• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I did vote for Isaac!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

But I cannot abuse any power for him haha.
Fair enough. xD

I wonder what it must be like to not have your desire for Isaac outweigh your ethics. Seems restricting. ;P

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, I sort of wish there was some way to keep track of these votes. Though there isn't as far as I know. But I get why there isn't, that'd make it too easy to sway the votes for one particular character.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai/Nintendo wanted to keep them confidential as well, like the Brawl poll.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If it's true that only one vote counts, which is apparently what it says in Japan, I wish Nintendo bothered telling us which vote that is, the first or the last.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If it's true that only one vote counts, which is apparently what it says in Japan, I wish Nintendo bothered telling us which vote that is, the first or the last.
It says 1 vote per person in Japanese.

I looked at the script, and the form is using javascript. I don't think they can collect IPs through it. Someone more experienced with coding should investigate. They might be doing the honor system/ they will use a program to delete repeats.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Those are really interesting stats.
A little disheartening seeing the two guys I want back sitting a bit lower than I had hoped, but still really interesting nonetheless.
At least Isaac and Roy are in the top 11. |D"
Sucks to see Isaac at 11th, though.

But honestly, with how Ubi has treated Nintendo lately, I would eat my hat if Rayman ended up being Sm4sh DLC anyway.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I looked at the script, and the form is using javascript. I don't think they can collect IPs through it. Someone more experienced with coding should investigate. They might be doing the honor system/ they will use a program to delete repeats.
Smash fanbase + honor system = asking for trouble :laugh:

I imagine there is some form of moderation present, not that I would be able to do more than guess at what it might be.

Those are really interesting stats.
A little disheartening seeing the two guys I want back sitting a bit lower than I had hoped, but still really interesting nonetheless.
At least Isaac and Roy are in the top 11. |D"
Sucks to see Isaac at 11th, though.

But honestly, with how Ubi has treated Nintendo lately, I would eat my hat if Rayman ended up being Sm4sh DLC anyway.
11th is still higher than most people expected Isaac to be considering how exaggerated "Isaac isn't popular in Japan" had become.

And a good handful of the ones who placed above him probably would also have more obstacles towards their inclusion than he would. So there's that.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
On the UK website, it says "Please limit your vote to one per person." It's possible they might accept more votes from the same IP so long as they're under a different name, but until I know for sure, I'm assuming it's one vote per IP.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
11th is still higher than most people expected Isaac to be considering how exaggerated "Isaac isn't popular in Japan" had become.

And a good handful of the ones who placed above him probably would also have more obstacles towards their inclusion than he would. So there's that.
Definitely true. I was thinking the same thing myself. Out of the top 15, I honestly think only the vets (even Snake), K. Rool, Isaac, and maybe Bomberman have the best chances. And Lucas is already going to be DLC, so...

eta: Of course that's not to say that any of the top 15 are inherently bad choices. It's more of just who I see as the most probable.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dunno about Bomberman, his support has pretty much died.

If this were Brawl times though yeah he'd stand a pretty good chance, he was up there with Mega Man back then.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I dunno about Bomberman, his support has pretty much died.

If this were Brawl times though yeah he'd stand a pretty good chance, he was up there with Mega Man back then.
I've been seeing so many people saying they threw in their vote for Geno. Dx

Kinda breaks my heart. But as it is looking, the next characters would be: Wolf, Snake, Ice Climbers, K. Rool, and Isaac. This is going off of popularity. I didn't include Ridley for obvious reasons, didn't add Rayman for 3rd party reasons, and only added Snake because he's a vet.(and I want him back:sadeyes:)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Snake could happen, sure, but it's not like his situation would be as simple as K. Rool or Isaac. But at least Konami seems willing.

Wolf is already a given as far as I'm concerned.

And I expect ICs will come back if and only if their gimmick can remain largely intact, regardless of where they place on the poll.

But yeah at this point voting Geno is... pretty close to throwing your vote away I'd imagine. If he had his Brawl popularity there'd be a chance, but only because it was so crazy back then. Now... not so much.

I expect Inklings to get a massive amount of votes when Splatoon releases though. They're already getting a lot anyway.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Yes, this is why Bomberman was written as a "maybe" C:

Huh, who knows, though. But I am expecting at least something at E3.
So maybe... Isaac? o: Or vets? Or both? It would be my ideal to see at least one vet and one newcomer announcement, because that would be really nice. Preferably my boys, but...

@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy -- the lack of Roy hurts my heart. </3
It would be really nice to see Snake and Wolf and ICs back. Though I do think that Wolf is already pretty much an obvious choice, and that he will probably come back now that Lucas has.

With regards to Geno...why???? I feel like that is close to throwing away a vote... he is even more obscure than Isaac is, I would imagine.

eta-- About Inklings, I am holding judgment for them until Splatoon actually comes out. If Splatoon is good, then all the power to them, but I would not want to vote for a character who's game has not even released yet. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If Konami is willing, Snake MIGHT have a chance. They need all the good publicity they can get for Metal Gear Solid after Kojima's departure. But I'm still not sure there's a good chance. There's a lot of hostility there. Kojima is buddies with Sakurai, and there seems to be some serious animosity between Kojima and Konami. Nintendo and Konami also aren't exactly on the best terms right now, from what I've heard, and I don't know that Nintendo would want to push a game that isn't releasing on their consoles.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If Konami is willing, Snake MIGHT have a chance. They need all the good publicity they can get for Metal Gear Solid after Kojima's departure. But I'm still not sure there's a good chance. There's a lot of hostility there. Kojima is buddies with Sakurai, and there seems to be some serious animosity between Kojima and Konami. Nintendo and Konami also aren't exactly on the best terms right now, from what I've heard, and I don't know that Nintendo would want to push a game that isn't releasing on their consoles.
Speaking of Konami. For ****s sake what is going on between them and Kojima? Now they're putting his name back on all the Metal Gear Products.

