• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree. As long as Isaac and K. Rool are towards the top I'm confident they'd be picked. They are by far the most viable DLC candidates with long-running support and plenty of potential for their franchises to continue.

I must say, that would suck for the Smash fans whom live in the same house or flat, and share a computer--especially if each of them want to vote for a different character. That's the only reason I can think of why Nintendo might not limit the Ballot to one vote per IP. [Shrugs] In the end, though, I don't even know whether that's the case. All it says on the website is "one vote per person". So for all we know, people could submit as many votes as they wanted, so long as the submissions do not share the same nickname.
Except nickname is not an option in NA. I'd bet its probably per IP per device. The public IP of one household is the same, but each device has its own IP address.

Oh, as far as stages go, I do NOT think we'll get stage-specific DLC stages (only exception is Miiverse, it'll be Wii U exclusive). Future stages will probably be the same on both versions, except with maybe a gimmick cut out on 3DS. Venus Lighthouse is the most ideal candidate, but Elemental Stars Chamber would also be amazing.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, some less than ideal news came out.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...e-character-is-eligible-for-super-smash-bros/

Nintendo rep said that they would accept votes for any character.

I know that third parties are still less likely in general, but a lot of them are going to be getting a LOT of votes.
Nintendo just said they would accept votes for all characters, doesn't mean that their chances are going to increase significantly. They just said they people can vote for anything, which to be frank, is happening anyway.

Loads of people are putting troll votes, or votes for random 3rd parties or anime characters to get in the game.

In the end, Nintendo is most likely going to consider Nintendo franchises and the one or two closely related to Nintendo IPs like Bayonetta recently.

Isaac is still getting loads of votes from what I have seen from searching the internet recently. Golden Sun and Isaac fans are coming out of hiding, raising their voices for Isaac 4 Sm4sh!

Oh, as far as stages go, I do NOT think we'll get stage-specific DLC stages (only exception is Miiverse, it'll be Wii U exclusive). Future stages will probably be the same on both versions, except with maybe a gimmick cut out on 3DS. Venus Lighthouse is the most ideal candidate, but Elemental Stars Chamber would also be amazing.
To be honest, the Venus lighthouse theme and the Elemental Stars theme are the ones I want to hear in Smash the most, with grander renditions than before!

And if we get CG trailers for newcomers, Isaac's own battle theme will definitely be making an appearance.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nintendo just said they would accept votes for all characters, doesn't mean that their chances are going to increase significantly. They just said they people can vote for anything, which to be frank, is happening anyway.

Loads of people are putting troll votes, or votes for random 3rd parties or anime characters to get in the game.

In the end, Nintendo is most likely going to consider Nintendo franchises and the one or two closely related to Nintendo IPs like Bayonetta recently.

Isaac is still getting loads of votes from what I have seen from searching the internet recently. Golden Sun and Isaac fans are coming out of hiding, raising their voices for Isaac 4 Sm4sh!

To be honest, the Venus lighthouse theme and the Elemental Stars theme are the ones I want to hear in Smash the most, with grander renditions than before!

And if we get CG trailers for newcomers, Isaac's own battle theme will definitely be making an appearance.
Well, as far as music is concerned, I think ANY Golden Sun stage would have both tracks.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Jena's theme should also be added, it sounds awesome and is catchy imo.
This isn't from the original soundtrack, but this guy did a pretty good job.

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
Before I commence with the meat of my post, I have a question: Has anyone brought up Isaac's inclusion in the fan game Super Smash Flash 2 yet? It might provide some ideas as to how certain moves would look and work.

Note: I'm not yet able to post links, so please delete the spaces in all the URL's before attempting to use them.

Now, for stages, I have tons of ideas, which I think would all be great. Unfortunately for the more complex ones (which is most), their complexity makes them less feasible for DLC, in my opinion. Several of these could either be static (like Battlefield) or dynamic (like Skyloft). If they are only static, then they should be the most famous scenes I describe in my descriptions of dynamic stages below. All of this having been said, Nintendo has not said anything about adding stages, only characters, so this may all be for nothing. It's still fun to think about, however.

Elemental Stars Chamber: Could have some slick platforms (remember how Kraden slides around before asking Isaac and Garret to fetch the Stars?). Players might also be able to snatch the Stars, which would cause platforms to rise up. Once the last Star is taken, the chamber becomes violent in exactly the way it did in Golden Sun.

