• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I've gotta question why Issac's not already in the game. The Venus Adept deserves it for having such a successful RPG series. The fact he has almost no negatives in his favor (besides having more support here in the West then in Japan and the silly arguments about people claiming he'd just be another fire emblem anime swordsman) shows he's got a huge shot. Also, trust me when I say this, but at first, I originally wanted him because of his yellow hair and scarf, but he has far more potential to me now after looking at his games and seeing some of his abilities, so don't worry. :4dedede:(btw, you guys can put me on your supporter list for Issac even though I have been posting in this thread ever since Issac's Smashified came out. Sorry I didn't mention that sooner). :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Keep in mind that the poll has a lot of unlikely 3rd parties like Arle Nadja, Cloud and Jibanyan.

If you take out all the 3rd parties (minus Snake) of the poll, Isaac's position is not really that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Actually, Yokai Watch hype is dying out there
The Yokai Watch hype is already dying in Japan, really?
Damn, that's a shame. I wasn't exactly interested by the games, but seeing Pokémon having a good competitor was nice...
Now I fear The Pokémon Company will begin to make the games stagnate again. :glare:

Anyway, there's a lot of characters from this "Japanese top" that I don't see making it in the game because their results are really different (understand: they're not popular enough) in America and Europe. Isaac may have a good shot, after all... He's pretty recognizable by the (hard)core community and we all know his potential, here. :)

Because let's face it, if they wanted to bring characters that almost the whole audience of Smash Bros will recognize, they will have a tough time. Even the remaining Mario characters (except maybe Paper Mario since he's another form of Mario) are not that iconic.

On another topic, does someone remember who's the talented user who made the Isaac Mario Maker Costume?
I failed to find it again. :nervous:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The Yokai Watch hype is already dying in Japan, really?
Damn, that's a shame. I wasn't exactly interested by the games, but seeing Pokémon having a good competitor was nice...
Now I fear The Pokémon Company will begin to make the games stagnate again. :glare:

Anyway, there's a lot of characters from this "Japanese top" that I don't see making it in the game because their results are really different (understand: they're not popular enough) in America and Europe. Isaac may have a good shot, after all... He's pretty recognizable by the (hard)core community and we all know his potential, here. :)

Because let's face it, if they wanted to bring characters that almost the whole audience of Smash Bros will recognize, they will have a tough time. Even the remaining Mario characters (except maybe Paper Mario since he's another form of Mario) are not that iconic.

On another topic, does someone remember who's the talented user who made the Isaac Mario Maker Costume?
I failed to find it again. :nervous:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it might be @Zem-raj who made the custom Isaac Sprite?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think the RTC actually hurts characters chance unnecessarily.

With people vomiting and pooping their flaunted ignorance all over the place on that thread, I think it actually hurts chances. Since other people read that.

Maybe we should petition them to never rate Isaac's chances again?
They'd probably complain that we were afraid of them "being real" or "telling us how it is".

Does anyone have a link to that Isaac Mario Maker sprite?

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I can only hope that the revealed character is not of the series of any other current DLC character, or from the Mario series. Nothing personal but I feel that they have enough representation. I'm not sure if we can expect a video or a crude model yet tho.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
Fellow Isaac supporters unite! It's the ballot's last month, and the poor support Japan is providing to Isaac shall not discourage us! We can and must make this happen, keep on voting for Isaac as much as you can until the very end!

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
DK's already in Smash, and I don't think anyone is really voting for Feraligatr. :awesome:
Haha, if they made a Ballot to vote for a Pokémon in Pokkén, I'd vote for Feraligatr since he's my favorite (was my first) Pokémon. :p

They'd probably complain that we were afraid of them "being real" or "telling us how it is".

Does anyone have a link to that Isaac Mario Maker sprite?
I hosted it on imgur to find it more easily. ;)
http://imgur.com/JkvxacP

hey from which serie is the character of your image?
Iirc, it's an Inkling made in the Fire Emblem style.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Correct! It's the Inkling Girl Fire Emblemised!
*dies from shame*

Ugh I never guessed it (didn't try, to be honest) despite being so high on Splatoon -_- Although it has been a week since I last played it.

