• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
There is that as well. Its so oddly out of place and makes no sense at all. Again, though, there is the fact too that for some reason they chose Dumb Drum, and specifically a scene where a Kritter pops out.

Everything about that scene is so out of place. Wii Sports and NES Olympics? Sure, they're sports related, but DKC is so incredibly random. Coupled with the recent launch of just about every DK game in NA, including DK64 being one of the first N64 titles, something previously thought impossible.
Guys, let's not take this too seriously, it could just be hints at games played during the championships and have nothing to do with their presentation... although a DK game is a possibility.

If we are to take it seriously, I would have to say they are bringing some GameCube era games back because they had talked about it before... so let's just ignore the idea they put hints in there, ok!?
Also, the music mentions riding a falcon, could be F-Zero, but once again, I don't want to think about it... :lol:

Can we have Dark Dawn on the VC please!? :awesome:

EDIT:
So, I was researching some things, and I would like to hear your thoughts on two matters that might relate to the next game in the series.
And let me use those spoiler tags, since I remembered this time... :laugh:

When you visit Border Town, it is mentioned that Bilibin is now a country and that it used to trade resources with Morgal, usually at Border Pass. However, after the events of the Morgal Revolution, Bilibin's leaders attempted to invade the newly independent country, making Volechek order his men to block off the Border Crossing.
Moreover, it is stated that Lord McCoy has stepped down from his throne and that although it is said the country is ruled by the McCoy men, in reality it is ruled by the Queen.
So... you mean to tell me that self-centered, extremely arrogant and spoiled woman, is now the leader of Bilibin? May the gods keep them safe! :urg:
And now Sveta is going to have to work really hard to maintain peace between both countries now that Volechek is dead. Poor girl... or should I say, beastwoman!? :confused:
What I wanted to ask is if you think we will see Nowell and Kraden visit Bilibin in the next game and be denied help/passage by the Queen?

Next, I was thinking about this:
During one of Rief's conversations with Kraden, when they are talking about his sister, he ends up saying "she was always the lucky one". This is because he thinks she has got a cool opportunity to be trained by "Captain Piers". However, Kraden replies saying that "he wouldn't say that if he knew where they were sailing to".
It is also mentioned Piers travels around and investigates weird phenomena, just like Isaac does near Sol Sanctum.
What the heck does this mean? Where are they headed? Is Takeru going with them like the game seems to suggest? What are these strange phenomenons Piers is investigating? :facepalm:
So many questions, very few answers... any ideas you want to share on this?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That let's play is getting real old, real quick.

People are now calling the game crap.

People didn't use to do that...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

If they post that LP just post a handful of the many stellar reviews the game has received and chalk it up to opinions.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
All of them.

We now have people saying that they are only good for one play through.
Like all the GS games? In any case it's whatever--I've enjoyed particularly some bad games and enjoyed them a lot. And GS isn't even bad--it's good. I'm more partial to text reviews like you'd read on GamesRadar or IGN even, because you don't watch the game being played by someone else. When you are, it's like you're viewing the game solely from that person's eyes and having views about it you may not have had because they focus on a particular aspect of the game in real time

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Some of them could be people just afraid to see Isaac being prefered to the character(s) they support, and trying to stain the games to avoid it. Popularity also comes with critics, and Isaac is more popular than ever among Smash fans, now.

Last edited:

Starless

Smash Cadet

Sadly this is not a new phenomenon, screenshot LPs of all three GS games tend to either 1) actively hate it or 2) contains obligatory "Dark Dawn hate" posts, even in LPs of the first game.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
My only worry is how many casuals will actually end up voting before the ballot closes, because chances are they won't be voting for Isaac.
The ballot also has male and female options that HAVE to be answered. And casuals are most likely familiar with established franchises such as Super Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog and Pokemon (I only knew Captain Falcon from Smash Bros.), so suggestions such as Toad and Daisy could in theory............

Then again, casuals might not even care about the ballot.

Last edited:

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
The ballot also has male and female options that HAVE to be answered. And casuals are most likely familiar with established franchises such as Super Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog and Pokemon (I only knew Captain Falcon from Smash Bros.), so suggestions such as Toad and Daisy could in theory............

Then again, casuals might not even care about the ballot.
Watch every single japanese kid who heard about it vote for Jibanyan from Yokai Watch to be in the game! :joyful:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Well, I'm out for some days and this thread just continues active, you guys are awesome.

