• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Gosh, how much would it stink if it turns out that Isaac would've gotten in from the ballot if only more people had spelled his name correctly?

It might be a silly fear, but seeing so many people incorrectly spell a simple, relatively common name will do that to you. xP
They might also do a check of various games and game series, if they search for "Golden Sun" they'd probably pick up a lot of the "Issacs.

Especially for new series they might want to get an overall view of how high demand is for a character representing that series.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Geez, all y'all attempting to play the system by voting for more than one character. lol I'm a single-vote woman, and I proudly gave that single vote to Isaac.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Geez, all y'all attempting to play the system by voting for more than one character. lol I'm a single-vote woman, and I proudly gave that single vote to Isaac.
Pretty much what I did, also, my brother is going to help us, since he also wants Isaac to make a debut (he loved his Brawl AT).

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Just wanna say I voted for Isaac in the ballot. I gotchu guys, Isaac was always one of my most wanted.

Staarih

Smash Master
This is definitely our chance, Isaac is probably my #1 priority right now in this whole voting thing! It's a tough pick though, so many good options out there...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Of all the possible characters, I almost think Isaac is the most likely non-veteran (other than maybe inkling).

From my point of view, it appears that Isaac was considered for the game. I say this because he was an AT in Brawl with a few other pieces of content, but in 4, there's no sign of him. No trophies or anything except for the music. I can't believe this would be an oversight, especially considering Golden Sun was released on the virtual console before Smash came out.

I don't have a reason to think Nintendo is disowning Isaac, so why else would he not be an AT, and not be in any trophies?

At the very least, they had a model for him in Brawl, and he has at least a decent chunk of support. My hopes are raised.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I am too, I just feel a little more assured inputting that vote from a few different computers... and telling my boyfriend, friends, family, and fellow supporters to do the same. :laugh:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
I am too, I just feel a little more assured inputting that vote from a few different computers... and telling my boyfriend, friends, family, and fellow supporters to do the same. :laugh:
Yes exactly this. xD
Gotta show as much support possible! One vote counts, but lots of votes might just count more. (Basically: TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE. Aaaaaah!)

Smash4Godz

Smash Cadet
Porky peters piper pickled peppers pop pan PIZZA
NNID
hunterx24
Yes exactly this. xD
Gotta show as much support possible! One vote counts, but lots of votes might just count more. (Basically: TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE. Aaaaaah!)
Ive voted on laptop family computer 5 phones 3 tablets and told 106 people on facebook and spreading this around on reddit. Do I win yet? Oh mii virze pictures of isaacccccccc must reach saturos

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Thanks for giving me a neat idea, N30N. Time to force everyone I know to vote for God Ussop Isaac soon.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Different computers... Is that even allowed? I don't want my vote or any votes for Isaac (others don't matter) to be taken away because it's obvious that the same person is voting multiple times. =/

I don't feel right asking everyone I know to go vote for a character they've probably never even heard of. I don't think I've known anyone who played Golden Sun since 8th/9th grade, 12/13 years ago. Sad, but true!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Different computers... Is that even allowed? I don't want my vote or any votes for Isaac (others don't matter) to be taken away because it's obvious that the same person is voting multiple times. =/

I don't feel right asking everyone I know to go vote for a character they've probably never even heard of. I don't think I've known anyone who played Golden Sun since 8th/9th grade, 12/13 years ago. Sad, but true!
In the choice of Isaac vs. ethics I choose Isaac. xD

And as long as you input different reasoning for each I don't see how they'd know. It's the people sending in multiple ballots from the same computer that run the high risk of not having them count. Even if it's for different characters.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I voted once myself and I asked my friend to vote once for him (even though he hasn't even a clue what smash bros is) I would do the same for him.

I wouldn't really feel comfortable asking anyone else who didn't play many games to vote for him though. So that's it for me, aside from hyping Isaac up to other people.

Also I don't see how they'll be able to tell since it is different people voting, even if they only voted because you asked them to.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
In the choice of Isaac vs. ethics I choose Isaac. xD

And as long as you input different reasoning for each I don't see how they'd know. It's the people sending in multiple ballots from the same computer that run the high risk of not having them count. Even if it's for different characters.
So, I can essentially vote with my iPhone, Wii U, 3DS, PC and my PS3 without any problem? SWEET!!!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I voted once myself and I asked my friend to vote once for him (even though he hasn't even a clue what smash bros is) I would do the same for him.

I wouldn't really feel comfortable asking anyone else who didn't play games to vote for him though. So that's it for me, aside from hyping Isaac up to other people.

Also I don't see how they'll be able to tell since it is different people voting, even if they only voted because you asked them to.
I was never talking about the ones who are asking others they know to vote for them, I'm talking about the ones who are attempting to vote for multiple characters or the same character multiple times themselves.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Lucky for you guys, I seem to have no shame in asking people close to me to vote for Isaac, even if they don't know who he is. ;P
I don't really see it as a big deal though, if the tables were turned I'd definitely do the same kinda thing for them.

