• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Pretty crazy how in many places Isaac is finally finally being treated like an expected choice instead of an outside shot! ^_^
I've certainly noticed that, too. For the first time ever Isaac is in the forefront!

Sadly, it still may not mean much. How many times have we seen popular characters be disregarded? Hopefully since this is all about suggestions it will mean something, though.

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
Imagine how rare the Isaac amiibo would be if he is playable?
EDIT: Am I overdoing it a bit? Isaac was the character I most wanted in Smash 4 besides from Shulk.

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
How would you suggest going about doing that?
Like I said above; We have to be voting on every device we can use at any place we can use, and continue to network our votes by asking friends and family to support Isaac in the ballot.

As silly as it sounds, I actually do think going into a Mac store and voting on every computer and ipad inside is a pretty good idea, especially if multiple people on this thread do that. That's at LEAST 30 votes per person if not more.

And we have to be really diligent about doing this sort of thing all the way up until the Ballot ends. We're not done mustering votes until the Ballot is over. Try to get as many votes as you can every day. I for one, am going to vote on every computer at my school's computer lab today.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Like I said above; We have to be voting on every device we can use at any place we can use, and continue to network our votes by asking friends and family to support Isaac in the ballot.
And then triple that by voting on the British and Australian polls as well.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble maybe our Portugese, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Dutch friends could write out a fairly basic reason for the smash ballot, along with Isaac and Golden Sun's names in their language. Just something fairly short, if Nintendo get a heap of identical full 500 word answers it will be much more suspicious than a heap of identical 1 sentence answers.

If we can get that, then we have 11 votes each per device.
That could really tip the scales.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman

If it wouldn't be too much trouble maybe our Portugese, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Dutch friends could write out a fairly basic reason for the smash ballot, along with Isaac and Golden Sun's names in their language. Just something fairly short, if Nintendo get a heap of identical full 500 word answers it will be much more suspicious than a heap of identical 1 sentence answers.

Isaac's name in French is Vlad. And Hans in spanish (thanks to wiki).

Here is the french ballot : https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/fr/

I wonder why french needs the surname where the english website doesn't need it ?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've certainly noticed that, too. For the first time ever Isaac is in the forefront!

Sadly, it still may not mean much. How many times have we seen popular characters be disregarded? Hopefully since this is all about suggestions it will mean something, though.
I suppose on the other end, since this is the first time Isaac is at the forefront we don't know how Sakurai will respond to that. Also they will be selling these characters individually, so it's really in Nintendo's best interest to include characters that are going to create a buzz.

Just be glad he's not in Ridley's position.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

I can write some reasons in Portuguese why Isaac should be playable, as well as Portuguese names (since the ballot requires those).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's something I was thinking about that makes me feel a little more comfortable with the Japanese vote.

Isaac is probably performing better in the Japanese poll than Little Mac did in the past. Since many Japanese players didn't even recognize Little Mac when he was confirmed.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
In relation to my last post it seems Golden Sun is called exactly that in every western country, no translations or anything (as I should have expected really). Asides from Spain, France and Japan it seems Isaac is also called Isaac (or Issac :p) everywhere.

I'll finish off the last of my English votes (on my devices anyway) tomorrow, then get a start on the others when localized reasons are available.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Is the title of the game "Golden Sun" in other countries as well? We can change his name all we want but if the game is called something different our votes may be discredited...

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Also, do we need to enter the reason why in the box? That'll be tough if we don't speak the language.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Also, do we need to enter the reason why in the box? That'll be tough if we don't speak the language.
That's why I'm willing to help anyone on the Portuguese ballot.

If anyone here wants to submit their Isaac vote to the Portuguese ballot, just tag me or pm me and I'll give you easily a Portuguese name as well as translated (or made by myself) reasons to why Isaac should be a fighter.

Lone (Thirteenth)

Smash Rookie
Is the title of the game "Golden Sun" in other countries as well? We can change his name all we want but if the game is called something different our votes may be discredited...
The game is called Golden Sun in Spain despite several characters' names being changed. I'd assume it's the same for France and Germany as well.

I'm dubious as to whether votes in different languages from the same IP will count but if you want to try, here's a couple short Spanish paragraphs you can choose to paste as reasons for Isaac to get in (remember to write "Hans" instead of "Isaac" as the requested character):

1: ¡Golden Sun es una de mis franquicias favoritas de la GBA, y de toda la historia de Nintendo! Se merece ser representada en Smash, sobre todo después de no tener siguiera un ayudante en las versiones de Wii U y 3DS. Hans sería un personaje genial y muy único, con las invocaciones, psinergías y Djinns de la serie.

2: Hans ha sido mi candidato favorito para Smash Bros. desde que jugé Golden Sun de pequeño, antes incluso de que saliera Brawl. Tiene potencial infinito para tener ataques completamente únicos y lo merece de sobra, al ser el protagonista de una serie de RPGs tan buena. En Smash Wii U y 3DS se incluyeron dos canciones de Golden Sun, sí… ¡pero un personaje jugable de la saga es lo que de verdad queremos! ¡¡El Sol Dorado se alzará de nuevo!!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dutch ballot is my speciality, but don't feel obligated to ask me because I fill in the Dutch ballot in English as well. You could state you're doing the ballot in English simply because that'll be better received, as Japanese will in 99,98% of the cases speak English more fluently than Dutch.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Dutch ballot is my speciality, but don't feel obligated to ask me because I fill in the Dutch ballot in English as well. You could state you're doing the ballot in English simply because that'll be better received, as Japanese will in 99,98% of the cases speak English more fluently than Dutch.
I don't think that's how it works.