Also, I wonder if at E3, which extra characters they will reveal besides Wolf.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If it could mean full HD models of Saturos, Menardi, Agatio, and Karst, then let him in. Isaac has always been one of my top newcomers.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well, I'm out for some days and this thread just continues active, you guys are awesome.

Also, I wonder if at E3, which extra characters they will reveal besides Wolf.
I feel like Ryu will be the big reveal (but we knew about it in advance) and maybe the reveal of Wolf alongside. Roy will likely be saved for the 25th Fire Emblem anniversary thing that Sakurai's speaking at.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I feel like Ryu will be the big reveal (but we knew about it in advance) and maybe the reveal of Wolf alongside. Roy will likely be saved for the 25th Fire Emblem anniversary thing that Sakurai's speaking at.
Why did they have to pick Ryu, seriously? I mean I get he's a icon of fighting games and would be a cool fighter but him over I don't know someone you could use without having to obtain rights to like your first party characters *COUGH COUGH ISAAC AND K ROOL* I'll only accept him if Nintendo is planning on buying Mega Man.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Why did they have to pick Ryu, seriously? I mean I get he's a icon of fighting games and would be a cool fighter but him over I don't know someone you could use without having to obtain rights to like your first party characters *COUGH COUGH ISAAC AND K ROOL* I'll only accept him if Nintendo is planning on buying Mega Man.
If Nintendo buys Mega Man, then I would be ok with Ryu representing Capcom, but yeah, I can't really say I accept it when there are some first party characters that deserve to be in Smash more. Also, if Mega Man becomes indeed 1st party, then I may be able to dream with Protoman or Zero being candidates to Smash... At least in Smash 5 that is.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
If Nintendo buys Mega Man, then I would be ok with Ryu representing Capcom, but yeah, I can't really say I accept it when there are some first party characters that deserve to be in Smash more. Also, if Mega Man becomes indeed 1st party, then I may be able to dream with Protoman or Zero being candidates to Smash... At least in Smash 5 that is.
I never understood why Capcom would get two characters. Sega never got 2 and neither did Namco (THE FREAKING PEOPLE MAKING THE GAME). If by the time 5mash rolls around and we still don't have Isaac, I'll be pissed.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
The Smashified team mentioned that one of the future Smashified characters was revealed by mistake in one of their videos.

https://twitter.com/smashified/status/598916131538268161

And someone said he saw an "Isaac" folder in a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4F4R56VLY
Look at 1:31. Not that surprising, but... Nice. :smirk:
I hope it's not something misleading.
_____
Also, please take a look (Did I just pulled an Iwata, right now? :laugh: ) at this trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQR3MHLkAUo
There's a TON of references to various well known video games, and at 0:48, well... That reminded me of something we all know well here. I wasn't sure, maybe other video games had a similar system. But then in the comments, someone had the exact same idea. What do you all think? :surprised:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I never understood why Capcom would get two characters. Sega never got 2 and neither did Namco (THE FREAKING PEOPLE MAKING THE GAME). If by the time 5mash rolls around and we still don't have Isaac, I'll be pissed.
People didn't seem too upset over the idea of double representation from a company when suggestions of Bomberman and Bayonetta were flying around.

I call dibs on Smashified Isaac for my avatar. xD
Smashified Isaac is for all Isaac fans. :p

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
People didn't seem too upset over the idea of double representation from a company when suggestions of Bomberman and Bayonetta were flying around.
I think double representation shouldn't be a thing for smash unless all the companies get a second character. Then there would be to many third party characters. I would much rather have Bomberman than Snake and I never really wanted Bayonetta.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Smashified team mentioned that one of the future Smashified characters was revealed by mistake in one of their videos.

https://twitter.com/smashified/status/598916131538268161

And someone said he saw an "Isaac" folder in a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4F4R56VLY
Look at 1:31. Not that surprising, but... Nice. :smirk:
I hope it's not something misleading.
Yeah I saw it. It could just be for reference I suppose, but I would guess it's a legit accidental leak. Though Isaac was pretty likely to happen at some point anyway. :D

I think double representation shouldn't be a thing for smash unless all the companies get a second character. Then there would be to many third party characters. I would much rather have Bomberman than Snake and I never really wanted Bayonetta.
I just think that characters should be judged on their character, not the company they hail from. I'd still like to see both Bomberman and Simon. Or at least I think those two would be better additions than a lot of alternative possibilities.

