• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like if Sakurai can put in two blue haired royal effeminative swordsmen from the same franchise, he'd be more than willing to add two blonde swordsmen from different franchises with little else in common if the need arose.

Do you really think if Isaac and Shulk were both deemed worthy enough (based on popularity/notability) one would still not be included just because they're both blonde swordsmen?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think I suggested this a while back, but I would love for Isaac's stats to change mid-battle, depending on the moves you use the most.
Kind of like how in Golden Sun, the characters' attributes change depending on how the Djinni are set.

While I'm all up for a pure Earth moveset, I think representing ALL 4 elements will allow for a Set Djinni system, thus making the character (and the game's battle system) justice.

... :3

I'll go wild with my moveset idea:

B: Flint (Jumps diagonally ahead, while slashing with sword. Upon touching ground, opponents nearby will be launched up to the air)

B Tilt: Scorch (A slow fiery move that on contact with opponent, will switch their horizontal controls for 3 seconds)

B Up: Gust (Tilt the joystick in one of 8 directions, to execute a move that travels horizontally, and knocks upward).

B Down: Hail (A cloud causes ice cubes to drop vertically down one step ahead of Isaac).

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Man I hope Golden Sun 4 is announced at E3 I really wanna know about

Dark and Dawn Psynergy

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
I fully support Isaac. He is my top remaining most wanted newcomer, and has been one of my top picks since pre-Melee. I was so excited to see him in Brawl, and I believe that, after Little Mac, he has the greatest chance of being promoted to playable.

I'm trying to find a support icon that I like, for my signature. Preferably with bearded Isaac, because life is better with beards. Does anyone have one I can use? Please?

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I was playing around with unique moveset with Isaac in my own head today. Specific moves have all been discussed, but I came up with an interesting gimmick, although it may sound similar to those mentioned before it.

These little guys....

The djinn are the highlight of Golden Sun's battle system. The strategy to Golden Sun's battle system is that when djinn are set to Isaac (and the others members of your party) they increase that character's stats and grant access to different psynergy (magic) attacks. Your djinn can directly assist you in battle by attacking your foe with a more powerful strike, but after attacking they disappear for a bit. When djinn are gone, your character becomes weaker and their psynergy options become more limited, and they can't use that particular djinni to attack until it resets to their character (based on a turn timer). Essentially, it's the art of achieving the balance of immediate all-out attacking power vs stat increases and magic options at the right moment.

I think if this general idea was incorporated into Isaac's moveset it would give him a very unique gimmick, (as if swordsmanship + earth magic wasn't unique enough), something along the lines of Little Mac's power meter, Olimar's Pikmin dependent moves or Lucario's aura system; djinn augmentation.

In my idea, Isaac's A moves would be what you'd expect, generic sword slashes and kicks and such, but with his smash attacks, you would have the option of using an earth djinni for a VERY powerful follow up hit to augment either your Up Smash, Forward Smash or Down Smash. Think of this follow up attack as being similar to Link's second smash A backhand slash or Metaknight's second tilt A. For example, say Isaac's Down Smash makes him stab into the ground with his sword, causing rocks to appear to either side of him, but follow this attack with an intimidate press of A again, and your djinni appears above Isaac's head, slams down into the ground and causes the aforementioned rocks to rise out of the ground and shoot off to either side of Isaac for massive attack power AND with additional range!

However, if you do use your djinni, it's gone for a limited time. As a result, you can't use it again to augment any of your smash moves again until it resets to Isaac. Furthermore, the power and range of your psyenergy (special) moves decreases, as does the range of your recovery Up B move. Like in GS, the djinn resets based on a timer, say following a 20 second recharge. This prevents these powerful moves from being spammed and comes with a very real price. After the 20 second timer passes, your djinn automatically returns above Isaac's head in descends into his body, along with that classic Golden Sun chime to let you know "Flint is set to Isaac!"

Now, this would be perceived as a very Golden Sun appropriate djinn system, and could make Isaac a very strategic, RPG-like, high risk, high reward fighter in Smash Bros,

How will you approach your foe? Do you conserve your djinni and use you normal sword attacks and psyenergy to attack Bowser? Or do you use your djinni now to try to attempt to KO Bowser immediately 50%? Be careful though, he may very well dodge and you'll have wasted your djinn for nothing! And with out your djinn to help you, Isaac's Up B's teleport recovery range is halved and your projectile B gaia move doesn't even cause Bowser to flinch! What to do?!

