• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
@TrueBlueWarrior can you add me to the supporters list too please? I really want Isaac in the game too :D

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
We could also have items, for example, the potion will heal all of your % (good for those that have +150% :yeahboi::troll:)

Bramble seed would also be a cool item (when it hits the opponent, various vines will sprout underneath) and Oil Drop (when it hits, a column of fire hits the target).

As for team battles, the mist potion could heal 60% to all team members.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I would love Djinn to be an item, as well.
I think it will be more cool if they were assist trophies. =D

Wolf is actually another character I would love to join the roster, but since I want Isaac too much I'm showing 100% support to Isaac because I think Wolf will make it anyway =/

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That's a pretty good idea, they could walk around the stage like Mr. Saturn and be picked up and thrown at fighters, and if it hits it would summon the first level summon of that Djinn's element and deal a good bit of damage to them.
Add to that, while they wander around the stage, they occasionally cast Psynergy. So, unlike Mr. Saturn, you can't just ignore them. A Venus Djinni will randomly cast Bramble, Jupiter Djinni might cast Gust, etcetera.

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
And Isaac could possibly set Venus Djinn with his neutral B for extra power like I said.

I want to start this discussion, is it possible we might get Felix and/or Matthew as "Character Swaps" (Olimar/Alph is an example)?
I designed my ideal moveset with all three characters in mind

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
I want to start this discussion, is it possible we might get Felix and/or Matthew as "Character Swaps" (Olimar/Alph is an example)?
I designed my ideal moveset with all three characters in mind
I really want it to happen and it's very possible that they could do it, but I'm not sure if they will do it. I really would like to see Felix as 1 of Isaac's alts so I can play as my favorite venus adept, but Isaac comes first.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Awesome. Thanks. Have to go edit a couple account details on other forums now. :)

Wait, why isn't it showing? Do I not have display signature on or something?

Last edited:

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
View attachment 46038

What do you guys think?
Could you consider making alternative versions of the poster for different languages?.

Isaac is one of those characters that has a huge language barrier because of his different name localizations (aka Hans for Spanish, Vlad for French and Robin for Japan)

Here is the message on different languages, with their respective language site (keep the harshtag the same for all)

-投票ロビン - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/
-VOTA HANS - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/es/
-VOTEZ VLAD - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/fr/

That way we can share the posters on different languages as well

PD: I wonder if they count Vlad and Hans votes on the reddit polls, :S

Last edited:

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
I voted for Isaac the day after the Ballot was confirmed.
I stated that Isaac could have a very unique moveset and could give Golden Sun more representation just like Xenoblade Chronicles, Fire Emblem and Mother/Earthbound.
I think Isaac's moveset is going to be a mix of Robin's and Shulk's but not make him a clone. Also I found this pic.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Could you consider making alternative versions of the poster for different languages?.

Isaac is one of those characters that has a huge language barrier because of his different name localizations (aka Hans for Spanish, Vlad for French and Robin for Japan)

Here is the message on different languages, with their respective language site (keep the harshtag the same for all)

-投票ロビン - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/
-VOTA HANS - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/es/
-VOTEZ VLAD - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/fr/

That way we can share the posters on different languages as well

PD: I wonder if they count Vlad and Hans votes on the reddit polls, :S
Good idea~
IsaacPosterES.png
IsaacPosterFR.png
IsaacPosterJP.png

Sit tight for the sig versions.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Thanks for continuing your hard work on this, @ N3ON N3ON , it's much appreciated.

Though, seriously, why isn't my signature showing up under my posts?! It shows up just fine in Conversations, but I can't see it here. :(

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Thanks for continuing your hard work on this, @ N3ON N3ON , it's much appreciated.

Though, seriously, why isn't my signature showing up under my posts?! It shows up just fine in Conversations, but I can't see it here. :(
It only shows up on your first post on a Thread page.
If you go up it's right there.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It'll all be worthwhile if Isaac gets included. ^_^

And if not, at least I can go cry in the corner Sakurai will be aware of his demand for next time.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
My signature need a update!!!

WERE REACHING 300 PAGES!? THAT WAS QUICK!!!

