• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

D

Deleted member

Things that will happen BEFORE Artsy smashifies Isaac:
-Wolf, K.Rool, and ISAAC are confirmed.
-The Lost Age is released on the VC on USA.
-King K. Rool returns to DKC.
-The Nintendo NX is released.
-Chronobound finishes his post-mortem on Roy's confirmation.
-Capcom makes another Mega Man game.
-The Incredibles 2 is released.
-Diamond Is Unbreakable gets it's Animated adaptation.
-Pokemon Adventures gets it's Animated adaptation as well.
-Caddicarus makes a retrospective about Spyro.
-Half Life 3 is confimed.
-Shiek gets nerfed.
-FNAF 5,6 and 7 are released.
-Customs will be legal.
-Pokemon Gen 4 remakes are confirmed.
-Splatoon gets Squidward DLC.
-Pokken Tournament gets a home console port.
-I will have a Girlfriend.
***KING CALLED IT

Now can mean one thing, Sinnoh Remakes, SplatoonXSquidward DLC and Half Life 3 confirmed! (im joking btw).

Let's post another comic:

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Happy for you guys to finally get TLA on the VC. Even Australia got it 6 mouths ago, so on Nintendo's part this is ridiculous.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
***KING CALLED IT

Now can mean one thing, Sinnoh Remakes, SplatoonXSquidward DLC and Half Life 3 confirmed! (im joking btw).

Let's post another comic:
Technically it hasn't been officially announced yet, so we don't actually know when its releasing. Odds are its releasing soon, though.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Um, guys? Forgive me for asking, and by extension, probably being, Oh, so late on this, but...The Lost Age was NEVER released in NA? (Possibly until now, of course.)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Um, guys? Forgive me for asking, and by extension, probably being, Oh, so late on this, but...The Lost Age was NEVER released in NA? (Possibly until now, of course.)
Its been brought up quite a bit in the past. No, it hasn't been released until now in NA. Just like the DKC and DKL trilogy, it took forever for Lost Age to come out in NA... but at least its finally about ready to come out.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
No no, The Lost Age was released in NA and Europe too, in 2002. It's just that, for the Virtual Console, only NA lacked The Lost Age until now.

Edit: Haha, :4greninja:'d by @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman :teeth:

Last edited:

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
As soon as I find out my living situation I am going to be buying both golden sun games and replaying them. I loved both games and how they actually interacted with each other. but ya super hyped for this. :)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Its been brought up quite a bit in the past. No, it hasn't been released until now in NA. Just like the DKC and DKL trilogy, it took forever for Lost Age to come out in NA... but at least its finally about ready to come out.
No no, The Lost Age was released in NA and Europe too, in 2002. It's just that, for the Virtual Console, only NA lacked The Lost Age until now.

Edit: Haha, :4greninja:'d by @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman :teeth:
I'm sorry, but which is it then? I'm not trying to sound impatient, but I'm not well-versed in GS here.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sorry, but which is it then? I'm not trying to sound impatient, but I'm not well-versed in GS here.
Oh, I thought you were only referring to The Lost Age being released on Wii U VC. All three Golden Sun games were released worldwide on their originals consoles, its just that for VC, The Lost Age is a year late getting released on Wii U VC in NA. Its already been available in NA on the original GBA, but that was 13 years ago.

EDIT: Odds are, if Lost Age was never localized to NA in the first place, it wouldn't be released in NA now. Its very rare that they localize a game through VC that was never localized before.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It’s pretty impressive how Garet summoned Meteor with a single Venus Djinni.

(Maybe he was channeling the power of the Mars Star?)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh, I thought you were only referring to The Lost Age being released on Wii U VC. All three Golden Sun games were released worldwide on their originals consoles, its just that for VC, The Lost Age is a year late getting released on Wii U VC in NA. Its already been available in NA on the original GBA, but that was 13 years ago.

EDIT: Odds are, if Lost Age was never localized to NA in the first place, it wouldn't be released in NA now. Its very rare that they localize a game through VC that was never localized before.
Oh, thank you for clearing it up!

