• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No. I'm just saying that it's not a big enough franchise to warrant anything new. It's not retro, so there's no chance of a rival. It's not a mainstream franchise and it's got nothing planned to promote. Smash is a promotion for Nintendo's franchises. Duck Hunt being an exception.

AND I'VE PLAYED OTHER M. IT IS NOT BAD.

Jill, Ray MK III are in the same boat of Isaac: DEAD FRANCHISES.

Kid Icarus was a retro franchise. If Isaac was important enough to earn a spot, he would've gotten in by now, and he wouldn't have been scrapped as an assist if they had ANYTHING NEW TO PROMOTE FROM THAT FRANCHISE.

How many of you people knew who he was before Brawl? Be honest.

How about you stop acting like a tool and look at a few facts?

Go wait for Isaac in SSF2. Stop wasting your time on a lost cause here.

And yes, I've always been open to Isaac in Smash. I'm just not blinded by bias to say he's "practically confirmed" because his lack of data, like I've seen many arguments.
Honestly. No other character base has been so blind to facts since Ridley.
Here's the thing: NO ONE THINKS ISAAC IS A SHOE IN HERE! Why don't you just stop shoving your head up your arse? Next you'll tell me K.Rool can't win the ballot because he's irrelevant and no one likes him, next you'll tell me Nintendo's staying mobile, next you'll tell me Silent Hills will come back. I love how you fail to counter argument Star Fox aswell. Putting you on block because you're easily the most hostile person I've seen on this whole site. **** you and good day

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Here's the thing: NO ONE THINKS ISAAC IS A SHOE IN HERE! Why don't you just stop shoving your head up your arse? Next you'll tell me K.Rool can't win the ballot because he's irrelevant and no one likes him, next you'll tell me Nintendo's staying mobile, next you'll tell me Silent Hills will come back. I love how you fail to counter argument Star Fox aswell. Putting you on block because you're easily the most hostile person I've seen on this whole site. **** you and good day
Except that I've seen too many people (not just here) that think Isaac IS a shoe in.

No. I wouldn't be surprised if K. Rool did win. And I also won't be surprised when we never see K. Rool in a mainstream DK title again.

Silent Hills won't come back.

By the way, I came in to make a simple comment about Isaac's chances from my point of view. Ya'll attacked me. Not vice versa.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Except that I've seen too many people (not just here) that think Isaac IS a shoe in.
Like what, and who? I've not seen a single person who stated that Isaac is a shoe-in. I've seen a lot of people talking about Isaac and hopeful for Isaac, but no one stating he's a shoe-in, not just here but anywhere else, really.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Like what, and who? I've not seen a single person who stated that Isaac is a shoe-in. I've seen a lot of people talking about Isaac and hopeful for Isaac, but no one stating he's a shoe-in, not just here but anywhere else, really.
Mostly IRL people, but I've seen some people on the very obscure pages of the internet who act like that.

None of them had actually PLAYED Golden Sun, mind you....

Starless

Smash Cadet
/v/ obviously, they are actively hating on Isaac like this ponyface right here.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
/v/ obviously, they are actively hating on Isaac like this ponyface right here.
I didn't have any problem with what he was saying until he said Golden Sun is dead. Since, like, wouldn't that also mean Metroid and even Punch Out!! are dead?

ferioku

Smash Ace
Mostly IRL people, but I've seen some people on the very obscure pages of the internet who act like that.

None of them had actually PLAYED Golden Sun, mind you....
I most definitely played golden sun and i'm confident that i have since I was a child. I don't know who you are and why you think you have the need to raid this forum and insult Isaac's chances, because no one bloody knows if he is going to get another game or not, his last game was 2010, so what's your issue?

Nintendo is full of surprises, and the fact that Dark Dawn was left in a cliff hanger makes matters worse. There have been several games that have had a break and returned due to demand, and i'm sure Nintendo haven't forgotten the franchise!

