• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Hey people, after checking the released DLC stages song (except Miiverse), all of them comes with 5-6 songs each. So, if Isaac is revealed playable and comes with a GS stage, what 5-6 song you do think they will choose to come with the stage?

These are my Picks (Thinking Venus Lighthouse as the choosen stage)

(Remix) Battle Theme (Golden Sun)
(Remix) Saturos Theme (Golden Sun)
(Original) Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
(Original) World Map B (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
(Original) Fight of Sons (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)
(Original) Sand Prince/Mountain Roc (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)

What do you think?, :p
I never played DD so idk any of those. From the originals, the songs you listed are pretty much what I would like, too.

D

Deleted member

I would prefer if Venus Lighthouse was rearranged.

I would also repleace World Map B with Marching Foward with Determination:

AND NOW WE GO TO KYOUJI'S COMICS:

Surely the Wise One could’ve just floated down and teleported the Mars Star back up? Bamfing a magical billiard ball to a different location in the same room can’t be harder than bamfing two teenage boys completely out of said room.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/08/0...-for-the-us-includes-golden-sun-the-lost-age/

I find this part interesting:

"All throughout August, classic games for hard-core gamers are coming to the Virtual Console on Wii U, starting with these Game Boy AdvanceRPGs:"

So, they're doing some major classic games for hard-core gamers throughout August, and they started with Golden Sun: The Lost Age. That's pretty cool. Granted, I've never HEARD of Onimusha Tactics...

Anyway, I'm kinda hoping they do some more SNES titles. Lufia and Lufia 2 would both fit very well in this listing, and The Legend Returns is on the 3DS eShop... Maybe we could see Dark Dawn as well pop up, though that's not so much of a "classic," so I'd think that would come later in fall or early next year instead.

I feel like maybe this will be for NES, GB, SNES, and GBA for the most part, as that fits being more "classic."

D

Deleted member

Actually it's the same song, but BrawlBRSTMs gave it the name i mentioned instead (i didn't know the real name of the song btw)
Whoops, sorry about that.

Anyway:

I would say or quote something here, but i can't come up with anything.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Anyway, I'm kinda hoping they do some more SNES titles. Lufia and Lufia 2 would both fit very well in this listing, and The Legend Returns is on the 3DS eShop... Maybe we could see Dark Dawn as well pop up, though that's not so much of a "classic," so I'd think that would come later in fall or early next year instead.
Yeah...Maybe we could get Super Mario RPG as well, considering it just came out for japanese e-shop days ago.

And of course, i want Dark Dawn to come to the VC to finally play it. Speaking of Dark Dawn, this theme just can't get off my head, XD

Starless

Smash Cadet
Whoops, sorry about that.

Anyway:

I would say or quote something here, but i can't come up with anything.
Either Isaac is tormenting Felix out of spite (it's not that they're in real good terms in the games anyway) or Felix cannot cry for help because he's already the protagonist by the time Isaac reaches the well.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
We must spread our Word.

We should raid the Robin Social and Zelda Social Threads.

We'd start by making posts with Support Isaac paraphernalia (posters, banners, pictures) and spam one of the threads (only one raid at a time, lest we draw the attention of the mods). Then we stay and chill out for an hour or so.

And if you're worried about the threads calling the mods on us, don't. Trust me, both threads are open to this sort of thing. They'll probably raid us in return.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah...Maybe we could get Super Mario RPG as well, considering it just came out for japanese e-shop days ago.
Wait wait wait, what?!

That's pretty huge news. That game has been dead silent on rereleases and ports for years. When did this happen?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I can't believe they add Golden Sun: The Lost Age in Virtual console. I gonna be honest, I though they forget about Golden Sun entire.

I replay the First Golden Sun game AGAIN because still damn good. After all, I gonna get the sequel. I need NOW!?

Not matter I go, is there a vote for a character, Isaac is my Biggest Priority, ever. I still really want Isaac.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Got around to start playing TLA again now that I've downloaded it...and by playing, I mean inserting the 9001 character-long password from the first game -_-. Oh well, as my 5th favorite game, I'll be sure to enjoy myself when I get back into it!

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Dropping by to give my support as a new member. Issac defintley deserves to be in Smash. His series is gonna reach legacy status soon, and he has a lot of potentially really cool moves and his series isn't represented yet. If Kid Icarus can have 3 characters with 3 installments, why can't Golden Sun have 1?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Dropping by to give my support as a new member. Issac defintley deserves to be in Smash. His series is gonna reach legacy status soon, and he has a lot of potentially really cool moves and his series isn't represented yet. If Kid Icarus can have 3 characters with 3 installments, why can't Golden Sun have 1?
Well, to be fair, Dark Pit was tacked on at the last minute to make the roster look bigger.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so hanging around the nintendozone on smashboards has gotten me pretty discouraged since a lot of people there believe isaac has no chance. the best he has is a costume. i don't about you guys but even with the lost age being out now, i don't think it means anything for isaac...

