• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
so i'm not giving up.Issac well live the odds are stacked against us but hey isnt issac used to that

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So, apparently, you all believe that Nintendo's hype strategy includes a last minute reveal of a Diddy Kong clone (Bowser Jr.), a Marth clone (Shulk), a Pit clone (Dark Pit), and a Mario clone (Dr. Mario). That's the best way to get people hyped, all right.

Remember when Chrom was excluded because nothing about the character spoke potential to Sakurai, he seemed like just another swordsman? Good thing that didn't hold true for Shulk!

Remember how the only newcomer clone we've had of all the reveals was revealed alongside another member of the same franchise (Lucina and Robin) to give us something to actually hype about? Yay, we have another Mario party member coming. Because pairing Bowser Jr. with Rosalina just didn't make any sense.

Isn't this so much more fun than discussing official content and Isaac's chances?

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
so i'm not giving up.Issac well live the odds are stacked against us but hey isnt issac used to that
He should be :p

For Narnia Weyard! Isaac for smash!
So, apparently, you all believe that Nintendo's hype strategy includes a last minute reveal of a Diddy Kong clone (Bowser Jr.), a Marth clone (Shulk), a Pit clone (Dark Pit), and a Mario clone (Dr. Mario). That's the best way to get people hyped, all right.

Remember when Chrom was excluded because nothing about the character spoke potential to Sakurai, he seemed like just another swordsman? Good thing that didn't hold true for Shulk!

Remember how the only newcomer clone we've had of all the reveals was revealed alongside another member of the same franchise (Lucina and Robin) to give us something to actually hype about? Yay, we have another Mario party member coming. Because pairing Bowser Jr. with Rosalina just didn't make any sense.

Isn't this so much more fun than discussing official content and Isaac's chances?
You have a really good point. Let's get back to discussing Golden Sun.

Have any of you guys realized just how much Reif looks like a girl? Seriously, do we have any confirmation that he's actually a guy? :p

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice

I agree with the sentiment but I don't see how Boswer Jr is a Diddy clone at all! The rest I agree with that they wouldn't bring hype, but maybe that isn't all of the characters I hope so I really want Isaac in the game

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I agree with the sentiment but I don't see how Boswer Jr is a Diddy clone at all! The rest I agree with that they wouldn't bring hype, but maybe that isn't all of the characters I hope so I really want Isaac in the game
Well eariler today the leaker said he unlocked ridley,mewtwo,impa,mach rider and dixie so maybe that's how they keep us hype?I don't know i sorta wish issac was in there and not mach rider but hey this could ll be fake so i'm not believing anything

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Character encyclopedia. He's Mia's son.
I know. I was kidding. Seriously, he's worth than Melee and Brawl Marth.
Well eariler today the leaker said he unlocked ridley,mewtwo,impa,mach rider and dixie so maybe that's how they keep us hype?I don't know i sorta wish issac was in there and not mach rider but hey this could ll be fake so i'm not believing anything
Any proof or screenshots? If not, it's even less real than the original post.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
irrelevant to current discussion:

If Isaac's in Smash 4 I'll name my first son Isaac. Mia if it's a girl (sorry Jenna/Sheba/everybody in dark dawn!).

...Probably also if he's not in the game, who am I kidding.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think it's better to let go of Isaac now, I feel like every potential, popular candidate now is pretty much dead in chances now.
Yep. Smash Bros.: The game of clones and characters no one wanted. That sounds like Nintendo's quality on this project so far, doesn't it?

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Yep. Smash Bros.: The game of clones and characters no one wanted. That sounds like Nintendo's quality on this project so far, doesn't it?
I was going to say something like this. Seeing how Shulk... looks (from the leak vids) I'm not sure I want Isaac to be in this smash tbh, the Project M team seems very capable of extracting Isaac's potential though.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If the Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo part of the leak becomes true we can't say that.