I doubt that they actually send all the ballots to Japan. They probably translate from whatever the language native to the region is, to japanese, and then all those japanese votes are read by Nintendo. Possibly through some sort of keyword filter, so they can filter out all the Gokus and Narutos and Master Chiefs.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Although to be honest, even though I think we should vote on these things when we see them, it's probably not that important. Just because a bunch of us all push Isaac to the front, it doesn't actually mean that anyone besides us actually voted for him.

Except for us-- The people who already voted for him 20 times.

Lone (Thirteenth)

Smash Rookie
Yeah, but it's always good to have him at the very top just so as many people as possible know he's an extremely viable candidate. You know, exposure. And stuff. Voters on that poll will see the results, so that's something.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Can you really get away with voting on different language pages with the same public IP?
I think not ^^ I'm an sofwtare developper, and in my opinion all the datas will go to the same database, and the double IP will be clearly visible.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Not that it is really going to matter but posted my vote nonetheless.

Now to just try the other language official Smash voting sites.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
I think not ^^ I'm an sofwtare developper, and in my opinion all the datas will go to the same database, and the double IP will be clearly visible.
Is that the case for different devices in the same home as well? Is there a way to easily change your IP address? These are things everyone on the board has to know. We have to find a really efficient way of doing this.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So this other poll does not have any consequences for our Earth Adept, eh? Just something a reddit/4chan poster put up?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sorry dear, wasn't on that moment.
No worries, it didn't matter that much anyway.

As silly as it sounds, I actually do think going into a Mac store and voting on every computer and ipad inside is a pretty good idea, especially if multiple people on this thread do that. That's at LEAST 30 votes per person if not more.

And we have to be really diligent about doing this sort of thing all the way up until the Ballot ends. We're not done mustering votes until the Ballot is over. Try to get as many votes as you can every day. I for one, am going to vote on every computer at my school's computer lab today.
I think a lot of people here have voted on multiple devices already. And we continue to advocate doing that as well, so it's not like we're just lazing around.

Having an active place to discuss Isaac is helpful and important too, even if the topic isn't always about grabbing more votes. Because there will come times between now and October that the conversation in here will veer away from the ballot.

Although to be honest, even though I think we should vote on these things when we see them, it's probably not that important. Just because a bunch of us all push Isaac to the front, it doesn't actually mean that anyone besides us actually voted for him.

Except for us-- The people who already voted for him 20 times.
Exposure -> Popularity -> Expectation -> More Popularity

It all helps.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Once again I want to be clear that I don't want to discourage talk about him as a character or fun stuff. I know that will obviously make for some really fun discussions.

All I'm saying is that in the end, regardless of everything else, the only thing that matters is how many votes Golden Boy has.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There'll be one Isaac amiibo per store and Golden Sun fans will have to fight each other in order to claim it.

and then after the winner is announced they get handed a Mario Amiibo by the clerk and get told "Isaac Amiibo? No we don't have any of that."

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
There'll be one Isaac amiibo per store and Golden Sun fans will have to fight each other in order to claim it.

and then after the winner is announced they get handed a Mario Amiibo by the clerk and get told "Isaac Amiibo? No we don't have any of that."
You forgot to add that Isaac will be a store exclusive.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dunno if this has been posted already, and there's not much to it, but it was made by a fellow Isaac supporter, so I figured I'd share it. Maybe you can share it somewhere too:

To be fair it's possible popularity has never meant as much as it does now.

Once again I want to be clear that I don't want to discourage talk about him as a character or fun stuff. I know that will obviously make for some really fun discussions.

All I'm saying is that in the end, regardless of everything else, the only thing that matters is how many votes Golden Boy has.
Yeah, the votes are what matters, but there are many ways to go about accruing the popularity which translates to voting power.

Lone (Thirteenth)

Smash Rookie
I wonder how many people see "Isaac" in these lists and polls and think "The Binding Of". Since other indie characters like Shovel Knight are often near the top of the lists as well.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I wonder how many people see "Isaac" in these lists and polls and think "The Binding Of". Since other indie characters like Shovel Knight are often near the top of the lists as well.
If the poll does not state which Isaac they are talking about, then that means more votes for us.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
To be fair it's possible popularity has never meant as much as it does now.
I agree. This is a rather different situation from earlier speculation altogether. We're speculating characters that will be added as paid DLC; they have to stand on their own and convince those that already have the game that they're worth purchasing. And what characters are most likely to sell well? Those that have very high demand, the ones who are the most popular. This isn't the time for unorthodox choices like Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt; this is the time for choices like Little Mac, Mega Man, and Mewtwo, characters with so much demand that they'll be certain to sell themselves. This ballot will give Sakurai the chance to see just who the fans want to see most, and as long as those desired characters fit the Smash criteria, I'd say they have a pretty good shot. At this point, sheer popularity is going to be a critical factor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom