• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So how long until we get Dark Dawn on VC?
It's not. Instead, it's getting an enhanced 3DS port to coincide with the launch of Golden Sun IV, and make it easier to transfer data between the two games.[/wishfulthinking]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Swampasaur, my choices would be:

Remix:Saturos Battle Theme
Remix:Isaac's battle theme
Remix:Marching Foward with Determination.
Remix:Venus Lighthouse.
Remix:Vale (it would be like Calling to the Night or The Roost, a very pacific and lovely song despite the tension in battle)
Original:Jenna's battle theme.
Original:Battle theme 1 (Dark Dawn)
Original:The Sanctum of Sol.

I hope in that the Golden Sun music for a stage doesn't get the Sonic treatment.

Anyway, more comic time:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Smashified confirmed that their next issue will be released the 14th. We will see their new Twitter avatar/banner the 12th. So, there's 5 days to wait before we know for sure if it's Isaac.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
So I was playing for glory and my nickname was VOTEISAAC as it always when I was playing someone else they changed there nickname to VOTEDISAAC. So thats cool.

D

Deleted member

Man, this thread has been slow.

Mia soon discovered that Ply does not work on food poisoning.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

This was posted elsewhere in the forums.

Aside from no Isaac, it's still ass.

Banjo and Kazooie? Like Nintendo would ever pay that kind of Service to Microsoft.

Daisy? Do we really need 8 Mario reps?

I'm sorry, but from what I've heard, Bandana Dee isn't all that popular outside of Smashboards.

Wolf? Meh.

Rayman? Not as popular as people think.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Aside from no Isaac, it's still ***.

Banjo and Kazooie? Like Nintendo would ever pay that kind of Service to Microsoft.

I'm sorry, but from what I've heard, Bandana Dee isn't all that popular outside of Smashboards.

Wolf? Meh.

First thing, there's no way we're getting two third-parties. We'll be lucky to get one.

Second deal, there's no way at all we'll EVER get Banjo and Kazooie.

Daisy? Who the hell seriously wants Daisy? We'll get Paper Mario, Captain Toad, or, hell, even WALUIGI before Daisy.

Bandana Dee I don't think is that unlikely. I definitely don't see him having that much attention outside of Smashboards and a select few other areas, and I don't see him ever really rated that highly in most polls. That said I do think he's a legitimate possible.

Wolf I don't consider "meh" at all. I think he's back.

Rayman I think could be a legitimate third-party candidate, but honestly I think Bomberman is more likely at this point, if we get any.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13

Wolf? Meh.

Wait I'm confused, is this supposed to be a leak. If it is it's a very bad one.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I agree, a lot of that is not realistic at all. Here's my reasons:

Banjo-Kazooie and Rayman: The 1st belongs to Microsoft, so... yeah I don't think it's going to happen for DLC. Also, we've also had Ryu as a 3rd party, so two more of them would be overkill (even one in my opinion, but well...).

Also, as a French (most of my fellow countryman think the same), I think Ubisoft doesn't deserve to have Rayman starring in Smash Bros. They showed no support to the Wii U (even trashtalked it) and now they're acting like they're best friends with Nintendo because they'd like the free advertisement.
The character is nice, but Ubisoft attitude really isn't.

Daisy: She's not unpopular (especially in Japan), but she's not really popular either. as @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman mentioned, Paper Mario, (Cpt.) Toad and Waluigi are all more popular than her for a new Mario character. And we already have a good number/enough of them.

Wolf: Not much to say, a lot of people believe he's going to be the last veteran and it would make sense since Starfox Zero is a thing.

Bandana Dee: Not the least popular Nintendo newcomer, far from it, but not a top 3/4 contender either. I would personally see that a serious case of Sakurai bias if he made it in instead of Isaac, for example. But if we had more than, let's say, K. Rool and Isaac, I could see Bandana Dee being a thing.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I agree, a lot of that is not realistic at all. Here's my reasons:

Banjo-Kazooie and Rayman: The 1st belongs to Microsoft, so... yeah I don't think it's going to happen for DLC. Also, we've also had Ryu as a 3rd party, so two more of them would be overkill (even one in my opinion, but well...).

