• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Destroyer713

Smash Rookie
Welp, the ESRB Leak is real, looks like. So much about getting Isaac or any Golden Sun rep.

I mean, really, I was hoping the leak was fake because of how horrible some of the roster picks are, but that seems to not be the case now... :(

Oh well, good thing I wasn't holding Isaac's chances high in the first place, so this doesn't sting quite as bad...

y u do dis sakurai

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Don't jump on the sorrow train just yet. There's still Project M. He's doing better than RIDLEY in the polls there. Isaac for Project M!
Project M requires hacking/modding that could get my system bricked, am I right? As cool as it is, it's just not worth the risk for me.

Guy who detailed the attacks in the video before we saw them said we have more characters.
There is a rumored list of characters that are to be unlocked afterward (Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, etc.) but it doesn't include Isaac. I still hope it's true, because I would be able to fully accept the roster then.

Isaac is my dream character, but I can't hate on the game just because he wasn't included. However a roster with Dark Pit and Doctor Mario but not Ridley, Dixie Kong (or K. Rool) and Mewtwo just can't be forgiven by me.

D

Deleted member

Project M requires hacking/modding that could get my system bricked, am I right? As cool as it is, it's just not worth the risk for me.
You know... you can probably invest in another Wii from a pawn shop and get it for around $30 and that could be your Project M Wii. I know that sounds like a lot, but it will allow you some freedom to hack into it and modify it so you can play Japanese and European games. I helped a friend of mine play Another Code R and I use my Wii to play Gundam SD G Generation titles.

There is a rumored list of characters that are to be unlocked afterward (Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, etc.) but it doesn't include Isaac. I still hope it's true, because I would be able to fully accept the roster then.

Isaac is my dream character, but I can't hate on the game just because he wasn't included. However a roster with Dark Pit and Doctor Mario but not Ridley, Dixie Kong (or K. Rool) and Mewtwo just can't be forgiven by me.
Yeah, I agree with this.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, you can use Dolphin if you don't want to take the risk. Though as far as I know, Project M is safe.

With the leak almost certainly true, No Isaac (or K. Rool) is painful... I guess it can't be helped though. :urg:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000

Project M requires no hacking. It exploits a glitch in stage builder so that you can use it without modding. I recommend you look up instructions on how to download it hack-free, as it's quite enjoyable.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Ouch. A kick in the face that is.
I don't mind Isaac not being in even if he's by far the character I've been wishing for the most, but just spitting on the wishes of so many people and not including the majority of the characters with many supporters and instead adding seemingly random picks such as Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog is something I'm really unhappy with.

As pointed out on this thread before, I too won't hate on this game just because my wished didn't come true, but this is really disappointing. And I'm sure I'm not alone with this view of things.
Welp, let's hope for Rising of the Sun DLC, eh?

Arteen

Smash Lord
He's not an as-of-yet unknown hidden character. He's not going to be DLC. He's not even going to revealed as an AT in a pic of the day. He'll be randomly discovered as a hidden AT after someone manages to play a few hundred matches, with no fanfare, just like last time. He'll look barely different from his Brawl incarnation and we'll be lucky if we even get a music track again.

It's over.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I feel pretty grim atm. Isaac would have been an awesome addition to the roster. He would have been last time too! Oh, what a world...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The worst part is that this was Isaac's chance. He probably won't ever be playable in any SSB game if he wasn't in this one.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Yo guys. DLC. It's gonna happen.

Look back through 150 pages of why he'd be a great character, reasons that are still true! He'd be an incredible character any of a thousand ways they can do it, and we might even see this:

New Golden Sun game announced for 3DS paired with the announcement of Isaac DLC for smash. Even if we missed the launch, Isaac is NOT done for.

You guys are too hype for that.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I said it once for one of the members in this topic, and I say it again.

No crying until the end.
And it is not the end yet. It ain't over till it's over. And it ain't over yet!

Never say never. No giving up!

I am still rooting for Isaac! Even IF this leak is completely true and Sakurai has lost his mind about Golden Sun OR if it looks like Nintendo wants Golden Sun to disappear into oblivion, I will still look forward to Isaac as DLC.

No need to get glum and stuff. The game is not out yet AND there might be more hidden stuff. No need to get down in the dumps. Look up and smile :)

We supporters are still here. IF he is not in the main game (I have still not lost hope) he can be DLC!

Wait for the Rise of the Golden Sun!

Last edited:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Welp the only Brightside now is if Nintendo confirms DLC. If not, well let's hope he's a badass in All Star Mode :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's over you all. Just start accepting it.

It's like in Brawl when we all hoped that the "extra" leak with Mewtwo and Roy was true. It was grasping at straws, and you will be burned even worse than you already have been if you keep on hoping beyond this point.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's over you all. Just start accepting it.

It's like in Brawl when we all hoped that the "extra" leak with Mewtwo and Roy was true. It was grasping at straws, and you will be burned even worse than you already have been if you keep on hoping beyond this point.
Nah man its never too late. Plus how is hoping bad? Worst case scenario, the world will still not end.

