• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
Not just their fight. I wouldn't want it to be the kids doing the job and the adults being the one giving out quests/background characters. Or the convenient scenario where we win the battle gameplay wise but lose storyline wise (I hate it when games do that) for someone to save us or the other scenario where we are doing the saving (just cause we are the controlling party). Even if older members are guests/temporary, we should be able to CONTROL them. Like mess around with Djinn, equipment, etc. Since we already have so many characters, I don't see how GS4 can have all of them (even all the GS3 characters if we consider that GS4 will give us Takeru and Nowell), but I wouldn't mind cycling them to a certain extent, as long as it is handled nicely that is.

Even Camelot tried to make the characters like the original 8 hence the similarities between characters in Dark Dawn. The first 4 are almost identical to Golden Sun: The Broken Seal's characters, and the last 4 are slightly different.

Isaac - Matthew (clone)
Garet - Tyrell (stupid fan version of Garet)
Ivan - Karis (3rd character, Jupiter, Ivan's daughter)
Mia - Rief (Mia's son, who is a mage just like his mom)
Piers - Piers (a fire version of the sailor Piers)
Sheba - Himi (venus mage)

Amiti is sort of like Jenna, as he can only go upto light swords but is not a mage. Sveta like Felix, is the character with the highest attack. She is the most different of the lot with her transformation and is more broken than Felix with a 99% Meggido setup
That's one of the reasons why the next game will have a different party! They will probably be more like Felix's party and join together with Mathew's party at some point, making for 8 characters that look like the 8 original ones! (I do not support that idea, mind you...)
I don't want to be saved either, that's why the original characters need to be NPCs, since they will want you to play with their descendants again. They might be playable in the future again, but it must be from the start and to solve a very serious matter, like dealing with an overpowered Alex, for instance!

@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman I agree, but first we need to see more abilities besides warping around, sending telepathic messages and conjuring water geysers! Although two of those could easily be specials.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I had an idea this morning when coming across a "Man at Arms" video. Could we try suggesting them to do the Sol Blade from its Dark Dawn's design? Seems worth a try if everyone here (and in other places where we can ask GS fans) suggests this? :confused:

If you don't know their amazing work already, here's an example where they make the Sword Pokémon Honedge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJxwba9LWug
Another one where they respectively make Link's Master Sword and Fierce Deity sword:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFKx_lzF6e4 / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ipdBfNJII8

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I had an idea this morning when coming across a "Man at Arms" video. Could we try suggesting them to do the Sol Blade from its Dark Dawn's design? Seems worth a try if everyone here (and in other places where we can ask GS fans) suggests this? :confused:

If you don't know their amazing work already, here's an example where they make the Sword Pokémon Honedge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJxwba9LWug
Another one where they respectively make Link's Master Sword and Fierce Deity sword:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFKx_lzF6e4 / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ipdBfNJII8
Well I'm already trying to get them to make Meta Knight's Galaxia so that might have to wait.

Starless

Smash Cadet
Isaac - Matthew (clone)
Garet - Tyrell (stupid fan version of Garet)
Ivan - Karis (3rd character, Jupiter, Ivan's daughter)
Mia - Rief (Mia's son, who is a mage just like his mom)
Piers - Piers (a fire version of the sailor Piers)
Sheba - Himi (venus mage)

Amiti is sort of like Jenna, as he can only go upto light swords but is not a mage. Sveta like Felix, is the character with the highest attack. She is the most different of the lot with her transformation and is more broken than Felix with a 99% Meggido setup
Personally I see Karis more like a mash up between Jenna and Mia.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Personally I see Karis more like a mash up between Jenna and Mia.
Personality wise perhaps but she fills the role that Ivan did in the first game. Like doing most of the talking, being the smart alec, etc. Minus mind reading.

That's one of the reasons why the next game will have a different party! They will probably be more like Felix's party and join together with Mathew's party at some point, making for 8 characters that look like the 8 original ones! (I do not support that idea, mind you...)
I don't want to be saved either, that's why the original characters need to be NPCs, since they will want you to play with their descendants again. They might be playable in the future again, but it must be from the start and to solve a very serious matter, like dealing with an overpowered Alex, for instance!
Yes, another new 8 member party is what we need to add to the number of playable characters :facepalm:

A mix from both generations is what we truly need in my opinion, and I will stick to it!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Is it? I was under the impression the ballot characters wouldn't start coming until 2016. You know how long we had to wait for Mewtwo.
I'm not really expecting Isaac much sooner, I see him getting announced this holiday at the very very earliest, but a year is still quite a wait.

Though I guess it's nothing for GS fans. v_v

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Personality wise perhaps but she fills the role that Ivan did in the first game. Like doing most of the talking, being the smart alec, etc. Minus mind reading.

Yes, another new 8 member party is what we need to add to the number of playable characters :facepalm:

A mix from both generations is what we truly need in my opinion, and I will stick to it!
Personally I don't think all the characters will be from both generations, but I can see getting some of them.