So, I can essentially vote with my iPhone, Wii U, 3DS, PC and my PS3 without any problem? SWEET!!!!
I'm not 100% sure or anything, but as long as they're different IPs and different answers, I don't see how they'd be able to tell.

Someone with more knowledge of the technical side of things might be able to prove me wrong, but I doubt it. *shrugs*

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Lucky for you guys, I seem to have no shame in asking people close to me to vote for Isaac, even if they don't know who he is. ;P
I don't really see it as a big deal though, if the tables were turned I'd definitely do the same kinda thing for them.

I'm not 100% sure or anything, but as long as they're different IPs and different answers, I don't see how they'd be able to tell.

Someone with more knowledge of the technical side of things might be able to prove me wrong, but I doubt it. *shrugs*
Unless Nintendo has incredibly scary amounts of power to be able to trace you, I don't think they would know if you voted once on your computer with your home Wi-Fi/internet connection, and also voted with your phone on your provider's 3G/4G/whateverG network.

But voting on the same devices across the same connection, I wouldn't do that.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was never talking about the ones who are asking others they know to vote for them, I'm talking about the ones who are attempting to vote for multiple characters or the same character multiple times themselves.
Oh no I'm not doing that. I don't want to jeopardize my vote for Isaac.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I voted and used my one vote for Isaac. Even though I want King K. Rool as well, if I had one choice then it would have to be Isaac. Donkey Kong at least has two characters whereas Golden Sun has no one playable yet.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
In the comments to IGN's article reporting on the Smash ballot Isaac seems to have the most upvotes. Wasn't expecting that, but it's sure nice to see!

Unless Nintendo has incredibly scary amounts of power to be able to trace you, I don't think they would know if you voted once on your computer with your home Wi-Fi/internet connection, and also voted with your phone on your provider's 3G/4G/whateverG network.

But voting on the same devices across the same connection, I wouldn't do that.
Yeah, my thoughts on the matter are pretty much the same.

LPP

Smash Rookie
Gave my vote to Isaac! Seems like my reasoning for wanting him was a bit too elaborate, it barely fit the character limit. I just wanted to clarify the potential he has when it comes to distinguishing himself from most of the other JRPG characters by the unnecessary need of any sword swings in his moveset, since more or less solely basing his attacks on Psynergy and Djinn would work like a charm.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So awesome to see the hype coming back with the poll. Let's keep it going!

Isaac for Smash, Book Two!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Well I voted for Isaac!
I said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care about ANY other character, Isaac better be the one.

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
All my heart and soul is going into this vote for Isaac.
WE'RE STILL IN THIS!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just had this thought that a trailer with a fight between Isaac and Bayonetta would be pretty cool.

Picture it, Isaac summoning large meteorites and earthquakes to hit Bayonetta and she's jumping on them and running around them using witch time. She's probably one of the few characters that could deal with the heat Isaac could dish out, so they could be evenly matched for the trailer reveal.

Then again, new characters have never been revealed in the one trailer so I guess that's not possible.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, the Smash fan friends I know mostly want Snake, Rayman, Phoenix Wright (3rd party power).

However, I've seen some vote for Isaac, which is nice, also, I've got some friends that might get Smash and some very close ones too, that I'm asking to vote for Isaac and I'll give them the reasons too, I've also voted on both the Portuguese and in the NA polls.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've seen a lot of people on the internet saying they voted for Isaac. I'm definitely feeling the support.

Who can really say though? Nobody knows who the "silent majority" are voting for.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Just for clarification, did you guys vote for Young Isaac? I forgot to mention that I wanted Young Isaac.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I've seen a lot of people on the internet saying they voted for Isaac. I'm definitely feeling the support.

Who can really say though? Nobody knows who the "silent majority" are voting for.
The silent majority is usually made up of characters casuals tend to gravitate towards, however most casuals don't even know about this ballot, which bodes well for the more niche suggestions like Isaac not getting too overshadowed. :)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The silent majority is usually made up of characters casuals tend to gravitate towards, however most casuals don't even know about this ballot, which bodes well for the more niche suggestions like Isaac not getting too overshadowed. :)
Only if someone does not Twitter this or Facebook this poll. Hopefully this ballot stays under the radar.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I prefer Felix e.e

Felix is cool but we should concentrate all our efforts on Isaac tbh.

Only if someone does not Twitter this or Facebook this poll. Hopefully this ballot stays under the radar.
Who do you imagine tweeting this that would bring it to the casuals on a major scale? Bigger than a Nintendo Direct and gaming sites reporting on it? I mean most casuals don't even follow games online, let alone after they've released.

Top Bottom