What do you say? Interesting idea?

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I was playing around with unique moveset with Isaac in my own head today, although it sounds similar to those mentioned before it.

These guys....

The djinn are the highlight of Golden Sun's battle system. The strategy to Golden Sun's battle system is that when djinn are set to Isaac (and the others members of your party) they increase that character's stats and grant access to different Psynergy (magic) attacks. Your djinn can directly assist you in battle by attacking your foe with a more powerful strike, but after attacking they disappear for a bit. When djinn are gone, your character becomes weaker and their psynergy options become more limited, and they can't use that particular djinni to attack until it resets to their character (based on a turn timer). Essentially, it's the art of achieving the balance of immediate all-out attacking power vs stat increases and magic options at the right moment.

I think if this general idea was incorporated into Isaac's moveset it would give him a very unique gimmic, (as if swordsmanship + earth magic wasn't unique enough), something along the lines of Little Mac's power meter, Olimar's Pikmin dependent moves or Lucario's aura system; djinn augmentation.

In my idea, Isaac's A moves would be what you'd expect, generic sword slashes and kicks and such, but with his smash attacks, you would have the option of using an earth djinni for a VERY powerful follow up hit to augment either your Up Smash, Forward Smash or Down Smash. Think of this follow up attack as being similar to Link's second smash A backhand slash or Metaknight's second tilt a. For example, say Isaac's Down Smash makes him stab into the ground with his sword, causing rocks to appear to either side of him, but follow this attack with an intimidate press of A again, and your djinni appears above Isaac's head, slams down into the ground and causes the aforementioned rocks to rise out of the ground and shoot off to either side of Isaac for massive attack power AND with additional range!

However, if you do use your djinni, it's gone for a limited time. As a result, you can't use it again to augment any of your smash moves again until it resets to Isaac and the power and range of your psyenergy (special) moves decreases. Like in GS, the djinn resets based on a timer, say following a 15 second recharge, along with that classic Golden Sun chime to let you know "Flint is set to Isaac!"

Now, all of this would be perceived as a very Golden Sun appropriate risk/reward system, and could make Isaac a very strategic, RPG-like, character to use in Smash Bros,

How will you approach your foe? Do you conserve your djinni and use you normal sword attacksand psyenergy to attack Bowser? Or do you use your djinni now to try to attempt to KO Bowser immediately 50%? Be careful though, he may very well dodge and you'll have wasted your djinn for nothing! And with out your djinn to help you, Isaac's Up B's teleport recovery range is halved and your projectile B gaia move doesn't even cause Bowser to flinch! What to do?!

What do you say? You like this idea?
Personally i prefer the idea of Neutral B = Djinns.
I explain how it works, each direction (up, down, left, right) and all the combinations of two of those directions have a Djinn assigned, also there would be a 9th djinn for the "not-direction". You press B and then a direction (or not), next time you use B you will use that Djinn.
If you used a Djinn one time, in order to use it again, you have to select it with B and use B (the effect of the djinn would not be activated, but you can use it next time). If you use the Final Smash, you summon a combination of the standby Djinns you have (after that, you have to wait a bit to reuse them), if you have none, Megiddo.
Also the type of Djinns i would like to see are those who increase stats, like being able to move faster, to resist Knockback, increase attack...
And also the use of Djinn would affect your partner in team battles, so you can increase the stats of your teammate, making Isaac a indespensable support character in team battles.

This system is exactly like Djinns work in Golden Sun applied to SSB, however i dont expect to see something like this in any time.

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Personally i prefer the idea of Neutral B = Djinns.
I explain how it works, each direction (up, down, left, right) and all the combinations of two of those directions have a Djinn assigned, also there would be a 9th djinn for the "not-direction". You press B and then a direction (or not), next time you use B you will use that Djinn.
If you used a Djinn one time, in order to use it again, you have to select it with B and use B (the effect of the djinn would not be activated, but you can use it next time). If you use the Final Smash, you summon a combination of the standby Djinns you have, if you have none, Megiddo.
Also the type of Djinns i would like to see are those who increase stats, like being able to move faster, to resist Knockback, increase attack...
And also the use of Djinn would affect your partner in team battles, so you can increase the stats of your teammate, making Isaac a indespensable support character in team battles.

