• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well I do believe that his chances are still somewhat good around 70%.

Plus I couldn't resist picking a rock Pokemon for the chances.

D

Deleted member

It's saturday, and that means new comic:

Staying at an inn: 100G.

Buying new clothes: 10000G.

Running around outside at night like an idiot in an attempt to save money on status recovery: Prideless.

There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s your dignity.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
I refuse to discuss Isaacs chances in pokeglyphics until we get access to Gen 3 emotes.

I'm putting my foot down.

(Since when have we had Pokemon emotes anyway?)
Gen 3 is da best, I would totally do Sceptile... is that a bit too much? But seriously Gen 3 is amazing, best music, pokemon imo and definitely the best graphics. Wait who's Isaac again?

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Gen 3 is da best, I would totally do Sceptile... is that a bit too much? But seriously Gen 3 is amazing, best music, pokemon imo and definitely the best graphics. Wait who's Isaac again?
#Swampert4Smash

I can't wait to know who's getting in and who isn't. We're Golden Sun fans, we've done our waiting! It's killing me man. Waiting is horrible.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, quite confused about what's been going down lately. Haven't been feeling too good (still got some bugs in me), but I wanted to drop in and say hello.

Also, Project X Zone 2 has three Nintendo characters: Chrom and Lucina & Mecha-Fiora teaming up with KOS-MOS.

Um, well, that kinda ruins spoilers for anyone who didn't play Xenoblade. But pretty pleased with Fiora, 'cuz she's the only Xenoblade character I like.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, quite confused about what's been going down lately. Haven't been feeling too good (still got some bugs in me), but I wanted to drop in and say hello.

Also, Project X Zone 2 has three Nintendo characters: Chrom and Lucina & Mecha-Fiora teaming up with KOS-MOS.

Um, well, that kinda ruins spoilers for anyone who didn't play Xenoblade. But pretty pleased with Fiora, 'cuz she's the only Xenoblade character I like.
Wonder if Isaac is out of the possibility for PXZ2...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Considering lack of recent importance, probably, unless Camelot is planning GS4 soon.
This is true. However, Isaac does have a greater likelihood than many other Nintendo characters, if they choose to keep adding in more Nintendo characters, as Isaac is one of a very few Nintendo owned IPs that fits the game thematically.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Wonder if Isaac is out of the possibility for PXZ2...
Not fanservicey enough. Sorry.

Besides if they bring Sanger back by chance it's all over.

And I think Tales of covers GS's niche unfortunately.

Fire Emblem got in because 2 FE game hit end of the year I think? And FE: A is Otaku City.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is true. However, Isaac does have a greater likelihood than many other Nintendo characters, if they choose to keep adding in more Nintendo characters, as Isaac is one of a very few Nintendo owned IPs that fits the game thematically.
I could possibly see it if they looked ahead at the ballot results and saw how popular he was, and they felt he'd work well thematically. My guess is they'd pair him with either Felix or Jenna.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But not Garet?
I don't think they'd go with Garet, no. I think they'd do either Felix (he's "cooler" to most people) or Jenna (female lead of GS1/2 and more interesting than Garet).

With 27 characters left to announce... yeah, maybe I could see GS characters getting in later. That's cool actually. I do think they'd announce GS content for other things first, though. Namely, Dark Dawn on VC, Isaac for Smash, and maybe even the theory that the big announcement for Mario Tennis is GS characters in it.

EDIT: Ok, rethinking it over, Project X Zone uses a lot of obscure franchises. Golden Sun isn't even that obscure. I definitely think that this is a very likely option even without the ballot or more GS related content getting announced, they just focused on FE and Xenoblade first because they're more current.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
We need Isaac/Garet (the bros.) or Isaac/Felix (the bros. in law) for Project X Zone now!! Or just make it Isaac/Jenna (the rocking fiery couple).

Project X Zone doesn't necessarily includes the super popular franchises, a lot of the Namco and Capcom franchises are obscure and niche, but characters are included nonetheless to appeal to a variety of fans. If some more Nintendo characters can make it in, I don't see why it couldn't be a GS pair since they would appeal to our type of crowd.

I actually saw a bunch of comments making the same suggestion on the comment section of Kotaku.com as well so we are not alone!

It's saturday, and that means new comic:

Staying at an inn: 100G.

Buying new clothes: 10000G.

Running around outside at night like an idiot in an attempt to save money on status recovery: Prideless.

There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s your dignity.
Your take on Mastercard made me laugh more than the comic itself xD

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We need Isaac/Garet (the bros.) or Isaac/Felix (the bros. in law) for Project X Zone now!! Or just make it Isaac/Jenna (the rocking fiery couple).

