• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
If GS gets some representation in PxZ2 then I sure hope that Alex or Saturos are featured as the villain(s). But honestly, when I read that Fiora and Lucina got in, I immediately thought "ok Golden Sun gets the shaft again". Kind of like when Shumk got in Sm4sh over Isaac. Don't get me wrong, I love Shulk, but Isaac tho ;~;

EDIT: Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the eShop right now? I am in Europe and can't get to it no matter whether I am on my Wii U or my brother's 3DS.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Just played a demo of the first Project X. I really like the basic concept, but the overall gameplay, I feel, needs some more depth. [Shrugs] Then again, it's just a demo; I don't know what the final version has. I don't like how all enemy and allied units are forced to move in a mixed, fixed order; it makes planning very difficult. It's like playing chess and someone saying, "You HAVE to move your knight first, then HE has to move his rightmost pawn first!" and so on. I would have preferred the Fire Emblem approach, or SOMEthing more flexible. I might just skip the game just because of that.

Now that I've thought more about it, if PXZ2 did get Golden Sun representation, I'd want it to be Isaac and Ivan. It would reflect well upon the Jupiter Lighthouse scene in GS2. [EDIT] Plus, it would be funny seeing Ivan read the minds of other crossover fighters.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Still bugs me they got the name wrong, but this is still really cool.
View attachment 74315
That's fricken awesome...
Something like this piece of fanart? Adult Isaac and Jenna, Flaming Golden Duo xD

art by Sora-G Silverwind (she's a huge GS fan so she has tons of art like this) on DeviantArt

Yes, Isaac did steal Cloud's Buster Sword for this piece :p
That's also fricken awesome...
I think if we get a character in Project X they might be Mathew... because they use characters that sometimes aren't the face of the series...
I would like to see Older Isaac and Jenna (or Garet)... but in their older and "Prime" forms... just like Fioria in her mecha form

(I hate to see Chrom and Lucina in that game... there are a lot of lords that could be there instead of them...)
No idea what game you're talking about but as for the Awakening characters being in this game that I have no idea what it is, you have to understand that Awakening basically saved the Fire Emblem series from extinction. And it is fairly popular to boot.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just thinking about that PXZ2 game. What if the reason Shulk isn't paired with Fiora, is because he's paired with Isaac?

That would be something different.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I know Young Isaac is the face of this thread, but I'd love to see Bearded Isaac be playable. I just like his older look better, even if it's far from his iconic look since it's his unplayable appearance.

Morbi

Scavenger
I know Young Isaac is the face of this thread, but I'd love to see Bearded Isaac be playable. I just like his older look better, even if it's far from his iconic look since it's his unplayable appearance.
I could not agree with your sentiment any further. I feel as though he would offer a little bit more diversity to the roster in terms of pure aesthetics and in some ways, if I understand Golden Sun, he would represent the series better in his older incarnation. However, most people probably prefer his iconic look. It is what it is.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Am I the only one who cares about this, because this is a big deal. There are so many characters in Xenoblade Chronicles, how could you only like one?
Sylux
Sylux is said to have a very strong grudge against Samus for some reason, so it's unlikely that it'd cooperate with Samus unless it had to, which is probably impossible. Hopefully that'll be explored upon in Metroid Prime 4 and Federation Force. If anything, I'd see Sylux potentially being an enemy character or a boss in PXZ2. And potentially a good pick for another Metroid character in Smash Bros - hopefully if by Smash 5 and Ridley becomes playable, then we'll have 4 Metroid characters at long last!

But the above statement regarding Shulk and Isaac paired up in PXZ2. I can only say the cliché Bison "Yes!" to that!
10-9 days left until the update!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I think if old Isaac is playable, he'd be an alternate costume. Kinda like how Robin works.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was on another bus journey today (different company) and they add WiFi so I added another vote for Isaac.

I'm not convinced we're going to get a character announcement as soon as the ballot ends to be honest. I think we could be waiting until late October or even November before hearing anything. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I was just thinking about that PXZ2 game. What if the reason Shulk isn't paired with Fiora, is because he's paired with Isaac?

Nah, they probably got paired because of their similar characteristics of being mech-like humans and being characters created by Monolith Soft. :p

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

I think it's less that Shulk will actually appear in the game and more that Fiora and KOS-MOS are fanservice-y gynoids that appear from games that begin with "Xeno-". If a Golden Sun character were to appear, it would be most likely be with a character from the Shining Series because Camelot.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think it's less that Shulk will actually appear in the game and more that Fiora and KOS-MOS are fanservice-y gynoids that appear from games that begin with "Xeno-". If a Golden Sun character were to appear, it would be most likely be with a character from the Shining Series because Camelot.
I would totally support that, but I think Sega has forgotten that series.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Not exactly, there are a few characters from Shining Force in the Project X Zone.

Shining Force EXA though which although treated as a game of the franchise was NOT developed by the developers of Camelot, and was not that great of a game critically (or commercially I guess).

