• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Zulyar

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4914-3978-9790
i support both matthew and isaac will be fine, also verry possible alternate costumes to have both in the same slot

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I was suddenly overcome yesterday by a scarily irrational "gut feeling" that Isaac will be the next newcomer revealed in April.

I know I'm more than likely setting myself up for disappointment, but something about the current scenario makes it feel "right".

Do you think a Nintendo direct would happen as early in the month as April 3rd though? Considering that's when Golden Sun VC is being released.
My thoughts exactly. Until the day where they showed Golden Sun VC, I had made my mind that Isaac would not be playable. But now, hope has resurfaced and I'm hoping Isaac for the next Nintendo Direct. If he's not showing up in April, then I'll be crushed forever.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My thoughts exactly. Until the day where they showed Golden Sun VC, I had made my mind that Isaac would not be playable. But now, hope has resurfaced and I'm hoping Isaac for the next Nintendo Direct. If he's not showing up in April, then I'll be crushed forever.
Well I don't think we should be crushed, Isaac could very easily be a secret unlockable. (He was one of just two unlockable ATs after all)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh wow, if we see Isaac in Smash with such a trailer Mac had... I'll seriously **** myself.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I dunno if it has been mentioned already (this place went crazy with the reveal and I can't catch-up), but Little Mac is yet another confirmation that there's a high emphasis on the "indivituality" or "originality" of the movesets and playstyles of the newcomers. Villager's "pick-up" and tree, Megaman and his projectiles, Rosalina's Lumas and now Mac's meter and ground focus... even WFT is quite different from any previous character.

To me, all this helps Isaac's case, considering he has HUGE moveset and originality potential, with the use of Psynergy and earth-based attacks. :)

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Golden Sun is great, add me to the support list.
Man I wanna see that fourth one soon..

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I have to say something, guys, last night I dreamt that Golden Sun 4 was announced!

I think it's possible though Golden Sun 4 wouldn't be started for a while that we could at least hear from Camelot that they will be making Golden Sun 4 after they are done with their Mario Golf project or even if we have to wait until they're done with a Mario Tennis U or whatever, still I think they'd probably do Golden Sun 4 before doing Mario Golf U, I'd think Takahashi would want a break from these Mario Spin Off games.

With that said, if say along with VC release of Golden Sun games came a announcement for a future Golden Sun 4 game, I think that would be enough to see Isaac revealed as a playable character.

Isaac in SSB.png

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
If Golden Sun 4 ever comes out, I'd hope they really improve on what Dark Dawn offered.

If not, I'd rather have them just do a remake of Golden Sun 1+2 for the 3DS. That would be fantastic. :colorful:

TeamFlareZakk

If Golden Sun 4 ever comes out, I'd hope they really improve on what Dark Dawn offered.

If not, I'd rather have them just do a remake of Golden Sun 1+2 for the 3DS. That would be fantastic. :colorful:
I totally agree, the playable characters were awful.

It started out ok with Matthew, Karis, Tyrell, then Mia had the twins with Rief and Nowell, and then we find out Amiti is possibly Alex's son.

However, then it got dumb, Sveta and this whole Beastman idea was incredibly stupid.

Then we find the second Mars Adept to be a let down, Eoleo, really, he was a descendant of a npc.

Same with Himi, in fact Himi was just pointless.

I hope having to put up with Himi, we get Felix's son in Golden Sun 4 instead.

I'm not sure what they'd do regarding replacing Eoleo, but imo a Proxian like Saturos, Menardi, Karst and Agatio would be a interesting character to use.

I am totally clueless about what they'd do with the second Jupiter Adept, all I know is I'd like to see something like Sheba since Karis lacks psychic abilities and Sveta was a piece of garbage.

I would love to play as Nowell, she reminds me of Mia and Mia is my favorite Adept to play as in Golden Sun and GS The Lost Age.

If they were to replace Amiti, I wouldn't mind seeing a Lemurian character.

Then there's the Antagonists, Blados and Chalis sucked, just use Arcanus is what I have to say about the Antagonists.

Yeah I hope we do see the first two games remade, we totally need to see Golden Sun with these amazing 3ds graphics.

I'm also not really into getting Golden Sun on the Wii U VC, I have to just say I hate RPGs on the game console, I like them better on the handheld consoles, like how Pokémon is on the 3ds.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery

That would be really really great and they can use them to promote Issac in Smash Bros..