Mt. Aleph: This would be a dynamic stage that includes, in some capacity, the Elemental Stars Chamber stage, as well as the trap room that caused a storm and the boulder to fall when Saturos and Menardi's party botched their attempt at stealing the Elemental Stars. The stage would begin outside Sol Sanctum, then proceed to each important location inside it. I suppose this stage could proceed from there in one of two ways, each having a 50% chance of happening. If the trap isn't disarmed, the next part of the stage takes place in Vale at Jenna's house. It's raining hard and the boulder eventually falls and destroys part of the stage, creating a further water hazard. If the trap is disarmed, the stage proceeds to what is described above as the Elemental Stars Chamber stage. After either of these forks concludes, the stage restarts in front of Sol Sanctum.

Mercury Lighthouse: Several scenes with waterfalls and other water hazards occur on the way to the aerie. Some platforms pre-aerie could be temporary spots on the water, similar to how you can jump on the water a few times in the source game. At the aerie, the lighthouse is already seen to have been lit.

Venus Lighthouse: Pretty much a static stage, though I don't remember what it was like on the way to the aerie, so this could change. The lighthouse is ignited during the scene at the aerie, and this causes the platforms to suddenly jerk apart horizontally, as in the source game. There may also be a Fusion Dragon stage boss or hazard, which would not function like Ridley.

The Eastern Sea: Another stage similar to Skyloft, this time taking us on the journey to Lemuria. It would mostly visit the areas that contain the components of the Trident of Ankohl, with said components being collectible. The stage would not progress until they are collected. After all pieces of the Trident are collected, the stage proceeds to Champa, where the Trident is restored. The player who collects the Trident then has the option to use it in the next scene of the stage, in which Poseidon is attacking everyone on Piers's ship. When it is used, Poseidon is easily defeated and the stage progresses to Lemuria, which would just be a peaceful and beautiful final location, with the stage transitioning back to the beginning by way of Piers's ship departing the ancient city. Until the Trident is used, however, Poseidon tries to put the players in their, well... Watery Grave, you might say. The choice of when the Trident is used is entirely up to the player who possesses it (it can be knocked away from them, as with some other items), lending some strategy to the stage as a whole.

Jupiter Lighthouse: Wind hazards on the way to the aerie if this is a dynamic stage, and possibly Karst and Agatio as stage bosses or hazards. I don't remember if the aerie broke apart as the Venus aerie did, but this would be in if we actually saw it in the game or if the stage tours the inside of the lighthouse and goes to the aerie.

Prox: Horrible, horrible weather. This would be a very chaotic stage due to the weather conditions (snow, ice, and wind gusts), as well as very depressing. It would be a good anxiety-inducer, making someone feel like they sometimes do when the fight with a game's final boss is imminent.

Mars Lighthouse: This one would definitely be dynamic, as the encroachment of the edge of Weyard (the edge of the world, for those not in the know) would be threatening the base of the lighthouse -- a scene the players would fight in. A ways up the inside of the Lighthouse, players may encounter two Flame Dragons (mindless, transformed versions of Karst and Agatio). At the top, the Doom Dragon would be the same kind of boss or stage hazard that the Fusion Dragon was in the Venus Lighthouse stage. The stage would, following the Dragon's exit, break apart as the Venus Lighthouse did. The Golden Sun may or may not be shown, as it's not local to the Lighthouse. The stage would then transition back to the base of the Lighthouse.

Craggy Peak: I'm sure something interesting could be done with this. Music track here: https: //www. youtube .com/watch?v=LmKzfQYPOms

Alchemy Dynamo / Belinsk (post-Dynamo activation): Takes place before, during, and after the activation of the Alchemy Dynamo. Starts inside the Belinsk Ruins and tours up through Luna Tower. Music track here: https: //www. youtube .com/watch?v=VBRUkdXsxW8. Outside, may involve attacks by monsters of the Grave Eclipse, or at least have them terrorizing people in the background. Possible music track for an appropriate remix here: https: //www. youtube .com/watch?v=Vn8YCEEkhvU. The track would play after the Dynamo's activation and before escaping Belinsk in Briggs's ship.

