• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ZFallen

All things are better with a little 'Z'
NNID
ZFallen
Please sign me up to the support list! I'm keen to unleash the Earth upon my opponents!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Square Enix can certainly say no. Just because a 3rd party character wins the ballot doesn't mean the company who owns that character can't say no or demand somebody else.

Ultimately Square Enix will be the one who chooses whether to say yes or no, not Sakurai.
Square Enix teamed up with Nintendo a lot of time so they are friends so I don't think there is a huge chance that they will say no

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Square Enix teamed up with Nintendo a lot of time so they are friends so I don't think there is a huge chance that they will say no
Then why have we not gotten a sequel, Virtual Console Port, or HD remake of Super Mario RPG, despite fans constantly asking for one?

Answer: Because Square says no.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well ive voted for isaac (despite that ivan is my top choice) seeing as how probably has the best shot out of all GS characters

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
well ive voted for isaac (despite that ivan is my top choice) seeing as how probably has the best shot out of all GS characters
I don't think there's a "probably" there. The only other one who might have a chance is Matthew. There's no way we're getting a secondary character before the main hero. It hasn't happened with any other franchise that's shown up in Smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think there's a "probably" there. The only other one who might have a chance is Matthew. There's no way we're getting a secondary character before the main hero. It hasn't happened with any other franchise that's shown up in Smash.
i dont know about "main hero" so far golden sun seems to be a series with a different main character in each one

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
i dont know about "main hero" so far golden sun seems to be a series with a different main character in each one
Isaac is the main hero of the first game and is the most recurring main character. He's the main hero of GS1, the secondary main hero of GS2 and the only character who was a "main hero" in the first two games to also appear in Dark Dawn (Garet was also in Dark Dawn but wasn't the main hero). Marth, similarly, was the main hero of two FE games, including the first, then did not appear in future titles (at least Isaac appeared in all three).

And Matthew? He basically IS Isaac. Obviously he's not "technically" Isaac, but he's literally a clone of Isaac and was intended to be like Isaac.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Isaac is the main hero of the first game and is the most recurring main character. He's the main hero of GS1, the secondary main hero of GS2 and the only character who was a "main hero" in the first two games to also appear in Dark Dawn (Garet was also in Dark Dawn but wasn't the main hero). Marth, similarly, was the main hero of two FE games, including the first, then did not appear in future titles (at least Isaac appeared in all three).

And Matthew? He basically IS Isaac. Obviously he's not "technically" Isaac, but he's literally a clone of Isaac and was intended to be like Isaac.
well in game series where the main character changes all the time i dont really think you can have a main hero

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
oh come on i also support isaac he is my 2nd most wanted character and i voted for him but why you guys are so sad at seeing Geno getting voted? the SMRPG fans has been waiting since 19 years just to see him back in a game, at least golden sun fans got a 2 golden sun song (and isaac assist trophy in brawl) in SSB4 but SMRPG fans gets nothing there
I just think he's a rather random choice, and I have no idea why I thought he actually stood a chance back in the Brawl days. Fact of the matter is that he was really only a character in ONE game, and that game was, as you said, released almost twenty years ago. On top of that, it's a game that due to having been partnered with Square, is under all sorts of licensing complications.

The circumstances of the Golden Sun series and Super Mario RPG just aren't even remotely comparable.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
I think Felix and Matthew have a decent chance to be alts for Isaac if he gets in, I think that'd be the closest thing to getting multiple reps for GS in this Smash. And @ Schnee117 Schnee117 nice avatar, Blake's my favorite RWBY character.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So what's the deference? square Enix are still friends with Nintendo they made fortune street (their lastest Nintendo/square Enix game) they did make 1 remix from SMRPG mushroom kingdom
Friends or not Square Enix have made loads of dumb choices and said some stupid stuff recently.

"Tomb Raider didn't sell enough." despite being in the millions.
FF VII PC version ported to PS4 instead of a remake.
Rise of the Planet of the Tomb Raider's timed Xbox One exclusivity.
Deus Ex The Fall.

What goes against Geno is that he's a one time character (cameos not withstanding) and he isn't important to the Mario RPGs.
Paper Mario and Fawful are more likely due to their importance.

SE reps that are more likely are any character from a Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest/Kingdom Hearts game on a Nintendo system or any of the main characters from Bravely Default.

But again this is an ISAAC thread not a Geno thread so I suggest this be dropped.