My idea, again, is going back to Isaac as the main character. I can see that happening (I just hope they don't once again make him silent, let's cut that out, its stupid), and getting 2-3 more characters to join him, such as perhaps some hinted characters; Ahri, Nowell, etc. Then later on Matthew and 1-2 of his party will join, and perhaps either Garet, Jenna, or Piers (since Piers is with Nowell). I think Matthew could be differentiated from Isaac, though that'd be more difficult for Garet and Tyrell. Tyrell is kind of pointless anyway, so perhaps not him.

I do think we -would- get new characters, but most would be a mix between generations. Felix and Sheba I have a feeling would not join, but would at least appear. Ditto for Mia. Ivan is mixed.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Venus Day is a thing when you're sleep deprived and your filter for whether you should make bad jokes isn't working at full power. :p

Also, here's just a random top 10, but you'll all appreciate who the first place went to. ;)

And here's @pizzadudemanguy's top 10. Isaac placed well, he's not first or anything, but it's just a good vid.

If you guys have any vids that place Isaac in a favourable position (or even just discuss him for more than a few seconds), feel free to post them!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Venus Day is a thing when you're sleep deprived and your filter for whether you should make bad jokes isn't working at full power. :p
!
Nah don't worry I was going to make the same joke albeit in a different way.

Guess my filter worked at the last moment :p

Personally I don't think all the characters will be from both generations, but I can see getting some of them.

My idea, again, is going back to Isaac as the main character. I can see that happening (I just hope they don't once again make him silent, let's cut that out, its stupid), and getting 2-3 more characters to join him, such as perhaps some hinted characters; Ahri, Nowell, etc. Then later on Matthew and 1-2 of his party will join, and perhaps either Garet, Jenna, or Piers (since Piers is with Nowell). I think Matthew could be differentiated from Isaac, though that'd be more difficult for Garet and Tyrell. Tyrell is kind of pointless anyway, so perhaps not him.

I do think we -would- get new characters, but most would be a mix between generations. Felix and Sheba I have a feeling would not join, but would at least appear. Ditto for Mia. Ivan is mixed.
Yea there might be some new characters as well but bringing back some people from the original party as well as some from the newer DD party would make a great mix. Plus open up some storyline options.

Last edited:

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417

I didn't mean 8 new characters, I said 4 new (that being the hinted ones) to join Matthew, Tyrrel, Karis and Rief again.
But I'm starting to like that idea of playing as Isaac again somehow, just don't know if Camelot would be up to it!? :ohwell:

@ Falgor Falgor I like that Man at Arms idea, will leave them a comment for you! ;)
The Verdant Sword would be cool too, with that green glow!

@ N3ON N3ON JWittz talked about him in his Top 10 DLC characters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-dmHNfdXfI

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I didn't mean 8 new characters, I said 4 new (that being the hinted ones) to join Matthew, Tyrrel, Karis and Rief again.
But I'm starting to like that idea of playing as Isaac again somehow, just don't know if Camelot would be up to it!? :ohwell:

@ Falgor Falgor I like that Man at Arms idea, will leave them a comment for you! ;)
The Verdant Sword would be cool too, with that green glow!

@ N3ON N3ON JWittz talked about him in his Top 10 DLC characters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-dmHNfdXfI
Personally I think its more likely than Rief wouldn't stick around and it'd be Amiti instead, due to Amiti's ties to... well, you-know-who.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
Personally I think its more likely than Rief wouldn't stick around and it'd be Amiti instead, due to Amiti's ties to... well, you-know-who.
Yeah, I considered that too, but there are three possibilities here:
- We get Rief because of Nowell's and Kraden's return;
- We get Amiti because of "reasons" like you said;
- We get Piers' son if he has one by now, since the next game will most likely feature him.
All in all, I think it will be Rief or Amiti, but I thought Rief would be more likely because Amiti has a kingdom to rule and he is always following Kraden around...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yeah, I considered that too, but there are three possibilities here:
- We get Rief because of Nowell's and Kraden's return;
- We get Amiti because of "reasons" like you said;
- We get Piers' son if he has one by now, since the next game will most likely feature him.
All in all, I think it will be Rief or Amiti, but I thought Rief would be more likely because Amiti has a kingdom to rule and he is always following Kraden around...
Um I think both are unlikely. Rief and Kraden have already separated from the party and have gone exploring again. Amiti has gone back to Ayuthay. Piers has been mostly shown as a solo person, hence no son/daughter. There is a reason Nowell tagged along with him.

The ending of Dark Dawn while cliffhanger-ish is still somewhat conclusive as the journey has ended. Everyone except Matthew, Karis and Tyrell have separated. Plus I don't see how Matthew will start a journey again.

It is sort of clear that the next game in the start atleast will start out with a different protagonist. Either this will be Takeru, Isaac or someone else entirely is upto Camelot's decisions.

Edit: It would seem pretty absurd to me to seek out Rief again, or you just happen to meet him again for him to conveniently become the 4th party member (again).

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Um I think both are unlikely. Rief and Kraden have already separated from the party and have gone exploring again. Amiti has gone back to Ayuthay. Piers has been mostly shown as a solo person, hence no son/daughter. There is a reason Nowell tagged along with him.