Although now that I look at it, it is really good :D

Not the avatar thread but 10/10 xD

Oh yea, and good luck to all us Isaac fans now that the end is nigh!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
awesome how you did this?Or you get the image in internet?
From the internet - specifically Know Your Meme's Splatoon gallery which I frequent every now and then. The image link has the creator's source listed. http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/999660-splatoon
Now Back to the Adept we know and love - Super Mario Maker stage confirmed just now. Think it'd be likely we might see a Golden Sun stage in the future?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
From the internet - specifically Know Your Meme's Splatoon gallery which I frequent every now and then. The image link has the creator's source listed. http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/999660-splatoon
Now Back to the Adept we know and love - Super Mario Maker stage confirmed just now. Think it'd be likely we might see a Golden Sun stage in the future?
Wait, there's a Golden Sun stage for Super Mario Maker?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
What they mean is that there's a Super Mario Maker stage coming to Smash, so could we see a GS stage coming to Smash.
That would either come with Isaac as a character, or be used to promote Golden Sun IV. Which, currently, isn't close enough to release for that to be the case.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
With the addition of the SMM stage, there's a nice little space for another stage... something lighthouse-based, maybe... :dkmelee:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
With the addition of the SMM stage, there's a nice little space for another stage... something lighthouse-based, maybe... :dkmelee:

I highly doubt that. I think its a returning Melee stage if anything. It'd be neat if Venus Lighthouse could come later alongside Isaac, but I can't see Isaac being the first new character to announce. Whatever this stage is, its either a returning Melee stage or its a stage that will be released alongside a new character. Wolf wouldn't come with a new stage (maybe Venom), so if this is a new stage, it'd probably be something like Gangplank Galleon. My bets currently are on Kongo Jungle Melee, though.

I don't see how us getting a Super Mario Maker stage has anything to do with us getting a Golden Sun stage.
I wasn't saying it did, that's just what the person I responded to implied.

Last edited:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Kind of off topic, but if any of you know of the show American Ninja Warrior...

Spoilers for latest season

A guy named Isaac won the show! The Nintendo president announced two days ago and info saying directs will continue came out today! Then Isaac wins a show, that started in japan, in the middle of the two announcements! A foreshadowing of things to come?! Illuminati confirmed?

Edit 2: i just realised, Isaac is a ROCK CLIMBER!!!!

Edit: messed up the spoilers

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Kind of off topic, but if any of you know of the show American Ninja Warrior...

Spoilers for latest season

[SPOILERS]
A guy named Isaac won! Nintendo president announced two days ago and info saying directs will continue today! Then Isaac wins a show, that started in japan, in the middle of the two announcements! A foreshadowing of things to come?! Illuminati confirmed? [/SPOILERS]
NWO confirmed.

Anyway, hopefully we get a direct soon. Waiting for my Nintendo news.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
The salt is going to be real... And I want it over with...

I've already slapped two people on ignore over this ballot thing. I'm ready for it to be over with.

I'm not even playing Smash all that much anymore to be honest. Isaac could bring me back into the fold. Anyone else would just keep me away.

Especially third party crap like Shovel Knight.

Sigh.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I've already slapped two people on ignore over this ballot thing. I'm ready for it to be over with.

I'm not even playing Smash all that much anymore to be honest. Isaac could bring me back into the fold. Anyone else would just keep me away.

Sigh.
Isaac or K. Rool would bring me back into the fold. Any third-parties would turn me away.

MainJPW

M.T.A

Sigh.
I know what you mean, I hear people still want a unique third-party, isn't that exactly what Ryu is? And we just got him.

I'm completely fine with Ryu being the last third-party character, any other third-party choice can wait for the next installment. There's still plenty of first-party choices that people have been clamoring for for years and Shovel Knight of all characters just wouldn't sit right to be quite honest.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I guess if I were to settle on one last third party, it'd have to be Snake. -Now thinking of Snake Codec for Isaac.
Snake: "This guy looks like one of your anime characters, Otacon."
Otacon: "Oh, he's far from that, Snake! Although he may come off to people like that, there's so much more to Isaac than just a mere sword fighter!"
Snake: "And that might be...?"
Otacon: "Isaac is a Venus Adept - that means he's extremely proficient in using powerful Psynergy to manipulate the earth to his will."
Snake: "Yeah, those tremors from his attacks are the real deal. And it seems he can use those vines to snare me."
Otacon: "Isaac's potential is limitless. Don't let your guard down lest you want this battle to go down a landslide."
Snake: "And already you've made a solid pun." *Hides in a box in the Golden Sun 4 shipping warehouse*

Like I said - I want Snake back of all third party choices now, and if I were to have an indie - I'd probably go with Shantae. But, Isaac's still #2 in my varying top ten.

Top Bottom