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
However, then it got dumb, Sveta and this whole Beastman idea was incredibly stupid.
I can't say I disagree with that at all. However, it wasn't too far out there from the werewolves in Garoh in The Lost Age... I know they never ended up being a team member, and stuff... But still, when I thought of the beastmen idea being stupid, I isntantly remembered Garoh and was like "Oh..."

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

It started out ok with Matthew, Karis, Tyrell, then Mia had the twins with Rief and Nowell, and then we find out Amiti is possibly Alex's son.

Getting Amiti that soon after really overshadowed Reif...

O-oh, I rather liked Sveta and the Beastmen(but mainly Sveta)...

Then we find the second Mars Adept to be a let down, Eoleo, really, he was a descendant of a npc.

I don't really see how that's a let down, That NPC was important at some point

Yeah she was just there to have that third eye thing..

IF he has a son.

I would love to play as Nowell, she reminds me of Mia and Mia is my favorite Adept to play as in Golden Sun and GS The Lost Age.

I'd fully agree, I'm almost certain she'll be playable next time

I'm also not really into getting Golden Sun on the Wii U VC, I have to just say I hate RPGs on the game console, I like them better on the handheld consoles, like how Pokémon is on the 3ds.

I agree, being able to bring the adventure with you is makes trips much better.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally I didn't really have a big problem with the Dark Dawn characters. Himi felt tacked on though at the end, although it was cool to get a female Venus adept. I thought Eoleo was a great nod back to the original games, definitely one of Dark Dawns more genius moments.

It felt like the game should have focused on Matthew, Tyrell, Karis and Rief. Then in Golden Sun 4 add Amiti, Eoleo, Sveta and Himi to the team. Like what happened in the first two games.

My main issue was how the plot progressed, you spent so long on a quest (getting some feather) that didn't really seem that important. Then almost as soon as things start really happening it's over. It felt a bit like a glorified prologue.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I like Sveta, but I wish that the whole beast empire was on a different continent. It felt out of place in Angara.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Funny, I generally much preferred the second wave of adepts in Dark Dawn, save for Himi who appeared so late in the game that she felt kind of pointless. They just generally seemed like more interesting characters than the cookie-cutter bunch that were the original group's descendants. I was also a fan of radical changes happening to the world like the rise of Morgal and the beastmen because, considering how the original games ended, it would be far stranger for the world to remain the same.

Now, Dark Dawn definitely had some issues, especially with the plot, but in general I was happy with the game and I think it would be a shame if Camelot never got the chance to follow-up on that frustrating cliffhanger.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Golden Sun and TLA 3DS remakes would make me get the system instantly. Really loved the games. Outside of DKC games, and some Pokémon and Fire Emblem titles, I really can´t say I replayed many games, but I sure did with the GBA Golden Suns.

Think that if they are gonna make a Golden Sun 4, we´d get a lot of party members. It´s probably likely Matthew will be involved somehow, much like Isaac did in TLA, by not being a main character but still important to the plot. A son or daughter of Felix would be awesome, I´d actually like a daughter better I´d think, inspired by Jenna but a Venus Adept. Felix and Sheba could have had kids, and their second one could be a Jupiter warrior-like character, say based on Piers but with Jupiter Psynergy.

But I´d like it better if the old cast came back somehow, or was more involved. Isaac becoming playable for example, as a late party member who´s highly overleveled and joins with a lot of Djinn. Special class maybe, Golden Adept?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I just started replaying the first Golden Sun, since it's been so long since I played it. Currently I'm inside Tret. (think deku tree)

It's making me think about possible items that could represent Golden Sun in smash Bros. It's kinda hard to find an item that really sticks out that doesn't do something an existing smash item already does though.

I was thinking a psyenergy stone: http://goldensunwiki.net/Psynergy_Stone

but I'm not certain what it would do since it restores psynergy points (mp) rather than health.

Alternatively if Isaac didn't use Djinn in his moveset a variety of them could appear as "items" similar to pokeball pokemon.

Anyone have some ideas for items?

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
It felt like the game should have focused on Matthew, Tyrell, Karis and Rief. Then in Golden Sun 4 add Amiti, Eoleo, Sveta and Himi to the team. Like what happened in the first two games.

My main issue was how the plot progressed, you spent so long on a quest (getting some feather) that didn't really seem that important. Then almost as soon as things start really happening it's over. It felt a bit like a glorified prologue.
This, so much.

I kinda feel bad for Camelot, they did such a great job with the first two games and how they both were a part of the same story, that it's kinda hard for them to top themselves with new ones.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I just started replaying the first Golden Sun, since it's been so long since I played it. Currently I'm inside Tret. (think deku tree)

It's making me think about possible items that could represent Golden Sun in smash Bros. It's kinda hard to find an item that really sticks out that doesn't do something an existing smash item already does though.