Another thing I need to say is that no one here said that Isaac is a shoe in, you're the one implying that we said that. He is a highly requested character yes, but he is obviously not a shoe in, no one is...
No one needs this crap, your comments were pointless and definitely aren't true. Golden Sun is NOT a dead franchise, take a look at Punch out, the last game released in 2009 and little mac made it into smash.

Lastly, him not being a trophy doesn't prove jack, because he still has representation in the game, meaning that they haven't forgotten about him at all.

Sheesh!

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
No. I'm just saying that it's not a big enough franchise to warrant anything new. It's not retro, so there's no chance of a rival. It's not a mainstream franchise and it's got nothing planned to promote. Smash is a promotion for Nintendo's franchises. Duck Hunt being an exception.

AND I'VE PLAYED OTHER M. IT IS NOT BAD.

Jill, Ray MK III are in the same boat of Isaac: DEAD FRANCHISES.

Kid Icarus was a retro franchise. If Isaac was important enough to earn a spot, he would've gotten in by now, and he wouldn't have been scrapped as an assist if they had ANYTHING NEW TO PROMOTE FROM THAT FRANCHISE.

How many of you people knew who he was before Brawl? Be honest.

How about you stop acting like a tool and look at a few facts?

Go wait for Isaac in SSF2. Stop wasting your time on a lost cause here.

And yes, I've always been open to Isaac in Smash. I'm just not blinded by bias to say he's "practically confirmed" because his lack of data, like I've seen many arguments.
Honestly. No other character base has been so blind to facts since Ridley.
What is it you people who use these counter-arguments that assume I haven't done my fair share of research? By the way, I'm not blindly waiting around for Isaac to magically appear in Smash 4. I have a life outside of Smash and even if he doesn't make it in, I'm not going to throw a hissy fit and go around complaining about it because 1. I am not a child and 2. I would accomplish nothing other than receiving a bad reputation. Isaac still has chances outside of DLC, whether you know it or not.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Wonderful 101 isn't a series though. It's a standalone ga,e.
F-Zero s dead. NO NEW GAME IN OVER 10 YEARS. Every last F-Zero piece of life is in other games as cameos or bonus content. NON-CANON content, I might add.

I like how everyone says Other M was bad when half of them haven't even played it.

Golden Sun won't get anything new. Ever. Camelot basically is just doing Mario spinoffs now.

Let it go. Isaac is done. Until Golden sun sees new light (It won't) his last chance is DLC. So drum up your support for the character who Sakurai removed from the game in ALL FORMS. Hell, even Barbara got a trophy. Isaac? NOTHING.
Wow, that is a hell lot of pessimism right there. You all right man?

To be honest, Golden Sun in a way is in a better position than it was before Dark Dawn. We had to wait 7 years before Dark Dawn came out, and the ending of the Lost Age was much more conclusive than Dark Dawn. Even TLA was unable to top the sales that the original Golden Sun got AND it also performed less than the original in the market.

The franchise wasn't dead then so I don't see why it would be considered dead now. Nintendo is known to pull out dormant franchises and make a game. Kid Icarus and now Star Fox, say hi. The creator of Golden Sun has expressed interest in a sequel to DD. It would have already been released/announced if DD had better sales but since it undersold (still more than FE used to sell before Awakening), I can understand their apprehension. They have to be careful for the franchise her on.

A franchise is dead when it said to be dead. Mother is a dead franchise. We do understand that Camelot is nowhere near its glory days of GBA where it pumped out great games. Golden Sun: TBS and TLA, Mario Golf and Mario Tennis: Power Tour each with full fletched story modes (RPG style), and many more. I can see how the current Camelot might have a hard time making a new GS as they have also lost some staff over the years.

BUT Nintendo is less averse to trying something different these days. In the older Nintendo, so much attention wouldn't have been given to Xenoblade X or Splatoon (although they still undersell games like W101 and Codename S.T.E.A.M). They have also helped Monolith Soft in some components of X. If GS picks Nintendo's attention (again, it was already a big reveal in E3 2009, hence noticed by Nintendo) it is very likely they could help Camelot make a new GS game. 3rd party exclusives like Bayonetta 2, and Devil's Third show that Nintendo is now more willing to help out, and GS is a Nintendo franchise.