Endless Wall / Apollo Ascent: It would take place during the Grave Eclipse, so the sky would be dark. Possible awesome music track here: https: //www. youtube .com/watch?v=dmuJfzikfe4. A dynamic stage, it would tour from the wall all the way up the Ascent.

Apollo Sanctum: A static stage, for once! Takes place at the top of the Apollo Sanctum, with -- and this is a first! -- light hazards. You have to do battle in the shadow of the giant statue or risk heavy, but no-knockback, damage from the intense light. May or may not include a Chaos Chimera stage boss or hazard. The ultimate stage music theme... here: https: //www. youtube .com/watch?v=tm2qJtImeNA.

One last possible stage element for wherever it fits: Alex. He should show up and waterspout parts of the stage, sending anyone hit by the waterspouts flying straight up.

I'm actually not a huge fan of Smash bosses. However, I really would like to see the Golden Sun boss characters semi-immortalized by being in Smash, and they would also give the stages more flavor. I suppose they would be a better idea if the stages are simplified, as far as a cut to the amount of touring (again, as in Skyloft) is concerned, but it's hard to make up my mind on what kind of balance would satisfy me with regard to both elements.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Another stage possibility:

Lemurian Ship:

Not exactly complex. But it would constantly fly around, lifted by Psynergy, and tour Weyard, letting us see all of Weyard in 3D. Imagine Gaia Falls, Air's Rock, or Lemuria as background elements.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I just watched the below video. I really like how they did Isaac's side special, with you being able to hit the opponent with the psychic hand. Isaac's neutral and down special are pretty interesting as well. Overall a solid moveset.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Jena's theme should also be added, it sounds awesome and is catchy imo.
This isn't from the original soundtrack, but this guy did a pretty good job.
No matter how much I love Jenna's theme, I doubt it would be making an appearance.

Unless Jenna and Isaac both make into Sm4sh :troll:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I always wanted his Final Smash to be Gaia Blade, or one of it's variants. Can't deny how cool it'd be to toss a giant sword from the sky and wreck house.

That said, I'm sure more people would prefer Judgement. That one is pretty badass too.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I always wanted his Final Smash to be Gaia Blade, or one of it's variants. Can't deny how cool it'd be to toss a giant sword from the sky and wreck house.

That said, I'm sure more people would prefer Judgement. That one is pretty badass too.
Personally, I feel Titan Blade is way too small for a Final Smash. That's more of a Side-Smash.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Personally, I feel Gaia Blade is way too small for a Final Smash. That's more of a Side-Smash.
How about all the summons for the Final Smash? That wouldn't be small at all :p

I will stick with my choice of Catastrophe though!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

You mean Titan Blade? Gaia Blade is the name of the weapon that unleashes the attack.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Ah. My mistake. Sorry, sometimes I get this stuff mixed up. But that's the move I'm talking about.
If I was to choose a Weapon Unleash for Isaac's Final Smash it would definitely by Meggido.

Cataclysmic enough to be a Final Smash while being iconic as the unleash of the strongest sword in the game , one that can only be wielded by one of the 2 Venus Adepts in TLA.

The Sol Blade also became semi-important to the plot in Dark Dawn.

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
If they were alternate costumes of each other, I could see Isaac wielding the Gaia Blade, and Matthew wielding the Sol Blade. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if they both just wielded a simple light blade.
Given that Shulk still uses the Monado 1 it would make sense for them to be using a simple sword.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
to celebrate this thread being so active again someone should make a video with darth vader dancing to the venus lighthouse theme!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Personally I feel it would be better to put a focus on Isaac's hand (utility) psynergy and earth manipulation abilities. That's what is really going to set Isaac apart.

Then have a few extra things like weapon unleashes from his sword, summoning Djinn (in fact I think it might be better if he just uses Djinn to attack rather than get some kind of boost since Shulk has already got that covered) and of course having an epic final smash with Judgement/Catastrophe.
I find it unobjectionably obnoxious that Isaac fans ould just 'ignore' the Djinn. He would NEED to use them to represent his game, and furthermore, they should amount to something reater. Of course, Judgement is his likely Final Smash, but his summoning of Djinn is a fairly important use of the games mechanics. Just imagine- he uses one Djinn, and he can summon a light attack. Two, and it becomes stronger,. Three, and it is the strongest!

