest now and never stop, show that the character is highly requested, hence would sell well.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac was all I wanted, so this is where my journey ends. No Smash Ultimate for me.

For those sticking with it, I hope you enjoy the game.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Coming over from the Shantae thread to say I am so sorry for you guys. I feel that y'all campaigned harder than us for what? An assist trophy?!

What I would suggest doing is starting the campaign for the next game early. It may not matter much now, but it should help later.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Mmm.... Never thought I could feel disappointment in being wrong. That is until Piranha Plant got confirmed. I'm legitimately speechless.....

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Welp. Another Smash game, another round of heartbreak. It was a pleasure riding this roller coaster with all of you, my friends. See you again for Smash 6.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
lets face it nintendo does not give two ****s about golden sun. "oh fans want isaac? k he's an AT, now what people really want is a plant! everyone loves piranha plants!"

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Don’t get me wrong, Im still gonna preorder the game, but this is definitely a huge letdown.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I just feel so... ****ty.

I was really hoping. Hoping for something that I could say "Hey at least this good thing happened for me." But no... just bad news after bad news. Why couldn't they just have shown his Assist earlier? That was so cruel. To keep us waiting for so long for that. Then to take away even the chance for DLC

D

Deleted member

Jezum Crow... all the makings of a great game... and we get a Piranha Plant.

Staarih

Smash Master
This is definitely heartbreaking, DLC doesn't seem too likely of an option either because of Isaac's role as an AT. At least his model looks nice.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Coming over from the Shantae thread to say I am so sorry for you guys. I feel that y'all campaigned harder than us for what? An assist trophy?!

What I would suggest doing is starting the campaign for the next game early. It may not matter much now, but it should help later.
I'm very sad about Shantae too. I hoped she'd at least made it into an assist too, she would have been great with all her support abilities.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
So who was deconfirmed? We have

Isaac *sob*
Geno
Shadow
Rex / Pyra
A lot of Non modern FE characters
Dixie
Springman
Lip

What about Mach Rider, Geno, Chorus Kids, and Banjo? Did they have any content?

Huanchi

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Sakurai thinks Felix or Mathew deserving it more? Maybe there is golden sun 4..

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
You know I'm not even that disappointed, no one won after all.
We gotta stick together and ask for our bois

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi guys,

I am very sorry about your loss for Isaac, as my heart for Shadow The Hedgehog got crushed (thank god no sign of Rayman nor Dixie being disconfirmed and DLC on the way). Again my condolescence. I feel very sorry about it. :(

ZelDan

Smash Master
Spirits somehow made me feel actually glad Isaac got an assist. And that's insane they managed to do that by comparison. They pretty much killed everyone with Spirits. Rex got a freaking Mii skin and Spring Man was a fellow assist.

This was legitimately the biggest massacre of all time.
I wonder if being a spirit is a deconfirm, becuase if it is, I actually kinda of agree with the first sentence. Atleast Isaac got to be more than a png lol

Top Bottom