And regarding the absolutely lack of Golden Sun, it is not that bad. Golden Sun still maintains a presence through 2 soundtracks. Sure Isaac's assist trophy might be gone and he didn't get a regular trophy, BUT the lack of AT is a godsend for us Isaac supporters. The ones who are already ATs virtually have no chance (or an extremely low chance) of getting in Smash 4 DLC ballot or not. Isaac on the other hand does have a good hand.

He has been topping recent community polls or coming in the top 2-3 if you count out Wolf. He was even 2nd in the recent Reddit Poll (after Banjo who sadly has an extremely low chance - next to nil). Isaac's popularity can be seen. Even if he doesn't make in Smash 4 DLC (although his chances are much brighter now - may the Golden Sun shine upon them) Nintendo will know the demand for him.

I think Golden Sun 4's chances are not zero as you might believe, Isaac gets in Smash DLC or not. Although we might have to wait for a bit longer. I don't think he is a shoe-in but you are definitely underselling his chances or the chance of him getting another game. Dark Dawn was successful, believe it or not, just not upto its Golden expectations. It might have screwed up the story a bit, introduced over-complicated things and turned off some GS fans but it hasn't killed the franchise.

The Sun will rise again! After all, the eclipse is over :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Golden Sun 4's chances are not zero as you might believe, Isaac gets in Smash DLC or not. Although we might have to wait for a bit longer. I don't think he is a shoe-in but you are definitely underselling his chances or the chance of him getting another game. Dark Dawn was successful, believe it or not, just not upto its Golden expectations. It might have screwed up the story a bit, introduced over-complicated things and turned off some GS fans but it hasn't killed the franchise.

The other issue is looking at Camelot's current situation. They just finished a game last year, and no development teams stop developing games. Once a game is finished they work on something else. Camelot has stated they are too small to do HD games already, that we know. We also know that for the past 10 years, they've done Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, and Golden Sun. With ONE non-Mario Golf game mixed in during that time.

The prospects are extremely good for them working on a new Golden Sun game right now. The only other plausible title they could work on is a DK64 sequel, something they mentioned a while back. Frankly that's iffy, they haven't brought it up again since.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I most definitely played golden sun and i'm confident that i have since I was a child. I don't know who you are and why you think you have the need to raid this forum and insult Isaac's chances, because no one bloody knows if he is going to get another game or not, his last game was 2010, so what's your issue?

Nintendo is full of surprises, and the fact that Dark Dawn was left in a cliff hanger makes matters worse. There have been several games that have had a break and returned due to demand, and i'm sure Nintendo haven't forgotten the franchise!

Another thing I need to say is that no one here said that Isaac is a shoe in, you're the one implying that we said that. He is a highly requested character yes, but he is obviously not a shoe in, no one is...
No one needs this crap, your comments were pointless and definitely aren't true. Golden Sun is NOT a dead franchise, take a look at Punch out, the last game released in 2009 and little mac made it into smash.

Lastly, him not being a trophy doesn't prove jack, because he still has representation in the game, meaning that they haven't forgotten about him at all.

Sheesh!
Y'know another franchise that was left on a Cliffhangar?

Eternal Darkness.

Oh really? What representation would that be? He's got a song from his series.
You know what else has a song from their series? Chosoju Mecha MG

HM Mech Rosa for Smash guys

All I did was come in, make my comment, and leave. You brought the argument upon yourself by attacking me.

Wow, that is a hell lot of pessimism right there. You all right man?

To be honest, Golden Sun in a way is in a better position than it was before Dark Dawn. We had to wait 7 years before Dark Dawn came out, and the ending of the Lost Age was much more conclusive than Dark Dawn. Even TLA was unable to top the sales that the original Golden Sun got AND it also performed less than the original in the market.

The franchise wasn't dead then so I don't see why it would be considered dead now. Nintendo is known to pull out dormant franchises and make a game. Kid Icarus and now Star Fox, say hi. The creator of Golden Sun has expressed interest in a sequel to DD. It would have already been released/announced if DD had better sales but since it undersold (still more than FE used to sell before Awakening), I can understand their apprehension. They have to be careful for the franchise her on.