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Man, i feel that the new harshtag we have isn't working. By just saying that on twitter i only found only one result with the harshtag, while clearly #Isaac4Smash and #IsaacForSmash has pore tweets.....so, better stick with one of those? o.o

BTW, do you checked the latest poll results of reddit? The third party support is looking stronger, even having Banjo at 3° place and Shovel Knight at 2° or even Shantae jumping a 9°. With the latest announcement that Nintendo allows third party votes and also the respective companies support, people gained confidence with their pics, and we posibly could lose votes without noticing it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...m4/pubchart?oid=1981029313&format=interactive

In other words, yeah, we are still strong, but we should not rest yet and keep spreading it on reddit, gamefaqs, facebook, twitter, etc.

FOR WEYARD!

PD: Add me on the support list?, :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I find it unobjectionably obnoxious that Isaac fans ould just 'ignore' the Djinn. He would NEED to use them to represent his game, and furthermore, they should amount to something reater. Of course, Judgement is his likely Final Smash, but his summoning of Djinn is a fairly important use of the games mechanics. Just imagine- he uses one Djinn, and he can summon a light attack. Two, and it becomes stronger,. Three, and it is the strongest!
Its difficult to suggest what he could use. Most think he should at the very least use a Djinn summon as his final smash.

Personally, one idea I had before is that three of his specials are djinn, and the third is summon. Summon whiffs if no djinn have been used. If you use one, two, or three of the djinn specials (counted SEPARATELY), then the summon will be the level 1, 2, or 3 djinn summon from Golden Sun. These should all be Venus djinn, of course.

They don't need to affect his stats, but each individual attack does less damage until the summon is used. Then his standards will be a mix of psynergy and a few sword attacks. For example, his side charge could be Ragnarok, his down charge could be Earthquake (naturally bigger the longer its charged), side air a weapon unleash (probably just a basic sword attack), and down air a small version of Titan Blade.

And naturally, his grabs should be hand attacks. he'd have a tether grab with catch, and can catch enemies at a distance and pull them towards him. Then he could throw them into the air and slap two hands into the enemy, crush the enemy with a fist for down through, or just "move" them away with a shot of move.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Its difficult to suggest what he could use. Most think he should at the very least use a Djinn summon as his final smash.

Personally, one idea I had before is that three of his specials are djinn, and the third is summon. Summon whiffs if no djinn have been used. If you use one, two, or three of the djinn specials (counted SEPARATELY), then the summon will be the level 1, 2, or 3 djinn summon from Golden Sun. These should all be Venus djinn, of course.

They don't need to affect his stats, but each individual attack does less damage until the summon is used. Then his standards will be a mix of psynergy and a few sword attacks. For example, his side charge could be Ragnarok, his down charge could be Earthquake (naturally bigger the longer its charged), side air a weapon unleash (probably just a basic sword attack), and down air a small version of Titan Blade.

And naturally, his grabs should be hand attacks. he'd have a tether grab with catch, and can catch enemies at a distance and pull them towards him. Then he could throw them into the air and slap two hands into the enemy, crush the enemy with a fist for down through, or just "move" them away with a shot of move.
I had a similar idea way earlier in the thread.

Only I had each special being a different Djinni. I think I had Isaac using Venus, Mars, and Jupiter Djinn, depending on which special it was. Each attack could only be used so many time, but stockpiled those Djinn to summon with. Then, when you summoned, it would be more powerful depending on the Djinn you had stockpiled. Since the multi-elemental summons are more powerful than the single-elemental ones, it encouraged variety as opposed to simple spamming to get the most out of Summon.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I had a similar idea way earlier in the thread.

Only I had each special being a different Djinni. I think I had Isaac using Venus, Mars, and Jupiter Djinn, depending on which special it was. Each attack could only be used so many time, but stockpiled those Djinn to summon with. Then, when you summoned, it would be more powerful depending on the Djinn you had stockpiled. Since the multi-elemental summons are more powerful than the single-elemental ones, it encouraged variety as opposed to simple spamming to get the most out of Summon.
I could see that as a possibility. I still prefer the idea of Isaac sticking specifically to Venus, though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I just believe synergy and Djinn, the biggest unique bits of Golden Sun, must be highly utilized.