That said, while Ryu in Smash is kinda eh imo, as a character he's just as qualified to be included as ones we've seen in the past.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I just think that characters should be judged on their character, not the company they hail from. I'd still like to see both Bomberman and Simon. Or at least I think those two would be better additions than a lot of alternative possibilities.

That said, while Ryu in Smash is kinda eh imo, as a character he's just as qualified to be included as ones we've seen in the past.
Characters should be judged on their character but that being said, we can't have 6 third parties its kind of excessive. Simon would be cool but I think Bomberman justs fits better in Smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we wind up with a roster of close to 60 I don't think 6 third-parties is that excessive tbh.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Its a tenth of the roster. Any way back to Isaac, do you guys like Isaac DD design.
It's alright, but I prefer Matthew's design from that game.

And as far as Isaac goes, his classic GS look will probably always be my favourite.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I love all their designs. Classic Isaac's scarf and neat armor, DD's bearded Isaac with a long coat (damn I love long coats) and Matthew's with his cool jacket.

Though I agree that Matthew should have had a distinctive sign.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Frankly, I think DLC is Isaac's last chance. His series hasn't seen a game in 5 years and it's not a retro franchise. He didn't get a trophy or assist in the game, all we got was one Golden Sun song, and if he doesn't get in via DLC, he certainly won't get in Smash ever, at least as I see it.

Now, if they announce a new Golden Sun at E3....

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Frankly, I think DLC is Isaac's last chance. His series hasn't seen a game in 5 years and it's not a retro franchise. He didn't get a trophy or assist in the game, all we got was one Golden Sun song, and if he doesn't get in via DLC, he certainly won't get in Smash ever, at least as I see it.

Now, if they announce a new Golden Sun at E3....
I still don't get this logic. If the Golden Sun franchise does continue, what's to stop them from adding him later on?

It's alright, but I prefer Matthew's design from that game.

And as far as Isaac goes, his classic GS look will probably always be my favourite.
I really like Isaac's coat in Dark Dawn. Personally I think I'd prefer beardless Isaac, though. I've seen others do a mockup of that and I really like the idea.

Otherwise, yeah, classic Isaac is the best (until further notice), but I don't mind adult Isaac either.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I still don't get this logic. If the Golden Sun franchise does continue, what's to stop them from adding him later on?

I really like Isaac's coat in Dark Dawn. Personally I think I'd prefer beardless Isaac, though. I've seen others do a mockup of that and I really like the idea.

Otherwise, yeah, classic Isaac is the best (until further notice), but I don't mind adult Isaac either.
That's my point, dude. The franchise is dead. It's not coming back.

Burruni

Smash Hero
That's my point, dude. The franchise is dead. It's not coming back.
It isn't dead, though. Not HEALTHY, but far from dead.

Mother is dead because the creator said that he was done with the series and fans have been waiting over 7 years for an official release of the GBA title(s).

F-Zero is on life support by being used in various properties of Nintendo.

Golden Sun not having a game in 5 years isn't dead yet. Especially since we have an interview from 2012 from the makers saying that they're still perfectly willing to make another title but felt that the popularity got some bad turns after Dark Dawn.

The raw amount of people bringing Isaac back up for Smash is their flag that the series is still popular, if nothing else. The makers having the resources to make a game and expressing interest in it keeps the hope of the series alive.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It isn't dead, though. Not HEALTHY, but far from dead.

Mother is dead because the creator said that he was done with the series and fans have been waiting over 7 years for an official release of the GBA title(s).

F-Zero is on life support by being used in various properties of Nintendo.

Golden Sun not having a game in 5 years isn't dead yet. Especially since we have an interview from 2012 from the makers saying that they're still perfectly willing to make another title but felt that the popularity got some bad turns after Dark Dawn.

The raw amount of people bringing Isaac back up for Smash is their flag that the series is still popular, if nothing else. The makers having the resources to make a game and expressing interest in it keeps the hope of the series alive.
F-Zero is a dead franchise. Let it go.

