• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Agreed. I think young Isaac is the best choice for a GS character in Smash 4 but, like you, would be happy to see any GS character on the roster. But anyway, I have a question for everyone. If we got an assist trophy from Golden Sun added if/when Isaac gets in, who would you want it to be? I'd want it to be Sveta.
If we got young Isaac, I'd love to see Felix as the AT, using Move. Or if we get Matthew, it'd be cool to see adult Isaac reprise his role as AT. Otherwise Sveta would be a great choice since she's easily the most interesting (and important) character in Dark Dawn.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Adult Isaac isn't the Isaac I love. He's not the Isaac I spent a year playing as. He's in the series for about fifteen minutes. Sure, he's awesome, but he's not as iconic.
It's the same character, so doesn't really matter.

Isaac is Isaac, adult or not. I have played GS tons of times and I will still associate young Isaac and adult Isaac as one and the same for Smash, apart from slight cosmetic changes and age. I do agree that young Isaac is more iconic but adult Isaac will still be cool!

In the end, as long as Isaac (any version) makes it into the game, I will be hyped beyond madness plus happy as the word happy can possible describe.

#IsaacForSmash :)

Here have a young Isaac pic as peace offering:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Garet can also use Move, so put him in as the AT while making Felix and Matthew alts. Am also hoping for adult Isaac as an alt.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Young Isaac's the most likely. He has double or triple the star power of Adult Isaac and Matthew just from the fact that even people who haven't played Golden Sun know him as that OP Assist Trophy from Brawl. Still hoping for them both as alts.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Since I had to come up with a moveset to promote Isaac on a french forum, I'll also post it here. Tell me what you think of it, please! :)

IsaacMoveset.png

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I'd switch Ragnarok and Flint around, but other than that it looks pretty good to me.
True, that could work even better like this actually! Thanks!

Also, someone brought this up on reddit, that could interest everyone here (a lot of things we already knew, though) :
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

I guess there must be a lot of characters considered into early development that we still don't know, but I find a lot of choices pretty weird. For example Takamaru possibly being considered in every game after Smash 64... Well I guess he was intended to appeal on Japanese players.

Mostly I feel like almost all the roster was meant to please Japan, and the rest of the world was not really important. With Little Mac's inclusion in Smash 4 and the fact that they asked for our country in the Ballot, I hope that it's not true anymore (if it ever was).

Damn, I'm going to be worried about Isaac's chances until at least October. :urg:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Also, someone brought this up on reddit, that could interest everyone here (a lot of things we already knew, though) :
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/

I guess there must be a lot of characters considered into early development that we still don't know, but I find a lot of choices pretty weird. For example Takamaru possibly being considered in every game after Smash 64... Well I guess he was intended to appeal on Japanese players.

Mostly I feel like almost all the roster was meant to please Japan, and the rest of the world was not really important. With Little Mac's inclusion in Smash 4 and the fact that they asked for our country in the Ballot, I hope that it's not true anymore (if it ever was).

Damn, I'm going to be worried about Isaac's chances until at least October. :urg:
For what it's worth, I do think they're giving much more consideration to the west this time around.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Oh man! I can't wait to read this! So much juicy (possible) info and speculation...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The intentions are nice, but we'll never have a "definitive" list of unused fighters. All we have are the tidbits which have trickled down to us over the years. There's so much we don't know and will never know from behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I'm honestly confused as to why people expect Adult Isaac or Matthew more than 16-17 year old Isaac. It's clear that they'll go for what's the most iconic look for a new character from an unrepresented series to Smash before going for their new look- which would only be likely if he carried over to Smash 5, and if Golden Sun 4 puts a lot of emphasis on Adult Isaac- similarly to how Ike changed from Brawl to Smash 4. Plus, if he gets in, they're gonna advertise Golden Sun in the eShop, and specifically everyone has access to the first game. (And then there's you lucky jerks with The Lost Age...)
[Shrugs] At this point, I don't care which one we get, so long as they appear in Smash already.