Actually...his grab button working a bit like a fully functioning hand would be genius. Some might say it's giving him a whole New subset of specials, but he could be balanced around this. I think this works amazingly. His grab summons the hand, briefly, for one of a few commands. Genius and unique!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just believe synergy and Djinn, the biggest unique bits of Golden Sun, must be highly utilized.
I do agree that djinn could be integrated heavily. Its just another one of those things, deciding how to integrate them. Some think it'd be too complicated to use a large variety of Psynergy and also Djinn at the same time. Because GS is known for its Psynergy, especially its hand psynergy. Its also known for Djinn as well. Plus, Earth magic of any kind isn't really utilized in Smash yet, which pushes Isaac even further up on our lists.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I do agree that djinn could be integrated heavily. Its just another one of those things, deciding how to integrate them. Some think it'd be too complicated to use a large variety of Psynergy and also Djinn at the same time. Because GS is known for its Psynergy, especially its hand psynergy. Its also known for Djinn as well. Plus, Earth magic of any kind isn't really utilized in Smash yet, which pushes Isaac even further up on our lists.
Too complicated?

Nope. He uses Djinn, summoning at different levels, sword synergy for basic attacks, and summons a controllable hand as his gimmick with the grab button.

All else is wrong.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
What if Isaac utilizes Djinn as a trade-off like in his games? Isaac can use absurdly powerful Psynergy moves that have either a lot of utility or bountiful potential to kill at low percents, but each time he uses one, a Djinn leaves his body, lowering his stats overall and weakening the move on subsequent uses. Isaac essentially becomes about high-risk high-reward play, which is both a unique mechanic (or a better executed version of Robin's mechanic at worst) and a direct reference to his series.

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
I think Isaac could have Felix and Matthew as character swaps, akin to Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, since a good 80% of their powers overlap. It’s very practical since they’re so similar.

I am very very against Isaac using the Gaia Blade since it’s not the magical “Master Sword” of The Lost Age, nor anywhere near the most powerful- Both honors go to the Sol Blade, which is also a required item in Dark Dawn exclusively wielded by Matthew. My idea is that Isaac and Matthew would wield the Sol Blade while Felix would use the Gaia Blade, unless Felix also used the Sol Blade although I’d prefer he use Gaia Blade if Isaac’s Final Smash Isn’t Megiddo or Titan Blade
An idea I have for the moveset of these characters is:
Neutral B: Djinni Set
It would summon a Venus Djinni and Boost Isaac’s stats, Isaac can summon up to 4 Djinn at once, and the more that are set the higher his stats and the more powerful his B attacks. However, each B attack will expel 1 Djinni when it’s used, and you cannot summon a used Djinni for 30 seconds. The concept would be vaguely remnicent of Shulk’s Monado Arts.

Side B: Ragnarok
Isaac’s Sol Blade is powered up and unleashes a powerful lunge left or right; it’s possible it would be more visually similar to the “upgraded” Ragnarok in The Lost Age, Odessey.

Down B: Quake
A grounded attack that sends a shockwave to the left and right of Isaac; does nothing in Midair except kick up harmless dust

Up B: Growth
Ok this is a bit iffy but I’m thinking he could cause a giant pillar of thorny plants to shoot up from the ground in front of him and sending the enemy upward. As a recovery move, it becomes a tether vine in midair that Isaac throws.

Final Smash possibility 1: Judgement
Very, Very Popular choice, I think it would work like Shulk’s Final Smash as someone else here suggested.
Judgment would work for all three character swaps without issue, even if Felix uses Gaia Blade

Final Smash Possibility 2: Megiddo
Isaac would leap forward and cause a Smart Bomb like explosion when he lands, but much more powerful than a Smart Bomb. Unless it’s somehow changed for Felix’s costume, Felix would have to use the Sol Blade as well.

Or it can be like the Koopaling’s final smash and say “F*** continuity” despite it not being the Gaia Blade’s Power

All of the above moves, sans Megiddo for reasons I've stated, are shared by Isaac and Felix, and while I'm not 100% sure Matthew as well, so this would work if all three were Character Swaps Like Olimar/Alph

I'd like to know if this moveset is a good idea.

EDIT: Someone earlier in the thread also suggested his Grab be Move Psynergy. Dunno if that would work but that's an amazing idea!

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
I think it would go without saying that Isaac would be a sort of "Magical" Little Mac in a way. Since he's so earth based he'd have to try and stick to the ground often.

The difference being that he has lots of tools and utilities in place of raw power.