Project X Zone doesn't necessarily includes the super popular franchises, a lot of the Namco and Capcom franchises are obscure and niche, but characters are included nonetheless to appeal to a variety of fans. If some more Nintendo characters can make it in, I don't see why it couldn't be a GS pair since they would appeal to our type of crowd.

I actually saw a bunch of comments making the same suggestion on the comment section of Kotaku.com as well so we are not alone!

Your take on Mastercard made me laugh more than the comic itself xD
Yeah, I changed my stance. I definitely think getting GS is a very strong possibility at this point, they just announced more modern characters first.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they'd go with Garet, no. I think they'd do either Felix (he's "cooler" to most people) or Jenna (female lead of GS1/2 and more interesting than Garet).

With 27 characters left to announce... yeah, maybe I could see GS characters getting in later. That's cool actually. I do think they'd announce GS content for other things first, though. Namely, Dark Dawn on VC, Isaac for Smash, and maybe even the theory that the big announcement for Mario Tennis is GS characters in it.

EDIT: Ok, rethinking it over, Project X Zone uses a lot of obscure franchises. Golden Sun isn't even that obscure. I definitely think that this is a very likely option even without the ballot or more GS related content getting announced, they just focused on FE and Xenoblade first because they're more current.
27 more characters ? Do you have a source ? It would be so cool to have more Nintendo characters.
Link & Zelda, Mario & Luigi, C. Falcon, Marth & Ike, Donkey and of course Isaac :D

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I only played the demo of Project X Zone, but I really liked what I played, so if we got GS representation, we could have Isaac and Jenna and have Felix as the support character (I think that's how it's called?).

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Oh, wow! 27 more characters left to be announced? Well, that's pretty neat.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I only played the demo of Project X Zone, but I really liked what I played, so if we got GS representation, we could have Isaac and Jenna and have Felix as the support character (I think that's how it's called?).
Yup. The demo was pretty good but there were complaints that the game got a bit too repetitive at the half way point and the battles got too long.

As long as they deal with that, and keep adding the excellent new characters (especially a pair from GS), the game will definitely be must-buy for me, since I always wanted to get the first, just lower in priority.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yup. The demo was pretty good but there were complaints that the game got a bit too repetitive at the half way point and the battles got too long.
I played the game, and it got repetitive almost immediately.

The game was incredibly shallow overall. While they had different animations and names, every unit functioned almost identically. There was no unit variety at all. You fielded small units that were purely offensive. While there were tactics in how you moved and positioned your units, that was about it. Other than that, it was all flashy moves with no additional substance.

The story, at least early on, was a complete mess. Essentially, every chapter your party got suddenly warped to a new location, introduced to a new set of guest characters, and thrust into a fight. After the fight, the party gets warped somewhere else, and they stumble about trying to figure out what's going on (and who they're meeting) before the next fight starts.

Honestly, I got bored and quit after the second chapter. It felt like all flash and no substance. I just picked it back up and I'm playing the third chapter, but nothing has changed so far.

They REALLY need to tune the gameplay and story in the sequel. Though, supposedly, they are working on it. More unit-specific skills, and a story that is not quite as "fanficcy", from what I've heard.

As long as they deal with that, and keep adding the excellent new characters (especially a pair from GS), the game will definitely be must-buy for me, since I always wanted to get the first, just lower in priority.
It'll depend on what I see. I got the first one because I love tactical RPGs, but I got burned bad. If Isaac does make it in, I might buy it on that account, but I'm really not sure. As much as I love Isaac, if it is just a retread of the first game's problems, it will not be worth owning, IMO.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Robotic Waifus, I really want Aigis from Persona in PXZ. I mean she's from Atlus, which is now part of Sega, so that's no problem. She's also iconic, having two of her own games, albeit one is bundled with the main game, and the other is a crappy mobile game, but still.

---
Alright, now that I've got that out of my system, what do you all think of a terraforming gimmick for Isaac?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, wow! 27 more characters left to be announced? Well, that's pretty neat.
27 more characters ? Do you have a source ? It would be so cool to have more Nintendo characters.
Link & Zelda, Mario & Luigi, C. Falcon, Marth & Ike, Donkey and of course Isaac :D
I'm not sure where it came from, I heard it from someone else. Presumably they announced it. It was in a private chat I heard it, so I'm not sure if I should say, but said person commonly chats here as well so...

