• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

D

Deleted member

I guess if I were to settle on one last third party, it'd have to be Snake. -Now thinking of Snake Codec for Isaac.
Snake: "This guy looks like one of your anime characters, Otacon."
Otacon: "Oh, he's far from that, Snake! Although he may come off to people like that, there's so much more to Isaac than just a mere sword fighter!"
Snake: "And that might be...?"
Otacon: "Isaac is a Venus Adept - that means he's extremely proficient in using powerful Psynergy to manipulate the earth to his will."
Snake: "Yeah, those tremors from his attacks are the real deal. And it seems he can use those vines to snare me."
Otacon: "Isaac's potential is limitless. Don't let your guard down lest you want this battle to go down a landslide."
Snake: "And already you've made a solid pun." *Hides in a box in the Golden Sun 4 shipping warehouse*

Like I said - I want Snake back of all third party choices now, and if I were to have an indie - I'd probably go with Shantae. But, Isaac's still #2 in my varying top ten.
You just reminded me of the wasted opportunity that were the Palutena Guidances.

I hope that if Snake comes back, he has codecs that blow the guidances out of the water.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Yeah I agree the guidances were boring compared to the codec conversation.

I think Great Bay will return because of MM 3D.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I guess if I were to settle on one last third party, it'd have to be Snake. -Now thinking of Snake Codec for Isaac.
Snake: "This guy looks like one of your anime characters, Otacon."
Otacon: "Oh, he's far from that, Snake! Although he may come off to people like that, there's so much more to Isaac than just a mere sword fighter!"
Snake: "And that might be...?"
Otacon: "Isaac is a Venus Adept - that means he's extremely proficient in using powerful Psynergy to manipulate the earth to his will."
Snake: "Yeah, those tremors from his attacks are the real deal. And it seems he can use those vines to snare me."
Otacon: "Isaac's potential is limitless. Don't let your guard down lest you want this battle to go down a landslide."
Snake: "And already you've made a solid pun." *Hides in a box in the Golden Sun 4 shipping warehouse*

Like I said - I want Snake back of all third party choices now, and if I were to have an indie - I'd probably go with Shantae. But, Isaac's still #2 in my varying top ten.
Snake's trailer ends with him under the cardboard box then Isaac lifts it up with Psynergy.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's been FAR to long since I've been on the Boards. How's everything been going everyone?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It's been FAR to long since I've been on the Boards. How's everything been going everyone?
Still no Isaac. The unchecked ignorance of the internet continues to poop itself everywhere, even here on SmashBoards (*cough*hack*Rate Their Chances thread*cough*hack*). Shovel Knight gets an amiibo and a rumor.

So pretty much same old, same old.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Dropped a new vote for Isaac during the train trip and we are getting close to 3rd October, maybe the direct will be around that date.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Hey Adepts, the YouTuber SomeCallMeJohnny recently spotlighted a game called Almightree. This game has an interesting plant/earth based puzzle mechanic that involves transporting blocks of land around. Wouldn't that be a cool idea for a Venus Psynergy in a future game? I'll provide the video:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Why does the guy on the thumbnail looks like Matthew?

Let's see, blond plus blue outfit plus vine accents on the arm being able to Move blocks of Earth and casting Growth at the end of each stage...obviously this is Isaac in an AU where they fail to get to the Mars Lighthouse (ie. It tumbled of the edge of the world) and thus he needs to prevent the world from crumbling apart some other way, which has further accelerated.

Either that or Finn from Adventure Time.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
a question: Each computer will only compute one vote in the smash ballot?
As far as I know, we have no idea how it works.

My only guess is that they have means to avoid spam votes to some extent, because that's just obvious that some people won't be listening and will try to get around the system. That's the first thing you learn about getting inputs from users when doing things on the internet, and it's the most important.

