• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At this point I think it's a given that Isaac is in the game in some form. Sakurai took the effort to bring back almost every AT and item from Brawl, and having a notable character like Isaac being completely removed doesn't make much sense.

Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The thing is, last time we were just happy to see Golden Sun content in brawl.

If Isaac just reprises his role as an assist and we get the same song with no stage or extra content, there'll be a lot more fist shaking in Sakurai's direction. It's not a scenario I'm looking forward to at all.

I have absolutely no doubt Isaac will be in the game, it's just question of how he'll appear.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It would be nice to see a dang Golden Sun stage...how on earth does Pilotwings and Electroplanckton get a stage before Golden sun?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Golden Sun is second on the Japanese Wii U eShop Charts!

Not bad at all, it's ahead of Mario, Wario, AW, and F-Zero. :D
In Japan!

At this point I think it's a given that Isaac is in the game in some form. Sakurai took the effort to bring back almost every AT and item from Brawl, and having a notable character like Isaac being completely removed doesn't make much sense.

Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic.
If not Isaac as an AT, then Matthew. I can't see him completely omitting GS.

The thing is, last time we were just happy to see Golden Sun content in brawl.

If Isaac just reprises his role as an assist and we get the same song with no stage or extra content, there'll be a lot more fist shaking in Sakurai's direction. It's not a scenario I'm looking forward to at all.

I have absolutely no doubt Isaac will be in the game, it's just question of how he'll appear.
Any way the cookie crumbles there will be some fanbase shaking their fists at Sakurai... I mean there already are several...

Arteen

Smash Lord
It would be nice to see a dang Golden Sun stage...how on earth does Pilotwings and Electroplanckton get a stage before Golden sun?
Golden Sun definitely deserves a stage more than Electroplankton does, but I'm still glad those stages exist.

Brawl had Hanenbow, Pictochat and Smashville. SSB4 already has Pilotwings, Balloon Fight, Nintendogs, Find Mii and Tomodachi Collection. Not every franchise can get a spot on the roster (or even an assist trophy), so it's great that some of those franchises can still get stage representation.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
^ Well, all those will probably be Mii stages, I'm 99% sure they'll be in. :p

Worst of this is, Tingle and Shadow supporters are feeling confident now... :rolleyes:
Welp, there's just no way that Sonic gets a 2nd character, and Shadow of all things (instead of Tails or Eggman). Tingle... while I'd hate it, he at least has a chance. Though I don't think he'll be in.

Golden Sun is second on the Japanese Wii U eShop Charts!

Not bad at all, it's ahead of Mario, Wario, AW, and F-Zero. :D In Japan!
Huzzah!

I'm definitely getting Golden Sun when it's released, even if it takes me a bit to play it, just to help it chart. :grin:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
^ Well, all those will probably be Mii stages, I'm 99% sure they'll be in. :p

Welp, there's just no way that Sonic gets a 2nd character, and Shadow of all things (instead of Tails or Eggman). Tingle... while I'd hate it, he at least has a chance. Though I don't think he'll be in.

Huzzah!

I'm definitely getting Golden Sun when it's released, even if it takes me a bit to play it, just to help it chart. :grin:
This Direct made me so happy, I feel as though we've all dodged a Mii-shaped bullet. Obviously we aren't out of the woods yet, but for now my hope of Miis not appearing is sustained. As for additional characters, If Sonic is getting anything it'll be an Assist Trophy. Tingle....doesn't really have anything to make a moveset out of, does he? Ooh, or maybe this: maybe the Great Bay Melee stage will return, and Tingle can be a stage boss who throws Rupees at whoever pops his balloons. In that it'd be a case of trying to avoid hitting Tingle (or just throwing your opponent into him).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Was Isaac a secret AT in Brawl?
Because if not then he has an almost definite chance of being playable.
I mean look what Sakurai did to Saki fans.
He shot down Saki as soon as he got the chance but it ain't lookin that way for Isaac.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This Direct made me so happy, I feel as though we've all dodged a Mii-shaped bullet. Obviously we aren't out of the woods yet, but for now my hope of Miis not appearing is sustained. As for additional characters, If Sonic is getting anything it'll be an Assist Trophy. Tingle....doesn't really have anything to make a moveset out of, does he? Ooh, or maybe this: maybe the Great Bay Melee stage will return, and Tingle can be a stage boss who throws Rupees at whoever pops his balloons. In that it'd be a case of trying to avoid hitting Tingle (or just throwing your opponent into him).
Hey now, as the OP of the Tingle thread, I suggest you head there once. We have as many movesets as the K. Rool thread. ;)
He shot down Saki as soon as he got the chance but it ain't lookin that way for Isaac.
Unfortunately, Isaac was an unlockable AT.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Double Posting Warning Received
Isaac could still be a secret Assist Trophy, but it seems Sakurai has something more in store for our Earth Adept.