However, if it doesn't we can, and I'm all for Sakurai never directing another character roster ever again.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I think it's better to let go of Isaac now, I feel like every potential, popular candidate now is pretty much dead in chances now.
Look, I get that you don't think Isaac is in, but can you please stay out of this thread? It's clear you don't have anything reassuring to contribute. Happy with the leak roster? Great, I really like it myself. But there's no need for all the Isaac dissing. It's not like I came after transformations were deconfirmed telling you to "let Prince Sable go" and that "all transformation characters are dead in chance". This thread took the leak really hard, the last thing we need is more opposition.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Look, I get that you don't think Isaac is in, but can you please stay out of this thread? It's clear you don't have anything reassuring to contribute. Happy with the leak roster? Great, I really like it myself. But there's no need for all the Isaac dissing. It's not like I came after transformations were deconfirmed telling you to "let Prince Sable go" and that "all transformation characters are dead in chance". This thread took the leak really hard, the last thing we need is more opposition.
I only came to not raise people's hopes up and leave my condolences. I apologize. :(

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Yep, much safer than something like Shulk :p As much as I'd like it, gotta consider the kid's social existence.
You would not believe how much I want to make fun of his name. Seriously, the urge has been there since I realized they didn't spell "Hulk" wrong.

Look guys, can we please stop talking about the leak and talk about positive things?

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I can accept the leak, but I can't see it being the full roster. Others have mentioned the strange character placement which implies that there are more characters. Between that and DLC, I'm still very optimistic about Isaac. This is the biggest reason why:

The Golden Sun series is a set of incredible games with great lore, great gameplay, and great characters. Beyond that, Isaac has almost infinite potential as a character in smash, I posted about forty pages ago that I'd be ecstatic if I got to work on designing Isaac as a character.

Our beloved octet managed to light four lighthouses, we can hold out hope until release.
More importantly, I'm glad there are so many other people who love the games as much as I do (which is a lot).

On a less serious note, this is some of my favorite Golden Sun fanart and is dedicated to everybody who doesn't want Isaac in smash:
Golden Sun Psyenergy Bird.jpg

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
I only came to not raise people's hopes up and leave my condolences. I apologize. :(
Honestly, it is rather selfish to post on this thread only to repeat the same thing. We are aware that Isaac will probably not be playable and its very upsetting, we don't need people to continously rush into the thread telling us that hes not going to be playable. Ah well....

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
Let's be honest here. What else is there to say about Isaac other than discussing about his game? We have no information until we either get a POTD or another direct.

If anything we shouldn't be feeling any gloom or excitement until we get something hopefully soon.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Let's be honest here. What else is there to say about Isaac other than discussing about his game? We have no information until we either get a POTD or another direct.

If anything we shouldn't be feeling any gloom or excitement until we get something hopefully soon.
I agree with that, but it's so upsetting not seeing him playable once. There are so many clones in Smash 4 which makes matters even worse!

Arteen

Smash Lord
I can just imagine Isaac's PotD reveal.

Sakurai said:
The newest pic of the day reveals the Earth-shaking adept, Isaac! He's a psychic swordsman from the Golden Sun games. Long time players might remember his appearance as an assist trophy in Brawl, but now he's even older and stronger than befoe. With the upcoming release of Super Smash Bros for 3DS, I thought Isaac's handheld roots would make him a perfect candidate for roster!
Sakurai said:
But then I decided against it.
Sakurai said:
FYI he's a sticker.
...yeah, I'm a bit bummed out right now.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I can accept the leak, but I can't see it being the full roster. Others have mentioned the strange character placement which implies that there are more characters. Between that and DLC, I'm still very optimistic about Isaac. This is the biggest reason why:

The Golden Sun series is a set of incredible games with great lore, great gameplay, and great characters. Beyond that, Isaac has almost infinite potential as a character in smash, I posted about forty pages ago that I'd be ecstatic if I got to work on designing Isaac as a character.

Our beloved octet managed to light four lighthouses, we can hold out hope until release.
More importantly, I'm glad there are so many other people who love the games as much as I do (which is a lot).

On a less serious note, this is some of my favorite Golden Sun fanart and is dedicated to everybody who doesn't want Isaac in smash:
View attachment 23037
Oh my :p Although I doubt Isaac would do that!

Glad to see that the thread's mood has significantly uplifted now :) Golden Sun is a one of a kind game by Nintendo, and its alone in that regards, with exception to Golden Sun 2 and 3 obviously. The lore is great, gameplay is awesome and the characters are likeable plus have a decent following around the internet. Plus his psynergy and unleashes along with psychic swordsman makes him very viable as a decent character, much more than most of the characters in my opinion.

