• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Once I saw that Wonder Red beat Banjo I knew the whole thing was clearly rigged. I don't care much, though. K. Rool has plenty of support, Wonder Red doesn't have much at all.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Aw man... Here I was late for all the action. Ahh well... To be honest, I'm sure the 4chan thing isnt that much to worry about since Isaac is getting all kinds of support all over the web. Even if they do flood the ballot with K. Rool, or Banjo, there's no guarantee Sakurai will agree with that assessment.

He may not like the idea of Banjo and Kazooie being fighters, and he might not agree with K. Rool's inclusion for various reasons (I think Sakurai has a very upbeat anime 'cute-makes-right" style and K. Rool is a huge ugly crocodile that he may not want tarnishing the screen. That's just my own theory though)

Don't give up everyone, we can do this!!

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He may not like the idea of Banjo and Kazooie being fighters, and he might not agree with K. Rool's inclusion for various reasons (I think Sakurai has a very upbeat anime 'cute-makes-right" style and K. Rool is a huge ugly crocodile that he may not want tarnishing the screen. That's just my own theory though)
I know this isn't the K. Rool topic, but what about Bowser and Ganondorf? They're not known for being pretty (especially Bowser's Giga Bowser form).

To try and stay on topic, yeah, it is a shame Isaac lost to someone like Wonder Red. Really?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Which is why those goons should not be taken seriously, at all. You get what I am saying?
I gotcha.

Though to be fair, before WR showed up the poll seemed decently accurate.

Wait what? Wonder Red won?
Yup. 4chan.

Aw man... Here I was late for all the action. Ahh well... To be honest, I'm sure the 4chan thing isnt that much to worry about since Isaac is getting all kinds of support all over the web. Even if they do flood the ballot with K. Rool, or Banjo, there's no guarantee Sakurai will agree with that assessment.

Don't give up everyone, we can do this!!
I don't expect Sakurai would have a problem with K. Rool, he's just as cartoony and exaggerated as anyone in the current cast.

walph

Smash Rookie
Do you guys know how many characters will be in smash with this ballot? Actually i'd like others characters besides Isaac too :ohwell:

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I don't care what that mess known as 4chan says - At least we passed the 300 Pages mark. Let's show our strong support and vote for Isaac! If we don't vote now, the generation that played these great games will become a Lost Age in a Dark Dawn of Goku and Shrek responses.

Keep moving! We'll get our Golden Sun with the votes! (Vapourises self)

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Once I saw that Wonder Red beat Banjo I knew the whole thing was clearly rigged. I don't care much, though. K. Rool has plenty of support, Wonder Red doesn't have much at all.
I knew it was rigged when the voting blocks only lasted half an hour.

Don't forget guys. Phones, 3DS systems, Wii U systems, all different IP addresses. Not to mention PS4s and XBONE's.

I have three electronics stores near me. Going to take advantage of some demo models...

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I've been using a different internet this weekend, so I voted 4 times on my pc (2 in the portuguese, another 2 in the american), did the same on my father's laptop and my best friend that has 2 pcs did the same.

Let's keep the votes rolling like this thread's messages that are always being posted, together, we can make Isaac join the battlefield.

Calane

Smash Ace
Hello, I joined Smashboards just to say that I support Isaac in SSB4! I would love to see him make it in. I have a feeling K. Rool is going to win (though that would upset me greatly), but if we get more than one character, Isaac has a really strong chance, I think. I think getting Isaac in SSB4 would also be good for Golden Sun in general. Maybe, together, we can bring the series back to life. So...uh...yeah. Isaac for SSB4! (Maybe with a Matthew alt. That would be amazing).

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so a question, does anyone still have the alternate color swaps for isaac? i remember seeing them here, but i dont want to waste a lot of time looking for them. does anyone still owe a copy of the pics?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
so a question, does anyone still have the alternate color swaps for isaac? i remember seeing them here, but i dont want to waste a lot of time looking for them. does anyone still owe a copy of the pics?
To mine memory, there have been multiple different fan-made colour swaps posted in this thread over the years, so I don't know which ones you're referring to, but these are the ones I posted:

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
To mine memory, there have been multiple different fan-made colour swaps posted in this thread over the years, so I don't know which ones you're referring to, but these are the ones I posted:

it was something similar to this but isaac had the color swaps of all the golden sun 1 and 2 characters. this is good though, though this wasn't the one i was looking for. half of them are here, i wonder where the ones with felix and his party are?

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
Playing through The Lost Age as we speak ^~^

I wonder if we could only have two stages what they would be?

I'd like Mt. Aleph and The Mars Lighthouse

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
These are the ones I've found so far. There was another one that used Isaac's original concept art, but I can't seem to find it.

yes there we go. let me know if you find the others. obviously isaac's color swaps should be the characters of the first 2 golden sun games. makes logical sense since there are 8 party members and every character gets 8 color swaps. 8 player isaac smash!

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Just a reminder, guys-- We should really all be networking to get as many votes as we can. We should aim to get as many votes we can every day until the poll is over.

If we want Golden Boy in the game we really should try and overwhelm them with the votes. Quickly vote on every device you can. If you're at the mall, go into the Mac store and vote on every computer. If you have a computer at work, do it there too. If you go to school and use a computer, do it there. Do it on every device in your home. Ask your friends to help. Tweet about this, tag it on Tumblr.