I think Felix and Matthew have a decent chance to be alts for Isaac if he gets in, I think that'd be the closest thing to getting multiple reps for GS in this Smash. And @ Schnee117 Schnee117 nice avatar, Blake's my favorite RWBY character.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Friends or not Square Enix have made loads of dumb choices and said some stupid stuff recently.

"Tomb Raider didn't sell enough." despite being in the millions.
FF VII PC version ported to PS4 instead of a remake.
Rise of the Planet of the Tomb Raider's timed Xbox One exclusivity.
Deus Ex The Fall.

What goes against Geno is that he's a one time character (cameos not withstanding) and he isn't important to the Mario RPGs.
Paper Mario and Fawful are more likely due to their importance.

SE reps that are more likely are any character from a Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest/Kingdom Hearts game on a Nintendo system or any of the main characters from Bravely Default.

But again this is an ISAAC thread not a Geno thread so I suggest this be dropped.

I was going to say something more but I am going to drop this cuz this is Isaac thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why is he talking about Geno here? How did this happen?

Oh, and yeah, I do think Felix and Matthew could be alts of Isaac.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
WOW! So many random people come to vote for Isaac.

I alreey vote. When direct ends. I vote for Isaac as FASTEST I CAN. I FREAKING WANT TO SEE ISAAC THIS TIME AROUND!

Then I vote for Bandana Waddle Dee. And that it because... I want my most wanted. For now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

• Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Bunny8093
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Crap-Zapper
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • Kisae
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LasermasterA
  • LaniusShrike
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Mishudo
  • MorbidAltruism
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Roger Smith
  • Radical Beam
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • _Sheik
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • Smash_Handle69
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • Spazzy_D
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • SuperBrawler
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • T-Hell
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • Thekewlusername
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar

Updated Support list.
TimeSmash is on it twice and I'm not on it at all!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was thinking we could discuss some ideas for Isaac's moveset. It might give some ideas for people who'll be voting for Isaac in the future.

Do you think Isaac could use Megiddo (the weapon unleash of the Sol blade) as part of his moveset and have Judgement as his Final Smash? I was looking at a video of Megiddo and it doesn't really look like something that could be part of his basic moveset.....

I still think Judgement is the best Final Smash for Isaac. It's flashy, epic and looks incredibly powerful.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Isaac would be my second choice after the guy in my profile pic even though I know nothing about Golden Sun and even if people think Wolf's return is inevitable I say better safe than sorry so I voted him 1st and add me to the supporter list over in the Wolf thread I am #4 out of over 2300 supporters and I just voted Isaac!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
TimeSmash is on it twice and I'm not on it at all!
Fixed.

• Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • Akg0001
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Bunny8093
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Crap-Zapper
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • Jonnysparkxs
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • Kisae
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LasermasterA
  • LaniusShrike
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mark Welford
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Mishudo
  • MorbidAltruism
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Roger Smith
  • Radical Beam
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • _Sheik
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • Smash_Handle69
  • Smash_Veteran_Amtoj
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • Spazzy_D
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • SuperBrawler
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • T-Hell
  • TehEpicRyuga
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • Thekewlusername
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar

Updated Support list.

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Judgement should most definitely be Isaac's Final Smash. I think it could work like Shulk's/Mega Man's Final Smash where when it's activated a bright light is summoned in front of Isaac and anyone caught in that light is warped to a field and then the whole Judgement scene plays out.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Judgement should most definitely be Isaac's Final Smash. I think it could work like Shulk's/Mega Man's Final Smash where when it's activated a bright light is summoned in front of Isaac and anyone caught in that light is warped to a field and then the whole Judgement scene plays out.
Judgement HD.

But I can't help but think that Catastrophe would still be prettier.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Isaac has quite a few very devastating options for a Final Smash. Besides Judgement we also have Odyssee which may just work like Link's Final Smash. Other than that, there are a ton of really great looking weapon unleashes, main example being Megiddo.
It's the same problem as with all of his other potential moves. Virtually endless moveset possibilities, and every single one would still be true to the series.
Take for example SSF2 Isaac. I would've never considered Growth as a Neutral B, even after spending countless hours imagining just how badass Isaac's moveset could be.

But yeah, Judgement would probably be the likeliest choice for a Final Smash.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
So, I've stopped recieving notifications from this thread and decided too check, turns out there were 2 pages more since I last checked it, which is awesome.
I've voted for Isaac twice in both the Portuguese and in the American ballots and I'll help some of my closest friends to vote for him too, although they don't know him, they seem willing to help, which is nice.