The ending of Dark Dawn while cliffhanger-ish is still somewhat conclusive as the journey has ended. Everyone except Matthew, Karis and Tyrell have separated. Plus I don't see how Matthew will start a journey again.

It is sort of clear that the next game in the start atleast will start out with a different protagonist. Either this will be Takeru, Isaac or someone else entirely is upto Camelot's decisions.

Edit: It would seem pretty absurd to me to seek out Rief again, or you just happen to meet him again for him to conveniently become the 4th party member (again).
I assume that Matthew's second journey would have something to do with that giant Psynergy Vortex. Either that, or he'll go searching for his father who was missing at the end of the game (if I remember correctly). Either way, I believe Matthew, Karis, and maybe Tyrell will join Isaac's crew in the fourth game (if Isaac is indeed the protagonist again). Though, I'd imagine Matt would run into Isaac later in the game.

It'd be cool if you could choose which character to play as out of Isaac or Matthew at the start of the game. Whoever you chose would be the protagonist and the game's story would be told from that characters perspective. That way, you could see what both Isaac and Matt were up to before they eventually meet and team up.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417

Well, it's exactly because they have gone exploring that I think it's likely we will stumble upon them again eventually! :laugh:
We know Takeru left Yamata in a "huge, neat-looking ship" in hopes of helping Isaac somehow because of Himi's dreams, where she saw him in danger.
Whatever happened to Isaac, made him leave the cabin, be it problems with the Sanctum, Wise One, Alex or the Psynergy Vortex. I'm still curious about that device near the Vortex in Konpa Cave, could be related somehow... :confused:
That said, I would expect Matthew and friends to not stay put and try to find out what happened to him.
If the next story does begin with Takeru and Nowell, as the events of Dark Dawn unfold, I could see them meeting with Matthew's group later in the game, when both are searching for Isaac.
If we assume Ahri to make an appearance, this leaves us with a Mars and Mercury adept left. Maybe it will be Piers, he doesn't age at all anyways! :laugh: (that's why Nowell fell in love with him, he still looks as young as 30 years ago)
The only way I don't see Matthew playable is if the story is told from Isaac's perspective and in that case he would be playable from the start. I just don't think Camelot wants to use him again right now, but I would like to see him again, mind you!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, it's exactly because they have gone exploring that I think it's likely we will stumble upon them again eventually! :laugh:
We know Takeru left Yamata in a "huge, neat-looking ship" in hopes of helping Isaac somehow because of Himi's dreams, where she saw him in danger.
Whatever happened to Isaac, made him leave the cabin, be it problems with the Sanctum, Wise One, Alex or the Psynergy Vortex. I'm still curious about that device near the Vortex in Konpa Cave, could be related somehow... :confused:
That said, I would expect Matthew and friends to not stay put and try to find out what happened to him.
If the next story does begin with Takeru and Nowell, as the events of Dark Dawn unfold, I could see them meeting with Matthew's group later in the game, when both are searching for Isaac.
If we assume Ahri to make an appearance, this leaves us with a Mars and Mercury adept left. Maybe it will be Piers, he doesn't age at all anyways! :laugh: (that's why Nowell fell in love with him, he still looks as young as 30 years ago)
The only way I don't see Matthew playable is if the story is told from Isaac's perspective and in that case he would be playable from the start. I just don't think Camelot wants to use him again right now, but I would like to see him again, mind you!
Yes but they are fully leveled up characters per se. Unless they lose their abilities all of a sudden, I doubt they would be the initial characters. And then there is the issues of Djinn which was never explained. Did they release all of them? And where did 9 extra Djinn come from in DD? Now that the party has split again so what happened to them? Then also there is no password transfer system in DD so if they are playable in GS4 they will be with regular gear, basic stats and some pre-assigned Djinn which is obviously odd.

I don't think that Matthew and party will just rush off again after coming back. We have to see what happens after the ending since if that vortex is what is implied to be, they are not safe.

Also, Piers is not the one who didn't age. Since he has been technically removed from Lemuria (in TLA) he doesn't have access the spring waters of Lemuria BUT all of the initial 8 have hardly aged, not just him. Alex is the one who has aged the least and by that logic Isaac should have aged 2nd least. Not Piers.

On the topic of Ahri, if she makes an appearance she would easily be 30 years old. She was a toddler in the events of TLA so now she would all grown up, and also appear older than Isaac and crew since she wasn't on Mars lighthouse at the end of the game. Hence now that I think about it, she seems less likely for DD.

Camelot did sorta screw up with DD as it solved no questions from TLA, introduced questions of their own AND they did not plan out ahead as they did with the original 2 games (they probably created those hints for the future as possibilities they MIGHT use whenever they made a sequel) seeing from what they have stated so far. It was a good game but how they will continue it has to be seen.

Plus balancing and incorporating, light and dark psynergy into the current setup. We didn't see any of those 2, but seeing they have been revealed, how they will work together with the rest of the psynergy has to be seen. 6 elements will create a lot more combinations than we have now.

