• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
To be fair TLA is 13 years old... I would only hide major plot points behind spoilers at this stage, and only if I knew we were talking amongst people who haven't finished it. No offense, but you can't expect to come on a Golden Sun thread and for everything from Vault onwards to be in spoiler tags lol.
Not Vault onwards. I've beaten Mercury Lighthouse. I just feel that spoiler tagging things that could be considered spoilers to people who may not be at the same level of experience on a game as you would be polite. I'm also a Chibi Robo supporter and I haven't played his original game. So why is it surprising that I want Isaac in Smash despite not being far in the story?

Besides, some people pick up games late, like me, because A. I was like 2 when TLA came out, and B. I like knowing about a game before buying it. Honestly, I'm hoping to get KSSU someday, and it's pretty old.

The Virtual Console is for buying old games, so that's what I did.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Not Vault onwards. I've beaten Mercury Lighthouse. I just feel that spoiler tagging things that could be considered spoilers to people who may not be at the same level of experience on a game as you would be polite. I'm also a Chibi Robo supporter and I haven't played his original game. So why is it surprising that I want Isaac in Smash despite not being far in the story?

Besides, some people pick up games late, like me, because A. I was like 2 when TLA came out, and B. I like knowing about a game before buying it. Honestly, I'm hoping to get KSSU someday, and it's pretty old.

The Virtual Console is for buying old games, so that's what I did.
I meant if we wanted everything to be spoilered in general then Vault onwards is probably a fair threshold. I have spoiler-tagged a major plot point in this thread before, but just mentioning Colosso by name when anyone who hasn't got that far doesn't know what it is is fine in my book. It's just convenient for the majority of us here who have played it all.

It isn't surprising that you want Isaac in Smash, anyone who's anyone does. ;) I didn't mean to be mean, I was just pointing out that I expect the majority of people who frequent this thread have completed GS and can't be bothered to spoiler tag whenever we talk about the game.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Given the subject and nature of this thread, I would expect major plot relevant spoilers to be marked. However, I don't feel that Colosso, in itself, qualifies as such. It is an annual fighting tournament held in Kalay. As long as no plot details are mentioned, I do not think there is anything wrong with discussing it, as the tournament itself, and even its structure and mechanics, are not plot spoilers. We are not even discussing the lore surrounding the tournament, or the NPCs involved in it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Given the subject and nature of this thread, I would expect major plot relevant spoilers to be marked. However, I don't feel that Colosso, in itself, qualifies as such. It is an annual fighting tournament held in Kalay. As long as no plot details are mentioned, I do not think there is anything wrong with discussing it, as the tournament itself, and even its structure and mechanics, are not plot spoilers. We are not even discussing the lore surrounding the tournament, or the NPCs involved in it.
I mean
I said the biggest spoiler in this thread, I think, joking about Alex's moveset potential.
And even that was just kinda a throwaway line given about 1/3rd of the way in TLA

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Don't you mean Tolbi?

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I meant if we wanted everything to be spoilered in general then Vault onwards is probably a fair threshold. I have spoiler-tagged a major plot point in this thread before, but just mentioning Colosso by name when anyone who hasn't got that far doesn't know what it is is fine in my book. It's just convenient for the majority of us here who have played it all.

It isn't surprising that you want Isaac in Smash, anyone who's anyone does. ;) I didn't mean to be mean, I was just pointing out that I expect the majority of people who frequent this thread have completed GS and can't be bothered to spoiler tag whenever we talk about the game.
I understand! Thank you! (I'm just one of those people who misunderstands things a lot. Sometimes I honestly wonder if I have autism and was just never told lol)

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Source gaming has an interesting poll about the characters we want :
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/

I completed its four parts ans analyzed the results :
Wolf, K Rool, Isaac and Inkling are the most wanted ones. There is only a few characters with more "Yes" than "No" and Isaac is from them :)

Go vote if you hadn't already !

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Source gaming has an interesting poll about the characters we want :
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/

I completed its four parts ans analyzed the results :
Wolf, K Rool, Isaac and Inkling are the most wanted ones. There is only a few characters with more "Yes" than "No" and Isaac is from them :)

Go vote if you hadn't already !
I was impressed by how well Chibi Robo was performing. I know this is the Isaac thread but I've got to say that little guy has come a long way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys....we are rerating Isaac tomrrow in RTC.......again......

I'll suggest you to not even bother with RTC tomorrow though.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I see...

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll people thinking Isaac is just another swordsman?

D

Deleted member

RTC is not about seeing how right you are, but rather to see how WRONG you are. It's a game that has no actual impact.

Some examples:
-Chrom was once the 2nd most likely character in that game and yet, he became a final smash.
-When Ryu and Roy were rated back in May, some people said that they were less likely than Wolf despite having evidence of them beign in the game (A.K.A the victory sound files) and when people talked about the sound files, they replied with "it's scrapped content" bull or sometimes even "there are Mii costumes victory themes" which is even more illogical. They were basically in denial.

So don't be shocked or anything if any character that was seen as unlikely makes it in. Im expecting a Dark Horse to appear at any moment, i just don't know who could be that Dark Horse.

Also it's Saturday, which means new comic:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So guys, i have a question.

If the Golden Sun universe had to crossover with other franchise universe from a Video Game/Anime/Cartoon/Movie/other. ¿which one would you choose?
My choices are Avatar:The Last Airbender and Chrono Trigger.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So guys, i have a question.