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Hey people, after checking the released DLC stages song (except Miiverse), all of them comes with 5-6 songs each. So, if Isaac is revealed playable and comes with a GS stage, what 5-6 song you do think they will choose to come with the stage?

These are my Picks (Thinking Venus Lighthouse as the choosen stage)

(Remix) Battle Theme (Golden Sun)
(Remix) Saturos Theme (Golden Sun)
(Original) Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
(Original) World Map B (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
(Original) Fight of Sons (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)
(Original) Sand Prince/Mountain Roc (Golden Sun: Dark Dawn)

What do you think?, :p
I think those are awesome suggestions, but apart from one of them have...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
so hanging around the nintendozone on smashboards has gotten me pretty discouraged since a lot of people there believe isaac has no chance. the best he has is a costume. i don't about you guys but even with the lost age being out now, i don't think it means anything for isaac...
I've given up on the NintenZone Social thread myself. I'd rather stay optimistic about the characters I want than be discouraged by those who think that they're out for good. True, I glance back to see what's the haps and like some things that amuse me, but that's all. I'm finished there when it comes to arguing characters that I like.

On the topic of Isaac, it's feasible that he might get a costume (Then I'll Create IsaInK.Rool, since they've made all my most wanted as Miis... :\), but I don't think that will be the end of him. It might boost his popularity a little bit when new some new Golden Sun players play the games for the first time, so I think maybe at most a little spike in popularity in the votes. The Smashified might also bring his popularity up, (If they ever do release it) but I imagine Isaac will still be a close contender in the ballot for characters like King K. Rool. That's just my thoughts.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
At the moment, I'm trying my hand at a new Isaac moveset. I'm trying to keep the amount of swordplay to a minimum, but what sword do you think Isaac should use - a generic sword, the Gaia Blade or the Sol Blade?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay Isaac fans...

Here's a challenge.

The stage is....

Vale.

What music would you put in?

Limited to eight tracks.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Howdy Isaac fans, I plan to do a 1st/2nd party smash ballot comic on miiverse and I'm making Isaac a main character along with Krystal and Dixie and a few others. I don't own a game he's in or know much about him but the support video on the 1st page was enough to get moveset ideas. But I was curious , what is his personality like? I need to know so I can develop him properly in the comic. :) also what was the objective in his game? O.o

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Howdy Isaac fans, I plan to do a 1st/2nd party smash ballot comic on miiverse and I'm making Isaac a main character along with Krystal and Dixie and a few others. I don't own a game he's in or know much about him but the support video on the 1st page was enough to get moveset ideas. But I was curious , what is his personality like? I need to know so I can develop him properly in the comic. :) also what was the objective in his game? O.o
Heyo Krayon!

To start off, Isaac's personality is a little bit on the quiet side, being the player's avatar in Golden Sun, so he doesn't have a lot of spoken dialogue in the original Golden Sun, only relying on the 'yes-no' response such as 'Think we should help him out?' I imagine that he gets more character development in The Lost Age, where he gets a speaking role and Felix becomes speechless this time around. However, I imagine Isaac as one who's able to make the best choices for his friends and others, and I can see him standing up for the people he cares about, such as Garet and Jenna.

As for Isaac's goal, it's loosely this - Isaac embarks on his journey after Saturos, Menardi and Felix (who's thought to be dead) steal the Four Elemental Stars, which when activated at their respective Lighthouses (Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Mars) will unleash the power of Alchemy back into the world of Weyard. Initially, he's trying to stop Felix from reactivating the lighthouses, but from The Lost Age onwards, they have to bring Alchemy back to Weyard by activating the Lighthouses. That's just a little toe-dip into the pool of Golden Sun's story. Hopefully that's enough for you to develop the comics!

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Heyo Krayon!

To start off, Isaac's personality is a little bit on the quiet side, being the player's avatar in Golden Sun, so he doesn't have a lot of spoken dialogue in the original Golden Sun, only relying on the 'yes-no' response such as 'Think we should help him out?' I imagine that he gets more character development in The Lost Age, where he gets a speaking role and Felix becomes speechless this time around. However, I imagine Isaac as one who's able to make the best choices for his friends and others, and I can see him standing up for the people he cares about, such as Garet and Jenna.

As for Isaac's goal, it's loosely this - Isaac embarks on his journey after Saturos, Menardi and Felix (who's thought to be dead) steal the Four Elemental Stars, which when activated at their respective Lighthouses (Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Mars) will unleash the power of Alchemy back into the world of Weyard. Initially, he's trying to stop Felix from reactivating the lighthouses, but from The Lost Age onwards, they have to bring Alchemy back to Weyard by activating the Lighthouses. That's just a little toe-dip into the pool of Golden Sun's story. Hopefully that's enough for you to develop the comics!
Wow thank you so much!! -^w^- I have a perfect idea of how he'll play in the comic. I'll be sure to credit you when I introduce him in the comic. :D I thought it'd be cool for him to be wandering around on his adventure like he would in the plot of his game but to be interrupted by a random attack by say, King k roll for example or bump into Sceptile or something . xD but this helped alot thanks again ;)

My objective for this comic is for each character to show their full potential as a fighter because every ballot candidate can be quickly labeled as a "clone" if you know nothing about them. I thought tthis would ne a fun way for helping each character show off who they are and why they are deserving. while also hinting at thier background for inside jokes for fans of the character xD

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Okay Isaac fans...