Since the leak does not have all characters unlocked, we can still hope for Isaac as a playable character. The beacon of hope has not yet been extinguished people! It is lit like the lighthouses :p

As you said like the 8 characters who managed to light the 4 lighthouses, we can also manage to wait for Isaac's inclusion till the game's official release!

Some fanart to help the mood :) This is probably my favourite group fanart for Golden Sun! And here's to Isaac in Smash 4 as a playable character!

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
It's as easy as porting Lyn's, Saki's, and Goroh's AT into the game. Because it's Sakurai is a lame excuse really.
Yeah, especially considering all of the returning assist trophies actually do have the exact same models, just with new textures to not clash with the new style.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I can just imagine Isaac's PotD reveal.

...yeah, I'm a bit bummed out right now.
Here's a more optimistic version:

*1st pic shows HD Isaac assist trophy in action*
Sakurai: Pic of the day. Returning as an assist trophy from brawl, Isaac the Earth adept! With his move psynergy, he is one of the strongest assist trophies in the game!

*2nd pic showing an Isaac trophy*

Sakurai: Fans may have noticed that we have updated his model from Brawl. We had considered adding him as a playable character in this installment, but ultimately were unable to do so.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I would be angry and then overjoyed if we got this:

*Isaac assist trophy*
Isaac returns! ...to help out. Watch out for getting pushed off the stage!

Next day...

*Matthew in action*
Isaac's still a trophy, but his son's ready to fight! Matthew uses psychic earth powers to crush his foes.

Similar to what he did to MK :p

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Nah. Pic of the day:

"Isaac's Move has been decidedly toned down since his last appearance in Smash Bros., but he's had Force added to his arsenal, which packs a bit more punch in a smaller area."

Next day:

"Matthew's taking Isaac's place as Assist Trophy with the full powered Move, however, as his father has moved onto the playable roster!"

bassem6

Smash Lord
Everyone who is saying Sakurai put clones in the game over Isaac aren't assessing the situation rationally. Clones take MUCH LESS development time than actual original characters (like Isaac). They didn't take any characters' spots in the roster. They are added bonuses with minute differences from their original counterparts. I understand your disappointment with the leak but all hope is not yet lost. There are certainly a couple of more unconfirmed newcomers left and Isaac could either be one of them or DLC in the future. Keep your chins up and try to be happy for the characters that DID make it in.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Nah. Pic of the day:

"Isaac's Move has been decidedly toned down since his last appearance in Smash Bros., but he's had Force added to his arsenal, which packs a bit more punch in a smaller area."

Next day:

"Matthew's taking Isaac's place as Assist Trophy with the full powered Move, however, as his father has moved onto the playable roster!"
Yes! That would be awesome! I hope that happens :) I have been rooting for this scenario from the start. Isaac being upgraded to playable and Matthew becoming assist trophy!

And it is still possible so no losing hope! Or giving up!

Everyone who is saying Sakurai put clones in the game over Isaac aren't assessing the situation rationally. Clones take MUCH LESS development time than actual original characters (like Isaac). They didn't take any characters' spots in the roster. They are added bonuses with minute differences from their original counterparts. I understand your disappointment with the leak but all hope is not yet lost. There are certainly a couple of more unconfirmed newcomers left and Isaac could either be one of them or DLC in the future. Keep your chins up and try to be happy for the characters that DID make it in.
According to me that's the bad part! Isaac is such an original character and he has a great history on Nintendo, he is a must include character! The only reason I can see why Sakurai might exclude him is a) He doesn't like Golden Sun so negative bias (like he has extreme positive bias towards Kid Icarus - and with Dark Pit it is going into overload) b) Isaac is too much of an effort for them so they are like, let's just not put him and say he wasn't deserving enough!

And both of the options are not very good are they?

Well I just hope that Sakurai even though he might not love Golden Sun (which he probably doesn't, otherwise we would have had a reveal already), knows it exists, has a good history on GBA and deserves a playable character!

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hmm, I just thought of something--though, it's probably not the best idea.

What if Isaac's forward smash was Odyssey, his down smash Ragnarok, and his up smash Titan Blade? Obviously, Odyssey would have tremendous horizontal range. Ragnarok would not reach very far, but would have a powerful explosion with a wide blast radius. Titan Blade could either pop up out of the ground, knocking the opponent upward, or fall from above and trigger a blast that sends the opponent flying upwards.