Da Shaq man?

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
People can set up bots to do that though, so Nintendo probably limits the amount of submissions counted per IP. It very well could be only one.
I'd laugh heartily if, at the end of the poll, Nintendo publicly announces that they are going to discount everyone who voted more than once.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I've been seeing so many people saying they threw in their vote for Geno. Dx
But yeah at this point voting Geno is... pretty close to throwing your vote away I'd imagine. If he had his Brawl popularity there'd be a chance, but only because it was so crazy back then. Now... not so much.
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

With regards to Geno...why???? I feel like that is close to throwing away a vote... he is even more obscure than Isaac is, I would imagine.
oh come on i also support isaac he is my 2nd most wanted character and i voted for him but why you guys are so sad at seeing Geno getting voted? the SMRPG fans has been waiting since 19 years just to see him back in a game, at least golden sun fans got a 2 golden sun song (and isaac assist trophy in brawl) in SSB4 but SMRPG fans gets nothing there

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I've voted for Roy and King K. Rool already, which leaves me to cast my votes for Rayman, Isaac and Sylux.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I threw a vote his, K. Rool, and Rayman's way earlier.

I'm so excited. I wish everyone could win this ballot, but the good thing about this is that if the character doesn't win?

Nintendo still knows there is demand for plenty of people or characters they never thought or dreamed of for the next iteration of the Smash franchise.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
oh come on i also support isaac he is my 2nd most wanted character and i voted for him but why you guys are so sad at seeing Geno getting voted? the SMRPG fans has been waiting since 19 years just to see him back in a game, at least golden sun fans got a 2 golden sun song (and isaac assist trophy in brawl) in SSB4 but SMRPG fans gets nothing there
It's nothing personal, I think Geno is a rad character, it's just the truth.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
I am not sad at seeing Geno get voted for, but I do not think that Geno has a very high chance of being in Smash for a number of reasons. Geno would have a lot of hoops to jump through before he could be in Smash, and because of that, I do not think he will happen.

I like Geno. I think he's cool. But I still feel like it would be similar to throwing away a vote to vote for him. :c

WiENFY

Smash Rookie

I read through most of the javascript files and didn't see anything that limited form submissions. To my knowledge you can't grab IPs through javascript alone, you would need the help of php or something similar none of such I could find.

Either way, the limitations put in place (if anywhere) are in the one file I did not read. The file I didn't read has 1500+ lines worth of code on one line making it unreadable without formatting. I did some word searches in it and found the use of JSON (best candidate for where all the submitted data is going after being encoded), but I'm not sure if any updating or filtering occurs with each submission.

Honestly, I don't believe it's worth the trouble formatting and breaking down the logic of that last file to find an answer to something so insignificant, especially when the answer could end up being "There is nothing client side limiting the user from submitting 100 forms every day".

imo, it's best to assume only your first ballot will be considered and don't waste your time filling out multiples.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Yeah, i am all for support Isaac, specially because it was foretold that he will be the third psychic to join the dlc. Also trying to spread the word through miiverse, etc.

Anyway, i just made this image, and i am sharing it for bring a bit of fun here, heh

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/DRGMH/imagenes/PSY_ILLUMINATI_zpsuydtvpyd.jpg
Don't you mean 3rd guy who dramatically holds out his hand for DLC? :p

My vote has been cast for Isaac, I have done my duty! *salutes to his GBA copies of the first two games*

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The main problem I can't get over when it comes to Geno is....does anyone really think Square Enix would want to be represented by Geno? Some side character they've probably largely forgotten about by now.

They'd want a Final Fantasy character or at least someone from Bravely Default.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
The main problem I can't get over when it comes to Geno is....does anyone really think Square Enix would want to be represented by Geno? Some side character they've probably largely forgotten about by now.

They'd want a Final Fantasy character or at least someone from Bravely Default.
sakurai is going to choose not square enix. Geno is the closest 3rd party character to nintendo
if we did let capcom choose a character for SSB4 they are going to choose Ryu instead of Megaman

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
sakurai is going to choose not square enix. Geno is the closest 3rd party character to nintendo
if we did let capcom choose a character for SSB4 they are going to choose Ryu instead of Megaman
And what makes you think Sakurai would pick Geno over Kefka or a Black Mage (Vivi pls) or Agnes or Ringabel?
Anyway Isaac thread.

And yeah I support him. Have done for a while. Just haven't been bothered to post here.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

• Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Bunny8093
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Crap-Zapper
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • Kisae
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LasermasterA
  • LaniusShrike
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Mishudo
  • MorbidAltruism
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Roger Smith
  • Radical Beam
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • _Sheik
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • Smash_Handle69
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • Spazzy_D
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • SuperBrawler
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • T-Hell
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • Thekewlusername
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar

Updated Support list.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Square Enix can certainly say no. Just because a 3rd party character wins the ballot doesn't mean the company who owns that character can't say no or demand somebody else.

Ultimately Square Enix will be the one who chooses whether to say yes or no, not Sakurai.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Did my Isaac vote just now. So far, I only voted for King K.Rool, Isaac and Impa.

Top Bottom