Let's see, blond plus blue outfit plus vine accents on the arm being able to Move blocks of Earth and casting Growth at the end of each stage...obviously this is Isaac in an AU where they fail to get to the Mars Lighthouse (ie. It tumbled of the edge of the world) and thus he needs to prevent the world from crumbling apart some other way, which has further accelerated.

Either that or Finn from Adventure Time.
But that's just a theory... A GAME THEORY!

Seriously, that works surprisingly well... Now I want to know if the creator(s) played Golden Sun.
After all, there's references to Golden Sun in Evoland 2, soooo... Who knows?

D

Deleted member

I posted this in the Bandanna Dee and K.Rool threads. Since i support Isaac just like these two, i decided to post this here as well.

(emotional music)

The day smash 4 Speculation ends will be a sad day for me.

It was the reason i wanted to join these boards and once it's all over, im going to most likely dissapear. Im not the most social person here, and once this ends i will look for something else to do.

However, when speculation of the next Smash game arrives i may be there, and i will tell stories of all the people i met during my journey. Chronobound, BKupa, Swampasaur, Chandelure, GoldenYuiitusin and so on and so on. I will talk about how once upon a time Robin and Duck Hunt were seen as no-hopers and yet they joined the roster line up while "Shoo-ins" like Chrom and Chorus Kids were excluded.

However, by the time the next Smash game is announced, i will most likely moved on on my life as a lonely, busy man. Despite that, i will never forget those times in which i joined to talk about my dreampicks.

I wish i could have joined sooner to these boards, that way i could have seen how speculation changed. Speculation may have been chaotic, but it still was fun for me at least, even if i only joined this crazy ride literally the last 3 months before the ballot ends.

If Bandanna Dee/Isaac/K.Rool/Paper Mario/Wolf don't make it in, it wouldn't be the first time a character i wanted doesn't make it in (Waluigi, Ridley and Takamaru come to mind). Only 4 characters that i wanted have made it in so far (:4megaman::4littlemac::4mewtwo::4feroy:)

and the hype i had for Mewtwo and Mega Man was a whole different level. (even if Mewtwo is a terrible character for Competitive play and Mega Man is still most likely not going to get a new game for at least a few years)

I joined speculation to have fun while i waited for Smash 4 and it's DLC and i can safely say that i had fun doing so. Thanks guys.

If i ever come back to speculate once the next Smash game is announced, i hope to see you again.

The point of this post is that even if Isaac doesn't make it in, i still had fun talking about our favorite Venus Adept. Im happy to see that people liked the 4-koma gag comics i posted since i felt those comics could give this thread more to talk about.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I posted this in the Bandanna Dee and K.Rool threads. Since i support Isaac just like these two, i decided to post this here as well.

(emotional music)

It was the reason i wanted to join these boards and once it's all over, im going to most likely dissapear. Im not the most social person here, and once this ends i will look for something else to do.

However, when speculation of the next Smash game arrives i may be there, and i will tell stories of all the people i met during my journey. Chronobound, BKupa, Swampasaur, Chandelure, GoldenYuiitusin and so on and so on. I will talk about how once upon a time Robin and Duck Hunt were seen as no-hopers and yet they joined the roster line up while "Shoo-ins" like Chrom and Chorus Kids were excluded.

However, by the time the next Smash game is announced, i will most likely moved on on my life as a lonely, busy man. Despite that, i will never forget those times in which i joined to talk about my dreampicks.

I wish i could have joined sooner to these boards, that way i could have seen how speculation changed. Speculation may have been chaotic, but it still was fun for me at least, even if i only joined this crazy ride literally the last 3 months before the ballot ends.

If Bandanna Dee/Isaac/K.Rool/Paper Mario/Wolf don't make it in, it wouldn't be the first time a character i wanted doesn't make it in (Waluigi, Ridley and Takamaru come to mind). Only 4 characters that i wanted have made it in so far (:4megaman::4littlemac::4mewtwo::4feroy:)

and the hype i had for Mewtwo and Mega Man was a whole different level. (even if Mewtwo is a terrible character for Competitive play and Mega Man is still most likely not going to get a new game for at least a few years)

I joined speculation to have fun while i waited for Smash 4 and it's DLC and i can safely say that i had fun doing so. Thanks guys.

