• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Who do you imagine tweeting this that would bring it to the casuals on a major scale? Bigger than a Nintendo Direct and gaming sites reporting on it? I mean most casuals don't even follow games online, let alone after they've released.
I would guess that some casuals would find this news on Twitter/Facebook, since it would be trending very fast that people can now vote for SSB4 DLC characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I would guess that some casuals would find this news on Twitter/Facebook, since it would be trending very fast that people can now vote for SSB4 DLC characters.
Yeah it's true that it might've been trending, but it's not like it would stay trending or anything. Some casuals are to be expected.

Honestly my bigger concern would be Miiverse and their terrible terrible suggestions, some of which are actually valid, if not still terrible.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah it's true that it might've been trending, but it's not like it would stay trending or anything. Some casuals are to be expected.

Honestly my bigger concern would be Miiverse and their terrible terrible suggestions, some of which are actually valid, if not still terrible.
That is true. I cannot believe Miiverse was not mentioned in my last post.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Yeah you guys are probably right. It must just speak to my inability to grasp how so many people can spell that name wrong. xD
As someone who's name is Isaac, I've known my whole life how many people spell it wrong :T

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've actually spotted a number of people who said they voted for "Issac" and I saw one person who voted for "Isacc".

Oh boy....

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I just had this thought that a trailer with a fight between Isaac and Bayonetta would be pretty cool.

Picture it, Isaac summoning large meteorites and earthquakes to hit Bayonetta and she's jumping on them and running around them using witch time. She's probably one of the few characters that could deal with the heat Isaac could dish out, so they could be evenly matched for the trailer reveal.

Then again, new characters have never been revealed in the one trailer so I guess that's not possible.
Force vs. Wicked Punch! :awesome:

Also, Isaac and Bayonetta are similar in that they can both summon powerful beings to assist them in battle.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Well, whether the spelling is correct or not, I'm sure the dev team will understand who the vote is for as long as "Golden Sun" is the game name, lmao.
Whether it be Isaac, Issac, or Isacc (wat?), they all sound the same and there's only one Isaac in Golden Sun.

I'm honestly really excited to see how many people have been supporting Isaac. He's right up there with K. Rool, it looks like... which is super awesome.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Also, just a clarification, usually, Isaac referes to the 17 year old version, that is the main protagonist of GS1 and probalby the face of the series. The Dark Dawn version is Adult Isaac, which could work as an Isaac alt (although I would prefer Matthew).

As for the 14 year old version of Isaac, well, he was only part of the prologue, there isn't even official artwork of him, so yeah, the fact that Isaac as had two (or three) different aspects shouldn't really matter (just look at Ike, he had 4 and he still make the cut).

ferioku

Smash Ace
I've always had a strong passion for the Golden Sun series. Since young, I remember being immersed this particular RPG. Golden Sun has always and will always be my number one RPG. Isaac has an astounding range of moves and would fit into smash very well – including his djinns, summons, swordplay and finally synergy. Isaac is capable of doing a lot of actions with his synergy such as damaging his foes or even moving objects and clearing pathways to help solve puzzles. Other than that, Isaac is very adept in creating many earth synergy based attacks making him a force to be reckoned with.

That was my vote, my English isn't too good but at least I tried.:bee:
If I was allowed to input my characters then I would add a lot more text but sadly, only 500 characters...

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I'm not worried about misspellings or even people going for Felix or Matthew or whomever else. So long as there's a significant percentage of votes with Golden Sun or one of its sequels as the game, I think that sends a pretty strong message to Nintendo that the franchise in general deserves a character, and that might be enough if the other top contenders are third parties and characters from franchises that already have playable reps.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As someone who's name is Isaac, I've known my whole life how many people spell it wrong :T
I've actually spotted a number of people who said they voted for "Issac" and I saw one person who voted for "Isacc".

Oh boy....
What's funny is people can get Ghirahim and Palutena and Zoroark but mess up on something as simple as Isaac. >_<

I've always had a strong passion for the Golden Sun series. Since young, I remember being immersed this particular RPG. Golden Sun has always and will always be my number one RPG. Isaac has an astounding range of moves and would fit into smash very well – including his djinns, summons, swordplay and finally synergy. Isaac is capable of doing a lot of actions with his synergy such as damaging his foes or even moving objects and clearing pathways to help solve puzzles. Other than that, Isaac is very adept in creating many earth synergy based attacks making him a force to be reckoned with.

That was my vote, my English isn't too good but at least I tried.:bee:
If I was allowed to input my characters then I would add a lot more text but sadly, only 500 characters...
Well said. :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Did you know Sora tweeted saying that they wouldn't be able to add that many dlc characters?

I still think it's a bit vague "that many" changes somewhat depending on how optimistic or pessimistic you are.

It does make a bit nervous for Isaac, there is a reasonable amount of competition out there.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
"That many" is pretty relative to your expectations. It's Smash, so there will always be the people who think they're going to add like a dozen characters.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Right now I'm thinking somewhere between 3 and 5 after Lucas. "Maybe" 6 at a stretch. That would probably take us well into 2016. I still think they wouldn't have opened the ballot and got us all hyped over it if they didn't intend to add at least a notable amount of dlc characters.

It's not like I was expecting there to be that many open slots, but it is rather sobering to realize there's not that many more chances for Isaac to get in.

Last edited:

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Right now I'm thinking somewhere between 3 and 5 after Lucas. "Maybe" 6 at a stretch. That would probably take us well into 2016. I still think they wouldn't have opened the ballot and got us all hyped over it if they didn't intend to add at least a notable amount of dlc characters.

It's not like I was expecting there to be that many open slots, but it is rather sobering to realize there's not that many more chances for Isaac to get in.
So in other words, we need to vote Isaac in ASAP.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well I don't think it'd be much of a stretch to think after E3 a lot of the votes will shift to revolve around whatever they show there. So now's a good time to strike as best we can, yeah.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well I don't think it'd be much of a stretch to think after E3 a lot of the votes will shift to revolve around whatever they show there. So now's a good time to strike as best we can, yeah.
Wouldn't be a bad time at all for Golden Sun 4 to pop up.

Even just a mention like with Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I throw vote towards Isaac pretty much saying how golden sun is one of there most underrated protrtoies and having isaac in the game would add fan apeel and interest.Lets see what happens.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
We're lucky there is a chance for him, or any character, for that matter, to get in at all.
Looking at the surprisingly high number of vocal Isaac supporters all over the internet, I'm pretty confident we have a good shot of getting thisadept the Mac treatment he deserves.

Also, if we actually are, just an example here, to get 5 characters + Wolf, it would still be an absolutely mindblowing amount of characters to be added to a full game like this.
We have it in our own hands, people. We don't have to hope for anyone over at Nintendo to have a sudden flash of insight anymore. It's up to how many people vote for him. And, honestly, seeing how many people have voiced their support over the last couple of days, I'd at least say Isaac is one of the more likely characters to be considered.
I'd say chances are we're going to see one character + Wolf at E3. Just a quick tease or announcement, kinda like Mewtwo. They'll hardly be sitting on their behinds all day moping over at the Smash dev labs.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just thinking about something. The deadline for the ballot is the 3rd of October 2015.

I hadn't really thought much about it until now but I suppose they might not wait until then to start evaluating and deciding on dlc characters.

By the time the 3rd of October rolls around they might only still need to decide on one or two more dlc characters.

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking about something. The deadline for the ballot is the 3rd of October 2015.

I hadn't really thought much about it until now but I suppose they might not wait until then to start evaluating and deciding on dlc characters.

By the time the 3rd of October rolls around they might only still need to decide on one or two more dlc characters.
I'd go as far and say that is most definitely the case. It's a weird timing to announce something like that with E3 this close. They'll probably give it two months and then decide on the first and second character to be made. Rinse and repeat in October when the poll is closed.
I don't think they'd let the opportunity of hyping up their E3 program by rolling out an easy announcement just slip away.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I think they will work on the the character who is leading the polls by June-July. 6 months is a long time.