This system is exactly like Djinns work in Golden Sun applied to SSB, however i dont expect to see something like this in any time.

Having 9 different B moves AND different stats AND multiple final smashes? That sounds really overwhelming for a casual fighting game. Also where would you put psyenergy attacks if not on any of the B slots? Surely Isaac's gotta have Move and Ragnorok somewhere.

My idea is that you only have one earth djinn, and you either have it or you don't. And your attacks don't change. only their range and power do.

And, call me conservative, but I like the idea of Isaac just using only earth adept moves.

But that's just me.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Having 9 different B moves AND different stats AND multiple final smashes? That sounds really overwhelming for a casual fighting game. Also where would you put psyenergy attacks if not on any of the B slots? Surely Isaac's gotta have Move and Ragnorok somewhere.

My idea is that you only have one earth djinn, and you either have it or you don't. And your attacks don't change. only their range and power do.

And, call me conservative, but I like the idea of Isaac just using only earth adept moves.

But that's just me.
Actually Djinns would only take 1 of the special moves (Neutral B) with my system. Up B, Down B and Side B are completely different moves (is not the same to press b and then a direction than b + direction). And also you still have Smash that are perfect for some psynergies. Having Different B moves? Kirby, different stats? things that SSB already have, and about multiple Final Smashes, why not?

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like the timer system a lot.
Anything that makes each character feel closer to what it feels in his/her game, then I'm all for it.

And I know I'm crazy, but I'd love for Isaac to have an option to switch between elements. (But Earth is his starting/default element).
I don´t care if he plays like Marth (except specials) but with elemental attributes that change depending on the Djinni. XD

But realistically speaking, he'll probably be mostly Earth focused, with one or two specials belonging to a different element to help with recovery, or status altering to his foes.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I like the djinn moveset idea, but what if it was a little simpler?

Say his B moves are all djinn based attacks:
Neutral - Flint (the famed djinni assists a heavy blow that arcs over Isaac's head and can hit foes close enough behind and in front of him)
DownB - Fizz (Isaac is surrounded by a bevy of bubbles, redirecting projectiles at odd angles and damaging nearby foes)
UpB - Gust (a Jupiter djinni whirls Isaac upward)
SideB - Forge (this Mars djinni gives Isaac a flaming leap attack with fiery splash damage)

Now the gimmick is that he "sets" the djinn after the B attack, and his A attacks are different depending on the last B move used. He can combo even further by using a djinn in the middle of a string of A's and go directly into a new set A's.

I'm sure this has all been suggested before, but I haven't seen it myself. I dunno, but that is how I think a realistic Isaac could turn out.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
My ideal Isaac moveset would be:

Standard special: Ragnarok/Odyssey
Side special: Move
Up special: Retreat
Down Special: Quake

Final Smash: Judgment

I really like @ Vann Accessible Vann Accessible @ Djinn idea, so I'd like to incorporate that in my moveset.
I could probably add tilts, smashes, and aerials if I wasn't so lazy.

Last edited:

GraveEclipse567

Smash Apprentice
Standard Special: Earthquake
Side Special: Move
Up Special: Meggido
Down Special: Planet Diver
Final Smash: Judgment

Just a random thought for a move set.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
It's also entirely possible for Djinn to be enemies in Smash Run
And when you beat them the give you a good boost in one stat

Arteen

Smash Lord
There are so many dozens of ways to make an Isaac moveset that it's impossible to make one that comprehensively represents the character.

It's a great problem to have.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
On an unrelated note, seeing how sexy Ike's model is, I can't stand the thought of not getting to see Isaac not get the same.