Also, as a French (most of my fellow countryman think the same), I think Ubisoft doesn't deserve to have Rayman starring in Smash Bros. They showed no support to the Wii U (even trashtalked it) and now they're acting like they're best friends with Nintendo because they'd like the free advertisement.
The character is nice, but Ubisoft attitude really isn't.

Daisy: She's not unpopular (especially in Japan), but she's not really popular either. as @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman mentioned, Paper Mario, (Cpt.) Toad and Waluigi are all more popular than her for a new Mario character. And we already have a good number/enough of them.

Wolf: Not much to say, a lot of people believe he's going to be the last veteran and it would make sense since Starfox Zero is a thing.

Bandana Dee: Not the least popular Nintendo newcomer, far from it, but not a top 3/4 contender either. I would personally see that a serious case of Sakurai bias if he made it in instead of Isaac, for example. But if we had more than, let's say, K. Rool and Isaac, I could see Bandana Dee being a thing.
Sakurai Bias..the weakest arguement I've ever seen against/for Bandana Dee..

Sakurai is more hateful to modern Kirby games (in which Bandana Dee has gotten his MAJOR MAJOR roles) so...yeh Sakurai bias towards anything Modern Kirby...isn't a thing.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
^ Yeah, the fact that Bandana Dee is mostly associated with post-Sakurai Kirby games hinders his chances more than anything, in my opinion. Doesn't make him impossible, but I don't believe Sakurai bias is in his favour.

Of the characters in that mockup (obvious fake is obvious), the only ones I think are likely are Wolf and K. Rool (I don't think for one second that the Mii costume kills his chances). Daisy, Rayman, and Banjo-Kazooie aren't happening.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I see. Thanks for the explanation on Sakurai/Bandana Dee.
In that case I guess I'll consider him as less likely.
Though, that means it would be even worse if he made it in instead of Isaac. :p

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Wait I'm confused, is this supposed to be a leak. If it is it's a very bad one.
No, it's somebody's dream.

Edit:
Somebody's very bad dream I might add:
Original Poster said:
3. Was going to add Isaac, but on second thought he'd make a great Mii costume, right? Right?
WRONG.
And yet he throws King K. Rool in there? Who already has a Mii Costume I might add? Oh well... Someone in that thread did stand up for our "Just another JRPG Anime Swordsman":
...*grabs a fork and torch*

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Got TLA on the VC and am giving the item classes a go. So far the pierrot class is serving me well, low pp notwithstanding. Also the avoid psynergy is making Air's Monolith infinitely more bearable.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Of all the Item Classes, the Pierrot is the most solid, followed by the Dark Mage. The Tamer leaves a bit to be desired though...

Also...

Crash Bandicoot is a thing still? I thought that guy had a good run and died harder and faster than almost any other series around. And it wasn't a pretty death. And now people want him in Smash4?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Of all the Item Classes, the Pierrot is the most solid, followed by the Dark Mage. The Tamer leaves a bit to be desired though...

Also...

Crash Bandicoot is a thing still? I thought that guy had a good run and died harder and faster than almost any other series around. And it wasn't a pretty death. And now people want him in Smash4?
Crash was designed as a PlayStation mascot, but never reached the degree of prominence or rivalry that, say, Sonic had. I do not think he has any chance of making it in.

At least he did better than Bubsy?

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
I think Wolf is pretty much a given and therefore doesn't need a vote.

I said this about Roy AND Lucas... I also think Ice Climber(s) might be a character in some form (Maybe New 3DS hardware exclusive?) and Pichu might also reappear... in fact the only Veteran I think is questionable at this point aside from Ice Climber(s) is Snake, because of bullsh#t currently going on at Konami and the possible death of the Metal Gear franchise coming up.

Taking away any newcomers, I don't think any other character that HASN'T been made a Mii Outfit even comes clse to challenging Issac and, with CONTINUED VIGOR, we may achieve our goal.

But the same spammy momentum this thread had in the early days of the ballot wouldn't hurt these last 3 months would it?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think Wolf is pretty much a given and therefore doesn't need a vote.

