• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
No. That was not Dark Pit. That was Black Pit. Obviously entirely different character.
Oh boy, I'm so hyped I don't want to look away just one second.
So what you're saying is... Pit has two clones?! Oh man, the hype! :awesome:

Somebody over at NeoGaf mentioned they saw Camelot listed in the credits... so at least we know Isaac is in there somehow?

edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

zagman505

Smash Cadet
Welp. It's the beginning of the end guys. Really hoping we see Isaac confirmed as playable in the next few days! But even if he isn't, there's always DLC right?

I really want to stay up to watch more, but I should probably sleep...

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, looks like we'll definitely know everything by the end of the week, in terms of roster. For better or for worse, our journey is coming to an end.

I'd love to watch the live streams, but I have to get ready for class.
Yea, I would love to do as well but same case here. Plus my internet sort of sucks in this streaming business and all so......
Just hoping isaac makes it in!

Camelot being in the credits doesn't mean much anyway, wasn't Waluigi owned by Camelot as well?
Actually Waluigi like Golden Sun was MADE by Camelot but all rights are owned by Nintendo. Therefore despite being a 2nd party creation, he is 1st party. Same with Isaac!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yea, I would love to do as well but same case here. Plus my internet sort of sucks in this streaming business and all so......
Just hoping isaac makes it in!

Actually Waluigi like Golden Sun was MADE by Camelot but all rights are owned by Nintendo. Therefore despite being a 2nd party creation, he is 1st party. Same with Isaac!
Are Fire Emblem characters handled the same way?

Because, on the "Character Copyright" at the very bottom of the credits, Intelligent Systems is listed. But no Camelot.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Then the big question is whether Camelot is credited for Waluigi or not. But yeah, he probably is. Camelot being mentioned in the Credits does not mean anything for Isaac.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Are Fire Emblem characters handled the same way?

Because, on the "Character Copyright" at the very bottom of the credits, Intelligent Systems is listed. But no Camelot.
Well I don't know. If you see the credits for Golden Sun it says that all properties of Golden Sun and characters belong to Nintendo whereas the game itself belongs to Nintendo and Camelot.

This is what the credits say:

Copyrights of Game, Scenario and Program reserved by NINTENDO and CAMELOT. Copyrights of All Characters and Music reserved by NINTENDO. Therefore all the characters including Isaac are 1st party.

The credits of Radiant Dawn mention: © All rights, including the copyrights of game, scenario, music and program, reserved by Nintendo and Intelligent Systems. It doesn't explicitly mention the rights to characters probably because IS is owned by Nintendo and is completely 1st party whereas Camelot was a 2nd party developer.

One of the FE characters, Marth I guess, is a starter and already unlocked so Intellegent Systems appears in the credits. It has been mentioned that APE was only listed after Ness was unlocked. So the absence of Camelot doesn't really mean anything there.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well I don't know. If you see the credits for Golden Sun it says that all properties of Golden Sun and characters belong to Nintendo whereas the game itself belongs to Nintendo and Camelot.

This is what the credits say:

Copyrights of Game, Scenario and Program reserved by NINTENDO and CAMELOT. Copyrights of All Characters and Music reserved by NINTENDO. Therefore all the characters including Isaac are 1st party.

The credits of Radiant Dawn mention: © All rights, including the copyrights of game, scenario, music and program, reserved by Nintendo and Intelligent Systems. It doesn't explicitly mention the rights to characters probably because IS is owned by Nintendo and is completely 1st party whereas Camelot was a 2nd party developer.

One of the FE characters, Marth I guess, is a starter and already unlocked so Intellegent Systems appears in the credits. It has been mentioned that APE was only listed after Ness was unlocked. So the absence of Camelot doesn't really mean anything there.
Yay. Thank you for this.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Can't believe that Mii Fighters actually do take a slot. So that just leaves 4 characters now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, apparently we've still got two more Assist Trophies: Sherrif and Star Man (Mother). Nice on the Camelot in the credits. Doesn't mean much, Isaac could still be an Assist, or it could refer to Waluigi, but let's hang in there.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Oh well guys, it's about time for me to go working. Not sure if I'll be able to lurk in here every now and then, but keep in mind that somewhere in western Europe there is a dude in an office clenching every muscle he has. Have a good one, gentlemen!
Peace out!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Getting a bit nervous. :D And excited.

