• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Actually Pikmin sold more, but only slightly. And yes, it was a lot more promoted.
really? I looked it up a while back, and the first golden sun barley outsold pikmin, and dark dawn just outsold pikmin 2.

maybe my source messed up?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
really? I looked it up a while back, and the first golden sun barley outsold pikmin, and dark dawn just outsold pikmin 2.

maybe my source messed up?
Well in the period between DD and Pikmin 3 GS sold more, but that was just due to having one more game in the series (if we don't count the new play control games). On a game-by-game basis, Pikmin generally slightly outperforms GS (it did on the first two), I'm not sure about the third in each series though, both have numbers much smaller than the initial two.

If you're using VGchartz though, don't bother, that place doesn't have accurate info. GS1 sold... 1.1 mil I believe, and GS2 sold 900k I think. Not sure about Pikmin 2, but the first sold 1.2 mil, so yeah... the series have always been pretty close in numbers. Pikmin has always fared slightly better in Japan though. And Japan is Japan.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Shulk sucks, his name sounds like this

Ladies and gentleman, the next Newcomer, The Immortal, Shulk Shogan!

Please, I want Isaac more than Shulk Shogan, Shulk is a loser and I don't give a crap about Xenoblade because Xenoblade sucks.

Look at this B word, he looks like something Square came up with, I don't want this piece of garbage in Super Smash Bros, I have enough guys to beat up, I don't need another.

This is the Newcomer we're getting.

Golden Sun is better than Xenoblade, therefore Isaac gets added.

Shulk can go be a Assist Trophy.

TeamFlareZakk

Don't worry, I'm not here to bring Isaac vs Shulk WW2, unless both were confirmed as playable characters, then I'll be taking Isaac's side.

@ Starcutter Starcutter I don't really like that idea, I think his moveset should be more Psynergy and weapon releases, however I wouldn't mind Flint as a buddy.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ TeamFlareZakk TeamFlareZakk
Kindly fan your flames elsewhere please. Actually don't fan them anywhere.
Xenoblade is a great game and Shulk would make a good character.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Of course there is that tidbit that Shulk looks like he was designed by staff members from Squaresoft, when that is literally the case.

Monolith Soft as a whole is comprised of former members of Squaresoft, for example Xenoblade Chronicles director/designer Tetsuya Takahashi used to work on games like Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy IV-VII

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Personally, Shulk's name always makes me think of She-Hulk, which drives me crazy, but that's neither here nor there.

Like others said, this is the Isaac thread, let's keep discussion to Isaac. Also, though I've never gotten the chance to play Xenoblade, I'm pretty sure everyone is in agreement it is not a bad game in the slightest.

TeamFlareZakk

I'd like to see a Proxian look for Isaac, is there any chance that he could have say a Saturos color scheme, kind of similar to Link's Dark Link?

I can't see it being a full costume seeing that would be for Felix, but I'd like to see like a Saturos color scheme for Isaac and maybe even a Agatio color scheme for his Felix costume if costumes could have palette swaps too.

I seen Brawl hacks of Ike as Saturos, and all I can say is a Saturos color scheme is a must have on Isaac.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman

Please, I want Isaac more than Shulk Shogan, Shulk is a loser and I don't give a crap about Xenoblade because Xenoblade sucks.

Look at this B word, he looks like something Square came up with, I don't want this piece of garbage in Super Smash Bros, I have enough guys to beat up, I don't need another.

It's really not fun to come here and see such an angry post about an argument I'm so sad over.
Shulk may be number one most wanted, but Isaac is a close second and was my number one through a majority of Brawl speculation and even ssb4 speculation.

WHy not both. Why must it be in contention? I know both aren't the most likely, but they are 2 very unique and diverse characters. For what they can do moveset wise, even personalities are slightly different. They wouldn't play similar. I may want SHulk more, but Isaac still has a place in my desired characters list for everytihng Golden Sun was way before Xenoblade ever came out.
I'd really recommend playing the game before unnecessarily bashing it. That sword you talk of btw... Is one of the most unique swords I've ever seen in a game. I won't spoil anything, but it has a story and development of it's own.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Agatio's been doing that everywhere on Neoseeker. Just walk away.

Even though I've never played Xenoblade, I think Shulk would be a great addition to this game.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I wanna see Shulk VS Issac now...
Makes me wish Smash had special Rival scenes..