I'm so shallow, I know. xD

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Speaking of Ike, he ended up going against the assumption that "relevancy" is the be-all, end-all of roster decisions. It doesn't improve Isaac's chance as much as it shows that "relevancy" won't be half as big a factor against him as people make it out to be.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Speaking of Ike, he ended up going against the assumption that "relevancy" is the be-all, end-all of roster decisions. It doesn't improve Isaac's chance as much as it shows that "relevancy" won't be half as big a factor against him as people make it out to be.
Or hair color.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Eh, I think people are over-exaggerating how much Ike shatters every "relevancy" argument - fact is, Ike was already in a Smash game, which gives him a major leg up to begin with. Not that I think anybody's chances totally hinge on their relevancy, either, but I don't think Ike really proves or disproves anything. I just feel like I've seen a lot of false equivalences flying around this reveal. Just because something is true for Ike doesn't make it automatically true for every other character. It's just an example of this weird fan-logic we have constructed that really has no actual bearing on anything.

That said, I don't think any of this affects Isaac at all. But I will agree with Bassoonist in that we need a sexy new Isaac model for this game!

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
These 'leaks' are really making me begin to lose hope. =(

That old feeling of Brawl roster disappointment is starting to creep back up. T_T

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
These 'leaks' are really making me begin to lose hope. =(

That old feeling of Brawl roster disappointment is starting to creep back up. T_T
I don't know why, but even though I somewhat closely followed the Brawl announcements, I was amazed by it's roster.
I guess it really helps if you either don't have any great expectations or just don't care, as Smash will be amazing. You know it will be. There's no reason to be sad if your favorite character didn't make it even though he/she had a good chance. There will be a next time and another chance.
And with this day and age I totally see patches coming for Smash 4, so there might be a chance that new characters make it into the game after launch.

That being said, I totally support Isaac and hope he'll make it! He's currently my second most wanted character (that has a chance of actually being in the game) after Robin (FE: Awakening). Golden Sun was an amazing two games (and one rather mediocre sequel) and I'd love to see them represented with a character of their own.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Whom knows? Maybe Isaac will get some sympathy from Ike.

Joking aside, I agree that the most recent character reveal does not necessarily affects any other character's chances. [Shrugs] I guess most people were just expecting Ike to be replaced with Chrom, due to some made up tradition of the latest Fire Emblem character replacing the previous one.

At any rate, I fancy we will find out soon enough whether Isaac is in or not, what with E3 and the release of Super Smash Bros for 3DS on the horizon. Don't know about you lot, but I am pretty much done with speculation.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Even if Isaac doesn't make it, I'm pretty happy with the roster so far. I think a lot of people, myself included, just had unrealistic expectations for Brawl. Now that I've calmed down since those days and aren't adamantly expecting Krystal and Midna and blablabla, and the fact that we've already gotten a few big names on the fanboy wishlists, like Mega Man, Little Mac and Villager, I am left with very little to complain about. I'll still be ecstatic if Isaac makes it, of course, but I don't feel like any character's inclusion is at that make-or-break level anymore.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
There's no reason to be sad if your favorite character didn't make it even though he/she had a good chance. There will be a next time and another chance.
Well, here's the thing... SSB4 is my 'next time'. And assuming that a GS4 might not ever even be made, this might be Isaac's only chance.

And for the record, I *don't* know that it will be an enjoyable game for me. I'm not saying it won't be, but after Brawl (of which my complaints went far beyond the roster), I know it's not default that I will enjoy it. But, that's off-topic. lol

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Keep in mind that assuming the Sal leak is 100% correct, I'm pretty sure he hasn't leaked out the final cast of newcomers yet. The theory that goes around the Sal thread is that there should be one final newcomer leak close to E3. We should soon know Isaac's fate by the time E3 is finished, one way or the other.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I just bought golden sun on the vc (thank you nintendo and your digital promotion :) )

His potential looked great from what I can tell in the op but now, I should have a more accurate view of it.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
If Isaac is a playable character (and I really hope he is), I actually doubt he would be part of the starting roster. Assuming that some characters will be kept hidden and unlockable, Isaac seems to me like a perfect candidate for a secret character, especially given his cult favorite status. If he is not revealed at E3, I won't lose hope.

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I don't know you, but I really started to doubt Isaac's chances too. Whether the leak is true or false, it affects highly certain characters. Here, all the eyes are now fixed on Shulk, Palutena, Chorus kid and co, and old characters like Isaac are not considered safe anymore. This is the reason I hate leaks. It affects the point of view of everyone

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, brawl had really legit and impressive leaks with really specific details and i think that SSB4 does not have that.
Anyway, Isaac is unlikely, i dont need any leak to think that.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So hey, I'm going through and playing games with potential newcomers to build some hype. Hopefully I'm not just setting myself up for extreme E3 disappointment.