Whoa, that has to be one of the best Golden Sun fanarts I've ever seen.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, assuming we do get Isaac, when is the earliest you see him getting revealed, and when is your actual prediction for when he gets revealed?

I see the earliest being a fall Direct, assuming they choose Isaac based of preliminary results and want to have more than simply a name to throw out.

However my prediction is probably... late 2015/early 2016. I think Wolf will release in the fall, and either they'll have one more already planned for holiday this year, or the first character to get in due to the poll (who I don't think will be Isaac) will be released this holiday, assuming they choose the character... before Lucas releases. Assuming we'll always know the next character in line, I'd imagine Isaac would get revealed around when the holiday DLC drops, or maybe in the January Direct, assuming he'd be second to get in due to the poll, which is obv just a guess.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
So, assuming we do get Isaac, when is the earliest you see him getting revealed, and when is your actual prediction for when he gets revealed?
I could see the 1st poll character released in December for people to spend their Christmas $$$ on. The gap between Wolf and then can be filled with Mii suits, stage DLC, and "Characters filling other roles" based on the poll results (eg Daisy as a Peach skin). So they would be revealed in either the Q3 direct, or end of year direct. Depends on when they start working on them. Poll character two would then be revealed in the first/second 2016 direct, and release around the end April. Character 3 could be E3 2016, reveal and release. Anyone they're going to make will be started by September 2015, so they should be able to keep a similar release schedule even with newcomers.

The Christmas character won't be Isaac unless Golden Sun 4 is releasing before April 16, which is doubtful. Either Inklings for advertising, or K. Rool for popularity. If K. Rool is 1st then the Inklings will be 2nd, or else they'll be released a full year after their game, which wouldn't be great for marketing. If Inklings go first then K. Rool will go 2nd as he's more popular than Isaac, unless GS4 is released in the first half of 2016. So I would place Isaac being revealed and released at/around E3 2016.

Assumptions:
*Inklings will be chosen - if they aren't then Isaac could easily be the 2nd character, unless GS4's release date favors him being third.
*K. Rool will be chosen - if he isn't Isaac could go 2nd, and if Inklings aren't chosen either he could be first. Again pending when GS4's release is.
*GS4 is being released next year - If not Isaac would likely be low priority, as Golden Sun and Splatoon are the only likely newcomer series, and Splatoon has marketing value and could easily have music and a stage background ripped straight from the game. A Golden Sun stage would need more effort, thus pushing back Isaac's to one of the later characters
*We're only getting 3 characters post Wolf - if not he could come much later.

TLDR - Revealed in Q3 direct at the earliest, released around Christmas is the earliest I see anyone happening, but I don't think Isaac is likely until next year.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I could see Inklings being held back if only because unlike Isaac and K. Rool, it's likely only a matter of time until they're included, whether it's with DLC or in Smash 5. Ninty is setting Splatoon up to be much more than a one-and-done kinda deal, they clearly want a future out of it. And Nintendo might want to retain some of its "current" popular characters until then. But then again I could also see them being DLC, because they're going to be highly highly requested when Splatoon releases, and they're already pretty popular now.

But yeah if Isaac is third in line, I'd say that'd probably result in a Spring 2016 release. I'm guessing Wolf will be September, the next will be November, then February, then... April. Or May. Either way, I don't see more than a three month gap between character DLC.

Though if GS4 plays a factor in all this, which... personally I wouldn't bank on (though I'd love to be wrong) he'd release close to the game for promotion.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I could see Inklings being held back if only because unlike Isaac and K. Rool, it's likely only a matter of time until they're included, whether it's with DLC or in Smash 5. Ninty is setting Splatoon up to be much more than a one-and-done kinda deal, they clearly want a future out of it. And Nintendo might want to retain some of its "current" popular characters until then. But then again I could also see them being DLC, because they're going to be highly highly requested when Splatoon releases, and they're already pretty popular now.

