• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm really thinking that Isaac got promoted from Assist to Playable!

There is no other reason for Sakurai didn't showing him with the others great Assist Trophies (Lyndis, Waluigi, Saki, Starfy, etc.). For me and my friends, Isaac was the best Assist! That huge hand obliterate our battles!
PLAYABLE I SWEAR IT!

(People don't give me credibility because I only have less than 500 messages)
Edit: Never mind, I'm in high activity here lately, never noticed it passed 500

Last edited:

MetalMario128

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetalMario64

There is no other reason for Sakurai didn't showing him with the others great Assist Trophies (Lyndis, Waluigi, Saki, Starfy, etc.). For me and my friends, Isaac was the best Assist! That huge hand obliterate our battles!
PLAYABLE I SWEAR IT!

Uhhh you have 514

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000

PLAYABLE I SWEAR IT!

Edit: Never mind, I'm in high activity here lately, never noticed it passed 500

Unfortunatly, Isaac was unlockable in brawl. None of the unlockable assists (Ray 01, Barbara, Advance wars, shadow) were shown off either.
Still... we must have hope!

Arteen

Smash Lord
If Isaac's still an assist trophy, I wish Sakurai would just get it over with and show him off. A bunch of assists haven't been shown yet, default or hidden, so his absence doesn't mean much.

Barbara
Excitebike
Gray Fox - Probably out?
Hammer Bro
Helirin
Infantry and Tanks (Advance Wars)
Jill
Jeff
Kat and Anna - Replaced by Ashley?
Lakitu
Mr. Resetti
Ray
Shadow
Tingle

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
A bunch of assists haven't been shown yet, default or hidden, so his absence doesn't mean much.

Barbara
Excitebike
Gray Fox - Probably out?
Hammer Bro
Helirin
Infantry and Tanks (Advance Wars)
Jill
Jeff
Kat and Anna - Replaced by Ashley?
Lakitu
Mr. Resetti
Ray
Shadow
Tingle
Of those, only certain ones are likely or even possible to be playable. I would cap the amount of characters to get the lil Mac treatment at 3 tops. I think 2 is what will happen but leta just say 3 for good measure. the posaible characters are...
Barbara - unlikely
jill - I cant think of who she is right now
Jeff - very unlikely
Kat/Anna - actually a decent chance and would be cool
Ray - I rhink he's unlikely but he has a following I believe, he's just small but that could change i guess
Tingle - Anither I think is unlikely but has a following. (what would he do?)
Isaac - IMO is the Most likely after Lil Mac to go to playable. great moveset potential with amazing interesting fighting style possibilities and is well liked.
I hope they decided on him being playable and havent showed him for that reason because the list of possible playable ATs is getting very very short. ]

MetalMario128

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetalMario64
Of those, only certain ones are likely or even possible to be playable. I would cap the amount of characters to get the lil Mac treatment at 3 tops. I think 2 is what will happen but leta just say 3 for good measure. the posaible characters are...
Barbara - unlikely
jill - I cant think of who she is right now
Jeff - very unlikely
Kat/Anna - actually a decent chance and would be cool
Ray - I rhink he's unlikely but he has a following I believe, he's just small but that could change i guess
Tingle - Anither I think is unlikely but has a following. (what would he do?)
Isaac - IMO is the Most likely after Lil Mac to go to playable. great moveset potential with amazing interesting fighting style possibilities and is well liked.
I hope they decided on him being playable and havent showed him for that reason because the list of possible playable ATs is getting very very short. ]
Jill is from Drill Dozer.

If two more Assist Trophies got the "Little Mac treatment," I would personally pick Isaac and Ray.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Welp hopefully we get another batch of AT's at E3 to clarify better or not if Isaac has a shot. Let's hope he survives AT genocide #2

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
He's big in Japan? Since when? After the VC release? Really? If so, that's amazing.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I feel as though Isaac being excluded again is probably going to be one of the biggest backlashes.

But if it does happen, please leave Shulk and Xenoblade Chronicles alone.