If i ever come back to speculate once the next Smash game is announced, i hope to see you again.

The point of this post is that even if Isaac doesn't make it in, i still had fun talking about our favorite Venus Adept. Im happy to see that people liked the 4-koma gag comics i posted since i felt those comics could give this thread more to talk about.
Posts like these make me sad. See you in Smash 5.
bigbosssalute.jpg

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

(emotional music)

So I'm not alone in wanting to be the Cranky Kong of the next speculation scene? Haha.

Well, see you again when Smash NX rolls around then, which probably won't be too far away. :)

:231:

D

Deleted member

So I'm not alone in wanting to be the Cranky Kong of the next speculation scene? Haha.

Well, see you again when Smash NX rolls around then, which probably won't be too far away. :)

The Chronobound of smash speculation would be a better term for me personally. In other words a passionate and old supporter from the old days.

I heard that he has been speculating since Pre-Melee, most notably beign one of the first Ridley supporters.

He also was part of Brawl speculation and he even coined the term "The Forbidden Seven" (or so i heard).

During Smash 4 speculation,he was the driving force of the Roy thread during most of it's run. I want to make write-ups that are just as inspiring as his. "Fire Emblem Wars" (which talked about how speculation about FE speculation was during the pre-Brawl hype) and his write ups before E3 2013 are some of my favorites. I know that he is burnt out of speculating and that Smash 4 is going to be most likely the last Smash game he followed.

I see myself in a similar scenario once the next game rolls around, although i don't get in many arguments myself since i consider myself more of the "silent" type of supporter but that might change in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, I do not support Isaac for the silliest reason. His hair, it truly bothers me. I would not mind Adult Isaac or Matthew as their hair is not entirely repugnant. But if Isaac gets in with his iconic look... well, hopefully Sakurai does what most fan-art I have seen of him does. Fix that hair.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Chronobound of smash speculation would be a better term for me personally. In other words a passionate and old supporter from the old days.

I heard that he has been speculating since Pre-Melee, most notably beign one of the first Ridley supporters.

He also was part of Brawl speculation and he even coined the term "The Forbidden Seven" (or so i heard).

During Smash 4 speculation,he was the driving force of the Roy thread during most of it's run. I want to make write-ups that are just as inspiring as his. "Fire Emblem Wars" (which talked about how speculation about FE speculation was during the pre-Brawl hype) and his write ups before E3 2013 are some of my favorites. I know that he is burnt out of speculating and that Smash 4 is going to be most likely the last Smash game he followed.

I see myself in a similar scenario once the next game rolls around, although i don't get in many arguments myself since i consider myself more of the "silent" type of supporter but that might change in the future.
I know Chrono well.

Chronobound's role is a tough act to follow. He was the leader of the Ridley fanbase here alongside Roy's. Keeping the Ridley supporters calm during the worst of times was no small task, as most regulars will tell you. At the same time he was working to get Lyn, Ridley and Sami into Project M as well.

It's quite a miracle he was able to handle this much. He used to argue against detractors hera and on GameFAQs as well. And he was around during Melee's speculation to boot. There are few battle hardened veteran speculators like him, honestly.

It's an admirable goal to be the next Chronobound. Anyone who reaches his level is pretty much immortal in the speculation scene's mind. :)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I'm not sure you can consider yourself the "ChronoBound of Smash speculation" if you view Smash 4 spec as the "old days"...

There are still handfuls of users on here from pre-Brawl days of speculation, myself included, but it's a nice aspiration to have. Chrono's impact on the Smash speculation scene, at least on this site (and GameFAQs) was truly invaluable. Last I spoke with him his plans were to depart from active series speculation with Smash 4, so while it's totally admirable to want to take up his torch in the future, it's really just a matter of seeing how things will play out. I don't doubt there will be a fair number of Smash 4 speculators who will carry on into the next iteration in the series, just as there were Brawl speculators who popped back up for Smash 4.