A franchise is dead when it said to be dead. Mother is a dead franchise. We do understand that Camelot is nowhere near its glory days of GBA where it pumped out great games. Golden Sun: TBS and TLA, Mario Golf and Mario Tennis: Power Tour each with full fletched story modes (RPG style), and many more. I can see how the current Camelot might have a hard time making a new GS as they have also lost some staff over the years.

BUT Nintendo is less averse to trying something different these days. In the older Nintendo, so much attention wouldn't have been given to Xenoblade X or Splatoon (although they still undersell games like W101 and Codename S.T.E.A.M). They have also helped Monolith Soft in some components of X. If GS picks Nintendo's attention (again, it was already a big reveal in E3 2009, hence noticed by Nintendo) it is very likely they could help Camelot make a new GS game. 3rd party exclusives like Bayonetta 2, and Devil's Third show that Nintendo is now more willing to help out, and GS is a Nintendo franchise.

And regarding the absolutely lack of Golden Sun, it is not that bad. Golden Sun still maintains a presence through 2 soundtracks. Sure Isaac's assist trophy might be gone and he didn't get a regular trophy, BUT the lack of AT is a godsend for us Isaac supporters. The ones who are already ATs virtually have no chance (or an extremely low chance) of getting in Smash 4 DLC ballot or not. Isaac on the other hand does have a good hand.

He has been topping recent community polls or coming in the top 2-3 if you count out Wolf. He was even 2nd in the recent Reddit Poll (after Banjo who sadly has an extremely low chance - next to nil). Isaac's popularity can be seen. Even if he doesn't make in Smash 4 DLC (although his chances are much brighter now - may the Golden Sun shine upon them) Nintendo will know the demand for him.

Edit: Now THIS is a good counter-argument. While I still disagree on some points, you have proven me wrong on others. Well played.

However, I'm just sceptical of anything. Until we see a new Golden Sun or some sort of Golden Sun-related info, I won't hold my breath.

And yes, I've supported Isaac since before Brawl. Golden Sun is a great RPG. However, it's still a fairly obscure one. Not really recognizable among the bigger franchises.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Y'know another franchise that was left on a Cliffhangar?

Eternal Darkness.

Oh really? What representation would that be? He's got a song from his series.
You know what else has a song from their series? Chosoju Mecha MG

HM Mech Rosa for Smash guys

All I did was come in, make my comment, and leave. You brought the argument upon yourself by attacking me.

Edit: Now THIS is a good counter-argument. While I still disagree on some points, you have proven me wrong on others. Well played.

However, I'm just sceptical of anything. Until we see a new Golden Sun or some sort of Golden Sun-related info, I won't hold my breath.

And yes, I've supported Isaac since before Brawl. Golden Sun is a great RPG. However, it's still a fairly obscure one. Not really recognizable among the bigger franchises.
The point is there is no need to make any rude remarks towards the franchise. Golden Sun isn't dead, it's not dead till Nintendo says so. Did you see Nintendo or Camelot saying they will never produce another Golden Sun game? No, because they know about the fanbase! There are other franchises that Nintendo ALMOST gave up on, like FE. If FE Awakening wasn't so great, they would have just stopped producing Fire Emblem Games.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The point is there is no need to make any rude remarks towards the franchise. Golden Sun isn't dead, it's not dead till Nintendo says so. Did you see Nintendo or Camelot saying they will never produce another Golden Sun game? No, because they know about the fanbase! There are other franchises that Nintendo ALMOST gave up on, like FE. If FE Awakening wasn't so great, they would have just stopped producing Fire Emblem Games.
Honestly, I still don't think Awakening was that great.
Still, you can't deny that in a smaller franchise with a visibly smaller fanbase, Nintendo, as a business, will focus their cash flow on big name series and the occassional risky new IP (Splatoon) is a nail in the series' coffin.