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Haha, I got Simon Belmont. Not the worst possibility, but yet another 3rd party isn't what I want for the real thing. :p

Imagine if they did the same thing, for real... they choose like 10/15 characters from the Ballot they want to make, and they pick three or four randomly on a wheel, from a hat or something. :psycho:

D

Deleted member

Haha, I got Simon Belmont. Not the worst possibility, but yet another 3rd party isn't what I want for the real thing. :p

Imagine if they did the same thing, for real... they choose like 10/15 characters from the Ballot they want to make, and they pick three or four randomly on a wheel, from a hat or something. :psycho:
Of course you got Simon Belmont (my pipedream newcomer as seen in my sig) yet all i get is Gabe Newell and some guy called Lark.....

Life is not fair.........

Anyway last comic for today (will post more tomrrow):

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Did it three times and got Snake, Wonder Red and Lord GabeN.
I'm fine with the first two.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm curious, what do you all think Isaac's gimmick would be?
It doesn't really have to be a gimmick so much as it is something new to the roster.
Earth styled magic (psynergy) isn't in Smash. That's all that's needed to stand out.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
He could have a gimmick, but to be fair the whole Djinn system seems too complex for Smash Bros, to me.
I've already tried to think about it but everything was too complicated and not really like in Golden Sun.

The only idea I had that I think could maybe work is that the rocks/plants Isaac would create could stay on the battlefield for some time, creating platforms/traps to exploit during the battle. Of course with a limit of time/"mass" to balance it.
They could also be destroyable by anyone.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't really have to be a gimmick so much as it is something new to the roster.
Earth styled magic (psynergy) isn't in Smash. That's all that's needed to stand out.
You're taking the easy way out though. Giving Isaac a gimmick would further differentiate him from other characters. I fear he'd just be generalized to being a rock/ground type Robin.

It's kinda hard to describe it, but you do understand what I mean, right?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You're taking the easy way out though. Giving Isaac a gimmick would further differentiate him from other characters. I fear he'd just be generalized to being a rock/ground type Robin.

Thing is, Robin's one of the most unique characters and Isaac is already different by having eath magic

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I understand what you mean but I feel that Earth magic alone is enough for him to be unique.
If he had to have a gimmick then being a bit like Tremor's Crystalline variation in MK X is what I'd choose but adapted to Smash obviously.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Also Robin can only use his tomes so many times to match up the gameplay of Fire Emblem, which does make a lot of sense. I'm pretty sure Pacman also has some gameplay that resolves around his original game's gameplay.

I was thinking he could focus around stat control. That would be really weird to implement, but it's like how in GS his stats sucks when he runs low on djinn but is very stable when he has djinn. But often times he can't survive if he doesn't use the djinn. If Smash can't handle the complexity of Djinn, then they don't necessarily have to do djinn, and could possibly do abilities instead, which would still kind of be like Robin except it affects stats instead of weapon use.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also Robin can only use his tomes so many times to match up the gameplay of Fire Emblem, which does make a lot of sense. I'm pretty sure Pacman also has some gameplay that resolves around his original game's gameplay.

I was thinking he could focus around stat control. That would be really weird to implement, but it's like how in GS his stats sucks when he runs low on djinn but is very stable when he has djinn. But often times he can't survive if he doesn't use the djinn. If Smash can't handle the complexity of Djinn, then they don't necessarily have to do djinn, and could possibly do abilities instead, which would still kind of be like Robin except it affects stats instead of weapon use.
So basically Shulk and his Monado arts then?

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
So basically Shulk and his Monado arts then?
Shulk's monado arts was just one ability that still gave him boosts, for Isaac I was more for stronger abilities that reach minimum stats after like 7 uses, which he can still use his abilities but they are very weak and his other stats lower significantly. But after waiting a while like in GS it would restore his stats over time. I guess it could possibly be measured in djinns.

Top Bottom