In any case, many thanks for showing your Isaac support, every bit helps.

D

Deleted member

Just before anyone else replies to my post, i want to point out that im not leaving yet guys.

Im still going to post here until Sakurai reveals all the characters left for DLC (which could take a little while).
After that happens, im definetly leaving.

Personally i feel that September 30th is just a sign of things to come. Since i think that Smash 4's DLC will only last this year (and maybe early January 2016, but that's just a big "maybe" from me)

These remaining days until the end of the Ballot are going to be most likely dreadfull due to the major influx of fake leaks/rumors and other stuff.

The only thing i want from you guys is that you must not give up until the very end, even if things get complicated.

EDIT: I almost forgot to thank you guys for beign so nice to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Almost over, but we must keep going strong 'til the very end, so let's show our support to Isaac in another all but necessary strawpoll:

http://strawpoll.me/5516082

Huh also, I'm not sure we should talk about Starfox Zero's delay to 2016, if not, let's make my question sink, but if it's okay...
How does that impacts Wolf's chances?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Almost over, but we must keep going strong 'til the very end, so let's show our support to Isaac in another all but necessary strawpoll:

Huh also, I'm not sure we should talk about Starfox Zero's delay to 2016, if not, let's make my question sink, but if it's okay...
It raises the chances of Wolf being the last DLC character released, but otherwise, it doesn't really change much overall.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

Just threw my vote to Isaac. Also, I don't think the delay hurts Wolf's chances, he will probably be the last pre-ballot DLC character.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

I'm not too concerned about the delay. If it does affect Wolf's chances...*shrugs*

I hope he does get in though, otherwise Sakurai delivered a swift punch to the nether regions to those who wanted the most requested veteran back.

But let's not dabble on this. If anything, we should be looking foward and hope that our adept gets in.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
On a scale of :001: to :010: what do you say you think Isaac's chances are?

For me it's :009:.:009:
Sounds about right. But I fear it may be overly hopeful. I'll say :006: or :007: to be safer/less crushed if the worst should happen. Hard to filter out my bias.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I see Wolf as a :086:d thing but imo Isaac is pretty :201a:. At this point getting him is fairly :113:, given that the K. Rool costume :089:d everything up. It's difficult not to feel a bit of :044: regarding his odds, though I wouldn't say getting him is totally :083:.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I see Wolf as a :086:d thing but imo Isaac is pretty :201a:. At this point getting him is fairly :113:, given that the K. Rool costume :089:d everything up. It's difficult not to feel a bit of :044: regarding his odds, though I wouldn't say getting him is totally :083:.
And just like that, the Isaac Support Thread turned into the Sonic Social thread

:4lemmy:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I refuse to discuss Isaacs chances in pokeglyphics until we get access to Gen 3 emotes.

I'm putting my foot down.

(Since when have we had Pokemon emotes anyway?)

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I rate them :007:.:008:/:010:, too much viable contenders... :158:

No but seriously, I have no idea... The whole concept of "ratings" doesn't really mean much, to me. After all it's all or nothing.
In the end, all we did was trying to identify a list of characters Sakurai will really consider, and Isaac will be a part of that list, no doubt about it. Now will he make the cut...? It wouldn't be the first time Golden Sun is screwed if he doesn't.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
a matter of weeks until the end of the ballot... I really want to know which character will be chosen sooner

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Are we playing some sort of Pokemon forum game to rate their chances?

I would rate Isaac a rock-ing chance of :075:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Are we playing some sort of Pokemon forum game to rate their chances?

I would rate Isaac a rock-ing chance of :075:
I suppose you're rating that out of :100:?

Eh, not a bad estimate, I guess. About what a lot of us actually think. But less than we hope.

Top Bottom