• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hey guys, I found this in a post for the Barbara the Bat thread. I'm a bit tired to go into details, but it looks like Japan truly does want Issac as a playable character in Smash, along with the other cut ATs. Specifically Barbara, Jill and Drill Dozer, and Ray MK III. Starfy was on that list as well, but he came back as an AT. Also, Snake and the Ice Climbers were on that list as well.
That makes sense. Given that Japan pushes MUCH more heavily for veterans than the West does, I can see them calling for the cut ATs to return, and I can see them pushing for them for playable status as well.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
So here's another Random Chapter Serf Question(TM) for everyone:

Taking other/your favorite Video Game Characters that aren't Golden Sun, what element Adept do you think they'd be?
Ghirahim-Venus/Mars (can summon stuff and is a demon lord/kind of looks like a Prox native)
Poo-Jupiter (has PSI Starstorm, which is similar to astral blast)
Conker-Mars (red fur?)

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
It's even funnier when you consider that Rock Smash is actually a Fighting type move, in Pokémon. :laugh:

Yeah, Rising Dragon is without a shadow of a doubt one of the coolest Psynergy. Too bad you can't actually use it yourself. :ohwell:
I would of loved to be able to use Rising Dragon, that's actually my favorite psynergy in the game... Unfortunately its one I can't use so I guess I'll have to settle for using my second favorite, Pyroclasm.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
What's everyone's favourite weapon unleash? (Apart from Megiddo of course :awesome:)

Here's a list of unleashes for convenience.

My favourite is actually Stone Justice from Themis's Axe, despite it being such a low level weapon, the visual and sounds together when it activates are just brutal.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
What's everyone's favourite weapon unleash? (Apart from Megiddo of course :awesome:)

My favourite is actually Stone Justice from Themis's Axe, despite it being such a low level weapon, the visual and sounds together when it activates are just brutal.

Either Muramasa or Acheron's Grief.

Course we have Fire Brand's Purgatory.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oops. Sorry for the double post! I could have just edited my last post -_- Whatever here it is:

Mine is Asura.

From Kikiuichimonji. It looks really cool with the Samurai attacking AND the name of the sword itself is cool xD

Since most people probably would not have ever got the sword, here is a picture of it in action (sorry no gif). I just like it a lot for some reason.

Second would be Titan Blade. Now that Unleash in my opinion was much better than Meggido -_- Sadly the Gaia Blade gets shafted in the 2nd game.

3rd would be Rising Dragon from Masamune.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

I'm doing this for each weapon class.
Long Sword: Titan Blade, Legend, Crucible Fire, Void Beam and Sunset Burst (we can also choose from DD, right?).
Axe: Stone Justice, Power Drive and Olympus Rage.
Light Blade: Asura, Mad Zephyr, Light Surge, Lunar Slash and Rising Dragon.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Light Surge of the Phaeton's Blade, and Dreamtide of the Pirate Sword are super cool.
A lot of others are, but it would be really long to list them all. :p

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Oh yeah I forgot about Dreamtide, that's badass. I also really like Mad Zephyr.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Following Isaac, who else would you want to see in Smash from GS?

The nice thing about GS, in my humble opinion, is that the characters (with the exception of Felix and Isaac) are all different enough that they could each be unique characters and not clones. As for me, I don't think I'd care: write the character names on sticky notes, put them on a dart board, close your eyes and throw a dart. I'd probably be cool no matter where that dart hit.

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358

The nice thing about GS, in my humble opinion, is that the characters (with the exception of Felix and Isaac) are all different enough that they could each be unique characters and not clones. As for me, I don't think I'd care: write the character names on sticky notes, put them on a dart board, close your eyes and throw a dart. I'd probably be cool no matter where that dart hit.
Felix wether it be in the form of an alt. for Isaac or a semi-clone of him, Jenna, Alex, Saturos, and Sveta, though if I could only pick two (to keep the number to a minimum) it'd be Felix (preferably a semi-clone in the likes of Wolf) and Saturos for me.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

That's a hard one, since all have potencial to be unique, so I would say anyone from Prox, Alex and Piers.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Felix wether it be in the form of an alt. for Isaac or a semi-clone of him, Jenna, Alex, Saturos, and Sveta, though if I could only pick two (to keep the number to a minimum) it'd be Felix (preferably a semi-clone in the likes of Wolf) and Saturos for me.
The exact same global list, for me. The only thing I have to say: Alex would need to actually fight in GS4 (outside of the geysers in The Lost Age) so we can make him a moveset.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So here's another Random Chapter Serf Question(TM) for everyone:

Taking other/your favorite Video Game Characters that aren't Golden Sun, what element Adept do you think they'd be?
Falco would be a Jupiter Adept since he's a bird and likes to fly Arwings.

Alex, you know, when actually fights in the future. Maybe Garet (I like fire magic and I think they could expand on it more than just FIREBALL!).

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
That's one way of looking at it.

Another way is the simple fact that people have nothing better to do with their time.