But yeah if Isaac is third in line, I'd say that'd probably result in a Spring 2016 release. I'm guessing Wolf will be September, the next will be November, then February, then... April. Or May. Either way, I don't see more than a three month gap between character DLC.

Though if GS4 plays a factor in all this, which... personally I wouldn't bank on (though I'd love to be wrong) he'd release close to the game for promotion.
If GS4 is in development, it might've played a factor before the poll. Now it probably won't, and the poll is what would get Isaac in instead. (GS4 might give Isaac a boost.)

I don't really think Inklings are in development. Also, I doubt Wolf would release in September; he's probably already started, so if anything, he'd probably release in August. September I suppose is possible, though.

I'd say Isaac being announced depends on what other things are announced. If another character in addition to Wolf has already begun development (possible, but iffy), they might show Wolf and said character at E3, then the first "poll" character in a teaser. I know this is DLC, but the past two E3's did show three characters. Its questionable and improbable, but not impossible I'd argue.

Realistically the earliest we could probably see Isaac is probably a late Summer direct. However, if GS4 is announced I feel like they might announce Isaac for Smash at the same time (I don't think he'd be released at the same time as GS4, though, unless it releases very early or Isaac is a later DLC character).

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880

I see the earliest being a fall Direct, assuming they choose Isaac based of preliminary results and want to have more than simply a name to throw out.

However my prediction is probably... late 2015/early 2016. I think Wolf will release in the fall, and either they'll have one more already planned for holiday this year, or the first character to get in due to the poll (who I don't think will be Isaac) will be released this holiday, assuming they choose the character... before Lucas releases. Assuming we'll always know the next character in line, I'd imagine Isaac would get revealed around when the holiday DLC drops, or maybe in the January Direct, assuming he'd be second to get in due to the poll, which is obv just a guess.
I'd like to see him being announced at least two weeks before Christmas, because otherwise I probably won't ask any gift once again. :sadeyes:

Personal preferences put aside, I guess that at least Wolf will show up at this year's E3, maybe alongside the first ballot character but it seems unlikely to me.
Probably by the end of August or early September they'll announce the first ballot character, and add that at least another one will be made, so people should keep voting. I have no clue about the chances of Isaac to be the first one though. Maybe if he was indeed considered by Sakurai during the main game's development.

Edit: And like JaidynReiman said, if GS4 is planned, it would be more likely.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If GS4 is in development, it might've played a factor before the poll. Now it probably won't, and the poll is what would get Isaac in instead. (GS4 might give Isaac a boost.)
I'm just saying if GS4 is to release this year or next, I see Isaac being released roughly in the same timeframe; a little earlier, so as to be promotion.

I don't really think Inklings are in development. Also, I doubt Wolf would release in September; he's probably already started, so if anything, he'd probably release in August. September I suppose is possible, though.
I think even if they're capable of a two-month turnaround, they won't necessarily adhere to a two-month turnaround. If SF Wii U releases in August I'd agree that's probably when we'll get Wolf, but otherwise I still see it being September, that's usually just a more profitable month, and leads into a probable November DLC release well.

I'd say Isaac being announced depends on what other things are announced. If another character in addition to Wolf has already begun development (possible, but iffy), they might show Wolf and said character at E3, then the first "poll" character in a teaser. I know this is DLC, but the past two E3's did show three characters. Its questionable and improbable, but not impossible I'd argue.
To be fair, that's when Smash was also taking center stage at the show, now hopefully they have other things to occupy the spotlight. I wouldn't expect more than Lucas and Wolf, but a third character isn't outside the realm of possibility I suppose, though if they are based on the poll, there really won't be much to show of them at that point. Not that there was originally for Mewtwo either... but he was revealed when he was for promotional reasons, I'd imagine Lucas and Wolf would suffice for E3... but who knows.