Furthermore, FE also had many more releases than Golden Sun has.
A new release in a smaller, less important, somewhat obscure IP is gonna be pretty low on Nintendo's To-Do List.

Ludjinnado

Smash Cadet
Good afternoon, @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming (I don't know the timezone for 'Ponyville', so I'll just go off GMT). I just would like to ask something of you. If you didn't want to argue in the first place, why are you continuing to argue? Evidently, your opinion Golden Sun and its future differs greatly from most people here, and that is not wrong in any way. I believe people were antagonised by your harsh language in describing the series as dead, although I obviously can't speak for anyone but myself.

If you truly think this, why don't you try to discuss something that you like about the game instead? I'm not trying to impeded your liberty of expression, but it's obvious that your opinion is controversial amongst the people of this thread.

I'm not trying to draw further ire in saying this, but if we truly enjoy the games that we are discussing, we should be able to talk about them in all aspects without it escalating to an argument. Even when we disagree, we should discuss our differences in opinion in a civilised manner.
At the end of the day, we're all here because we love games. I honestly don't believe this argument has contributed anything at all to this thread, and I'm tempted to leave permanently just because of it.

Sorry if anything I said is wrong, misrepresentative or inappropriate in any way.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Good afternoon, @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming (I don't know the timezone for 'Ponyville', so I'll just go off GMT). I just would like to ask something of you. If you didn't want to argue in the first place, why are you continuing to argue? Evidently, your opinion Golden Sun and its future differs greatly from most people here, and that is not wrong in any way. I believe people were antagonised by your harsh language in describing the series as dead, although I obviously can't speak for anyone but myself.

If you truly think this, why don't you try to discuss something that you like about the game instead? I'm not trying to impeded your liberty of expression, but it's obvious that your opinion is controversial amongst the people of this thread.

I'm not trying to draw further ire in saying this, but if we truly enjoy the games that we are discussing, we should be able to talk about them in all aspects without it escalating to an argument. Even when we disagree, we should discuss our differences in opinion in a civilised manner.
At the end of the day, we're all here because we love games. I honestly don't believe this argument has contributed anything at all to this thread, and I'm tempted to leave permanently just because of it.

Sorry if anything I said is wrong, misrepresentative or inappropriate in any way.
Principally, I am testing the waters about the facts I plan to present in my new episode of my Smash Analysis on Youtube. My next episode is DLC I would like to see, and I plan to discuss Isaac on it. These are points I am going to make about why I see him as not likely.

Ludjinnado

Smash Cadet
Principally, I am testing the waters about the facts I plan to present in my new episode of my Smash Analysis on Youtube. My next episode is DLC I would like to see, and I plan to discuss Isaac on it. These are points I am going to make about why I see him as not likely.
And you felt it necessary to purposefully antagonise those here to see the counter arguments that may have combatted your opinions?

If that is so, fair enough, I cannot influence your actions in any meaningful way. If your intention was to garner a reaction, you succeeded, but I think there could have been less argumentative ways to ask our views.

If that was not your intention, I apologise for my misjudgement of the situation.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
And you felt it necessary to purposefully antagonise those here to see the counter arguments that may have combatted your opinions?

If that is so, fair enough, I cannot influence your actions in any meaningful way. If your intention was to garner a reaction, you succeeded, but I think there could have been less argumentative ways to ask our views.

If that was not your intention, I apologise for my misjudgement of the situation.
No, my intention was to place a comment here, see reactions, and not respond. But when I get angrily-negative results, I find it necessary to defend myself and my views.

Ludjinnado

Smash Cadet
No, my intention was to place a comment here, see reactions, and not respond. But when I get angrily-negative results, I find it necessary to defend myself and my views.
Very well.

In order to divert from this foul discussion, in what pose does everyone/anyone reckon Isaac will be in the Smashified/Official art. Do you think that they'll stick with Isaac's Assist Trophy pose? Otherwise, I guess he could have his sword raised, as if using Psynergy in battle, or maybe just in a generic cool pose, like Robin.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just about anything will get a few negative reactions, you know...