What do you lot think?

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

What if Isaac's forward smash was Odyssey, his down smash Ragnarok, and his up smash Titan Blade? Obviously, Odyssey would have tremendous horizontal range. Ragnarok would not reach very far, but would have a powerful explosion with a wide blast radius. Titan Blade could either pop up out of the ground, knocking the opponent upward, or fall from above and trigger a blast that sends the opponent flying upwards.

What do you lot think?
I think it sounds nice! And viable too! These 3 moves are all representative of the Venus element are pretty much Isaac's trademark moves (Odyssey and Ragnarok shared with Felix). Titan Blade is pretty much only his because by the time he joins you at the Reunion you would probably take away his Titan Blade and give him the Masamune, well I do :)!

And they make sense as well! So what do you think about Custom move variations? Other element moves?

Like Death Lunge as Up Smash, Skull Splitter as Down Smash and Planetary as Forward Smash?

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice

What do you lot think?
Would definitely be an interesting way to make "another sword wielder," lol. At least they would be Psynergy swords.
In a way, that would be a pretty nice troll on everyone who complains about all the sword characters.

I do think it would be pretty awesome though. Ragnarok for dayyys.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I think it sounds nice! And viable too! These 3 moves are all representative of the Venus element are pretty much Isaac's trademark moves (Odyssey and Ragnarok shared with Felix). Titan Blade is pretty much only his because by the time he joins you at the Reunion you would probably take away his Titan Blade and give him the Masamune, well I do :)!

And they make sense as well! So what do you think about Custom move variations? Other element moves?

Like Death Lunge as Up Smash, Skull Splitter as Down Smash and Planetary as Forward Smash?
I have always imagined Death Plunge would be Isaac's up-throw, Skull Splitter his down-aerial, and Planetary as one of his up-special moves (be it default or customisable).

Given the many options he has, I can honestly see Isaac being similar to Palutena in that his customisable moves will be totally different instead of just modified versions of the default.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I have always imagined Death Plunge would be Isaac's up-throw, Skull Splitter his down-aerial, and Planetary as one of his up-special moves (be it default or customisable).

Given the many options he has, I can honestly see Isaac being similar to Palutena in that his customisable moves will be totally different instead of just modified versions of the default.
Haha that works as well :) I am not that good in assigning which moves to which command but I still like listing the moves I want in the game. I think planetary will kind of be like Aether but there will be side movement plus greater damage/knockback I assume. Isaac leaps up and dives down on a dragon head of fire!

Yea he is THE character with probably most amount of moves due to the sheer customization using Djinn in Golden Sun! With all the dual elemental and tri elemental classes plus his mono elemental class, he already has tons of moves. Add Djinn to that and you have a lot of variety!

Customizable moves would be great as we could get moves that couldn't be fit into his default moveset due to the large number as well as different effects of each!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Haha that works as well :) I am not that good in assigning which moves to which command but I still like listing the moves I want in the game. I think planetary will kind of be like Aether but there will be side movement plus greater damage/knockback I assume. Isaac leaps up and dives down on a dragon head of fire!

Yea he is THE character with probably most amount of moves due to the sheer customization using Djinn in Golden Sun! With all the dual elemental and tri elemental classes plus his mono elemental class, he already has tons of moves. Add Djinn to that and you have a lot of variety!

Customizable moves would be great as we could get moves that couldn't be fit into his default moveset due to the large number as well as different effects of each!
Don't forget the Tomegathericon, the Trainer's Whip, or the Mysterious Card (that one would be awesome).

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Don't forget the Tomegathericon, the Trainer's Whip, or the Mysterious Card (that one would be awesome).
Oh yea! Forgot them :p Although the Tomegathericon has the move to summon the game's superboss!

Call Dullahan! Good way to introduce the game's superboss :p Or he could be a boss character but I seriously doubt that, Isaac's inclusion itself at this point would be a dream come true!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Wow, this isnt even salty, it is bitter!
What leaps you make in those illogical clone assertions.

I want Isaac badly, but I still never understood why people bash one character when they are upset over their own.

Top Bottom