The difference between Metroid and Golden Sun is that Metroid is actually a Major franchise in Nintendo's collection, one that they actually promote. Golden Sun is not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

The difference between Metroid and Golden Sun is that Metroid is actually a Major franchise in Nintendo's collection, one that they actually promote. Golden Sun is not.
F-Zero isn't dead, Miyamoto has said he wants to work on it with some excuse and the MK8 DLC proves that they know people want F-Zero. Wonderful 101 wasn't advertised, is that dead too? Metroid's newest game was absolute **** to the point the Japanese gamers, the group Other M tried to appeal to, said Prime was better and GSDD was still good but not as good as the previous entries IIRC

Burruni

Smash Hero

I'll let it go whenever Nintendo stops teasing me with Mario Kart 8 Content which only further makes me need a new F-Zero title. 200CC ISN'T FAST ENOUGH.

Also the raw popularity and demand for F-Zero despite not getting a game since the GameCube can hold people hopeful when Nintendo is proving willing to use its content.
I mean.... how can you deny the man?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
F-Zero isn't dead, Miyamoto has said he wants to work on it with some excuse and the MK8 DLC proves that they know people want F-Zero. Wonderful 101 wasn't advertised, is that dead too? Metroid's newest game was absolute **** to the point the Japanese gamers, the group Other M tried to appeal to, said Prime was better and GSDD was still good but not as good as the previous entries IIRC
Wonderful 101 isn't a series though. It's a standalone ga,e.
F-Zero s dead. NO NEW GAME IN OVER 10 YEARS. Every last F-Zero piece of life is in other games as cameos or bonus content. NON-CANON content, I might add.

I like how everyone says Other M was bad when half of them haven't even played it.

Golden Sun won't get anything new. Ever. Camelot basically is just doing Mario spinoffs now.

Let it go. Isaac is done. Until Golden sun sees new light (It won't) his last chance is DLC. So drum up your support for the character who Sakurai removed from the game in ALL FORMS. Hell, even Barbara got a trophy. Isaac? NOTHING.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
F-Zero s dead. NO NEW GAME IN OVER 10 YEARS. Every last F-Zero piece of life is in other games as cameos or bonus content. NON-CANON content, I might add.

I like how everyone says Other M was bad when half of them haven't even played it.

Golden Sun won't get anything new. Ever. Camelot basically is just doing Mario spinoffs now.

Let it go. Isaac is done. Until Golden sun sees new light (It won't) his last chance is DLC. So drum up your support for the character who Sakurai removed from the game in ALL FORMS. Hell, even Barbara got a trophy. Isaac? NOTHING.
10 years? Kid Icarus laughs at you
I played Other M. It's bad. real bad.
Hello, new boss of Nintendo!
Jill, Ray MKIII and other character don't have trophies. Honestly, everytime I see you pot it's always you forcing your opinion on us like you are some allknowing being and thinks that everyone who disagrees with you must perish or something

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

You do realize that the gap between GS2 and Dark Dawn was from 2003-2010. That's 7 YEARS. The franchise is not dead. Stop acting like you know the series' future.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Warning Received
10 years? Kid Icarus laughs at you
I played Other M. It's bad. real bad.
Hello, new boss of Nintendo!
Jill, Ray MKIII and other character don't have trophies. Honestly, everytime I see you pot it's always you forcing your opinion on us like you are some allknowing being and thinks that everyone who disagrees with you must perish or something
No. I'm just saying that it's not a big enough franchise to warrant anything new. It's not retro, so there's no chance of a rival. It's not a mainstream franchise and it's got nothing planned to promote. Smash is a promotion for Nintendo's franchises. Duck Hunt being an exception.

AND I'VE PLAYED OTHER M. IT IS NOT BAD.

Jill, Ray MK III are in the same boat of Isaac: DEAD FRANCHISES.

Kid Icarus was a retro franchise. If Isaac was important enough to earn a spot, he would've gotten in by now, and he wouldn't have been scrapped as an assist if they had ANYTHING NEW TO PROMOTE FROM THAT FRANCHISE.

How many of you people knew who he was before Brawl? Be honest.

You do realize that the gap between GS2 and Dark Dawn was from 2003-2010. That's 7 YEARS. The franchise is not dead. Stop acting like you know the series' future.
How about you stop acting like a tool and look at a few facts?

Go wait for Isaac in SSF2. Stop wasting your time on a lost cause here.

And yes, I've always been open to Isaac in Smash. I'm just not blinded by bias to say he's "practically confirmed" because his lack of data, like I've seen many arguments.
Honestly. No other character base has been so blind to facts since Ridley.

Top Bottom