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
I think it would go without saying that Isaac would be a sort of "Magical" Little Mac in a way. Since he's so earth based he'd have to try and stick to the ground often.

The difference being that he has lots of tools and utilities in place of raw power.
If you noticed, two out of his three offensive B moves in my proposed moveset are rendered as doing sweet FA damage wise in midair based on that specific observation.

Also, Titan Blade looks nice, but from an objective standpoint:
  1. I cant see it as anything except a Final smash, where it is pretty much replaced by Judgment unless it works like Iceberg for Ice Climbers
  2. Megiddo is a freaking explosion. Consider that for a moment.
  3. Also consider the Sol Blade is akin to the master sword of Golden Sun in that it's exclusively wielded by Matthew and required to complete the game in Dark Dawn (Isaac wields it in The Lost Age as well)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see Isaac use the Djinn in that kind of way but I would have a concern that something like that might be considered too complex by Sakurai.

So I wouldn't get my hopes up for something like that....

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
0:06, I can see Odyssey doing for a pretty good final smash, however, if the first sword misses, then the attack won't be performed.

I don't really know much about Isaac but I decided to help you guys out in small ways. I also voted for Isaac :3

I changed the thread title of the Shulk social

Browny

Smash Hater
I VOTED FOR ISAAC

When he was cut from an assist trophy, despite Dark Dawn being released in the meantime this meant only one thing to me... DLC INCOMING. I believed in DLC before Mewtwo was even announced.

I still firmly believe he is in the works. While I actually expect that K. Rool might win the ballot, I do think that Isaac is still coming later on.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think Isaac could have Felix and Matthew as character swaps, akin to Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, since a good 80% of their powers overlap. It’s very practical since they’re so similar.

I am very very against Isaac using the Gaia Blade since it’s not the magical “Master Sword” of The Lost Age, nor anywhere near the most powerful- Both honors go to the Sol Blade, which is also a required item in Dark Dawn exclusively wielded by Matthew. My idea is that Isaac and Matthew would wield the Sol Blade while Felix would use the Gaia Blade, unless Felix also used the Sol Blade although I’d prefer he use Gaia Blade if Isaac’s Final Smash Isn’t Megiddo or Titan Blade
An idea I have for the moveset of these characters is:
Neutral B: Djinni Set
It would summon a Venus Djinni and Boost Isaac’s stats, Isaac can summon up to 4 Djinn at once, and the more that are set the higher his stats and the more powerful his B attacks. However, each B attack will expel 1 Djinni when it’s used, and you cannot summon a used Djinni for 30 seconds. The concept would be vaguely remnicent of Shulk’s Monado Arts.

Side B: Ragnarok
Isaac’s Sol Blade is powered up and unleashes a powerful lunge left or right; it’s possible it would be more visually similar to the “upgraded” Ragnarok in The Lost Age, Odessey.

Down B: Quake
A grounded attack that sends a shockwave to the left and right of Isaac; does nothing in Midair except kick up harmless dust

Up B: Growth
Ok this is a bit iffy but I’m thinking he could cause a giant pillar of thorny plants to shoot up from the ground in front of him and sending the enemy upward. As a recovery move, it becomes a tether vine in midair that Isaac throws.

Final Smash possibility 1: Judgement
Very, Very Popular choice, I think it would work like Shulk’s Final Smash as someone else here suggested.
Judgment would work for all three character swaps without issue, even if Felix uses Gaia Blade

Final Smash Possibility 2: Megiddo
Isaac would leap forward and cause a Smart Bomb like explosion when he lands, but much more powerful than a Smart Bomb. Unless it’s somehow changed for Felix’s costume, Felix would have to use the Sol Blade as well.

Or it can be like the Koopaling’s final smash and say “F*** continuity” despite it not being the Gaia Blade’s Power

All of the above moves, sans Megiddo for reasons I've stated, are shared by Isaac and Felix, and while I'm not 100% sure Matthew as well, so this would work if all three were Character Swaps Like Olimar/Alph

I'd like to know if this moveset is a good idea.

EDIT: Someone earlier in the thread also suggested his Grab be Move Psynergy. Dunno if that would work but that's an amazing idea!
Quite honestly, I couldn't are less what blade he uses. Emphasizing that feels like giving too much ammo to his anime sword hating group.

But the detail is important for specificity of design sure. He has no true definitive sword.

Top Bottom