Last edited:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Of course I'd love that @ Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa but I don't think Isaac's quite E3 level hype. Definitely a secret character IMO :)

@ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero Hopefully that doesn't have to happen. and if people blame a character for cockblocking another one then their opinions should be voided in the first place haha. I'm rooting for both sides man, would love the ultimate magic swordsman showdown!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can you take the Chrom hate elsewhere? We get it, you don't like Chrom, but how many times do you have to post it in a day?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
He loves hating on Chrom, especially considering that his inclusion would contradict Sakurai's talk about the emphasis on uniqueness.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Uniqueness or not, I don't think Isacc getting in or not isn't going be based on whether a 3rd character from an already existing series in Smash like Fire Emblem is included or not. So it still makes the point of bring Chrom up in this situation kind of odd, though I suppose I shouldn't be that surprised either.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I know really little about VA's, but Pit's voice actor Antonio del Rio could work, perhaps.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Johnny Yong Bosch is mine personal pick. He could use either his Cless Alvein (or Cress Albane) voice, his Guy Cecil voice, or Vash The Stampede voice.
His Cress Albane voice would seem the most suitable for a more down-to-earth character like Isaac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly I really do think Isaac was promoted to playable, and I support his inclusion. One major factor is that Smash Bros. helps to raise the popularity of OTHER franchises, they don't really hype Smash Bros. that much. Punch Out and Golden Sun are two popular ones that could definitely use more love, the other I think being Advance Wars (its long overdue). And Isaac would be such a great and unique character.

He'll probably be in his original design if he is, but I wouldn't mind bearded Isaac from Dark Dawn either.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but if Isaac got in, do you think it'd necessarily warrant him a stage on both consoles? or specifically on the 3DS because he derives from handheld games? With the recent virtual console, I think it'd be pretty gnarly to have a Wii U stage representing the original Golden Sun, while Dark Dawn is represented on the 3DS

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but if Isaac got in, do you think it'd necessarily warrant him a stage on both consoles? or specifically on the 3DS because he derives from handheld games? With the recent virtual console, I think it'd be pretty gnarly to have a Wii U stage representing the original Golden Sun, while Dark Dawn is represented on the 3DS
I think that'd be cool, though for new IP's they might just use the same stage on both versions. Technically Animal Crossing isn't a new IP in Smash Bros. because it had a stage in Brawl (a franchise isn't considered separate unless it has either its own stage or character as playable).

I only played the original Golden Sun about halfway through but I'm planning on replaying it soon. Especially if Isaac is announced at E3 (which I'm hoping, and kinda expecting really).

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
For the 3DS, I could see the Belinsk Opera house being a stage, with Crystallux and those dark monsters (forget what they were called) as stage hazards.

As for the Wii U, I could see them using Venus Lighthouse, with maybe the Fusion Dragon as a stage boss.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
I can't imagine them NOT using the top of a lighthouse for at least one of the versions... It fits SSB so well! With the main platform in the center, possibly with tiered levels and the two elevators on either side (maybe going up and down?) a fair ways away, with three little floating platforms strung in the air between. And the Music!! ah... Its so perfect!

I think both the venus and mercury lighthouses were layed out this way, but I cant quite remember how the other two were.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Personally even if Isaac is not in, i expect a 3DS stage of Golden Sun. Virtual Console changes little, 3DS version stages are suposed to be based mostly in handheld series.
If Isaac is playable, we can expect the stage in both versions, for that reason im paying atention in Wii U screenshots.

If you are interested in Stage options, this was discused before in this page:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...pt-isaac-for-ssb4-big-in-japan.324274/page-46
Here you can find my favorite place of Weyard to be a stage...
Elemental Star Chamber.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Personally even if Isaac is not in, i expect a 3DS stage of Golden Sun. Virtual Console changes little, 3DS version stages are suposed to be based mostly in handheld series.
If Isaac is playable, we can expect the stage in both versions, for that reason im paying atention in Wii U screenshots.

If you are interested in Stage options, this was discused before in this page:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...pt-isaac-for-ssb4-big-in-japan.324274/page-46
Here you can find my favorite place of Weyard to be a stage...
Elemental Star Chamber.
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I was thinking, but its been so long since I played Golden Sun I forgot what it was called. I think that'd be the perfect place to have a Golden Sun-based stage, especially since its right at the beginning of the game so most people would recognize it if they've played the game even for only a short while.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Long time supporter of Isaac, but I think Isaac is more likely to be secret character if he ever become playable character. Unfortunately I have a feeling that he would get a pass once again as secret assist trophy here.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
For the 3DS, I could see the Belinsk Opera house being a stage, with Crystallux and those dark monsters (forget what they were called) as stage hazards.
That's actually a great idea, since that part of the game is actually a reference to the commercial for the original game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOvwdVp8Fvo&feature=kp

I mean, it basically has nothing to do with the first two games, so it was really quite a bizarre commercial, but it would be cool if they referenced it again! And really, who doesn't want to do battle in an Opera House?

Top Bottom