In order to divert from this foul discussion, in what pose does everyone/anyone reckon Isaac's Smashified/Official art will be in. Do you think that they'll stick with the Brawl artwork's pose for the assist trophy? Otherwise, I guess he could have his sword raised, as if using Psynergy in battle, or maybe just in a generic cool pose, like Robin.
I'm pretty sure it will be different from the poses we have seen so far. Just look at K. Rool's pose, for instance. It portrays him quite well.

:231:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Honestly, I still don't think Awakening was that great.
Still, you can't deny that in a smaller franchise with a visibly smaller fanbase, Nintendo, as a business, will focus their cash flow on big name series and the occassional risky new IP (Splatoon) is a nail in the series' coffin.

Furthermore, FE also had many more releases than Golden Sun has.
A new release in a smaller, less important, somewhat obscure IP is gonna be pretty low on Nintendo's To-Do List.
Can you share this "To-Do List" that you seem to have exclusive access to? You're acting as though your opinions are undisputed fact, while complaining about Isaac fans doing the same thing by treating him like a shoo-in. I think this is where a lot of the negativity towards your responses is coming from. You're not saying "I don't think Golden Sun is going to get a new entry". You're saying "Golden Sun is a dead series". Present your opinions as opinions, not facts, and people will be more welcoming to them.

Nintendo has no problem with bringing back past obscure series. Lately, they've been branching out from the usual "don't risk anything" nature of the industry more and more.

What's more, Nintendo has been making bank on JRPGs since Operation Rainfall. Including a ton on handhelds. You may not have liked Awakening, but it sold incredibly well. So did Shin Megami Tensei IV, due to heavy cross promotion by Nintendo. Or how about Bravely Default? A game that was designed for only the Japanese market, and Square was never going to release over here. And who took the risk in funding the translation? Nintendo. And the game took off well enough that Square rethought its business strategy overall.

As the market grows, niche markets get bigger. And lower cost games, by smaller groups like Camelot, are less risky for a larger payoff due to the lower development cost as compared to the blockbusters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I have a lot of questions about possibilities for various franchises. F-Zero? Probably not happening for a while. Metroid? At best I can see one being in early development. Panel de Pon? Decently long-running IP and last game was 2009, plus this year is the Panel de Pon 20th, so that gives me a decent amount of hope, but that's iffy as well due to everything IS is currently working on.

Golden Sun? The stars align so perfectly its not even funny. Camelot just finished last game? Check. Can't work on anything else right now? They've already done Mario Tennis and Golf, and they can't do HD games. Check. New IP? They haven't done a new IP since Golden Sun, and its the only one they've done. Camelot's 20th anniversary this year (25th if their time at SEGA is counted)? Check. Golden Sun's 15th anniversary next year? Check.

They can upgrade the Dark Dawn engine to work on 3DS, touch up the graphics a bit, then they've got the engine quite easily handled. Its far easier for them to do Golden Sun than it is for them to do anything new. And there's fan demand.

There's a lot of things out of Nintendo I'm unsure of. But frankly, Golden Sun is in the perfect position right now.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
This thread got really hostile all of a sudden...
I don't think I like it. The hostility, that is.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm surprised I didn't get an infraction for my post honestly...Punch Out had 2 games in the 80's iirc, one in the 90's that didn't have Little Mac and one in 2007. Hang on, 2007? That's before 2010, the year Dark Dawn was released. If GS is dead because it's last game was 2010, how come Little Mac got in? Same with Star Fox which hasn't had a game in 10 years iirc

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
And all of a sudden, this thread got really hostile. Also, @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming I would like to see your video about DLC.

I'm surprised I didn't get an infraction for my post honestly...Punch Out had 2 games in the 80's iirc, one in the 90's that didn't have Little Mac and one in 2007. Hang on, 2007? That's before 2010, the year Dark Dawn was released. If GS is dead because it's last game was 2010, how come Little Mac got in? Same with Star Fox which hasn't had a game in 10 years iirc
That's because you're epic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Again, I recommend ignoring the person with flawed logic. Star Fox, Metroid, Punch Out and Kid Icarus go more than 5 years without a game: Not dead
Golden Sun didn't have a game in 5 years which is a shorter amount? Dead.
What if GS was not kill?
EDIT: Didn't that arse say he wanted Isaac in last page? Then why only come here to say that we have to give up? Lel

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
EDIT: Didn't that arse say he wanted Isaac in last page? Then why only come here to say that we have to give up? Lel
Stop bringing him up or quoting him. Or the arguments are only going to get worse when he checks back.