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Are there any characters here besides Pokemon (which is GIGANTIC.. and I'm referring to main series Pokemon) that are from games that are handheld-only such as Golden Sun? I guess Lucas from Mother 3 but his series is still mostly on console games.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Are there any characters here besides Pokemon (which is GIGANTIC.. and I'm referring to main series Pokemon) that are from games that are handheld-only such as Golden Sun? I guess Lucas from Mother 3 but his series is still mostly on console games.
I can't think of any. (Well there is Fossil Fighters, but it seems very obscure despite being a current series)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_Fighters

Unless you consider Advance Wars separate from Famicom Wars.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Technically even Pokemon isn't a handheld-only series.

There have been games on home consoles like Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Colosseum.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

There have been games on home consoles like Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Colosseum.
Yes, exactly. What I meant to ask actually is if there are games that have been handheld only that had a playable character in Smash. They are just game series that have been on consoles, but then again, how many series(es?) that have only been on handheld so far? I'm saying its unprecedented for a character from handheld only series to have a playable character.. unless you do count Pokemon.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yes, exactly. What I meant to ask actually is if there are games that have been handheld only that had a playable character in Smash. They are just game series that have been on consoles, but then again, how many series(es?) that have only been on handheld so far? I'm saying its unprecedented for a character from handheld only series to have a playable character.. unless you do count Pokemon.
Um, Dillons rolling western?

... game and watch?

Last edited:

Wigglytuff ★

Smash Cadet
I thought the way "Push" was incorporated into Isaac's assist trophy was so cool. I'm really excited by the possibility of him being in SSB4. Stranger things have happened, and I'm getting my hopes up.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
"Pic of the day. Once again, Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle."
Well, Waluigi is not going to be playable, is not a big surprise for me.

That was not nice. If this forum had a dislike option...
I would use it, even being an Isaac suporter and not caring much for Shulk.

But you know, those games are more like an spin-off of Pokemon and not a main series game.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yikes an Assist Trophy update.

I practically check the pictures every night practically just to confirm that Isaac being a Assist Trophy wasn't the picture of the day.

There's still hope he won't be! =P

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Hey, at least if he's deconfirmed as an assist trophy on some random picture of the day, we won't have to worry about whether he's in or not anymore!

#glasshalffull

Arteen

Smash Lord
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to show off Isaac as an assist trophy, then reveal Matthew as a new challenger the day after.

It'd be kind of cool to have adult Isaac as an assist trophy, reprising his role.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That could work yeah.

I would have no problem with Matthew at all btw!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Waluigi had no bearing on Isaac's chances regardless of his fate.

I've been wanting to make an Isaac moveset, I have some basic ideas to start with. I'll post it in a few days, when I get the time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In my opinion, Tingle and Issac are the only Brawl ATs left that could potentially make the jump to playable and, since Sakurai seems to be showing a returning Brawl AT about once a month, you all should have your answer by E3...

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Isaac will probably be lucky to even come back as an Assist Trophy. I can see Tingle coming back. I seriously think Little Mac will be the only one bumped up to a playable character, but we'll see I guess.

EDIT: I had both this and the general discussion thread on the Wii U board open in separate tabs and thought this was that thread. Whoops. Now I just look like a douche crashing this thread.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
Not a problem at all. I'd like to think this thread isn't an echo chamber and can handle a few contrary opinions spoken in good faith.

Personally I think his chances of returning as an assist trophy (or better) are solid. The Golden Sun series has lot going for it and we've already seen a few assist trophy "veterans". He's the sole representative from a relatively popular series of games with a decade of history and a post-Brawl release, so he's important enough to keep around.

In addition, Isaac had a unique AT power that went beyond the generic attacks some other AT's used. I can't imagine he'd be on the chopping block when there are over a dozen other ATs who are much less imaginative.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well, it would make sense if assist trophies were "the next in line" to become playable characters. They would surely be one of the first areas Sakurai would look at.

I imagine there are many assist trophies whos' "destiny" was to always be assist trophies but I think there are assist trophies that in Sakurai's ideal game (if there were no restraints) would be playable. (You just know Saki would be playable in a heartbeat if he was feasible, Sakurai already thinks he looks like a playable character)

Personally I think it won't be a question whether Sakurai thinks Isaac is deserving of being playable, just a question of how many Sakurai thinks is more deserving.

Top Bottom