I recently replayed Xenoblade from beginning to end, than Fire Emblem: Awakening, and finally just finished up Nazo no Murasme-jō (last one on emulator, of course.)
I'm thinking about buying Golden Sun from the E-shop.... I played the game years ago (it was a roommates cartridge) and only got about 10 hours in. I liked it, but didn't "love it" and I for whatever reason never finished it.

Just a few quick questions - can I finish the game in a weekend? I heard it was a quick game, I don't know how much time I'll have to play but I want to be done pre-E3 for sure.

Also, will it be a satisfying enough game to play without playing the sequel? The second game isn't out on the virtual console yet... I constantly hear how it's only "half a game." I suppose I could play it via emulator if push came to shove, but I'd rather not.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just a few quick questions - can I finish the game in a weekend? I heard it was a quick game, I don't know how much time I'll have to play but I want to be done pre-E3 for sure.

Also, will it be a satisfying enough game to play without playing the sequel? The second game isn't out on the virtual console yet... I constantly hear how it's only "half a game." I suppose I could play it via emulator if push came to shove, but I'd rather not.
I think it can take a little longer than that.

Oh, don't worry about The Lost Age. The first game is long and engaging enough to keep you satisfied, from a gameplay perspective. The story does end in a cliffhanger though.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think it can take a little longer than that.

Oh, don't worry about The Lost Age. The game is long and engaging enough to keep you satisfied, from a gameplay perspective. The story does end in a cliffhanger though.
Thanks. I don't plan on doing much grinding or side content, so hopefully I can finish the game in 20-25 hours. Planning out play time in RPGs usually isn't a good idea though, lol.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
If your concern is to be done before E3 then you'll definitely be done by then lol. I'd say GS could take maybe 2-5 days depending on how much you play.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
I've finished Golden Sun recently and it took almost 20 hours to finish, getting almost all extra stuff (Djinn and sidequests), so it shouldn't take too long for you.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
I was playing around with unique moveset with Isaac in my own head today. Specific moves have all been discussed, but I came up with an interesting gimmick, although it may sound similar to those mentioned before it.

These little guys....

The djinn are the highlight of Golden Sun's battle system. The strategy to Golden Sun's battle system is that when djinn are set to Isaac (and the others members of your party) they increase that character's stats and grant access to different psynergy (magic) attacks. Your djinn can directly assist you in battle by attacking your foe with a more powerful strike, but after attacking they disappear for a bit. When djinn are gone, your character becomes weaker and their psynergy options become more limited, and they can't use that particular djinni to attack until it resets to their character (based on a turn timer). Essentially, it's the art of achieving the balance of immediate all-out attacking power vs stat increases and magic options at the right moment.

I think if this general idea was incorporated into Isaac's moveset it would give him a very unique gimmick, (as if swordsmanship + earth magic wasn't unique enough), something along the lines of Little Mac's power meter, Olimar's Pikmin dependent moves or Lucario's aura system; djinn augmentation.

In my idea, Isaac's A moves would be what you'd expect, generic sword slashes and kicks and such, but with his smash attacks, you would have the option of using an earth djinni for a VERY powerful follow up hit to augment either your Up Smash, Forward Smash or Down Smash. Think of this follow up attack as being similar to Link's second smash A backhand slash or Metaknight's second tilt A. For example, say Isaac's Down Smash makes him stab into the ground with his sword, causing rocks to appear to either side of him, but follow this attack with an intimidate press of A again, and your djinni appears above Isaac's head, slams down into the ground and causes the aforementioned rocks to rise out of the ground and shoot off to either side of Isaac for massive attack power AND with additional range!

However, if you do use your djinni, it's gone for a limited time. As a result, you can't use it again to augment any of your smash moves again until it resets to Isaac. Furthermore, the power and range of your psyenergy (special) moves decreases, as does the range of your recovery Up B move. Like in GS, the djinn resets based on a timer, say following a 20 second recharge. This prevents these powerful moves from being spammed and comes with a very real price. After the 20 second timer passes, your djinn automatically returns above Isaac's head in descends into his body, along with that classic Golden Sun chime to let you know "Flint is set to Isaac!"