If the Golden Sun universe had to crossover with other franchise universe from a Video Game/Anime/Cartoon/Movie/other. ¿which one would you choose?
My choices are Avatar:The Last Airbender and Chrono Trigger.
Video Game: Dark Souls or Xenoblade
Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Cartoon: Samurai Jack
Film: Lord of the Rings
TV Show: Game of Thrones

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Guys....we are rerating Isaac tomrrow in RTC.......again......

I'll suggest you to not even bother with RTC tomorrow though.
I posted this in the RTC thread when I saw the same guy that we told about Isaac's moveset potential and he still called him a generic swordsman.

"Sees people thinking all Isaac can do is swing a sword.

I see no one bothers too do any research about any character. btw Isaac can ****ing manipulate the earth. TOTALLY GENERIC!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Answering my own question in a more detailed manner.

Video Game: Chrono Trigger
Anime: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Cartoon: Avatar the Last Airbender
Film: I actually don't know......

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'd laugh if Isaac got in and they made him use an Axe instead.

Just because of the sworduser joke.

And I'd love to see Golden Sun x Boktai

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I'm of the mind that the berth is going to go to any one of the following:
Someone Lame (Wolf, Snake)
Someone 3rd Party (Rayman, Banjo and Kazooie)
Someone Obscure (Chorus Men, Shovel Knight)
Someone Stupid (Britney Spears, Goku from Dragon Ball Z)
Not Someone Different (Isaac, Rool, Inkling)
Not Someone Popular (Isaac, Rool, Inkling)
Not Someone Awesome (Isaac, Isaac, Isaac)

I have nothing against Goku or Dragon Ball Z. I do however have something against some anime character in my Smash Brothers.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Personally I think RTC should be locked because it really doesn't serve any purpose and just makes people mad. Especially when downright ignorant things are said about great character choices like K.Rool, Snake or Isaac.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Personally I think RTC should be locked because it really doesn't serve any purpose and just makes people mad. Especially when downright ignorant things are said about great character choices like K.Rool, Snake or Isaac.
The only reason it exists is so that people will continue being wrong about character speculation.:troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're talking about the RTC... Don't pay much attention to the individual ratings.

The RTC prides itself in getting most predictions wrong. I'm saying this as someone who managed the thread pre-release. :p

:231:

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I posted this in the RTC thread when I saw the same guy that we told about Isaac's moveset potential and he still called him a generic swordsman.

"Sees people thinking all Isaac can do is swing a sword.

I see no one bothers too do any research about any character. btw Isaac can ****ing manipulate the earth. TOTALLY GENERIC!"
The fact that Isaac isn't just a generic swordsman is in fact, factual. It's truth. It's what it is. You can't fight Internet Trolls and Internet Idiots with facts. It confuses them. Which makes them all the more angry and trollish and idiotic.

That's probably why @Speedwagon told us to just ignore the RTC and leave it be.

Last edited:

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
What's all this about an RTC? I don't know what you are talking about because I've been offline for awhile.
If someone could link me to it I'm kind of interested.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What's all this about an RTC? I don't know what you are talking about because I've been offline for awhile.
"Rate their Chance" thread where a topic or two, be it character, stage, or idea, is rated by the community by Want and Chance %'s and optionally explain their reasoning for the rating.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...nd-additional-all-star-rounds.398604/page-270

Direct quote from one of the replies:
Generic Swordsman, Kthxbye. After all the Fire Emblem clones we have, I'd rather have more unique fighters. I would rather not have another generic RPG character, honestly though. (Flame Shield)
I want to say this is meant to deliberately sound misinformed/wrong/trollish, but...

That thread has long run its course, in my opinion. Should have ended before they ever got to re-rating anything.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I kind of agree with @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones about the RTC thread most people are so sure about certain characters when just because their favorite characters always get bought up and say they for sure would get in. We don't know who is going to be in the game as DLC. There is know sure firing thing about who's going to make it, its not always about popularity of a character while it may help there is a still a good chance that even the popular ones still won't make it in. Maybe we should all just stop assuming about who's going to get in and just hope for the best. Cause really this ballot shouldn't be as complicated as some are trying to make it out to be, it really should just be for fun just like the game should be for fun. It doesn't always have to be technical, just hope and wish that your favorite character will get in soon enough is all I have to say.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are so many moments in which RTC has gotten things so wrong, it's not even funny.

Like, do you remember when Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. both got rated AT THE SAME DAY and the only reason why people said they were unlikely was because "MUH REPS". GUESS WHAT, both of them got into the game.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
How about in celebration of the RTC rating Isaac's chances, we Rate the RTC thread's chances of getting shutdown and ****-canned by a mod with extreme righteousness?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about in celebration of the RTC rating Isaac's chances, we Rate the RTC thread's chances of getting shut down.
RTC getting locked.

Chance: Abstain
Want: 100%
--------------
Nominate people stop beign ignorant X5

Fortunaletly when the Ballot ends, it will mean that the RTC thread will be locked as well.

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
Oh, no wonder you guys say they are ignorant as can be. No research done, just looking at one single thing from the Brawl AT and the sword. GG RTC Poll.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate...nd-additional-all-star-rounds.398604/page-270

Direct quote from one of the replies:

I want to say this is meant to deliberately sound misinformed/wrong/trollish, but...

That thread has long run its course, in my opinion. Should have ended before they ever got to re-rating anything.
Same guy who made a fuss on the Lloyd Irving thread, saying he is also a generic RPG swordsman and preferring to have Mrs Pac-Man over him too.

Top Bottom