Realistically the earliest we could probably see Isaac is probably a late Summer direct. However, if GS4 is announced I feel like they might announce Isaac for Smash at the same time (I don't think he'd be released at the same time as GS4, though, unless it releases very early or Isaac is a later DLC character).
That wouldn't surprise me, if GS4 is ready to be announced then Isaac was probably held back on purpose, but I personally don't think any of that will happen until 2016.

I'd like to see him being announced at least two weeks before Christmas, because otherwise I probably won't ask any gift once again. :sadeyes:

Personal preferences put aside, I guess that at least Wolf will show up at this year's E3, maybe alongside the first ballot character but it seems unlikely to me.
Probably by the end of August or early September they'll announce the first ballot character, and add that at least another one will be made, so people should keep voting. I have no clue about the chances of Isaac to be the first one though. Maybe if he was indeed considered by Sakurai during the main game's development.

Edit: And likeJaidynReiman said, if GS4 is planned, it would be more likely.
I can't imagine they'd keep the ballot open until October if they're only planning to include a single character that they will have chosen in the next couple months.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think even if they're capable of a two-month turnaround, they won't necessarily adhere to a two-month turnaround. If SF Wii U releases in August I'd agree that's probably when we'll get Wolf, but otherwise I still see it being September, that's usually just a more profitable month, and leads into a probable November DLC release well
I don't think they're capable of a two-month turnaround. Rather, they'll have developed characters alongside one another for a rough 2-3 months between each character. With two Brawl vets coming in a row, releasing them that quickly is logical, and August is a pretty good release time for Star Fox U. September-November are already looking to be fairly crowded. They'll also be continuously developing characters, too; they're not just going to have a gap where they do no characters whatsoever.

To be fair, that's when Smash was also taking center stage at the show, now hopefully they have other things to occupy the spotlight. I wouldn't expect more than Lucas and Wolf, but a third character isn't outside the realm of possibility I suppose, though if they are based on the poll, there really won't be much to show of them at that point. Not that there was originally for Mewtwo either... but he was revealed when he was for promotional reasons, I'd imagine Lucas and Wolf would suffice for E3... but who knows.
My assumption was that Lucas is already well-covered and won't be focused on at E3 at all; beyond characters appearing in other trailers, they never got additional showcases at future events. Lucas had his trailer and his reveal, he's done. Maybe he'll be demoed at E3, but otherwise I don't expect anything more reveal-wise based on Lucas. They already showed enough.

The thing is, prior to his reveal we had no idea Lucas was being worked on, and presumably Wolf was likely worked on as well. Its easier developing multiple characters at the same time, and we also don't know what other characters were cut from the main game (Lucas and Wolf probably were). Its possible they were already working on one newcomer before they even decided to do a poll, with additional entries happening based on said poll.

I can't imagine they'd keep the ballot open until October if they're only planning to include a single character that they will have chosen in the next couple months.
Personally I expect at least three ballot characters precisely because of how late the ballot is open.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Most likely sometime in Nov/Dec 2015. Lucas is coming out in June, and we will see a one/two more characters (including Wolf). Isaac will probably follwo after that, if his position in the poll keeps up till then.

:231:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Isaac is Isaac, adult or not. I have played GS tons of times and I will still associate young Isaac and adult Isaac as one and the same for Smash, apart from slight cosmetic changes and age. I do agree that young Isaac is more iconic but adult Isaac will still be cool!

In the end, as long as Isaac (any version) makes it into the game, I will be hyped beyond madness plus happy as the word happy can possible describe.

Oh, I agree. I'd be thrilled with any Isaac. Or any Golden Sun character. Even Tyrell. But young Isaac would be my favorite.

But I accept that peace offering because that artwork is frelling fantastic.

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
For hype purposes, I've written up my take on what a potential Isaac moveset could be. Keeping it interesting while still somewhat faithful to the source material was the main goal, but I didn't attempt to lock Isaac into any specific class or style. He mainly uses physical attacks, some sword strikes, and Psynergy. Djinn are used as an element of his Final Smash.

It's kinda long, though, so be warned.

Isaac would be a character with fairly typical or expected stats: his movement speed on the ground and in the air is very slightly faster than Shulk, while his attack speeds range from quick pressure tools to long damage dealers. Isaac would have a below average weight value, but drops like a rock when left to gravity. Undoubtedly, his greatest assets lie in his versatility.

STANDARD ATTACKS

Jab Combo

A: A quick slash.
AA: A quick slash, then another.
AAA...: A quick slash, then another, then a sudden burst of Growth Psynergy to attack the foe with vines.
Finisher: Isaac plunges a single large vine up from the ground.

Tilts

f. A: Isaac quickly brings his knee up into his opponent, a la Snake in Brawl. Locks at a lower percent.
d. A: Isaac hits foes with a brisk kick. Knocks foes into the air for combo potential.
u. A: Isaac draws his sword and performs a decisive upper thrust. Considerably long endlag time.

Dash

A: A large Psynergy hand bursts forth from Isaac as he stops in a shoulder tackle. Low range and knockback, but fast.

Smashes

f. A: Leaping slash forwards. Reference to his attack animation from Golden Sun.
d. A: Two stone and vine spires jut up on either side of Isaac as he crouches low. Loosely based on Thorn Psynergy.
u. A: Isaac performs a Psynergy imbued uppercut, creating a reverse-waterfall of rock. Loosely based on Rockfall Psynergy.

Aerials

n. A: A slow midair cartwheel surrounded by purple demonic spirits. Based on Haunt Psynergy, low endlag.
f. A: Isaac performs two spinning kicks in succession. Somewhat long start-up time and some endlag.
d. A: Isaac draws his sword into a powerful downward swing, a la Robin. Some start-up time, meteor smashes.
u. A: Isaac draws his sword and stabs up above his head. High endlag and long start-up, best used to KO opponents.
b. A: A quick backwards kick. Isaac's fastest aerial.

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Special

B 1.: Ragnarok. Isaac holds his hands up above his head and gathers Venus Psynergy, plunging a giant blade of energy into the stage. The player must hold down the B button to maintain the charge, then press it again once the charge has been completed to release it. Isaac can store the charge at any point by shielding, rolling, or waiting the full charging time -- similar in length to the charge time of Robin's Thoron or Samus' Charge Shot. Triggering the attack in the air will send the giant Psynergy sword in a somewhat more vertical path. A useful tool in Isaac's moveset that is great for keeping opponents away from stage ledges. High KO potential.

B 2.: Odyssey. Variation of "Ragnarok" attack. A shorter charge time that sacrifices the regular range of the attack. After charging, Isaac stabs forward with a giant blade of Venus Psynergy. The stab deals multiple hits and does heavy damage to shields, but lacks the angular projectile properties of Isaac's regular Neutral Special. Weaker KO potential, but the added option of shield pressure gives Isaac more tools.

B 3.: Titan Blade. Variation of "Ragnarok" attack. Much longer charging time, and an equally more impressive result to go with it. Isaac drops a giant Psynergy sword down on opponents a few character lengths in front of him, resulting in a devastating explosion. The move is a guaranteed OHKO should it connect, but its extremely long charge time and deceptively small initial hitboxes make such a thing a rare occurrence in the midst of a fight.

Forward Special

B 1.: Move. Isaac gathers Psynergy and projects a large hand forwards in a fluid motion. No damage dealt, put pushes foes away with a strong windbox effect. Covers just shy of half of Final Destination in length, making it a perfect tool for keepaway and harassment of offstage foes. Reflects lesser projectiles such as Fox and Falco's blaster shots or uncharged arrows from Link or Pit.

B 2.: Force. Variation of "Move" attack. Isaac quickly swings his hand forwards and projects a Psynergy fist to damage enemies from afar. Covers less distance, but its relatively low endlag and start-up time allow for Isaac to sneak in hits on those who aren't suspecting it. No longer reflects.

B 3.: Scoop. Variation of "Move" attack. Isaac gathers Psynergy and projects a cupped Psynergy hand along and through the ground of the stage. Covers the entire length of whatever platform Isaac is standing on when used; cannot be used in the air. Deals damage depending on how long the attack travels and how long opponents have been snagged by its hitboxes. Low KO potential, but can instead lead to massive amounts of damage if the attack catches and drags foes from one side to the other.

Down Special

B 1.: Gaia. Isaac gathers Psynergy and creates a beam of light that moves along the ground, bursting open into an explosion of rock and Venus energy. The player must hold down the B button to create the beam of light, releasing the button to trigger the attack. The player would have a limited amount of time to move the beam of light using the control stick before the attack would automatically trigger. Gaia naturally deals more damage to enemies that were hit by the attack when standing on the ground, dealing less damage towards the middle and little damage with no knockback to enemies at the upper edges of the attack. Cannot be used in the air. High endlag.

B 2.: Punji Strike. Variation of "Gaia" attack. Isaac gathers Psynergy and creates a beam of light that moves along the ground, bursting open into shoots of trapping bamboo. Opponents hit by the attack WITHOUT their shields up will take many low-damage hits that ensnare them in place, while those WITH shields up will face heavy shield damage that may lead to a complete shield break. Cannot be used in the air. Much less endlag to allow for combos. Controls are identical to Gaia.

B 3.: Annihilation. Variation of "Gaia" attack. Isaac gathers Psynergy and creates a beam of light that moves along the ground, bursting open into a bright flash of Venus energy and a fading kanji character (either 殺 (korosu) or 滅 (horobiru)). The attack has a 1/5 chance to deal heavy damage and knockback, but a 4/5 chance to deal no damage or knockback at all. Cannot be used in the air. Moderate endlag. Controls are identical to Gaia.

Up Special

B 1.: Planet Diver. Isaac draws his sword into a violent upper slash and soars into the air, crashing down to earth like a meteor. The attack follows a parabolic path when used, favouring vertical height on the ground or horizontal distance in the air. Correct use of the attack -- both on the stage and off -- is vital to Isaac's survival.

B 2.: Helm Splitter. Variation of "Planet Diver" attack. Isaac draws his sword into a violent upper slash, rising into the air before rocketing back down. The attack follows a vertical path, meaning it can be only used to recover safely when used below ledges. On the ground, Isaac performs a small jump and plummets back down, dealing heavy damage with longer endlag.

B 3.: Retreat. Variation of "Planet Diver" attack. Isaac draws his sword into a violent upper slash, disappearing in a burst of glowing Psynergy bubbles. Isaac then re-appears a moment later, moving in the direction the control stick was pushed, a la Zelda or Sheik. The slash is the only part of the attack that deals damage.

Final Smash

B: Judgment. Four Venus Djinn leap out from within Isaac as he raises his arms up, covering a few character lengths. If this initial attack hits an opponent, the Final Smash will trigger. The scene briefly changes to the sky, showing an angelic knight gathering energy into his shield before blasting it down. The scene changes again to the non-specific canyon seen in some of Smash's trailers, showing Isaac slowly lowering his hands into a neutral stance as whatever opponents hit by the Final Smash are engulfed in a giant explosion of blue energy behind him. The scene then cuts back to regular gameplay as the opponents are knocked away and the fight continues.

GRABS AND THROWS

Z: Isaac uses a Psynergy hand to grab a foe. Very easily punished if Isaac misses. Based on Catch Psynergy.
A: The Psynergy hand tightens its grip to deal damage.
f.: Isaac blasts them away with the Psynergy hand. Based on Move Psynergy.
d.: Isaac raises them up and slams them down with the Psynergy hand. Based on Pound Psynergy.
u.: Isaac tosses them up into the sky with a second Psynergy hand. Based on Lift Psynergy.
b.: Isaac quickly crosses-up and blasts them away with the Psynergy hand. Based on Move Psynergy.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I don't think there's any way to predict when he'll make his appearance.