Let's really give this our all ALL the way until the ballot ends.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to discourage fun discussions about movesets and stages and colors, but we should keep in mind that we should also be making the votes happen.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Trying to muster many votes...

Hey is it possible for me to have separate votes on the US Ballot, UK Ballot and other Ballots? (y'know just askin'...)

I told my sister (also a GS fan) to vote for Isaac on all devices in her access but she is lazy so I don't think I got the 10 extra votes so far >.<

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Just got to the thread, so I'm a bit behind in converstion. For the Final Smash, I was thinking Isaac uses the Titan blade/Ragnrok/Odyssey to initiate the final smash, and opponents hit get blasted to a cutscene of a summon (preferably Judgement imo), like Mega Man's BH Bomb leading to the Mega Men combination attack. Any one of these attacks not used for initiation can easily be used as a special or smash attack.

Last edited:

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
I don't want to discourage fun discussions about movesets and stages and colors, but we should keep in mind that we should also be making the votes happen.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Isaac-for-Super-Smash-Brothers-4/280064365342820

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/

https://www.facebook.com/GoldenSun4Camelot

We should get everyone we can from these Isaac Smash 4/GS4 supporters to vote for Isaac as many times as they can muster!

I think the OP should be edited to include a step by step guide to maximize one person's votes using several devices

Last edited:

Supersmash77

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, I've looked around this thread a couple of times here and there but ever since the ballot was announced I've been reading the most recent pages from the thread I have to say 1. It looks like all of you are doing a great job of getting Isaac's name out there 2.(on a somewhat side note) I was pleasantly surprised to see how many people around the internet said they were going to vote for Isaac because I honestly didn't know if he was that popular or not and 3. ISAAC FTW!!!!!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Found this poll to indicate popularity between the top 2 over at GameFAQs:

Which would you rather be playable? - Results (295 votes)
K. Rool
51.53%
152 Votes

Isaac
48.47%
143 Votes

Not bad, not bad at all! :D

Pretty crazy how in many places Isaac is finally finally being treated like an expected choice instead of an outside shot! ^_^

Do you guys know how many characters will be in smash with this ballot? Actually i'd like others characters besides Isaac too :ohwell:
The most we can do is guess at this point. And feel free to vote for as many characters as you like, but try to do it from different machines!

There are some palette swaps in the OP, but I dunno if they're what you're looking for.

How would you suggest going about doing that?

I think the OP should be edited to include a step by step guide to maximize one person's votes using several devices
I don't mind discussion about it casually, but putting steps about how to cheat the poll in the OP is a little shady for my liking. :x

Hello everyone, I've looked around this thread a couple of times here and there but ever since the ballot was announced I've been reading the most recent pages from the thread I have to say 1. It looks like all of you are doing a great job of getting Isaac's name out there 2.(on a somewhat side note) I was pleasantly surprised to see how many people around the internet said they were going to vote for Isaac because I honestly didn't know if he was that popular or not and 3. ISAAC FTW!!!!!
Yeah Isaac's popularity seems to have spiked yet again, which is great to see! Most places seem to be treating him second to only K. Rool as far as newcomers go!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Found this poll to indicate popularity between the top 2 over at GameFAQs:

Which would you rather be playable? - Results (295 votes)
K. Rool
51.53%
152 Votes

Isaac
48.47%
143 Votes

Not bad, not bad at all! :D

Pretty crazy how in many places Isaac is finally finally being treated like an expected choice instead of an outside shot! ^_^

The most we can do is guess at this point. And feel free to vote for as many characters as you like, but try to do it from different machines!
If we can get people to think that Isaac is expected, then his votes will increase exponentially! Kinda like how popularity of some characters increased post Gematsu.

Funnily enough, thinking that he is likelier might increase his votes making him likelier in the first place. People want to say "I told you so", and support a character everyone else is supporting! Maybe that can turn out to our advantage.

Let's spread the word that Isaac is EXTREMELY likely for Sm4sh DLC! :p

(Or just get Camelot to say again that they are interested in making a GS4)

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Trying to muster many votes...

Hey is it possible for me to have separate votes on the US Ballot, UK Ballot and other Ballots? (y'know just askin'...)

I told my sister (also a GS fan) to vote for Isaac on all devices in her access but she is lazy so I don't think I got the 10 extra votes so far >.<
I think it is, at least I've been voting on both the PT and the US ballots in every device I get my hands on (never voted on the Japanese one 'cause I don't trust google translator).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm working on a little something at the moment. I'm not that great an artist so it's more humourous (I hope) than anything else.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm working on a little something at the moment. I'm not that great an artist so it's more humourous (I hope) than anything else.
Nah it's completely fine. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I wish I was a better artist. Would have spammed Miiverse with awesome Vote for Isaac pics :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Nah it's completely fine. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I wish I was a better artist. Would have spammed Miiverse with awesome Vote for Isaac pics :)
It's not really original content. (I'm using an official picture of Isaac with a picture from a tv show and mixing them together in GIMP) I hope that's alright. It's making sense in my head right now anyway. :p

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
It's not really original content. (I'm using an official picture of Isaac with a picture from a tv show and mixing them together in GIMP) I hope that's alright. It's making sense in my head right now anyway. :p
Looking forward for the final result. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom