• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Well, Isaac's not too far behind Banjo.
Even though we might lose this one, as I said, the largest numbers of voters in the end for the big ballot will rather come from sites like Reddit, GameFAQs and our beloved Smashboards. And Isaac is a fan favourite on pretty much all of those.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's not fair. First it was my third most wanted vs. my second. Now it's my second vs. my first. >_<

Yes, Banjo is my most wanted character, not Isaac. Though I've chosen to run with Isaac because I honestly think he has a real shot, whereas I still have a hard time picturing Nintendo wanting to include a competitor's character even if M$ is fine with it.

Last edited:

Lone (Thirteenth)

Smash Rookie
Wow, the Isaac v Banjo poll is actually not going too bad. Only 15 points behind right now, 133 v 148. I expected to see a much bigger difference in Banjo's favor.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's not fair. First it was my third most wanted vs. my second. Now it's my second vs. my first. >_<

Yes, Banjo is my most wanted character, not Isaac. Though I've chosen to run with Isaac because I honestly think he has a real shot, whereas I still have a hard time picturing Nintendo wanting to include a competitor's character even if M$ is fine with it.
I know it was kind of annoying.

On one end it's Isaac vs Inkling and then on the other it was Quote vs. Cooking Mama. :/

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We can't afford to lose even one front because that's a chance however miniscule he won't make it OwO

We need to win 4chan!!!
Isaac won't pass K. Rool, and I won't vote for Isaac over K. Rool either. That is where I draw my limit. I do, however, want Isaac to get to the final round. If he can beat Banjo, he can get to the end.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'll definitely be voting for Banjo over K Rool if it comes to it.

It's looking tough, that 47%/53% ratio between Isaac and Banjo doesn't want to budge.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Voted for Isaac. If we end up with Isaac vs K.Rool, I'll still vote for Isaac, however, if we end up with Banjo vs K. Rool. Rool will get my vote, 'cause three 3rd party characters in Nintendo all-stars are enough imo. (Although I would really like to see Zero and Lloyd Irving).

Doesn't help that his Japanese name is literally "Robin". That shouldn't matter too much though.
Robin's japanese name is Reflet, so no big deal.

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
I put in my vote for Isaac on both. If only Camelot Software Planning had a Twitter account and supported Isaac being in Smash then it would have been interesting

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
If you guys are on come vote for Isaac.
On the Straw Poll? Already did.

On the official Smash Ballot? I'm going all out tonight. The business/technology building and its computer labs are open on weekends here on campus, and if each vote for Isaac is restricted to just one per IP address... :evil:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I put in my vote for Isaac on both. If only Camelot Software Planning had a Twitter account and supported Isaac being in Smash then it would have been interesting
Well at least they don't need to do that to jumpstart the demand like some of the others who have tweeted. Though I think Nintendo devs probably know better than to do that, third-parties are another story.

On the Straw Poll? Already did.

On the official Smash Ballot? I'm going all out tonight. The business/technology building and its computer labs are open on weekends here on campus, and if each vote for Isaac is restricted to just one per IP address... :evil:
I meant the straw poll but that sounds like a helluva plan, good luck! :awesome:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Dang, the activity in this thread has absolutely skyrocketed over the past few days. [Shrugs] Not that I'm complaining. This is one of the very few threads in Smashboards that I pay constant attention to.

To be perfectly honest, if the Banjo-Kazooie series has no future with Nintendo consoles, then I'd rather not have Banjo in Smash, since he'd ultimately be promoting a competitor's products. That said, however, I don't have anything personal against Banjo (haven't even played the games). The same thing bothered me about Solid Snake when he was first revealed for Brawl. Despite having appeared on Nintendo in the past, Metal Gear is largely affiliated with Sony. [Shrugs] But that's just mine opinion.

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
WE MUST SLAY THE BEAR AND BIRD FOR WEYARD lol

Seriously if Isaac is in the chances for Golden Sun 4 on 3DS skyrocket

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sadly, seems that Isaac lost to Banjo, but it was a lot closer than I thought it'd be.

I think that K. Rool will win this poll.
I figured from the start. The only real competition K. Rool has would've been Banjo and Isaac. Well, that depends, seems like Wonder Red is doing way better than I'd expect... he seems to be matching up to Banjo well.

Seriously? ;-;

Nu-uh I want GS4 to happen >~< unfortunately it's not like Banjo Threeie will happen <~>
Honestly, I'd say GS4 happening is still fairly likely. We have no idea what Camelot is up to. It may very well be what they're working on right now.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think that K. Rool will win this poll.
I do too. I just meant Banjo took the round.

And nothing against K. Rool, but if this really is going to result in unanimous votes from 4chan, it shouldn't be for the character who is already clearly leading the pack. Ah well.

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
My idea is that if GS4 was digital only you could start the game with Dark Dawn in your system and it would pull your save file, like Pokemon Dream Radar and Poke Transfer, so GS4 could carry over your stats still.

I guess we could explain the fact DD doesnt transfer from TLA by saying Isaac and co got frickin old XD

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Honestly, I hope GS4 doesn't have any content that requires you to transfer data from Dark Dawn. Because then I'd have to play through Dark Dawn again to get all the one-chance Djinn I missed.

Oh, and I voted for Isaac on that Straw Poll thing, the ones that pitted him against Inkling and Banjo. Are there any other polls?

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Remember how Camelot representatives talked about a fourth Golden Sun being possible if the fans raise unleash their voices and let out a howl for it? This is exactly what we're doing, no, what we've been doing the past two and a half years.
I don't know how much of an influence the Smashboards, say, we, had in keeping the interest in this character and this series as a whole alive - but in the end, should they agree and make a new Golden Sun, it would also happen due to everyone being active in here, spreading the word and love for those great games.
It's up to us to let the sun rise a fourth time.

Last edited:

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
I personally DO hope it does require a transfer for some content because it would be a reasonable excuse to ramp up the difficulty back to TLA levels

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i posted that banner on my facebook page. just to try to get more support elsewhere.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly, I hope GS4 doesn't have any content that requires you to transfer data from Dark Dawn. Because then I'd have to play through Dark Dawn again to get all the one-chance Djinn I missed.

Oh, and I voted for Isaac on that Straw Poll thing, the ones that pitted him against Inkling and Banjo. Are there any other polls?
Nah, Isaac is out of the running now, lost to Banjo.

Remember how Camelot representatives talked about a fourth Golden Sun being possible if the fans raise unleash their voices and let out a howl for it? This is exactly what we're doing, no, what we've been doing the past two and a half years.
I don't know how much of an influence the Smashboards, say, we, had in keeping the interest in this character and this series as a whole alive - but in the end, should they agree and make a new Golden Sun, it would also happen due to everyone being active in here, spreading the word and love for those great games.
It's up to us to let the sun rise a fourth time.
If nothing else I sure hope Camelot/Nintendo recognize all the clamoring for Isaac means people still care about GS.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Too bad Isaac lost that Strawpoll, but this is not Ragnarok yet people.

I was going to post that Strawpoll link on twitter under #IsaacForSmash but guess it's too late now.

Dang, the activity in this thread has absolutely skyrocketed over the past few days. [Shrugs] Not that I'm complaining. This is one of the very few threads in Smashboards that I pay constant attention to.

To be perfectly honest, if the Banjo-Kazooie series has no future with Nintendo consoles, then I'd rather not have Banjo in Smash, since he'd ultimately be promoting a competitor's products. That said, however, I don't have anything personal against Banjo (haven't even played the games). The same thing bothered me about Solid Snake when he was first revealed for Brawl. Despite having appeared on Nintendo in the past, Metal Gear is largely affiliated with Sony. [Shrugs] But that's just mine opinion.
Nope. I have the exact same opinion here.

Not against Banjo or Snake but not really interested to see them in Smash since they don't belong on Nintendo consoles. Banjo is now going to be Microsoft only while Metal Gear is mostly Sony. Although they are dipping on Xbox One and PC this time around but still no Nintendo.

walph

Smash Rookie
Hello guys
i'm new here and...i think i made an account just to tell i would like to see Isaac in smash.
I casted 10 votes and some people are helping me too. And i am doing a propagation every day for Isaac. everytime I get a different system (like a pc, tablet etc) i go to smashbros to cast a new vote.
I hope we get Isaac with our effort :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hello guys
i'm new here and...i think i made an account just to tell i would like to see Isaac in smash.
I casted 10 votes and some people are helping me too. And i am doing a propagation every day for Isaac. everytime I get a different system (like a pc, tablet etc) i go to smashbros to cast a new vote.
That's awesome! Always great to hear about more Isaac support! ^_^

And welcome to the forums!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hello guys
Nice to have more supporters joining us! Thanks for all the votes!

Welcome to Smashboards, or more specifically, the now #IsaacForSmash thread where we encourage people to let out a howl for Golden Sun!

Link to the straw poll?
It ended. You're too late.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah. :(

Though the same thing can be said about any character who isn't Wonder Red. So really... it's just 4chan being 4chan.
Which is why those goons should not be taken seriously, at all. You get what I am saying?

Top Bottom