• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I can definitely see them treating vote ballots in very much the same way publishers treat writers (or wanna-be writers); if the voter's reason for wanting that character does not capture their attention from the start, it's straight to the paper shredder. That is why I have kept all of mine voting ballots as informative as possible. Besides Isaac, the characters I've voted for so far are Kalas from Baten Kaitos (since I think he'd be very interesting, moveset-wise) and Young Cricket from WarioWare. Some characters, I haven't really bothered voting for, since they obviously are getting loads of requests.

Last edited:

WiENFY

Smash Rookie
It's also worth taking into consideration that many voters will be living under the same roof so blocking everything past the first vote would be a bit of a logical error on Nintendo's side as well as unfair to the second voter.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I can definitely see them treating vote ballots in very much the same way publishers treat writers (or wanna-be writers); if the voter's reason for wanting that character does not capture their attention from the start, it's straight to the paper shredder. That is why I have kept all of mine voting ballots as informative as possible. Besides Isaac, the characters I've voted for so far are Kalas from Baten Kaitos (since I think he'd be very interesting, moveset-wise) and Young Cricket from WarioWare. Some characters, I haven't really bothered voting for, since they obviously are getting loads of requests.
Isaac is one of the only non-veteran first parties I am throwing a lot of support behind. He completely deserves a spot and if we manage to get him into Smash it will probably mean great things for the Golden Sun IP moving forward.

I'm also a booster for K. Rool, Dixie, Captain Toad, and Fiora from Xenoblade. I don't think Xenoblade needs another rep nor do I think one is likely, but I think she would be a fun character for a variety of reasons.

Isaac is my first party priority, though. (Sorry, but I'm campaigning harder for Bomberman and Simon Belmont, even if supporting both is somewhat counter productive.)

Spatman

Smash Ace
I suspect they'll be using an algorithm to lighten the load. It might seem harsh, but I'd guess only the characters who receive more than a certain amount of votes won't just be thrown out, it would be nearly impossible to give every submission the same amount of attention.

Which is why spelling Isaac is important. Though since they're also asking for the series, and apparently it's easier to spell Golden Sun than the main character from it, it shouldn't be a deal breaker.
...and so many people persist to call him Issac... :facepalm:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
...and so many people persist to call him Issac... :facepalm:
I always hated this... And choose to pronounce it in my head as horrible as possbile, closely resembling 'ISH-SHACK' complete with an angry sounding accent for Lord knows what reason.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
This thread is slowing down too much. Need more HYPE!

Let's talk about the potential for awesome taunts.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still think it would be really cool if Isaac summoned two giant hands to clap for him whenever he loses a fight.
This NEEDS to happen.

I'my still optimistic for Isaac and Rool. Now that I'm at my parents I may throw another vote towards Isaac (and Lip).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well I think if nothing else the support for Isaac and King K Rool will be apparent. It's out of our control after that.

I don't think there's a risk of them not knowing Isaac's (and Golden Sun's) popularity after this.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
This thread is slowing down too much. Need more HYPE!

Let's talk about the potential for awesome taunts.

For one of them, a :) appears above his head. That's it. Nothing more. Just a :) appearing above his head.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I mentioned it back when I was talking about potential moves for Isaac.

How would we feel if Isaac borrowed Felix's ability to turn into sand?

I think it would be very interesting and wouldn't really be something out of character for Isaac, since he's a Venus adept. Ness learned some skills from his friends so who's to say Isaac can't learn something from Felix?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I mentioned it back when I was talking about potential moves for Isaac.

How would we feel if Isaac borrowed Felix's ability to turn into sand?

I think it would be very interesting and wouldn't really be something out of character for Isaac, since he's a Venus adept. Ness learned some skills from his friends so who's to say Isaac can't learn something from Felix?
I definitely support this idea but only think it'd work as a dodge. It's certainly not farfetched to suggest that Isaac could use turning into sand as an option.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Isaac sand could work as a roll, cloak as spot and air dodge and as a shield, that Psynergy barrier that appears when they're at Kolima Forest.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Bad news! That Isaac moveset was about half done before my computer crashed and I lost it all. I'll unfortunately have to start it over, so we may not see it for a while.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well I think if nothing else the support for Isaac and King K Rool will be apparent. It's out of our control after that.

I don't think there's a risk of them not knowing Isaac's (and Golden Sun's) popularity after this.
My only worry is how many casuals will actually end up voting before the ballot closes, because chances are they won't be voting for Isaac.

The only Smash pairing with Isaac that even remotely makes a bit of sense is:4robinf:. But hey, logic has never stopped shipping before!:troll:
Sense? This is the internet!

Bad news! That Isaac moveset was about half done before my computer crashed and I lost it all. I'll unfortunately have to start it over, so we may not see it for a while.
Aw, that sucks. :(

ALWAYS GOTTA SAVE

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My only worry is how many casuals will actually end up voting before the ballot closes, because chances are they won't be voting for Isaac.
Well for what it's worth they'll probably be checking it periodically and making a note of the top few each time.

At the very least it won't be difficult to figure out who the most die hard smash fans want. You'd expect that the people who voted within the first few days of the ballot opening are the most likely people to buy dlc as soon as it launches. If you think about it, early votes might be more valuable than late votes.