Best to just stay positive and wait rather than give up and leave :) Obviously no becoming sad later as well as that beats the purpose of remaining positive now!

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
That's it. In my opinion too, he will not be playable in any other official SSB game.

The reason why I wanted him in the first place, was for the promotion that Golden Sun would gain from Smash Bros. Eventually, we would have had a new Golden Sun game for 3DS and/or Wii U. But now, I think it's officially over.

You know the worst part of it ? Isaac will be present in the game with a low 3D model game, that the returning AT have (Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Tingle...) instead of the glorious HD AT like Dillion, Takamaru or the nightmare wizard.

I'm not blaming Sakurai nor the roster. Sakurai gave us incredible characters as Megaman, Pacman, Robin, Rosalina and more... The only one I can blame, is the one who made Golden Sun 3...

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Even if this might seem like I'm clutching at straws now, but the videos we saw only confirmed Shulk and Bowser Jr. Thre is still the possibility of the other leaked characters, especially the cloned ones, not being in. I don't know what it is but something bugs me about the thought of overlooking high moveset potential characters like Isaac, Krystal and so on while putting in cloned ones like Dr. Mario and presumably Dark Pit.
I mean, there is no way Sakurai looked at Isaac and decided he had less potential than yet another clone, is there? I don't think that's a sakurai-y thing to do.

As mentioned before, I'm really clutching at straws, but as long as we don't see more of the leak confirmed via video, I won't buy it entirely yet. Although I'm fully aware of the chances that this leak is in fact true in its entirety.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Even if this might seem like I'm clutching at straws now, but the videos we saw only confirmed Shulk and Bowser Jr. Thre is still the possibility of the other leaked characters, especially the cloned ones, not being in. I don't know what it is but something bugs me about the thought of overlooking high moveset potential characters like Isaac, Krystal and so on while putting in cloned ones like Dr. Mario and presumably Dark Pit.
I mean, there is no way Sakurai looked at Isaac and decided he had less potential than yet another clone, is there? I don't think that's a sakurai-y thing to do.

As mentioned before, I'm really clutching at straws, but as long as we don't see more of the leak confirmed via video, I won't buy it entirely yet. Although I'm fully aware of the chances that this leak is in fact true in its entirety.
Dark Pit is shown in another picture leak just posted, though.

http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

However, so is a picture of the All Star Mode with a lock still over it. Crossing my fingers so hard for the extra leaked characters I mentioned before (Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids).

Arteen

Smash Lord
I can't imagine Sakurai suddenly creating an awesome DLC character like Isaac when the stock roster looks like this.

Unless Camelot creates another Golden Sun game, Isaac's chances are gone. Even then, a third game didn't do him any good anyway.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
Well, certainly not buying this game for sure if this is the final roster we get. All I wanted, since pr-Brawl, was either Isaac, Krystal, Midna, and/or Skull Kid as playable characters. Since this is likely not the case, brb flipping tables...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That's it. In my opinion too, he will not be playable in any other official SSB game.

The reason why I wanted him in the first place, was for the promotion that Golden Sun would gain from Smash Bros. Eventually, we would have had a new Golden Sun game for 3DS and/or Wii U. But now, I think it's officially over.

You know the worst part of it ? Isaac will be present in the game with a low 3D model game, that the returning AT have (Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Tingle...) instead of the glorious HD AT like Dillion, Takamaru or the nightmare wizard.

I'm not blaming Sakurai nor the roster. Sakurai gave us incredible characters as Megaman, Pacman, Robin, Rosalina and more... The only one I can blame, is the one who made Golden Sun 3...
We can blame Camelot all we want later. Now is just not the time to give up! I still don't think hope is lost! Just wait for the release of the game and we will see. The leak still does not have to be fully real or complete. We all thought Gematsu was fully real but it was wrong in some parts. Sure this time we have video footage and picture footage but doesn't mean both are fully complete. I may look like grasping at straws but I am not ready to throw in the towel yet.

The last one is clearly a wildcard.
Heh? Who is that?

Dark Pit is shown in another picture leak just posted, though.

http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

However, so is a picture of the All Star Mode with a lock still over it. Crossing my fingers so hard for the extra leaked characters I mentioned before (Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids).
Hmm, I am just hoping for Isaac. Don't give up everyone! He can still be there! Or DLC who knows?

The thing is why has Nintendo not tried to pull down any leaks? Surely it was pretty frantic at getting its previous leaks removed? Why is it so quiet now from their end? Do they still have something hidden? Something left to be shown?

Those are my 2 cents atleast. Take em how you like!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Leaks like this coming through are pretty common, though. The idea that Nintendo doesn't ever tolerate things leaking and the leaks are removed really fast is pretty much a myth as far as I can tell.

Destroyer713

Smash Rookie
I'm... honestly lost as to how any of you guys still manage to have any hope for Isaac or a Golden Sun rep...

- The leak deconfirmed Isaac.
- Someone with such a potentially unique moveset probably isn't going to be saved for DLC.
- He's probably going to be a secret AT no one knows about until some time after release like in Brawl.

Seriously, in my eyes, it's over. There's too much against Isaac now for him to be playable at all.