I was thinking a psyenergy stone: http://goldensunwiki.net/Psynergy_Stone

but I'm not certain what it would do since it restores psynergy points (mp) rather than health.

Alternatively if Isaac didn't use Djinn in his moveset a variety of them could appear as "items" similar to pokeball pokemon.

Anyone have some ideas for items?
The Sleep Bomb and the Bramble Seed could make interesting items.

The Sleep Bomb could be the first item besides Togepi that can put opponents to sleep. As for the Bramble Seed, when thrown at someone or something, it could sprout into a bush of thorny vines that damages and entangles opponents.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what they'd do regarding replacing Eoleo, but imo a Proxian like Saturos, Menardi, Karst and Agatio would be a interesting character to use.
I am totally clueless about what they'd do with the second Jupiter Adept, all I know is I'd like to see something like Sheba since Karis lacks psychic abilities and Sveta was a piece of garbage.
If they were to replace Amiti, I wouldn't mind seeing a Lemurian character.
Then there's the Antagonists, Blados and Chalis sucked, just use Arcanus is what I have to say about the Antagonists.
Yeah I hope we do see the first two games remade, we totally need to see Golden Sun with these amazing 3ds graphics.
Im really critic with Dark Dawn, but i wouldnt say that the characters were awful, some characters are acceptable and others are mediocre. It wasnt the worst thing of the game. Matthew at the beginning was sightly different from the final design, at least that seems to show the first trailer but for some reason Camelot needed to make him more like a clone of Isaac. Descendants of first game are in general acceptable.

From the other 4 characters, Amiti is the son of Alex and i liked the character, those "we are not going to help that dirty pirate" dialogues are priceless.
To be fair, Eoleo was one of the most expected characters to be playable in a possible sequel to TLA. We basically get him for the ship and he promised to take revenge but at the end it doents fell that he takes revenge at all.
Then we have Sveta, while the Beastmen is an stupid idea, she brings something sightly different in gameplay. And after all Sveta was the main protagonist of Dark Dawn, really. Think about it, Isaac is main protagonist of GS because the wise one sends him to recover elemental stars and because he wants to save Jenna and Kraden. Felix is the main protagonist of TLA because he is destined to liberate the Alchemy to save the world. The most memorable thing of Matthew is that he is Isaacs son and that it was sended to acomplish a ******** mission, in other hand Sveta history is way more intense.
About Himi, well, she is autistic, she wouldnt speak, with the exception of those "trances".

Dark Dawn pointed many things about the possible 4th game, first it seems that is going to take place mainly in the west sea. And two likely characters are Takeru and Nowell. Takeru, if you dont remember is the brother of Himi... That dont says much of him, but he can not really do it worse and probably being an Earth Adept he is maybe the main character, so he can be muted with justification. According to the encyclopedya: "This courageous warrior is the son of Susa and Kushinada, making him the prince of Yamata and heir apparent. After his sister, Himi, had a vision of the world in peril, he went abroad on an important mission." And he aparently was going to help Isaac. Considering this if i had to select 4 character for a sequel to Dark Dawn...
*Takeru, a proxian, descendent of Felix-Sheba wind adept-warrior type and Nowell... However if they want to add innecessary characters, Venus adept of Shaman village, A dwarf of Loho with Mars psynergy?, Jupiter adept of Contigo and a 2nd Lemurian, there we are 8 characters.
Felix and Piers possible going to have a non-playable role and the game is going to mention that Sheba is in a town that we cant go.

TeamFlareZakk

That would be really really great and they can use them to promote Issac in Smash Bros..
Im really critic with Dark Dawn, but i wouldnt say that the characters were awful, some characters are acceptable and others are mediocre. It wasnt the worst thing of the game. Matthew at the beginning was sightly different from the final design, at least that seems to show the first trailer but for some reason Camelot needed to make him more like a clone of Isaac. Descendants of first game are in general acceptable.

From the other 4 characters, Amiti is the son of Alex and i liked the character, those "we are not going to help that dirty pirate" dialogues are priceless.
To be fair, Eoleo was one of the most expected characters to be playable in a possible sequel to TLA. We basically get him for the ship and he promised to take revenge but at the end it doents fell that he takes revenge at all.
Then we have Sveta, while the Beastmen is an stupid idea, she brings something sightly different in gameplay. And after all Sveta was the main protagonist of Dark Dawn, really. Think about it, Isaac is main protagonist of GS because the wise one sends him to recover elemental stars and because he wants to save Jenna and Kraden. Felix is the main protagonist of TLA because he is destined to liberate the Alchemy to save the world. The most memorable thing of Matthew is that he is Isaacs son and that it was sended to acomplish a ******** mission, in other hand Sveta history is way more intense.
About Himi, well, she is autistic, she wouldnt speak, with the exception of those "trances".