Considering all of what they have to do, I can see why they are apprehensive about continuing the series. Hopefully our fan support and Isaac in Smash can make Nintendo support Camelot more than it did initially to make an absolutely earth-shaking sequel.

Last edited:

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
Yes but they are fully leveled up characters per se. Unless they lose their abilities all of a sudden, I doubt they would be the initial characters. And then there is the issues of Djinn which was never explained. Did they release all of them? And where did 9 extra Djinn come from in DD? Now that the party has split again so what happened to them? Then also there is no password transfer system in DD so if they are playable in GS4 they will be with regular gear, basic stats and some pre-assigned Djinn which is obviously odd.

I don't think that Matthew and party will just rush off again after coming back. We have to see what happens after the ending since if that vortex is what is implied to be, they are not safe.

Also, Piers is not the one who didn't age. Since he has been technically removed from Lemuria (in TLA) he doesn't have access the spring waters of Lemuria BUT all of the initial 8 have hardly aged, not just him. Alex is the one who has aged the least and by that logic Isaac should have aged 2nd least. Not Piers.

On the topic of Ahri, if she makes an appearance she would easily be 30 years old. She was a toddler in the events of TLA so now she would all grown up, and also appear older than Isaac and crew since she wasn't on Mars lighthouse at the end of the game. Hence now that I think about it, she seems less likely for DD.

Camelot did sorta screw up with DD as it solved no questions from TLA, introduced questions of their own AND they did not plan out ahead as they did with the original 2 games (they probably created those hints for the future as possibilities they MIGHT use whenever they made a sequel) seeing from what they have stated so far. It was a good game but how they will continue it has to be seen.

Plus balancing and incorporating, light and dark psynergy into the current setup. We didn't see any of those 2, but seeing they have been revealed, how they will work together with the rest of the psynergy has to be seen. 6 elements will create a lot more combinations than we have now.

Considering all of what they have to do, I can see why they are apprehensive about continuing the series. Hopefully our fan support and Isaac in Smash can make Nintendo support Camelot more than it did initially to make an absolutely earth-shaking sequel.
Well, those are some of the problems that we will have to possibly overlook if we want old characters to be playable again.
The new game could always read a save file from Dark Dawn that is in your console, if it left one. Otherwise, they could even make a small eShop transfer app like Poké Transporter, that reads and stores info from your DS card and uploads it to GS4 when you start up the game, for example!

I would expect the new characters to meet up with Matthew's party right after the scene where they are staring at the vortex or very soon after that. That way we can still pick up from where we left in Dark Dawn whithout needing to sacrifice the new party's mission. I really don't know how Camelot plans to handle that, though...

Yeah, Piers got older, but some NPCs who saw him say he only got visibly older by about 10 years since the events 30 years ago! Considering he looked like a young adult then, he probably doesn't look older than Eoleo right now... besides, he never told us is real age!? :ohwell:

Being a toddler did not stop Eoleo from appearing in Dark Dawn, and he could already move around and use psynergy back then too!

Camelot probably has a general idea of what they want to do next since the start, but perfecting all those story details in order for them to work cohesively will always take time and hard work, just like they said when asked about the possibility of a GS4.

If they include Light and Dark psynergy in the next game, that means light and dark djinn, summons, related classes, etc.
That is going to be very hard to do! They already screwed up the balance with just 4 elements! :laugh:

Well, let's keep supporting this and asking them now and then, they will eventually do it... probably... someday... :sadeyes:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, those are some of the problems that we will have to possibly overlook if we want old characters to be playable again.
The new game could always read a save file from Dark Dawn that is in your console, if it left one. Otherwise, they could even make a small eShop transfer app like Poké Transporter, that reads and stores info from your DS card and uploads it to GS4 when you start up the game, for example!

I would expect the new characters to meet up with Matthew's party right after the scene where they are staring at the vortex or very soon after that. That way we can still pick up from where we left in Dark Dawn whithout needing to sacrifice the new party's mission. I really don't know how Camelot plans to handle that, though...

Yeah, Piers got older, but some NPCs who saw him say he only got visibly older by about 10 years since the events 30 years ago! Considering he looked like a young adult then, he probably doesn't look older than Eoleo right now... besides, he never told us is real age!? :ohwell:

Being a toddler did not stop Eoleo from appearing in Dark Dawn, and he could already move around and use psynergy back then too!

Camelot probably has a general idea of what they want to do next since the start, but perfecting all those story details in order for them to work cohesively will always take time and hard work, just like they said when asked about the possibility of a GS4.

If they include Light and Dark psynergy in the next game, that means light and dark djinn, summons, related classes, etc.
That is going to be very hard to do! They already screwed up the balance with just 4 elements! :laugh:

Well, let's keep supporting this and asking them now and then, they will eventually do it... probably... someday... :sadeyes:
That just sounds a bit too convenient. "Hey Matthew how's it going? Came back from your quest? Now let's go search for your dad. We came here just 5 minutes ago as you happened to be back. What a coincidence, lulz." - Takeru

Yea I forgot about Eoleo, I guess that makes sense. Although it also points to how the Dark Dawn did not need 8 characters (Himi and Eoleo are quite forgettable) or atleast the game should have been slightly longer to make them seem more necessary.