Here's a challenge.

The stage is....

Vale.

What music would you put in?

Limited to eight tracks.
Ok here are mine-
Vale theme
Isaac battle theme
Satorus battle theme
Sailing through karagol sea(think thats the name)
Walking forward with determination
Venus Lighthouse
Jenna battle theme
Mars Lighthouse
I haven't played Dark Dawn so that's why there is songs from that game.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Sailing Through Karagol Sea was pretty hype when it accompanied the pre-release Dark Dawn trailers. Too bad the track itself was not included within the game, though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've given up on the NintenZone Social thread myself. I'd rather stay optimistic about the characters I want than be discouraged by those who think that they're out for good. True, I glance back to see what's the haps and like some things that amuse me, but that's all. I'm finished there when it comes to arguing characters that I like.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish something could be done about the general pessimism in that thread...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

On the topic of Isaac, it's feasible that he might get a costume (Then I'll Create IsaInK.Rool, since they've made all my most wanted as Miis... :\), but I don't think that will be the end of him. It might boost his popularity a little bit when new some new Golden Sun players play the games for the first time, so I think maybe at most a little spike in popularity in the votes. The Smashified might also bring his popularity up, (If they ever do release it) but I imagine Isaac will still be a close contender in the ballot for characters like King K. Rool. That's just my thoughts.
We didn't say he had no chance just a low probability, it's not to discourage you guys. :)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well I just got Lost Age now. I'll see about when I'll actually be playing it, not sure yet.

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
At the moment, I'm trying my hand at a new Isaac moveset. I'm trying to keep the amount of swordplay to a minimum, but what sword do you think Isaac should use - a generic sword, the Gaia Blade or the Sol Blade?
My opinion is that if we get Golden Sun representation in the form of a fighter, that fighter should be as capable as he/she is in Golden Sun, just toned down to give everyone else a chance. :p This necessitates the Sol Blade over every other weapon, and it also means that the Sol Blade's unleashes -- at least its first and primary one, Megiddo -- need to be present in some capacity.

My moveset turned Megiddo into Isaac's up special, both because the unleash includes him leaping high into the air and because a high-level summon needs to be his Final Smash. The only problem I run into with Megiddo as the up special is that the giant ball of flaming whatever needs to make an appearance, and that that might be too powerful for this move. However, it could be mitigated in two ways: first, there should be a significant "lag" between the apex of Isaac's leap and when he bats the ball downward, as is shown in The Lost Age (making the move more suitable as a recovery from beneath the stage); and second, the ball's size can be reduced, reflecting the general idea that Isaac needs to be toned down if he's to fight the rest of the Smash cast. Note that its negligible horizontal coverage necessitates a second recovery move. A Psynergy in the Spire series would work well in the air for that, materializing spires beneath Isaac's feet that he could use as stepping stones back to the stage. I'm sure there are other suitable candidates for a secondary recovery move, though.

Last edited:

littl-myth

Smash Rookie
I made this account and it's been gathering dust. I've been sitting on the side-lines, a very quiet fan I am.

Hello all! Another fan of the series. The games hold a place at the top at all times, it feels nothing will replace the magic of Weyard. I have been a fan for about 11 years now, one of my first games for the GBA I got for my birthday. My first was Golden Sun: The Broken Seal, then after years and years. Dark Dawn, I just received my copy of The Lost Age in the post today after years of searching for a legit boxed one. I am familiar with Lost Age's story so I know most parts. Just need to make a fresh completed file so I can transfer.

It would be great to see Isaac in Smash, I actually got excited when he does make an Assist Trophy appearance back in Brawl. Seeing him in full action would be amazing, he does indeed have a wide range of move-sets that can be used. A lot not requiring his sword much. I placed my vote and got others to vote for him too. The sun shall rise again!

Sign me up on the supporters list! Many thanks!

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
After watching the video, linked by someone multiple posts up, of Isaac in Super Smash Flash 2, I have to say that I'm becoming fond of the extensive use of hand Psynergy. However, I still think it would be better suited to grabs only, to make more room for other Psynergy. But if Isaac does get into Smash, I'd take him either way!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
After watching the video, linked by someone multiple posts up, of Isaac in Super Smash Flash 2, I have to say that I'm becoming fond of the extensive use of hand Psynergy. However, I still think it would be better suited to grabs only, to make more room for other Psynergy. But if Isaac does get into Smash, I'd take him either way!
One of the nice things about Hand Psynergy sets is that they are truly unique. Being utility Psynergy, they work as they did in Brawl: pushing and manipulating opponents' positions, but not doing damage.

This is a unique gimmick that would fit in very well with the themes of other Smash 4 newcomers, and is one of the reasons why Move is among my favorite choices for neutral or forward Special moves for Isaac.

Last edited:
Top Bottom