Hey now, as the OP of the Tingle thread, I suggest you head there once. We have as many movesets as the K. Rool thread. ;)

Unfortunately, Isaac was an unlockable AT.
True, but could Matthew be the possible new AT, or, if Isaac is confirmed AT could Matthew take his place as the series rep?

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If we get an AT of a Golden Sun character who isn't Isaac, then Isaac would indirectly be confirmed.

OR, we need to see something resembling the Golden Sun logo.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Wait, was golden sun released on the Wii U already?

Oh well, already have the cart, so I'm honestly just waiting for the lost age to come out.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Unless Sakurai has an assist trophy reveal lined up for sometime next week, it'll probably be a quiet couple weeks of repeating Direct content before we get anything truly new.

My bet is still on an E3 Isaac reveal or bust.

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
I think april 17th was the best chance we had for an Isaac reveal but its pretty close to the Smash Direct. I think they'll reveal him later (probably at E3). I'm just happy Charizard is on his own now so all I need is Isaac and Wolf for me to be content with the character roster.

I always Imagined Isaac to be a slower sword character with a bunch of Psynergy moves and a grab that that has far reach but misses up close (Grip). Kinda like a tether grab that's fast like a normal grab but doesn't grab up close. Could be his Up B recovery move too! Would act like an aerial grab move that pulls him to the ledge or grabs opponents (and propels Isaac towards the opponent for a strike of some sort) if hes on the ground. That way he's generally a grounded (get it?) character.

Crossing my Fingers for him!!

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping that Isaac not being revealed as an AT is for a good reason. When I was watching it, I was crossing my fingers hoping that he'd be playable instead.

I'm not sure how to take him not showing up already. I don't want to get too hopeful and have my hopes dashed again, yet, I can't help but hope that despite him being a secret AT last time, he might take a more action packed role. With all the Djinn, I can see Isaac being the best for customisation which was revealed as a new thing.

I mean, the guy has a huge movepool open to him, and when it was mentioned, I couldn't help but think instantly of Isaac. There's not many characters that I think about off hand that could match that. (Secretly I'm hoping beyond all hope that when they talk more about customisation they're going to reveal him then.)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Unless Sakurai has an assist trophy reveal lined up for sometime next week, it'll probably be a quiet couple weeks of repeating Direct content before we get anything truly new.

My bet is still on an E3 Isaac reveal or bust.
Many have always considered Isaac as a potential secret character though. So fortunately (or maybe unfortunately depending on your viewpoint) there will be no busting until the game is released. (or we see Isaac back as an assist)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I always saw Isaac as the definite contender for locked status, as many others seem to as well, so I was not necessarily counting on an early reveal of him. I'm just glad that we don't have that much longer to wait to know one way or the other. Summer is a lot sooner than I was expecting to know the full roster.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I still don't get why they didn't showed him as an AT in the direct if he's not playable, he's arguably one of the most famous assists.
Not saying he's in but his chances have grown by a lot, not only because of that but because most of the competition has been deconfirmed: Ridley, Saki, Lyn...
Now I do think he'll be an E3 reveal, along with Palutena and someone else.

We just need something, a WiiU GS stage; Matthew, Felix or Garet as AT would set the deal for me.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You know what would be even better than an Isaac reveal at E3?

Another Assist Trophy trailer that includes every remaining unconfirmed brawl Assist Trophy except Isaac.

Just so we could observe all the :O faces afterwards.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's impressive! I hope Camelot takes it as a sign that there is still interest in Golden Sun.
Me too, me too. Who knows, they have pretty much exclusively worked on portables since the Gamecube (minus the New Play Control release of Power Tennis), and now both Golf and Tennis are out of the way...

If we get an AT of a Golden Sun character who isn't Isaac, then Isaac would indirectly be confirmed.

OR, we need to see something resembling the Golden Sun logo.
Or... Sakurai just switches the GS AT from Isaac to Matthew and the sting of no Isaac gets even more painful should he not be playable...

But if we do see a logo, it's pretty much over. What other series would have a sun for their logo at this point? (I assume that's what GS's would be)

Wait, was golden sun released on the Wii U already?

Oh well, already have the cart, so I'm honestly just waiting for the lost age to come out.
In Japan, yes. And surprisingly, it's doing quite well! :grin:

I'm glad we could at least end this week on a more positive note.
I'd say the lack of Isaac in the Direct and the sales of GS are both positive notes, even if only one directly relates to Smash.