Light and Dark, if they get Djinns, upsets the balance by a lot. Currently we have 4 types and thus each character has 3 possible tri-elemental combinations (not 3 complete trees though, like how the Jupiter adepts can just get Ninja), 3 possible bi-elemental classes and one mono class. With 6 that number will become, 10 possible tri-elemental classes, 6 possible bi-elemental classes.

Edit: Although Eoleo is connected to an important character in the plot of TLA and hence was still recognizable. Ahri, we just get a glimpse of her. Heck some players might not even see her!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Personally, I was happy to see Eoleo because it was a callback to TLA, and also because Eoleo was so powerful. Unfortunately, because he appears right when you're about to activate the Eclipse Tower by mistake, he doesn't mean a whole lot. Well, more than Himi, since Eoleo's part of a really sad scene for anybody who was a fan of Briggs.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
That just sounds a bit too convenient. "Hey Matthew how's it going? Came back from your quest? Now let's go search for your dad. We came here just 5 minutes ago as you happened to be back. What a coincidence, lulz." - Takeru

Yea I forgot about Eoleo, I guess that makes sense. Although it also points to how the Dark Dawn did not need 8 characters (Himi and Eoleo are quite forgettable) or atleast the game should have been slightly longer to make them seem more necessary.

Light and Dark, if they get Djinns, upsets the balance by a lot. Currently we have 4 types and thus each character has 3 possible tri-elemental combinations (not 3 complete trees though, like how the Jupiter adepts can just get Ninja), 3 possible bi-elemental classes and one mono class. With 6 that number will become, 10 possible tri-elemental classes, 6 possible bi-elemental classes.

Edit: Although Eoleo is connected to an important character in the plot of TLA and hence was still recognizable. Ahri, we just get a glimpse of her. Heck some players might not even see her!
Too convenient you say? It's not like this has happened before, right?
"Oh noes, we are going to get cursed! Wait, where did these magical shields come from?" - Event at Kolima
"Wait Isaac, Alex is my cousin, and although I just met you, I must go with you so we can stop him!" - Mia
"Hey, you are from Lemuria and have a boat to boot, you HAVE to come with us, right guys!?" - Felix's party at Kibombo
etc, etc, etc, it's not too convenient, they just do what they want to do and that's it! :awesome:
They could figure some way to make it work...

Yeah, Ahri is pretty easy to miss! However, since we don't know anything about her besides her name and element, does that really matter? :ohwell:

@JDogindy Unfortunately, Eoleo is only there for the drama and for you to get a boat to travel in! :glare:

EDIT: Although this may be unrelated, since we all love RPGs here I thought I should share this sad piece of news - Imageepoch has declared bankruptcy. Bye bye Stella Glow, EU will never get to play you... :cry:

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Too convenient you say? It's not like this has happened before, right?
"Oh noes, we are going to get cursed! Wait, where did these magical shields come from?" - Event at Kolima
"Wait Isaac, Alex is my cousin, and although I just met you, I must go with you so we can stop him!" - Mia
"Hey, you are from Lemuria and have a boat to boot, you HAVE to come with us, right guys!?" - Felix's party at Kibombo
etc, etc, etc, it's not too convenient, they just do what they want to do and that's it! :awesome:
They could figure some way to make it work...
Well although the magical shields were sudden, they do explain some concepts. Like unleashes and how psynergy users manage to survive due to this inbuilt mechanism.

They did help her reach the top of the lighthouse. Only after she realized that Isaac and party had a similar goal as hers, i.e. prevention of lighting lighthouses she decided to join them. Plus Alex was involved so yeah.

They followed him all the way to Kibombo and helped him recover his orb. Plus his ship's cleanup.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
Well although the magical shields were sudden, they do explain some concepts. Like unleashes and how psynergy users manage to survive due to this inbuilt mechanism.

They did help her reach the top of the lighthouse. Only after she realized that Isaac and party had a similar goal as hers, i.e. prevention of lighting lighthouses she decided to join them. Plus Alex was involved so yeah.

They followed him all the way to Kibombo and helped him recover his orb. Plus his ship's cleanup.
Yes, I know what you are getting at, but my point is - they can find a natural way for both parties to meet at that point in the story if they need them too!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What's new?