Last edited:

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
It's been stated by a nintendo rep that those aren't the only characters. Neo got it from a nintendo source, and relayed his information somewhere in the ninka/vaanrose leak thread. How accurate the information is or how many characters remain your guess is as good as mine. But the remaining characters are all still up in the air and I believe Isaac or Matthew still have a decent shot in getting into smash. This thread got real depressing real quick... Btw, I just finished golden sun dark dawn for the first time and I don't get all the hate. Sure it wasn't nearly as good as it's predecessors, and the points of no return were annoying af, but i still enjoyed it, and wouldn't mind it terribly if Matthew got in over Isaac. I just want golden sun to be acknowledged in some way by nintendo...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's always DLC. For better or for worse, Isaac and GS have yet to be seen in literally any capacity. *flashbacks to pre-Brawl* *shudders*

At least we'll probably find out sooner than later now.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's been stated by a nintendo rep that those aren't the only characters. Neo got it from a nintendo source, and relayed his information somewhere in the ninka/vaanrose leak thread. How accurate the information is or how many characters remain your guess is as good as mine. But the remaining characters are all still up in the air and I believe Isaac or Matthew still have a decent shot in getting into smash. This thread got real depressing real quick... Btw, I just finished golden sun dark dawn for the first time and I don't get all the hate. Sure it wasn't nearly as good as it's predecessors, and the points of no return were annoying af, but i still enjoyed it, and wouldn't mind it terribly if Matthew got in over Isaac. I just want golden sun to be acknowledged in some way by nintendo...
Yea it is not like Isaac was shown as an Assist trophy in any of the leaks. Apparently in the leaks a picture of Krystal and her description is there and it does not mention her playable nature, thus her status is very low if leak is correct. But Isaac as always remains UNconfirmed! He hasn't been shown in the leaks yet AND that can be good if he was not shown as an Assist trophy so far!

I still believe he has a chance, so help me and stop being so depressing people!

By the way, none of us hate Dark Dawn. I loved it to be honest, just not enough love as I had for the first game in the series. It is just not as impressive, holds hands much more, dialogues are EVEN longer and the points of no return are annoying. Atleast make the items available somewhere else if we missed it! The sequential breaking is not handled really well as it was in Golden Sun 1 and 2. They had dialogues for MOST possible situations! I also want Golden Sun to be acknowledged and Isaac is mostly likely holding that beacon of hope, as he has a beacon of the Golden Sun!

There's always DLC. For better or for worse, Isaac and GS have yet to be seen in literally any capacity. *flashbacks to pre-Brawl* *shudders*

At least we'll probably find out sooner than later now.
Isaac has NOT been shown in any capacity so we can still wait and watch and hope! And please don't flashback. It is not over yet!

Don't give up people :)

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I will still not completely give up on Isaac, but this uncertainty really gets on my nerves. Heck, I even hoped he would show up in that esrb picture dump.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Man, I really wanted Isaac, but even without him I thought I'd be ok with the roster.

I'm not. It's so bad.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Man, I really wanted Isaac, but even without him I thought I'd be ok with the roster.

I'm not. It's so bad.
Yea not satisfied here either. I doubt Nintendo will disappoint people at the end. It is like an abrupt stop of all the hype with this leak and roster. I still think there's stuff left, Isaac being one of them!

Heck I ONLY want Isaac as a newcomer. No other demands from my end. People got a top 1 -5 list, I just have 1. And he better be in!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I haven't completely given up, but I already fully expect to not see him.

I do lean on the side of there being more characters, though. Many signs point that way. I'm very inclined to believe the leak that said Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Boys since they detailed Bowser Jr. pretty accurately before this footage of how he played ever came up.

However, as for Isaac, things aren't looking so good. =(

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
As what I keep hearing, there is still one last newcomer that hasn't been revealed yet. It is a LONG stretch, but if it's Isaac, that will surprise a whole lot of people. Something that Sakurai loves to do. If this leak is in fact completely true, then Sakurai has no choice. If he wants to surprise us one last time before the game releases in 3 weeks, he would have to show Isaac (or that newcomer) this week. Especially if the leaker is still trying to unlock everything. Sakurai will have to do it now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I haven't completely given up, but I already fully expect to not see him.

I do lean on the side of there being more characters, though. Many signs point that way. I'm very inclined to believe the leak that said Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Boys since they detailed Bowser Jr. pretty accurately before this footage of how he played ever came up.

However, as for Isaac, things aren't looking so good. =(
Kinda begs the question as to why those four haven't been seen yet. I mean if this really is leaking from the ESRB one would think they'd have the entire roster shown.

In any case, I agree things don't look great for Isaac, but like you, I'm not giving up yet. Not until we actually see him.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
If Isaac isn't a playable character, I find it strange that Nintendo hasn't de-confirmed Isaac sooner in a POTD or something.

Considering Ghirahim was shown the other day, I imagine we'll probably see Isaac as an AT sooner or later

Didn't Sakurai say there weren't many newcomer videos left to be shown? Seems odd considering how many newcomers there supposedly are...

Top Bottom