• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ferioku

Smash Ace
Oh ffs a troll character? you're being serious?????????????

PIRANHA PLANT??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You've got to be kidding me. You have to be. Pirahna Plant developed as a playable character instead of Isaac?

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
Well guys we had a great run. We have to wait a little more and let our feelings settle... We have to be more vocal, at least whoever that wants to keep on board. This has been a great blow so... It is understandable to feel disappointed

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Piranha Plant is in but Isaac not? A plant has a better move set than Isaac?

Yeah right Sakurai, sorry but this is the worst...

But he is free so meh I guess, a cheap fighter then...

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Are you kidding me? Pirahna plan is a newcomer and not Isaac? Im so angry now

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I honestly don't want the game now.

I just have no hype whatsoever, it's totally dead.

Don't care if anyone thinks it's petty.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
PIRANHA PLANT
before Isaac...This legit feels like the biggest slap in the face.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, what gets me the most isn't Isaac's absence.

It's them waiting so long before deconfirming him and teasing him not once, but twice.

That's just malicious business practices, and I will be damned if I support that. Guess I'll leave my Switch to gather dust.

NukeA6

Smash Master
You all have my sympathy. I've never played Golden Sun but I've always hoped Isaac will make it. I hope Felix makes it in just so you guys can have a Golden Sun rep.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Those DLC characters are all definitly already set in stone already, but I'll keep asking for a Golden Sun rep anyway, only harder this time.

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
And... There. Preorder canceled. I can't believe Smash Bros. Ultimate convinced me to take a chance and spend my money on Fallout 76.

It's even worse knowing that when The Game Awards come around, I was going to vote for Smash Ultimate as the Game of The Year. I'm certain now that I'm giving that vote to God of War (2018).

[ Piranha Plant is announced as a new fighter ]

Yep... Looks like God of War has become my Game of The Year.

I know we're not supposed to be angry, but how can you not be upset? 10 years, an entire decade of waiting, only to have my dreams crushed again.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace
We just have to get behind Felix or Matthew and push for DLC before they start developping them.
I won't get the game before all dlcs are announced.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So... that happened.

Rally for DLC?

But... there’s not going to be a second ballot is there? The 5 DLC characters are set in stone by now...

Damn

Eagle

Smash Lord
I was beyond disappointed with Isaac's AT reveal, but good GOD that DLC character is the biggest slap in the face to ****ing EVERYONE. What an absolute joke.

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
Alright, here's my take. Isaac being a fighter was always a long shot. What's more, they said that fighters were planned before development, so all the rallying after the reveal was useless. But I doubt this is the last Smash game. The next one may not be created by Sakurai, but they know our demand. Plus, the important thing isn't Smash to me. We have the attention of the developers now. A new game is in the works, I'm certain of it.

Let's get popular enough to be in the next one, okay?

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
That was crushing but at least they confirmed Ken and Incineroar (sigh) were the last fighters before showing the ATs.

And it seems like they already know who the 5 DLC characters will be. With Isaac being an AT I doubt he can make the jump...

But we should still keep supporting Golden Sun! We have Felix, Matthew, and adult Isaac to rally behind! We need to flood Nintendo with requests for a Golden Sun fighter, and we need to start today! It may be for nothing in the end but we have to try.

StoicSeraph

Smash Rookie
The sadness I feel right now! Zero was an assist trophy, Waluigi is sadly still one, and now Isaac!!!! It seems like he's doomed to suffer the wretched fate of being an assist trophy! Isaac wasn't in the last Smash iteration at all, so I had hoped somehow he was being planned for the future title! What a let down~ ;^;

ProperlyBasic

Smash Rookie
We just have to get behind Felix or Matthew and push for DLC before they start developping them.
I won't get the game before all dlcs are announced.
If Isaac doing well on the ballot, having a vocal support, and being the main character of his franchise only got him to assist trophy, then I don't think any support is going to make Felix or Matthew DLC or in the next Smash game.

Top Bottom