Dark Dawn pointed many things about the possible 4th game, first it seems that is going to take place mainly in the west sea. And two likely characters are Takeru and Nowell. Takeru, if you dont remember is the brother of Himi... That dont says much of him, but he can not really do it worse and probably being an Earth Adept he is maybe the main character, so he can be muted with justification. According to the encyclopedya: "This courageous warrior is the son of Susa and Kushinada, making him the prince of Yamata and heir apparent. After his sister, Himi, had a vision of the world in peril, he went abroad on an important mission." And he aparently was going to help Isaac. Considering this if i had to select 4 character for a sequel to Dark Dawn...
*Takeru, a proxian, descendent of Felix-Sheba wind adept-warrior type and Nowell... However if they want to add innecessary characters, Venus adept of Shaman village, A dwarf of Loho with Mars psynergy?, Jupiter adept of Contigo and a 2nd Lemurian, there we are 8 characters.
Felix and Piers possible going to have a non-playable role and the game is going to mention that Sheba is in a town that we cant go.
I think they'd combine the team of GS4 and Matthew's team.

I'm not playing as this stupid Takaru guy, especially for him to be the main guy to play as, I'd much rather Felix have a son or daughter to be the main character.

The reason for this is I loved Felix in Lost Age, in fact I like Felix more than Isaac, therefore if Isaac's descendant was the main character in Dark Dawn, it's only right for Felix's descendant to be the main guy in GS4, either that or keep Matthew the main character, therefore keep Felix's descendant a Earth Adept.

It would be absolutely terrible making the main guy you play as Takeru, a descendant of npcs from Lost Age and brother of Himi, the most hated Adept like ever.

I think the Proxian Mars Adept idea would be like the new Sveta idea, think about it, it introduces a scythe user, like Magus in Crono Trigger, and it's like playing as good Saturos.

As for Jupiter Adept, I was thinking that could be Hama's descendant, and those of you who forgot Hama, she's Ivan's sister.

Then we get Nowell as the Mercury Adept.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman

I think they'd combine the team of GS4 and Matthew's team.

I'm not playing as this stupid Takaru guy, especially for him to be the main guy to play as, I'd much rather Felix have a son or daughter to be the main character.

The reason for this is I loved Felix in Lost Age, in fact I like Felix more than Isaac, therefore if Isaac's descendant was the main character in Dark Dawn, it's only right for Felix's descendant to be the main guy in GS4, either that or keep Matthew the main character, therefore keep Felix's descendant a Earth Adept.

It would be absolutely terrible making the main guy you play as Takeru, a descendant of npcs from Lost Age and brother of Himi, the most hated Adept like ever.

I think the Proxian Mars Adept idea would be like the new Sveta idea, think about it, it introduces a scythe user, like Magus in Crono Trigger, and it's like playing as good Saturos.

As for Jupiter Adept, I was thinking that could be Hama's descendant, and those of you who forgot Hama, she's Ivan's sister.

Then we get Nowell as the Mercury Adept.
I knew for Takeru and Nowell, and obviously they'll be playable characters. However, because we know that Nowell is with Piers, and that Piers is a good old friend of Felix, I'm convinced that Felix's and Sheba's son will be playable. In my opinion, the hero will be the son, Nowell will be the heroine, and in the same way that Isaac and Garet helped the protagonists in Golden Sun 3, Piers and Felix will do the same. I know it's all speculation, but as mentioned, it seems logical that the main character is as the following :
  • Golden Sun 1 -> Isaac
  • Golden Sun 2 -> Felix
  • Golden Sun 3 -> Isaac's son
  • Golden Sun 4 -> Felix's son
I also hope that Alex's son will be playable again, and that Alex will have more spotlight in the new game ! Camelot really need to develop Golden Sun 4. Moreover, at the end of Golden Sun 3 we know that there is new psynergies : light and dark.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I knew for Takeru and Nowell, and obviously they'll be playable characters. However, because we know that Nowell is with Piers, and that Piers is a good old friend of Felix, I'm convinced that Felix's and Sheba's son will be playable. In my opinion, the hero will be the son, Nowell will be the heroine, and in the same way that Isaac and Garet helped the protagonists in Golden Sun 3, Piers and Felix will do the same. I know it's all speculation, but as mentioned, it seems logical that the main character is as the following :
  • Golden Sun 1 -> Isaac
  • Golden Sun 2 -> Felix
  • Golden Sun 4 -> Felix's son*
I also hope that Alex's son will be playable again, and that Alex will have more spotlight in the new game ! Camelot really need to develop Golden Sun 4. Moreover, at the end of Golden Sun 3 we know that there is new psynergies : light and dark.
* - If he has a son

And yeah with the new Psyenergies, does that mean GS4 will have 12 characters??