I still don't get why they didn't showed him as an AT in the direct if he's not playable, he's arguably one of the most famous assists.
To be fair, the same could be said about Tingle, he's more famous than the majority of ATs, and one of the only remaining ATs that still has a shot at playability (I'd say one of only two).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Or... Sakurai just switches the GS AT from Isaac to Matthew and the sting of no Isaac gets even more painful should he not be playable...
It's doubtful at best when Saki didn't get switched for Isa.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I've tried to compile a list of the ATs not shown in the Direct (not counting 3rd Parties):
Isaac
Jill
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Tingle
Excite Bike
Lakitu
Advance Wars
Helilrin
Barbara the Bat
Ray MK II
Mr. Resetti

A big list, but hopes for Isaac are still high. What we really need is a Golden Sun stage to really cement an unofficial confirmation.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's doubtful at best when Saki didn't get switched for Isa.
I agree, but Sakurai is an evil troll and I no longer put anything past him. :p

I've tried to compile a list of the ATs not shown in the Direct (not counting 3rd Parties):
Isaac
Jill
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Tingle
Excite Bike
Lakitu
Advance Wars
Helilrin
Barbara the Bat
Ray MK II
Mr. Resetti

A big list, but hopes for Isaac are still high. What we really need is a Golden Sun stage to really cement an unofficial confirmation.
The most I see as far as a GS stage before a GS character would be a pic zoomed in to the extent we couldn't place the origin of the stage. I doubt Sakurai would play his hand so blatantly otherwise.

Also Hammer Bro.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I agree, but Sakurai is an evil troll and I no longer put anything past him. :p

The most I see as far as a GS stage before a GS character would be a pic zoomed in to the extent we couldn't place the origin of the stage. I doubt Sakurai would play his hand so blatantly otherwise.

Also Hammer Bro.
True. But he layed it openly with the Boxing Ring (sort of), the galaxy Stage and the Lumoise City stage.
However, 2 of the 3 were rather unpredicted. If he showed a GS Wii U stage it would be blatantly obvious but a 3DS one may be less obvious.

Ah, Hammer Bro. I didn't think he was shown, but I was second guessing myself for some reason.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The thing about the Galaxy stage and Lumoise City is we were inevitable going to get stages from both those games with or without characters that debuted in them as well, it's not really the same as showing the stage from a completely new series. It's also not like those stages belong solely to Rosalina and Greninja either, they still belong to the series as a whole. We've received a SS stage, but no SS character... (as we did last time with TP).

And if he had shown the Punch-Out stage in its actual Punch-Out version... that'd be a bit of a different story. I don't see him showing a GS stage with all elements of GS deliberately removed, it likely still wouldn't be generic and therefore ambiguous enough.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hammer Bros was shown briefly as a smash run enemy, not officially but in the footage.

Speaking of smash run, what mooks could the Golden Sun series contribute? Which are the most memorable/iconic?

I'm thinking.....

Ghost, Punch Ant, Gargoyle, Mushroom, Tornado Lizard, Manticore, Will Head, Wood Walker, Golem, Living Statue and Star Magician.

are the most interesting possibilities. Who do you think would best represent Golden Sun and also be interesting to fight against? Which enemy would contribute well visually?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well for me personally the Ghost, Mushroom and Manticore are the most memorable enemies.

Although the Tornado Lizards and Living Statues are also pretty iconic as they factor into the storyline. (You have to defeat numerous ones of each to progress)

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Elec man be an unlockable AT?

IIRC Shadow was unlocked by unlocking Sonic in Brawl. So it's a fair assumption that Elec Man would be unlocked by unlocking Mega Man this time.
Considering it is a 3rd party AT I don't think the same case applies for him here. Keep in mind Gray Fox was shown off separately than the Unlockable AT Dojo post which contained the likes of Ray MK III, Barbara, Infantry and Tanks, Isaac and yes ... Shadow. Shadow is a little different but I assume he was shown off with them considering how late Sonic was originally shown off.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Well for me personally the Ghost, Mushroom and Manticore are the most memorable enemies.

Although the Tornado Lizards and Living Statues are also pretty iconic as they factor into the storyline. (You have to defeat numerous ones of each to progress)
Tornado Lizards and Living Statues it is for me, then.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The Tornado Lizards are capable of generating tornadoes (Shocker!) and the Living Statues spout water from their mouths flooding an area over time.

The living statues essentially flooded a town with their spit in the original Golden Sun, lovely.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Golden Sun had a lot of varied enemies, comparable to a Mario & Luigi game. I liked the Gnomes personally.

I think any of them are really iconic though.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Isaac
Jill
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Tingle
Excite Bike
Lakitu
Advance Wars
Helilrin
Barbara the Bat
Ray MK II
Mr. Resetti

So pretty much....no unlockable AT from Brawl was shown. :c Hmm...I still think that Isaac not being shown bodes well but I'm going to wait until its confirmed. Not going to get excited until I see unlockable ATs without Isaac or major GS evidence.

Also for enemies to represent I'd actually say the Skeleton because they are the most iconic. They appear in all 3 Golden Sun games, are fought early on and have a couple different forms as well. If there could be 2 I would probably pick the Ghost or Siren to accompany it, 2 other iconic enemies that appear across all 3 games.

Top Bottom