Also I don't expect "casuals" will have much of a united front, they're votes will probably be going all over the place.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well for what it's worth they'll probably be checking it periodically and making a note of the top few each time.

At the very least it won't be difficult to figure out who the most die hard smash fans want.

Also I don't expect "casuals" will have much of a united front, they're votes will probably be going all over the place.
That's true, and only a small percent of the total casual fanbase even knows about this poll, but the thing is there are so many of them, they don't even need to be united to push some characters (usually Mario, Pokemon, Zelda and third-party ones) fairly high up. I guess the question I have is how many casuals will end up using the ballot. Especially since I imagine Nintendo will bring it up again at E3 if they're going to re-announce Lucas and maybe Wolf.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That's true, and only a small percent of the total casual fanbase even knows about this poll, but the thing is there are so many of them, they don't even need to be united to push some characters (usually Mario, Pokemon, Zelda and third-party ones) fairly high up. I guess the question I have is how many casuals will end up using the ballot. Especially since I imagine Nintendo will bring it up again at E3 if they're going to re-announce Lucas and maybe Wolf.
I still think they're going to want to look at the results pre E3 very carefully because that may be where the best and most guaranteed money is to be made.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I still think they're going to want to look at the results pre E3 very carefully because that may be where the best and most guaranteed money is to be made.
Yeh I definitely agree they will be looking at the results periodically before the poll actually closes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they started planning the first DLC character to get in due to this poll even before E3, if there is a clear enough frontrunner (which there is).

I also know a few casuals that are voting on their favorite Pokémon to be playable, otherwise they won't buy the game.
They... they don't already have the game? They were waiting for a poll no one knew about to vote for one (probably unlikely) character that their purchase of the game is contingent upon?

:facepalm:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We should run a Pokemon campaign directed at casuals and they'll split their votes between the 700+ remaining Pokemon.

It's genius. What could go wrong?

*Magikarp gets added to the roster*

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Considering the top characters are likely to be characters with no chance (Shrek, Goku, Shadow, etc.) I doubt the absolute Number 1 character will be considered. Its just a matter of getting Isaac high enough that he will be considered popular enough to make a profit whilst being a reasonable character with some sort of a chance due to either not being a) a character with a significant non-playable role in Smash 4 already, b) a less-than-special third-party character, c) a ridiculous non-video game character or d) a third-party character from an already-represented guest franchise.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
"Tumblr"

Oh boy, I can't wait for the potential Isaac x Link imagery that will ensue after he's in Smash. :rolleyes:
Yessssssssssss ;3

er I mean

We should run a Pokemon campaign directed at casuals and they'll split their votes between the 700+ remaining Pokemon.

Sakurai: "If you thought Greninja made a splash..."

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Hush, Magikarp on the roster would be nothing short of amazing, and you know it. ;P

Considering the top characters are likely to be characters with no chance (Shrek, Goku, Shadow, etc.) I doubt the absolute Number 1 character will be considered. Its just a matter of getting Isaac high enough that he will be considered popular enough to make a profit whilst being a reasonable character with some sort of a chance due to either not being a) a character with a significant non-playable role in Smash 4 already, b) a less-than-special third-party character, c) a ridiculous non-video game character or d) a third-party character from an already-represented guest franchise.
No no, it's hardly a matter of the number one choice automatically getting in, but the casuals don't just suggest characters with no chance, they often gravitate towards supporting characters from the "Big 3" as well.

And yeah, I'm sure Isaac will be shown to be a quite popular choice, my concern is mostly what other characters might end up being seen as equally popular, and equally feasible, due to the casuals.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
guys, there's another poll on the web for make oour voice heard once more, this time on youtube

Nintendo Buzz is doing a community vote for the most wanted DLC character for the game, so you have to comment which character you want. IT seems its one vote per comment, so let's keep our Golden Boy in shine, :p

https://youtu.be/WgRW1kFdyMo?t=371

Last edited:

Braydon

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who thinks that if isaac is popular enough they will add his freakishly identical child Matthew instead?

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
guys, there's another poll on the web for make oour voice heard once more, this time on youtube

Nintendo Buzz is doing a community vote for the most wanted DLC character for the game, so you have to comment which character you want. IT seems its one vote per comment, so let's keep our Golden Boy in shine, :p

https://youtu.be/WgRW1kFdyMo?t=371
Sadly, I hardly think that can be called a poll...

Youtube comments =/= a legitimate poll. Think about it this way. A legitimate poll would show ALL of the results. Not just whatever the youtube poster would post. That is why Hackintosh's research linked earlier was so important. (Even if a little biased toward reddit.) Think about it this way, the "winner" would be the character with the most "replies" not whoever was voted for the most.

In other news, I want to bring this full circle. What do you guys think about E3 this year? Obviously there should be some Smash news, but what else are you expecting?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Am I the only one who thinks that if isaac is popular enough they will add his freakishly identical child Matthew instead?
Yes.

Nintendo is a game about celebrating Nintendo's history. Isaac has far more history and a far greater legacy than Matthew. Matthew may not be impossible, but I don't think there is a chance he'll get in over Isaac.

Top Bottom