I'm not on that list, could you add me please?

Here's my submission. Hopefully Isaac will be consodered now. (Dang spelling error.) :rolleyes:

Now, I know I didn't talk about stuff like move set potential, but that's ok. Considering we're asking the guys who own Isaac, we're better off just making it a point of how popular he is and how great Golden Sun is. The devs obviously have the imagination needed for a good move set. That's just my view on this vote though.

image.jpg

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ Geno Boost Geno Boost

It's not Geno. I like Geno. It's Square, always has been.

If you didn't know, apparently, Superbot wanted Cloud for PlayStation Allstars, Square shut that idea down. They then tried to get Lara Croft, shut that down too.

The point is that Square has its head shoved so far up it's own ass that it can't see what its own fans want. So, because of Square, Geno is, sadly, a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
In response to the Square Enix discussion, if we did get a Square Enix character in Smash, I'd want it to be Neku from The World Ends With You, since frankly, his Psych Pins give him loads of potential for a unique and crazy moveset. Plus, he would fit in with Smash's quirky cast quite nicely. They REALLY need to release his game on the Nintendo DS Virtual Console.

In mine Smash Ballot submission, I suggested Matthew could be an alternate costume for Isaac, similar to Olimar and Alph.

Personally, I always pictured Judgment functioning a little similarly to Jigglypuff's final smash. When Isaac uses Judgement, the explosion could start at Isaac's immediate position, then slowly expand across the stage.

Isaac has quite a few very devastating options for a Final Smash. Besides Judgement we also have Odyssee which may just work like Link's Final Smash. Other than that, there are a ton of really great looking weapon unleashes, main example being Megiddo.
It's the same problem as with all of his other potential moves. Virtually endless moveset possibilities, and every single one would still be true to the series.
Take for example SSF2 Isaac. I would've never considered Growth as a Neutral B, even after spending countless hours imagining just how badass Isaac's moveset could be.

But yeah, Judgement would probably be the likeliest choice for a Final Smash.
In one moveset I wrote, Odyssey/Ragnarok is Isaac's side special, and functions as a chargable move. If used immediately, Isaac's side special will be Ragnarok, which, when used near a ledge, can act as a projectile. But if the move is charged long enough, it will be Odyssey instead. Just like Palutena's up-smash, Odyssey has a VERY long range, but it is horizontal instead of vertical.

Anyway...since everyone else is doing it, I guess I'll post mine Smash Ballot submission as well.

I said:
Isaac is NOT a typical swordsman. He uses Psynergy (Golden Sun's form of magic) & elemental spirits called Djinn. Isaac is an Earth Adept; he mainly wields Earth Psynergy. Unlike Robin, Isaac's moves would be more earth-based. When equipped, Djinn grant Isaac stat boosts, new psynergy, and can be "unleashed" in battle as either a devastating attack, a power-up, or healing spell. After Djinn are unleashed, they can be used for powerful Summons. Isaac's son, Matthew, could be an alternate costume.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Judgement HD.

But I can't help but think that Catastrophe would still be prettier.
YUSSSSSS!!!! Definitely agree! The twisted twin of Judgement is a much cooler Final Smash!

In response to the Square Enix discussion, if we did get a Square Enix character in Smash, I'd want it to be Neku from The World Ends With You, since frankly, his Psych Pins give him loads of potential for a unique and crazy moveset. Plus, he would fit in with Smash's quirky cast quite nicely. They REALLY need to release his game on the Nintendo DS Virtual Console.
Another yes! Neku would be my most wanted character from Square Enix, if any would get in.

What's up with people voicing out my thoughts on this thread :p

Was it on over 10 computers? :smirk:
Do exactly 10 count?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
From the Smash Bros. Facebook page:

"Okay, here goes… Which Nintendo character do you want in Super Smash Bros.? Submit your choice at the official site…"

So they're specifically asking for Nintendo characters. The third party characters are seeming less likely. Which pushes Isaac higher up the list.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

"Okay, here goes… Which Nintendo character do you want in Super Smash Bros.? Submit your choice at the official site…"

So they're specifically asking for Nintendo characters. The third party characters are seeming less likely. Which pushes Isaac higher up the list.
And most people I know voted for third party characters, *sigh*...

Also, should I be worried that Crash Bandicoot has more votes than Isaac?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

It is curious.

On one end somebody might say that you're taking it too literally.....but they do say "Nintendo character". How else are you really supposed to take that without making assumptions?

Last edited:
Top Bottom