I said this about Roy AND Lucas... I also think Ice Climber(s) might be a character in some form (Maybe New 3DS hardware exclusive?) and Pichu might also reappear... in fact the only Veteran I think is questionable at this point aside from Ice Climber(s) is Snake, because of bullsh#t currently going on at Konami and the possible death of the Metal Gear franchise coming up.
I would argue that Young Link is also as unlikely to return as Ice Climbers or Snake.

Taking away any newcomers, I don't think any other character that HASN'T been made a Mii Outfit even comes clse to challenging Issac and, with CONTINUED VIGOR, we may achieve our goal.

But the same spammy momentum this thread had in the early days of the ballot wouldn't hurt these last 3 months would it?
Two months, isn't it?

Also, I don't think the outfit counts K. Rool out just yet.

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
some people including myself consider Toon Link a Veteran Young Link. And it's 3 months including August since the ballot ends in October I think...

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
OK, I've got a question...

I know there's a metric bucket ton of stuff that points to Isaac as the next Smashified... But, and this is a all hypothetical, what if he isn't? What if this 10th Smashified character is someone else?

I just want to know what I'll be in for if this doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
OK, I've got a question...

I know there's a metric bucket ton of stuff that points to Isaac as the next Smashified... But, and this is a all hypothetical, what if he isn't? What if this 10th Smashified character is someone else?

I just want to know what I'll be in for if this doesn't happen.
I will shrug and post some awesome Golden Sun music.

I want Isaac as DLC. If they want to provide artwork and help raise awareness, great. Golden Sun needs more love. If not, oh well. I stopped being invested in Smashified quite a while ago.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I will shrug and post some awesome Golden Sun music.

I want Isaac as DLC. If they want to provide artwork and help raise awareness, great. Golden Sun needs more love. If not, oh well. I stopped being invested in Smashified quite a while ago.
**** that. I'll post some Golden Sun music right now:
Here's a couple of remixes of the Imil theme:
Here's a remaster of the Elemental Stars song:

You know what?

Let's celebrate. Let's just celebrate like the Nintendo Direct just happened, and though Iwata-San was not there, the Direct nevertheless happened and Isaac was revealed.

Why? NO REASON. Let's just celebrate. Let all who come here wonder why the hell we're so happy and celebrating like our character just got announced. Let's do that. There's no reason, but let's do it anyways.

I'll start if off:

Sound the glorious war trumpets!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

You know what?

Let's celebrate. Let's just celebrate like the Nintendo Direct just happened, and though Iwata-San was not there, the Direct nevertheless happened and Isaac was revealed.

Why? NO REASON. Let's just celebrate. Let all whocome here wonder why the hell we're so happy and celebrating like our character just got announced. Let's do that. There's no reason, but let's do it anyways.
I approve, but it'll have to wait until morning for me. Hopefully the celebration will be in full swing by the time I get up.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer

Wolf? Meh.

I really hope Sakurai reorganizes the roster like this. The current roster with DLC is hideous.
Rayman I think could be a legitimate third-party candidate, but honestly I think Bomberman is more likely at this point, if we get any.
I completely disagree. Rayman is more alive than Bomberman. The series has like two trophies in Smash for a reason.

The only characters that have a chance in that image in my opinion are Wolf and Bandana Dee. That isn't a leak by the way.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
I completely disagree. Rayman is more alive than Bomberman. The series has like two trophies in Smash for a reason.
More alive doesn't equal more likely when talking about third parties. Third parties get in based on their fame and importance to Nintendo and Bomberman is just a step above Rayman when it comes to that.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13

You know what?

Why? NO REASON. Let's just celebrate. Let all who come here wonder why the hell we're so happy and celebrating like our character just got announced. Let's do that. There's no reason, but let's do it anyways.

I'll start if off:
Sound the glorious war trumpets!
Love the elemental stars remix, I just started to replay the first game today and I'm up to the Satorus fight. Gotta love that battle theme.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How are you guys doing? I was rather inactive over the last couple of weeks due to my internet being terrible.

I wonder how long we have to wait till Isaac appears in Smashified...

:231:

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
How are you guys doing? I was rather inactive over the last couple of weeks due to my internet being terrible.

I wonder how long we have to wait till Isaac appears in Smashified...

:231:
Welcome back, hope your internet is good now.

Top Bottom