I would love Isaac to be paired with a more classical Shining Force character. I loved the Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (also on GBA) so the protagonist of that game and our Golden boy would be a great GBA pair.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Bearded Isaac would be nice to have a more serious character (Like Snake was) and counter the "Generic anime kid" stuff.
But if we need an epic beard, Kraden is a better choice :p

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Do Young and Older Isaac have different proportions? If not, I would definitely like a Bearded alt. Plenty of mustaches on this roster but we only have like one beard (Ganondorf). Needs moar beards.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Do Young and Older Isaac have different proportions? If not, I would definitely like a Bearded alt. Plenty of mustaches on this roster but we only have like one beard (Ganondorf). Needs moar beards.
Adult Isaac would technically be taller than his younger counterpart, so an alt would be implausible. Matthew being an alt would be more logical choice if Young Isaac is the playable version.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I was on another bus journey today (different company) and they add WiFi so I added another vote for Isaac.

I'm not convinced we're going to get a character announcement as soon as the ballot ends to be honest. I think we could be waiting until late October or even November before hearing anything. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
I think so as well; but the update on September 30th should suffice to tell us who's getting in and who's not. And now, for the first time in months, I am actually feeling excited for Smash content.

I think Adult Isaac is slightly taller. Young Isaac would be close to Marth's size, while Adult Isaac would probably be more like the likes of Ike, Ganondorf of Captain Falcon.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Adult Isaac would technically be taller than his younger counterpart, so an alt would be implausible. Matthew being an alt would be more logical choice if Young Isaac is the playable version.
I think they could work around it by ignoring the height difference and using Adult Isaac as the base height, but changing just the hair, face a bit, and outfit.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
If the proportions are a problem for adult Isaac, I definitely wouldn't mind a Felix alt. You do play as him for the entirety of the second game, so he's definitely a recognisable face. Also brown hair rules.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
In respone to the Shulk discussion above, if Shulk were paired with someone outside of Xenoblade, I'd want it to be Kalas from Baten Kaitos. Shulk and Kalas have a lot in common in that both their adventures started off as a quest for revenge, but overtime got involved in something much greater.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I like Young Isaac over Adult Isaac, so I hope they go along with Young Isaac, since he's the iconic one, however, I would like an Adult Isaac alt (he would get slightly bigger tho). Matthew and Felix are also good alt choices imo.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bearded Isaac would be a bit weird, imo.

Although his dress is cooler than Young Isaac. So I'll accept that as an alt.

:231:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Something like this piece of fanart? Adult Isaac and Jenna, Flaming Golden Duo xD

art by Sora-G Silverwind (she's a huge GS fan so she has tons of art like this) on DeviantArt

Yes, Isaac did steal Cloud's Buster Sword for this piece :p
So... AWESOME!

There are solo characters in the game? Even if there are, Golden Sun being an RPG with a team, it would be odd if he appeared as a solo unit.

It might make more sense if he was paired with another character like how Fiora was paired with KOS-MOS (a spiritual predecessor). Isaac needs to be paired with a person from Shining Force if that happens!!
I've only played through a little bit of Sword of Hajya, so I don't really know many characters, but I really like both Centaurs I have on my team.

I would be okay with that as long as there was another GS duo somewhere to balance it out.

Oh, BTW I'm really hoping for Gangrel or Maybe Walhart as FE Villains and Saturos as a GS villain. (because I hate them)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bearded Isaac is the design future games will use.

It also sets him apart.

If I were designing the game. I'd use that design.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I wouldn't care one way or another.

Bearded Old Isaac or Playable Young Isaac, I wouldn't care. The important thing would be the fact that Isaac is playable.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just saw in the main character dlc thread that Isaac ranked 4th overall. (Just behind Wolf, Inklings and the Ice Climbers)

Very happy with that result, especially considering the Ice Climbers are a long shot at this stage.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Top 438 in the Individual Character Poll!
Want to see how well your character is doing in the top 438 check and find out!
The poll results are based on this poll.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Thanks Logo12 from Smashboards for making this!
Over 1600+ votes have been casted in the poll, if you haven't voted please do so!

D

Deleted member

Top 438 in the Individual Character Poll!

Want to see how well your character is doing in the top 438 check and find out!
The poll results are based on this poll.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Thanks Logo12 from Smashboards for making this!
Over 1600+ votes have been casted in the poll, if you haven't voted please do so!
Wow, 4 of the top 5 characters I want are in the top 50, and 3 of them are in the top 15.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Matthew is 91st and Felix 111th... Not bad, actually! :awesome:

Also, if somehow the overall average popularity (taking negative point of view) was taken into account... Well Isaac would definitely be a shoo-in: The number of people opposed to his inclusion is ridiculously small, we did a great job to promote him, really. We can be proud. :grin:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Phoenix Wright being 17th and even beating one of the "top" contenders (Bandana Dee) is pretty amazing.

...oh, I guess I should mention how good Isaac being fourth is as well :p

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Phoenix Wright being 17th and even beating one of the "top" contenders (Bandana Dee) is pretty amazing.

...oh, I guess I should mention how good Isaac being fourth is as well :p
To be honest, when you get outside of SmashBoards, Bandanna Dee doesn't have nearly as much support as other characters do.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Isaac above Snake, K. Rool and Banjo? That's what I'm talkin about. #GOLDENAGE

Not that I don't want those characters in; personally I'm all about the return of Wolf and Snake. But this is good news!

Top Bottom