We'll certainly be getting playable light and dark people for sure.

Arteen

Smash Lord
It'd be pretty cool if Felix had a daughter. We could use more female adepts, especially since the only female Venus adept (Himi) is such a non-character. I'd also love to see a Proxian.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why not have a huge cast of characters, like Fire Emblem in a way?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Why not have a huge cast of characters, like Fire Emblem in a way?
Because you can only use 4 characters at a time, I would be there for hours deciding who to use out of 20 something people! :dizzy:

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bet we gonna see Dark Dawn's cast, or a few of them. If there's Light Adepts, Isaac can become one, having absorbed some light of the Golden Sun and all. He could be a uber unit.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Considering even Dark Dawn's "promise" of the black holes happening and such wasn't as exciting as the original games, perhaps a prequel would be a better way to go.

A game about the sealing of alchemy and the lighthouses would be interesting.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Bet we gonna see Dark Dawn's cast, or a few of them. If there's Light Adepts, Isaac can become one, having absorbed some light of the Golden Sun and all. He could be a uber unit.
I'm not sure if adepts just change like that, I think it was people who weren't adepts before become Light and Dark Adepts?

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Considering even Dark Dawn's "promise" of the black holes happening and such wasn't as exciting as the original games, perhaps a prequel would be a better way to go.

A game about the sealing of alchemy and the lighthouses would be interesting.
Like a prequel? I'm pretty sure that one of the protagonists would be an ancestor of Isaac or Felix in that case.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I wouldn't want a Fire Emblem sized set of playable characters. That results in most characters having little if anything to do with the plot. Dark Dawn had trouble making its eight characters all feel worthwhile.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wouldn't want a Fire Emblem sized set of playable characters. That results in most characters having little if anything to do with the plot. Dark Dawn had trouble making its eight characters all feel worthwhile.
Yeah, playing Dark Dawn with 30 or so characters would be horrendous. Besides a fire emblem size playable cast works better in tile based strategy RPGs. (Where there's more focus on it being an army) I don't think it would make sense in a traditional jrpg.

TeamFlareZakk

• Golden Sun 1 -> Isaac
  • Golden Sun 2 -> Felix
  • Golden Sun 4 -> Felix's son
I think Alex should just fly solo and be the antagonist, Chalis and Blados were terrible.

I totally agree with everything you said, @M23.

I'd like to see maybe Felix's daughter too, I'd like to see maybe Felix's son perhaps have a brother or sister, one can be Earth and one can be Wind, that's be neat, this would also be similar to how Felix traveled with his sister Jenna, except this time she is a Jupiter Adept and she looks like Sheba.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Lost Age did fine though. And if it's mostly the old cast, why wouldn't they? All the characters have enough back story for it to work.

TeamFlareZakk

The Lost Age did fine though. And if it's mostly the old cast, why wouldn't they? All the characters have enough back story for it to work.
I wouldn't mind it, after all we play a rpg with over 700 characters to use with Pokémon.

I think it would be fun because it would mean we'd have a huge section of Adepts to use, and this could allow us to change teams up a bit, after all the same team kind of does get boring, especially considering who knows when and if we'll see GS5.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
While I agree GS doesn't need a huge cast, I have to chip in with the fact that Chrono Cross had tons of PCs and it was awesome. On another note, I've never understood all the hate for DD. I liked the cast (though Tyrell was a friggin idiot), and I enjoyed the story. Perhaps I'm easily pleased. Hmm.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
It's not that it's a bad game. It just didn't live up to the awesomeness of the originals. We waited a lot for a new GS game and it arrived... it was just OK.

By the way, I didn't mention this, but Little Mac was one of those characters that, to me, was "up in the air" (even if kinda obviously included because of the ring) along with Ridley and K. Rool, both of which are popular but not shoe-ins. I'll admit, I thought he could end up not being included because he's not too popular in Japan.

Anywho, one newcomer slot less... one less chance for Isaac to sneak in. :c

Top Bottom