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. ☆Jisatsu☆
  4. Accursed
  5. Adeptmune
  6. Agk0001
  7. AgatioGanon
  8. Aguki90
  9. aldelaro5
  10. Altais
  11. Amberloo
  12. andimidna
  13. Aqua Rock X
  14. AquaDork1
  15. Arteen
  16. Asian_Charizard
  17. Aureola
  18. Aurora Jenny
  19. Awesomedude444
  20. Backgammon
  21. BandannaWaddleDee
  22. Bane84
  23. bassem6
  24. Bassoonist
  25. Bingoshi
  26. Bkupa666
  27. Blaziken
  28. BoN~
  29. BridgesWithTurtles
  30. Browny
  31. Buddy002
  32. Bunny8093
  33. Calane
  34. CactusBlah
  35. Cap'nChreest
  36. Captain Toad
  37. CardStealer1
  38. Chapter Serf
  39. CheckmateChuck
  40. CheeseBroJoe
  41. Cheezey Bites
  42. ChronoPenguin
  43. CliffJumper
  44. cocy965
  45. Coaltergists
  46. Crap-Zapper
  47. cybersai
  48. Dalek_Kolt
  49. Desert Croc
  50. Destroyer713
  51. Dezeray112
  52. Dhragen
  53. Diddy Kong
  54. Dimensionsword64
  55. DivinexRose
  56. DJ3DS
  57. Doncalot
  58. DraginHikari
  59. Drakonis
  60. Dromader
  61. DukeNapoleon
  62. DustyPumpkin
  63. e105beta
  64. Eagle
  65. EddyBearr
  66. ED Cantu
  67. Edlocke
  68. egaddmario
  69. ElPanandero
  70. EndlessChrom
  71. ethanrodgers223
  72. Falgor
  73. Falkoopa
  74. False Sense
  75. Felix_the_Slayer
  76. fenyx4
  77. ferioku
  78. FirstBlade
  79. Flareon
  80. Flintike
  81. fogbadge.
  82. foolssigma
  83. FreddyOnDrugs
  84. Geno Boost
  85. GladiusVortex
  86. GM_3826
  87. Gotann
  88. GraveEclipse567
  89. heylodom
  90. hwrdjacob
  91. iam8bit
  92. iDazedX_x
  93. IntelliHeath1
  94. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  95. isaac3000
  96. IvanQuote
  97. JaidynReiman
  98. Jak_spoon
  99. JDogindy
  100. JohnnySparkxs
  101. jweb22
  102. KCCHIEFS27
  103. KeniththeGatherer
  104. Keybladeguy
  105. Kikaru
  106. Kind Dedede
  107. KingShadow
  108. KiraYoshikage
  109. KirbyDragon
  110. Kirbyfan391
  111. Kisae
  112. Kokirikory
  113. Koori
  114. Kumatora
  115. Kycse
  116. Lady Palutena
  117. LaniusShrike
  118. LasermasterA
  119. Leafeon523
  120. LeeYawshee
  121. legendofrob1
  122. lightdasher
  123. Lightosia
  124. Linq
  125. Lone (Thirteenth)
  126. Lucimar
  127. Ludjinnado
  128. lunarum
  129. Lurxy
  130. M23-X0
  131. MagiusNecros
  132. MAGMIS
  133. Malcolm Belmont
  134. MaskO'Gears
  135. Master Rapier
  136. MasterMushroom
  137. Mav485
  138. Mega Bidoof
  139. Mendelsin
  140. MetalMario128
  141. Minato Arisato
  142. Mikegamer0608
  143. Mishudo
  144. MonopolyRubix
  145. MorbidAltruism
  146. Moydow
  147. mynameisv
  148. N3ON
  149. Neo Zero
  150. Niala
  151. Nimbostratus
  152. Ninjakid41592
  153. Nintendokusou
  154. NitrusVirus
  155. NonSpecificGuy
  156. NoR4U
  157. Octillus
  158. Oddyesy
  159. Oniric Spriter
  160. Oracle_Summon
  161. Oz37
  162. Pacack
  163. Papagenos
  164. ParanoidDrone
  165. Pcubed007
  166. Phaazoid
  167. Plain Yogurt
  168. POKEMANSPIKA
  169. PSIguy89
  170. R.O.B.
  171. Radical Beam
  172. Radori
  173. Raetah
  174. Really Shy Guy
  175. RegiGygas117
  176. Retro gamer
  177. RhymeswithEmpty
  178. Roger Smith
  179. Ryan
  180. Ryuutakeshi
  181. Sabrewulf238
  182. Sagittarius
  183. sandfall
  184. SanicJan
  185. Scatmansworld25
  186. Scoliosis Jones
  187. Secret Sexytime
  188. Seleir
  189. SG9000
  190. sheik93
  191. Shinhed-echi
  192. Shog
  193. SirCamp
  194. skaaaa
  195. Skyblade12
  196. Skyfox2000
  197. Smash_Handle69
  198. SmashBro99
  199. smashkirby
  200. SmashShadow
  201. SmilingMad
  202. SMX
  203. Solfiner
  204. someonetookjacob
  205. SonicLink125
  206. SorrowOfAcheron
  207. SoulofKhaos
  208. Spatman
  209. Spazzy_D
  210. Spootondorf
  211. Sqid
  212. SSBFan
  213. Staarih
  214. StaffofSmashing
  215. Strider_Bond00J
  216. StrikeBlade
  217. SuperBrawler
  218. Supersmash777
  219. Superyoshiom
  220. Swampasaur
  221. TCT~Phantom
  222. TeenGirlSquad
  223. The Curious Volnutt
  224. The One Who Wrote This
  225. Thekewlusername
  226. T-Hell
  227. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  228. TheSpaceKing
  229. TheTactician
  230. thethirdkoopa
  231. TimeSmash
  232. TimeSmash
  233. ToothiestAura
  234. True Blue Warrior
  235. Turmalinium
  236. UltimateWario
  237. Ultinarok
  238. Vann Accessible
  239. Vegito2727
  240. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  241. Vintage Creep
  242. Violenceman
  243. walph
  244. Warheart_666
  245. Wigglytuff ★
  246. Wintropy
  247. WhiteEaglePL
  248. Xenigma
  249. Xiivi
  250. xLemmy_KoopaX
  251. XxLtxX
  252. YoshiandToad
  253. Young Horsetail
  254. Your Hero
  255. zagman505
  256. Zandro
  257. ZanZero
  258. ZarroTsu
  259. ZeldaMaster
  260. Zulyar