:231:

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
For those interested, here are some numbers of a Portuguese Poll in a facebook group dedicated to Super Smash (some people voted on more than one character):

Shovel Knight - 13 votes;
Bayonetta - 13 votes;
Snake - 10 votes;
Wolf - 9 votes;
Inkling or Splatoon Boy/Girl - 9 votes;
Knuckles - 7 votes;
Isaac - 6 votes (including mine);
Blaziken - 6 votes;
Crash Bandicoot - 6 votes;
Rayman - 5 votes;
Dr. Eggman - 5 votes;
Big Boss - 5 votes;
Goku (just to piss people off) - 4 votes (this was clearly a joke);
Hunter from Monster Hunter - 4 votes;
Shadow the Edgyhog - 3 votes;
Hawlucha - 3 votes;
Professor Layton - 2 votes;
Phoenix Wright - 2 votes;
Shantae - 2 votes;
Mighty no. 9 (for some reason I guess?) - 1 vote;
Pokémon Trainer - 1 vote;
Ice Climbers - 1 vote;
Sceptile - 1 vote;

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For those interested, here are some numbers of a Portuguese Poll in a facebook group dedicated to Super Smash (some people voted on more than one character):

Shovel Knight - 13 votes;
Bayonetta - 13 votes;
Snake - 10 votes;
Wolf - 9 votes;
Inkling or Splatoon Boy/Girl - 9 votes;
Knuckles - 7 votes;
Isaac - 6 votes (including mine);
Blaziken - 6 votes;
Crash Bandicoot - 6 votes;
Rayman - 5 votes;
Dr. Eggman - 5 votes;
Big Boss - 5 votes;
Goku (just to piss people off) - 4 votes (this was clearly a joke);
Hunter from Monster Hunter - 4 votes;
Shadow the Edgyhog - 3 votes;
Hawlucha - 3 votes;
Professor Layton - 2 votes;
Phoenix Wright - 2 votes;
Shantae - 2 votes;
Mighty no. 9 (for some reason I guess?) - 1 vote;
Pokémon Trainer - 1 vote;
Ice Climbers - 1 vote;
Sceptile - 1 vote;
The only character above Isaac I'd see actually getting in due to the ballot is Inkling. Oh maybe Snake too, but that one's a bit more in the air.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
I view it kind of the opposite: before yesterday, we didn't even know if there was going to be any DLC characters after Mewtwo, but now not only do we know more are on the way, but we have an official poll to influence what those characters will be. I'd say that's great news for Isaac compared to the whole lot of nothing we've had the past few months, especially if he's one of the more popular picks among the Smash community.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Not necessarily.

The poll is just a suggestion to Sakurai. We're only going to influence his decision not outright make it for him.
I'm not too sure about that. I can see Nintendo telling Sakurai to follow the poll results. For what it's worth, they put in the effort to make 13 separate versions of the poll (Even UK and Australia have separate poll pages), so they are likely planning to publish the poll results at a later date.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really hope Hex makes Isaac in the next little while. It could really help spread his popularity. Plus it'd obviously look incredible.

How about it @HextupleyooDOT? Sound like a plan? Hex? Hex?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not too sure about that. I can see Nintendo telling Sakurai to follow the poll results. For what it's worth, they put in the effort to make 13 separate versions of the poll (Even UK and Australia have separate poll pages), so they are likely planning to publish the poll results at a later date.

Can you vote more than once through each site? I could have sworn I actually voted on the US site. (and not the Europe/UK one)

Also I saw this on Youtube and thought the guy was well spoken, maybe we could all give him a thumbs up:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can you vote more than once through each site? I could have sworn I actually voted on the US site. (and not the Europe/UK one)

Also I saw this on Youtube and thought the guy was well spoken, maybe we could all give him a thumbs up:

I've voted about 8 times on the UK site and 3 times in the US one, lol. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Different characters, but nothing is stopping you from voting Isaac again and again.

People can set up bots to do that though, so Nintendo probably limits the amount of submissions counted per IP. It very well could be only one.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It would be amazing if we could get somebody popular in the gaming industry or someone popular among Nintendo fans to tweet about Isaac for Smash dlc.

Do we know of anyone like that who's a Golden Sun fan?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really don't know who is and isn't a GS fan online past this site. :/

I know Xiivi supports Isaac, maybe he could just post some news piece on the front page which just tells everyone to vote for him. :troll:

How about it @ Xiivi Xiivi ? Sound like a plan? Xiivi? zv?

Top Bottom