I think there's a possibility they might show off a model (like Mewtwo) at E3 along with a Wolf trailer but there's no guarantee it would be Isaac. (It could be King K Rool)

E3 is kind of a wildcard because even though they wouldn't have enough time to have gameplay trailers ready, they could have enough time to create models to show off.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
To be fair, they also would have to be far enough in development with the character to know that they are going to 'work', and I think that Isaac, while having amazing moveset potential, for the very same reason might be one that would take a long time to develop and make sure everything works.

Lol... Me and my lack of ability to word things properly sometimes... Does that even make sense? >.< I just think that if we get Isaac they would have to be able to make sure that they'll be able to deliver on the character before even confirming him.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I still wonder if we're going to get another announcement beyond Wolf at E3. I'm not saying it would be Isaac but just generally speaking I wonder if they'll have something extra up their sleeve.

I could definitely see them announcing a bunch of new stage dlc at E3.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I still wonder if we're going to get another announcement beyond Wolf at E3. I'm not saying it would be Isaac but just generally speaking I wonder if they'll have something extra up their sleeve.

Well, it's going to be harder for them this year: Last year, they "won" E3, and they had a bunch of cool things to show (Splatoon, Zelda U and Starfox U). This year, though, they might not have the same amount of crazy things to show, and we know that Zelda U won't even be there. They'll have to make up for it somehow, I guess.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Another veteran, perhaps? Although the waters get really muddy after Wolf.

DLC stages would be nice.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Another veteran, perhaps? Although the waters get really muddy after Wolf.

DLC stages would be nice.

I can't really see any more veterans after Wolf.

Aside from maybe Snake, but I doubt they'd gain the rights and have a model made in time for E3.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think we'll get another veteran beyond Snake either.

As @ Falgor Falgor stated, I can see them announcing another character because they need to have as many hype things coming down at E3 as possible. They'll need to announce new games for sure, both for this year and next year (next year so they can prove that they'll still have a steady lineup of games on their consoles in 2016; probably only 1-2 for next year).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I like how both Derrick and Andre wanted K. Rool as their #3, and Derrick wanted Isaac as his #1. That's awesome. :D I was not expecting Isaac to be mentioned at all.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Didn't read your post. Just gave you a like for the awesome art work.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Didn't read your post. Just gave you a like for the awesome art work.
Not that I made it of course. I still have quite a many ways to go to be able to make fanart of that calibre.

I will definitely upload it here IF I manage to make something awesome pertaining to GS.

Derrick from Gamexplain supports Isaac as his #1 choice for DLC in their latest discussion! Go write something about Isaac in the comments if you can. They're rather big on YouTube, so hey, it can't hurt.
(Isaac talk at the 27:50 mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XToshSl1Mho&feature=youtu.be

Nice! Good to have people with some Youtube reach prefer Isaac as a DLC choice! Hope that bumps up our Golden Boy's votes.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
For all those people who might be watching GameXplain and don't know who to vote Derrick's advertising could lead to even more votes, so that's really nice for Isaac.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's definitely nice to see some YouTube personalities supporting Isaac. He can use all the help he can get.

E3 is going to be pretty tense this year for Smash fans, (possibly even moreso than last year) there's really no telling what will happen outside of a Wolf reveal.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Derrick from Gamexplain supports Isaac as his #1 choice for DLC in their latest discussion! Go write something about Isaac in the comments if you can. They're rather big on YouTube, so hey, it can't hurt.
(Isaac talk at the 27:50 mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XToshSl1Mho&feature=youtu.be

Nice!

From what I gather a lot of people seem to be expecting Isaac, or at least thinking he has a good chance, but aren't actually talking about him that much. So it's nice to see him get some love from someone with a big audience.

Top Bottom