Also, you forgot to add me to the list.
Add me as a supporter!
Remember: When getting on the Isaac Support List, in the Isaac Support Thread, one must flag a certain @True Blue Warrior. Only He has the Power to add your name to the Sacred Rolls.

Edit: Did you know that the Venus Lighthouse is actually in Dark Dawn? You need to use glitches/cheats to even see though. Unlike the Mercury Lighthouse which you can see from the boat.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316

That's a tough one. The best way to narrow it down is to choose the which psynergy class would be most unique to smash. With Isaac in, we wouldn't really need any more Venus adepts. A lot of characters utilize fire-based attacks, so I would exclude Mars adapts. Wind manipulation is a unique attribute, but lightning isn't as much, knocking out Jupiter Adepts as well. With both Squirtle and Ice Climbers out, there is a hole in the water/ice themed fighters (besides Greninja, but it mainly uses water in blade format, leaving a lot of room for other uses). So I would go with a Mercury Adept; either Mia, Piers, Rief or Amiti.

Isaac fills the strong warrior role pretty well, so I would knock out Piers from the list. A glass cannon spell-caster or a nimble speedster would be a good alternate character types so the other three would work. The original Golden Sun is my favorite of the series, so I would lean toward Mia over Rief. So it is down to Mia or Amiti and I am not sure which I prefer. I think I would have to lean toward Amiti, due to him being more combat-focused and being more of a direct complement to Isaac (fast and nimble vs. strong and sturdy). Plus I think he has one of coolest character designs in the series.

So this game's winner is...

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Remember: When getting on the Isaac Support List, in the Isaac Support Thread, one must flag a certain @True Blue Warrior. Only He has the Power to add your name to the Sacred Rolls.

Edit: Did you know that the Venus Lighthouse is actually in Dark Dawn? You need to use glitches/cheats to even see though. Unlike the Mercury Lighthouse which you can see from the boat.
Yes, I remember doing the Endless Wall glitch, although it was kinda hard to control Matthew.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290

Kinda makes me wonder if they had more stuff planned for Dark Dawn/A sequel on the DS(?). I would have loved to hear the Venus Lighthouse music again.

D

Deleted member

If we're talking about favorite effects, I always loved Sacrophagus from the Staff of Anubis. It's one of the most rare weapons in the game, but it's amazing if you get it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Until Golden Sun 4 comes out, I don't mind if Isaac is the only playable GS character in Smash Bros. I'm not greedy and just getting Isaac playable would be amazing in and of itself.

Don't take it the wrong way but I'd be happy to largely move my support to Chibi Robo and the Inklings at that point. At least until, as I said, Golden Sun 4 comes out.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Until Golden Sun 4 comes out, I don't mind if Isaac is the only playable GS character in Smash Bros. I'm not greedy and just getting Isaac playable would be amazing in and of itself.

Don't take it the wrong way but I'd be happy to largely move my support to Chibi Robo and the Inklings at that point. At least until, as I said, Golden Sun 4 comes out.
Yeah, I feel the same, If we get Isaac that would be great (I personaly preffer "old Isaac" because it looks cooler and to diferentiate him from the other "Anime" young Swordmen) ... maybe Felix? or Mia?... but I don't want that GS become the New Fire Emblem in terms of Filler Clone Characters...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

And when GS4 comes out we can get Alex! :D

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Alex would be a great playable character in Golden Sun. Or a great boss, considering that he is probably one of the strongest adepts.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Alex would be a great playable character in Golden Sun. Or a great boss, considering that he is probably one of the strongest adepts.
I mean... yeah.

If he... actively did anything.

He's... teleported around, told others what to do, said Babi died, summoned a few geysers, and landed one pimpslap on Tyrell. That's his resume for the full series.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I mean... yeah.

If he... actively did anything.

He's... teleported around, told others what to do, said Babi died, summoned a few geysers, and landed one pimpslap on Tyrell. That's his resume for the full series.
Alex's moveset wip

Neutral B: Water Geyser

Side B: ***** slap

Up B: Teleportation

Down B: Btw Babi's dead

Final Smash: Arcanus - puts on a mask and does stuff.

Da best Alex moveset amiright?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Hypothetically the next game Sakurai takes after (a loooooong break from) Smash is Golden Sun 4. Being developed by Sora instead of Camelot (Matoi Sakuraba still included) how do you think the game would end up?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Alex's moveset wip

Neutral B: Water Geyser

Side B: ***** slap

Up B: Teleportation

Down B: Btw Babi's dead

Final Smash: Arcanus - puts on a mask and does stuff.

Da best Alex moveset amiright?
For his Final Smash he should order the other players to their doom. And watch them from afar as they go to their doom. Since that's all he does is order everyone to their doom against the player's parties. And watch them from afar as they get crushed.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Hypothetically the next game Sakurai takes after (a loooooong break from) Smash is Golden Sun 4. Being developed by Sora instead of Camelot (Matoi Sakuraba still included) how do you think the game would end up?
Dark Isaac is now a thing.

Top Bottom