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
If you want to add one more language, I've heard the german Golden Sun community appears to be pretty active as of late.
"Stimme für Isaac!" would be the way to go, though I do wonder how well a sentence that long in comparison would fit on the banner.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you want to add one more language, I've heard the german Golden Sun community appears to be pretty active as of late.
"Stimme für Isaac!" would be the way to go, though I do wonder how well a sentence that long in comparison would fit on the banner.
Is Isaac actually called Isaac in Germany?

Also, I don't speak German, but it'd be Stimme Isaac, right? I mean I haven't been using Vote for Isaac or Votez pour Vlad or anything.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Is Isaac actually called Isaac in Germany?

Also, I don't speak German, but it'd be Stimme Isaac, right? I mean I haven't been using Vote for Isaac or Votez pour Vlad or anything.
Yeah, it's his name over there as well. Though just "Stimme Isaac" would be wrong. Unlike in English, that sentence needs the pronoun "für" (for) to make sense. That just happens to be one of that language's stupid quirks.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well there's a difference between making sense and being grammatically correct.

"Vote Isaac" isn't grammatically correct but still makes sense. Even if it wasn't gramatically correct, would Germans still be able to makes sense out of "Stimme Isaac"?

I'd rather keep the same structure throughout.

Lone (Thirteenth)

Smash Rookie
Hey all. I've been following this thread and a few others here in Smashboards for well over a year now and even made an account at one point, but never got around to actually posting anything. Oops. Anyway, Isaac has been my #1 candidate ever since the Brawl days - I voted for him as soon as the Direct ended and plan on doing the same thing with all computers I come across. This might be our last chance!

Awesome work on those banners, N3ON. I'll post them around the Spanish Smash community forums and try to snatch a few more votes for Isaac. He seems to be decently popular around these parts, but a little extra push is always nice.

Please add me to the support list when you can!

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Btw here are a lot of Golden Sun fans right? I really like these games except for one person:
KRADEN URGH

So I wonder...is there a fangame/hack which displays Kraden as the main villian? I hate his guts, especially after reading a harsh review blog about the Golden Sun games(didn't change my opinion about this game of course)

Also "Stimme Isaac" doesn't make sense(it means "Voice Isaac"), "Stimme für Isaac" must be put up in the banner

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
The german language likes to tediously overcomplicate every sentence it could possibly form. I'm pretty sure the banner's message wouldn't fall on deaf ears either way with the link to the ballot, the hashtag at the bottom and whatnot.

If you really want to keep the same structure, you could go with "Wähl' Isaac" as well. Though you don't hear that as much in everyday German for what it's worth.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ach du lieber -_-;

IsaacPosterDE.png

IsaacSigDE.png

You Germans and your abundance of letters. :p

Hey all. I've been following this thread and a few others here in Smashboards for well over a year now and even made an account at one point, but never got around to actually posting anything. Oops. Anyway, Isaac has been my #1 candidate ever since the Brawl days - I voted for him as soon as the Direct ended and plan on doing the same thing with all computers I come across. This might be our last chance!

Awesome work on those banners, N3ON. I'll post them around the Spanish Smash community forums and try to snatch a few more votes for Isaac. He seems to be decently popular around these parts, but a little extra push is always nice.

Please add me to the support list when you can!
Thank you!! Always helps to spread the Isaac love!

@True Blue Warrior handles the list though.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I heard mention of blonde generic anime characters with swords so I was directed here. :troll:

I'm really liking how active it is here now, with all these signatures and stuff. Keep it up guys!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's very nice how active things have been, but all the threads will eventually go back to how they were prior to the poll when people realize we're not going to find out what's going to come of it for probably like half a year. :rolleyes::laugh:

inb4 people as for Cloud Strife too.

Anyway, this is a cool thing I saw on tumblr. Dunno who made it though.
View attachment 46075
That's pretty neat! Isaac fans make some great stuff.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It would be really cool if somebody from Japan who loved Isaac was here. We could get them to promote Isaac over there. They could help make a banner for Japan.

The Japanese vote scares me to be honest. It's the one thing I feel could really damage Isaac's big chance.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
http://strawpoll.me/4049926

This is for 4chan's tourney thing. Normally I wouldn't care but apparently 4chan will flood the poll with ballots for the winner. This isn't the final round or anything, but currently Inkling is winning this matchup.

So let's hop to it! We need to even things out!

Last edited:
Top Bottom