And I'll infract both if the situation escalates.

:231:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
He's not a GS fan. He just came in here to rant.

Personally I think even F-Zero will get another game eventually. Certainly not any time soon, though.
F Zero will get another game, MIyamoto said so... wait he said what? Ok thanks. Miyamoto said we'll get another F Zero once there is the right controller. What is this guy thinking.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I'd like to say something about all this... controversy(?) of the last pages:

I do think @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming is a troll, possibly trying to get bad reactions from us to make us look somehow crazy, to diminish Isaac's chances. Yes, maybe I'm paranoid, but who knows? Anyway, we should just ignore him at this point.
We gave perfectly fine points to explain why Golden Sun isn't dead, and he pretty much just refuses them.
There's no point in keeping this up.

I also have a question: What exactly do you all mean when you use "shoe-in", talking about Isaac? I'm not sure that I get this one right.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'd like to say something about all this... controversy(?) of the last pages:

I do think @ Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming is a troll, possibly trying to get bad reactions from us to make us look somehow crazy, to diminish Isaac's chances. Yes, maybe I'm paranoid, but who knows? Anyway, we should just ignore him at this point.
We gave perfectly fine points to explain why Golden Sun isn't dead, and he pretty much just refuses them.
There's no point in keeping this up.

I also have a question: What exactly do you all mean when you use "shoe-in", talking about Isaac? I'm not sure that I get this one right.
Shoe-in refers to when it's 100% guaranteed. People figured Palutena was a shoe-in and knew she'd be playable, turned out to be true

Burruni

Smash Hero
Shoe-in refers to when it's 100% guaranteed. People figured Palutena was a shoe-in and knew she'd be playable, turned out to be true
And many believed to be the case for Chrom, due to the :4marth::4myfriends: tradition placed in, Gematsu looking stronger than ever after E3 confirming everyone but :4shulk:, Chrom, and Chorus Men between the two main lists, and the arguments that :4lucina: would just be a Marth clone and :4robinm:didn't really have a defined look, being the custom protagonist avatar, to run off of for Smash.

Even when wrong, people often have good reasons for their beliefs in "Shoe-ins."

However I don't think I've seen anyone call Isaac such on this thread. The general consensus across the board has been that King K. Rool and Isaac are likely in the top 3 of newcomers to come out of the ballot who don't have Predefined roles (Ridley and Chrom being the big two of this condition).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
However I don't think I've seen anyone call Isaac such on this thread. The general consensus across the board has been that King K. Rool and Isaac are likely in the top 3 of newcomers to come out of the ballot who don't have Predefined roles (Ridley and Chrom being the big two of this condition).
Thing is, I did BEFORE release. The only character I consider a shoe-in now is Wolf (discarding characters practically confirmed already; Ryu and Roy).

Burruni

Smash Hero
Thing is, I did BEFORE release. The only character I consider a shoe-in now is Wolf (discarding characters practically confirmed already; Ryu and Roy).
With :4robinm: showing that Sakurai had interest in "Magiknights" and :4shulk: adding to the :4ness: point of small but popular JRPGs being able to throw their weight around into a representative, I could see why you would.

I never really saw it and didn't really have the drive because my GS history was getting like 40% of the way through the game on a week I traded it for Minish Cap with a friend.

I have to admit he's one who seems incredibly likely through the Ballot. Depending on our size of newcomers from it, I think it isn't a stretch to say we could see King K. Rool, Isaac, Inklings, Bandana Dee, and then someone a little more out-there as a last "Sakurai coice," to follow Roy, Ryu, and Wolf.

Top Bottom