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Alright, now that I've got that out of my system, what do you all think of a terraforming gimmick for Isaac?
That's exactly what I see for Isaac's gimmick, if he had to have one: Having his moves "stay" on the battlefield and using the rocks/vines/etc. to try to trap the opponent would be awesome.
Of course the elements would be destroyable and/or would disappear after a while, and you couldn't keep more than one element (of each?) on the battlefield in the same time for balance purposes.

The possible elements:
Vines/Thorns: The vines would slow down opponents, thorns would cause damage.
Rocks: Round rocks that you could either carry then launch, or even launch with Move, maybe.
Terrain: Using Earthquake on the ground, you could create a platform.
Stalagmites/Stalactites: Much like thorns, they could cause damage.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly what I see for Isaac's gimmick, if he had to have one: Having his moves "stay" on the battlefield and using the rocks/vines/etc. to try to trap the opponent would be awesome.
Of course the elements would be destroyable and/or would disappear after a while, and you couldn't keep more than one element (of each?) on the battlefield in the same time for balance purposes.

The possible elements:
Vines/Thorns: The vines would slow down opponents, thorns would cause damage.
Rocks: Round rocks that you could either carry then launch, or even launch with Move, maybe.
Terrain: Using Earthquake on the ground, you could create a platform.
Stalagmites/Stalactites: Much like thorns, they could cause damage.
Kragg's gimmick from Rivals of Aether is a neat possibility as well.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I kinda want to get the first PXZ, but if it's really as bad as everyone's saying it is, I don't know.

Seriously though, I kinda want it because Seth is a boss in it.

Either way, as long as the second one is good by reviews, and if it has enough cool characters I may get it, but I like getting first games of franchises before the sequel.

I just wish it was Shulk with Fiora instead of KOS-MOS. Maybe he'll be an assist character. (IDK if that's what they're called)

But I do think having Isaac and Jenna (adult) would be cool in PXZ2. Isaac can pair with anyone for all I care, but I'd prefer Jenna.

Plus, with Fire Emblem characters in the game, who knows what other Nintendo characters could join. Maybe Samus and... Adam? Okay, maybe no Metroid reps.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
In response to the Project X discussion, I'd love to see someone from Baten Kaitos in the game, preferably Kalas and Xelha. Zael and Callista from The Last Story would be cool as well. As for Golden Sun characters, I'd love to see Adult Isaac and Matthew paired up, though I could see them going with teen Isaac and Felix.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
In response to the Project X discussion, I'd love to see someone from Baten Kaitos in the game, preferably Kalas and Xelha. Zael and Callista from The Last Story would be cool as well. As for Golden Sun characters, I'd love to see Adult Isaac and Matthew paired up, though I could see them going with teen Isaac and Felix.
I personally think that Adult Isaac and Adult Jenna would be epic and adorable.

Fire_Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I think if we get a character in Project X they might be Mathew... because they use characters that sometimes aren't the face of the series...
I would like to see Older Isaac and Jenna (or Garet)... but in their older and "Prime" forms... just like Fioria in her mecha form

(I hate to see Chrom and Lucina in that game... there are a lot of lords that could be there instead of them...)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I personally think that Adult Isaac and Adult Jenna would be epic and adorable.
Something like this piece of fanart? Adult Isaac and Jenna, Flaming Golden Duo xD

art by Sora-G Silverwind (she's a huge GS fan so she has tons of art like this) on DeviantArt

Yes, Isaac did steal Cloud's Buster Sword for this piece :p

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
To be honest, I like Project X Zone for the story. It's pretty well-written and I'll even admit it, there are quite a bit of funny scenes and interesting jokes thrown in for decent measure. But I have to admit, the gameplay COULD use some work. The entire time it's mostly (if not, ENTIRELY) fighting enemies and it gets repetitive after a while. One thing I hope for this game around, though doubt it will happen, is more exploration this time around.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think if we get a character in Project X they might be Mathew... because they use characters that sometimes aren't the face of the series...
I would like to see Older Isaac and Jenna (or Garet)... but in their older and "Prime" forms... just like Fioria in her mecha form

(I hate to see Chrom and Lucina in that game... there are a lot of lords that could be there instead of them...)
I was just thinking about this, and I think you're right. I think it'd be Matthew and maybe Sveta, and if Isaac were to appear he'd be solo.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I was just thinking about this, and I think you're right. I think it'd be Matthew and maybe Sveta, and if Isaac were to appear he'd be solo.
There are solo characters in the game? Even if there are, Golden Sun being an RPG with a team, it would be odd if he appeared as a solo unit.

It might make more sense if he was paired with another character like how Fiora was paired with KOS-MOS (a spiritual predecessor). Isaac needs to be paired with a person from Shining Force if that happens!!

Top Bottom