Burruni

Smash Hero
What's new?
People are going nuts trying to make guesses as to what Nintendo's news at E3 is going to be after their latest video hyping up the return of their Game Challenge thing made famous by The Wizard. This involved Reggie on a training montage including a lot of retro material ranging from Olympics NES, Super Scopes, and even the Virtual Boy while bringing up the somewhat eye-raising usage of Donkey Kong Country 1 which has raised hopes for K. Rool supporters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
People are going nuts trying to make guesses as to what Nintendo's news at E3 is going to be after their latest video hyping up the return of their Game Challenge thing made famous by The Wizard. This involved Reggie on a training montage including a lot of retro material ranging from Olympics NES, Super Scopes, and even the Virtual Boy while bringing up the somewhat eye-raising usage of Donkey Kong Country 1 which has raised hopes for K. Rool supporters.
The footage is very specific.

For one, its the only major classic Nintendo game shown. There's a very brief sports game and Wii Sports. DKC is extremely out of place by comparison, not to mention it specifically showcases the worst boss in the game at a specific point where he drops Kritters onto the field. I hate jumping to conclusions, but that footage was clearly aimed at Kremling fans, no doubt about it. They picked the perfect spot for that.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
What's new?

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. ☆Jisatsu☆
  4. Accursed
  5. Adeptmune
  6. Agk0001
  7. AgatioGanon
  8. Aguki90
  9. aldelaro5
  10. Altais
  11. Amberloo
  12. andimidna
  13. Aqua Rock X
  14. AquaDork1
  15. Arteen
  16. Asian_Charizard
  17. Aureola
  18. Aurora Jenny
  19. Awesomedude444
  20. Backgammon
  21. BandannaWaddleDee
  22. Bane84
  23. bassem6
  24. Bassoonist
  25. Bingoshi
  26. Bkupa666
  27. Blaziken
  28. BoN~
  29. BridgesWithTurtles
  30. Browny
  31. Buddy002
  32. Bunny8093
  33. Calane
  34. CactusBlah
  35. Cap'nChreest
  36. Captain Toad
  37. CardStealer1
  38. Chapter Serf
  39. CheckmateChuck
  40. CheeseBroJoe
  41. Cheezey Bites
  42. ChronoPenguin
  43. CliffJumper
  44. cocy965
  45. Coaltergists
  46. Crap-Zapper
  47. cybersai
  48. Dalek_Kolt
  49. Desert Croc
  50. Destroyer713
  51. Dezeray112
  52. Dhragen
  53. Diddy Kong
  54. Dimensionsword64
  55. DivinexRose
  56. DJ3DS
  57. Doncalot
  58. DraginHikari
  59. Drakonis
  60. Dromader
  61. DukeNapoleon
  62. DustyPumpkin
  63. e105beta
  64. Eagle
  65. EddyBearr
  66. ED Cantu
  67. Edlocke
  68. egaddmario
  69. ElPanandero
  70. EndlessChrom
  71. ethanrodgers223
  72. Falgor
  73. Falkoopa
  74. False Sense
  75. Felix_the_Slayer
  76. fenyx4
  77. ferioku
  78. FirstBlade
  79. Flareon
  80. Flintike
  81. fogbadge.
  82. foolssigma
  83. FreddyOnDrugs
  84. Geno Boost
  85. GladiusVortex
  86. GM_3826
  87. Gotann
  88. GraveEclipse567
  89. heylodom
  90. hwrdjacob
  91. iam8bit
  92. iDazedX_x
  93. IntelliHeath1
  94. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  95. isaac3000
  96. IvanQuote
  97. JaidynReiman
  98. Jak_spoon
  99. JDogindy
  100. JohnnySparkxs
  101. jweb22
  102. KCCHIEFS27
  103. KeniththeGatherer
  104. Keybladeguy
  105. Kikaru
  106. Kind Dedede
  107. KingShadow
  108. KiraYoshikage
  109. KirbyDragon
  110. Kirbyfan391
  111. Kisae
  112. Kokirikory
  113. Koori
  114. Kumatora
  115. Kycse
  116. Lady Palutena
  117. LaniusShrike
  118. LasermasterA
  119. Leafeon523
  120. LeeYawshee
  121. legendofrob1
  122. lightdasher
  123. Lightosia
  124. Linq
  125. Lone (Thirteenth)
  126. Lucimar
  127. Ludjinnado
  128. lunarum
  129. Lurxy
  130. M23-X0
  131. MagiusNecros
  132. MAGMIS
  133. Malcolm Belmont
  134. MaskO'Gears
  135. Master Rapier
  136. MasterMushroom
  137. Mav485
  138. Mega Bidoof
  139. Mendelsin
  140. MetalMario128
  141. Minato Arisato