Camelot in the credits? But still no sign of Isaac's AT?

What does this MEAN???
Isaac is still an unlockable AT!

...or perhaps he could be playable, but I'm starting to feel pessimistic again. :p

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Getting a bit nervous. :D And excited.

Camelot in the credits? But still no sign of Isaac's AT?

What does this MEAN???
We believe they own the rights to Waluigi, so they'd be in the credits anyway.

But since they aren't in the character section (yet), we can't make assumptions.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Isaac is still an unlockable AT!

...or perhaps he could be playable, but I'm starting to feel pessimistic again. :p
Hey snap back to optimism! Isaac will be playable!

Well can't hang around much longer now, classes to attend , see ya later guys! I hope we have some good news regarding Isaac's playable status when I log back on!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
There's still some characters to unlock, so it's not over just yet.

I find it really weird that Jigglypuff hasn't been unlocked yet, she's usually such an easy unlock....

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
You probably have to beat Classic mode with Pikachu for Jiggly, which I haven't seen anybody attempt, yet, although I could've just missed it. It ain't over 'til it's over, though!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I gotta go to bed now, guys. Keep us aloft while I'm gone, ok?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just saw a stream of the game and the streamer got a message just now that said all assist trophies were unlocked.

Isaac isn't an assist trophy! (unless he's crazy rare or something.....)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I was just about to post that. Interesting... I think the last AT unlocked was probably Kat and Ana because Wario was just unlocked.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm not sure how I feel about this.....it's hard to resist the resulting hype/nerves that come from such a strange revelation.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I just wanna say something, in case this thread gets locked: You supporters are all awesome, and I hope that Smash will get DLC down the line!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
OH MY GOD DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MIGHT MEAN?!

NO ISAAC AT

CAMELOT IS CREDITED
Camelot could be credited for Waluigi. Or a Shining Force rep (wait, wrong system).

But, yeah. All ATs, and no Isaac seen? That's good.

Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese, so I don't know if his name appeared on any of the Challenge mode screens.

Which stream was it?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
People are going to say it refers to Waluigi, but I dunno. Is Camelot credited every time Waluigi appears in a Mario game, like Mario Kart?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
We just might not have seen the AT yet... But still, this has the potential to be very, very good.
That's highly unlikely. He's been playing for 4 hours. He would have at least seen who he locked when he unlocked them. And so would all the viewers. It'd be common knowledge by now.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That's highly unlikely. He's been playing for 4 hours. He would have at least seen who he locked when he unlocked them. And so would all the viewers. It'd be common knowledge by now.
If any of the viewers can read Japanese.

Also, Isaac as Wii U exclusive AT IS possible (though unlikely).

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If anything he'd be on the 3ds as he was from HANDHELDS. come on.
I believe when Sakurai mentioned the AT differences between the 3DS and Wii U, he hinted at system capabilities. Maybe the 3DS can't handle the most powerful AT of all.

I'm just trying to contain my hype because the streams seem to have mostly ended and I have to actually TRY to get to sleep tonight.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I believe when Sakurai mentioned the AT differences between the 3DS and Wii U, he hinted at system capabilities. Maybe the 3DS can't handle the most powerful AT of all.

I'm just trying to contain my hype because the streams seem to have mostly ended and I have to actually TRY to get to sleep tonight.
If that was the case then Isaac AT should have an earth attack. I mean come on, a Golden Sun assist not appearing on the handheld version?

Either:

A. Isaac is playable
B. Isaac is dlc
C. Golden Sun fans just got royally screwed over

Top Bottom