Now, this would be perceived as a very Golden Sun appropriate djinn system, and could make Isaac a very strategic, RPG-like, high risk, high reward fighter in Smash Bros,

How will you approach your foe? Do you conserve your djinni and use you normal sword attacks and psyenergy to attack Bowser? Or do you use your djinni now to try to attempt to KO Bowser immediately 50%? Be careful though, he may very well dodge and you'll have wasted your djinn for nothing! And with out your djinn to help you, Isaac's Up B's teleport recovery range is halved and your projectile B gaia move doesn't even cause Bowser to flinch! What to do?!

What do you say? Interesting idea?
So I really Like this djinn idea by Vann, but let me offer my own twist on it, that I think is even closer to GS without being too overly complicated.

Lets say each smash attack has its own djinn, making 3 in all.
Flint could be on Isaac's forward smash. causing him to do a second leaping sword strike after an initial sword strike.
Ground could be on Isaac's down smash, causing gravity to spike foes who were caught in Isaac's initial quake like down smash (think Wario's d-smash from PM, followed up by a spike) Maybe people who hit the stage are also stuck in the ground shortly?
Vine could be on Isaac's Up smash, causing anyone hit by it to get tangled up, and effectively under the "slow effect" for just a very short while. I am imagining his up smash as a Thorn like attack (maybe one on both sides of him)

Now here is the second difference from Vann's idea. Instead of being put in "recovery" mode after being used, they are put in "standby". So like before Isaac is severly powered down, more so for each djinn unset. But now in order to reset them an input is needed.

That input being his down B (or maybe neutral B move?) Set/Summon!!! Tapping down B resets the last djinn unset, working backwards through how ever many there are. Imagine it taking similar time as lucario's counter, accept it isn't a counter. But if you HOLD down B, thats where the fun is. You use the djinn to summon the appropriate... summon. Sending all djinn used into the "recovery" phase and leaving you depowered until they reset one by one after an appropriate cooldown (20secs seems two long. but its something that would have to be played with to make everything balanced). So one djinn would summon "Earth Djinn", two would summon "Ramses" and three would summon "Cybele" or (Judgement, if you wanted to make Mother Gaia the Final smash). Now.... to me honest I dont know what these summons would do... Someone else probably has a better idea than me here. I feel they should all have similar effects, and making them work like assist trophys seems... like its too good (and... maybe no good). But here is the best Idea that I have. Make it so the appropriate image appears in the background above Isaac, and then while its being used Issac moves a light to where he aims the move and the image in the background moves somehow casting what is basically different sized and strengthened Gaia attacks (and leave Judgment to me the final smash, with the added property of resetting and djinn in cooldown or standby)

You could also make it so the different djinn that are unset nerfed different aspects of Issac. Flint could lower damage and knock back from physical attacks. Ground could lower special range and damage, and Vine could lower Isaacs movement speed? (or even make him easier to hit back) or alternatively you could have each unset djinn just make Isaac weaker in all these ways. Either way I feel he should be extremely weakened with all three unset, and personally I like the idea of each unset one making him fly further when hit as well, making him easier to K.O.

Anyway... to sum up, I like this idea because it incorporates not only the djinn's buffing and attacking powers, but also their summoning abilities and all three of their possible states in battle. allowing for players to actually try a "djinn rush" like strategy while their opponent respawns and still having the same negative side effects that gameplay style had in GS. As well as the sort of, djinn hit and run to reset strategy (that sometimes used djinn with defensive buffs to cover reset turns) That also appeared, or any variant in the middle.

I would also just like to reiterate that I think Vann's original idea is really really good, and If Isaac actually appeared in SSB4, and his idea did too it would be really unique and a lot of fun to use.

Thoughts?

MetalMario128

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetalMario64
I would love to see Isaac be playable. I love Golden Sun and would love to see more representation of it in Super Smash Bros.

That being said I usually always enjoy the roster even if all of my picks don't get included (because honestly, what are the chances of that happening). But my hopes for Isaac did go up significantly at the direct since during the Assist Trophy montage he was nowhere to be seen.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
imo, without the Sal leak, there is enough room for Isaac, Shulk, Takamaru, and what have you on the roster.

If the Sal leak is true, then I hope the leaker is wrong about Chorus Kids. =___=

Top Bottom