  142. Mikegamer0608
  143. Mishudo
  144. MonopolyRubix
  145. MorbidAltruism
  146. Moydow
  147. mynameisv
  148. N3ON
  149. Neo Zero
  150. Niala
  151. Nimbostratus
  152. Ninjakid41592
  153. Nintendokusou
  154. NitrusVirus
  155. NonSpecificGuy
  156. NoR4U
  157. Octillus
  158. Oddyesy
  159. Oniric Spriter
  160. Oracle_Summon
  161. Oz37
  162. Pacack
  163. Papagenos
  164. ParanoidDrone
  165. Pcubed007
  166. Phaazoid
  167. Plain Yogurt
  168. POKEMANSPIKA
  169. PSIguy89
  170. R.O.B.
  171. Radical Beam
  172. Radori
  173. Raetah
  174. Really Shy Guy
  175. RegiGygas117
  176. Retro gamer
  177. RhymeswithEmpty
  178. Roger Smith
  179. Ryan
  180. Ryuutakeshi
  181. Sabrewulf238
  182. Sagittarius
  183. sandfall
  184. SanicJan
  185. Scatmansworld25
  186. Scoliosis Jones
  187. Secret Sexytime
  188. Seleir
  189. SG9000
  190. sheik93
  191. Shinhed-echi
  192. Shog
  193. SirCamp
  194. skaaaa
  195. Skyblade12
  196. Skyfox2000
  197. Smash_Handle69
  198. SmashBro99
  199. smashkirby
  200. SmashShadow
  201. SmilingMad
  202. SMX
  203. Solfiner
  204. someonetookjacob
  205. SonicLink125
  206. SorrowOfAcheron
  207. SoulofKhaos
  208. Spatman
  209. Spazzy_D
  210. Spootondorf
  211. Sqid
  212. SSBFan
  213. Staarih
  214. StaffofSmashing
  215. Strider_Bond00J
  216. StrikeBlade
  217. SuperBrawler
  218. Supersmash777
  219. Superyoshiom
  220. Swampasaur
  221. TCT~Phantom
  222. TeenGirlSquad
  223. The Curious Volnutt
  224. The One Who Wrote This
  225. Thekewlusername
  226. T-Hell
  227. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  228. TheSpaceKing
  229. TheTactician
  230. thethirdkoopa
  231. TimeSmash
  232. TimeSmash
  233. ToothiestAura
  234. True Blue Warrior
  235. Turmalinium
  236. UltimateWario
  237. Ultinarok
  238. Vann Accessible
  239. Vegito2727
  240. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  241. Vintage Creep
  242. Violenceman
  243. walph
  244. Warheart_666
  245. Wigglytuff ★
  246. Wintropy
  247. WhiteEaglePL
  248. Xenigma
  249. Xiivi
  250. xLemmy_KoopaX
  251. XxLtxX
  252. YoshiandToad
  253. Young Horsetail
  254. Your Hero
  255. zagman505
  256. Zandro
  257. ZanZero
  258. ZarroTsu
  259. ZeldaMaster
  260. Zulyar
Plus us discussing the future of Golden Sun from Dark Dawn onwards.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The footage is very specific.

For one, its the only major classic Nintendo game shown. There's a very brief sports game and Wii Sports. DKC is extremely out of place by comparison, not to mention it specifically showcases the worst boss in the game at a specific point where he drops Kritters onto the field. I hate jumping to conclusions, but that footage was clearly aimed at Kremling fans, no doubt about it. They picked the perfect spot for that.
It's the fact that it's the only Non-Athletic game seen. The closest thing to that in the entire trailer is Reggie making fun of how god awful the Virtual Boy was as a system. Everything else was either doing training with Nintendo Hardware in place of actual weights or playing some athletic-themed game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's the fact that it's the only Non-Athletic game seen. The closest thing to that in the entire trailer is Reggie making fun of how god awful the Virtual Boy was as a system. Everything else was either doing training with Nintendo Hardware in place of actual weights or playing some athletic-themed game.
There is that as well. Its so oddly out of place and makes no sense at all. Again, though, there is the fact too that for some reason they chose Dumb Drum, and specifically a scene where a Kritter pops out.

Everything about that scene is so out of place. Wii Sports and NES Olympics? Sure, they're sports related, but DKC is so incredibly random. Coupled with the recent launch of just about every DK game in NA, including DK64 being one of the first N64 titles, something previously thought impossible.

Top Bottom