• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
In terms of pure skill at using a sword (a normal one), I think Link has a good lead. Though, if they can go all out with magic and equipments, Link has just no chance to win at all.

Now there's something new I must bring on the table:
This Roy/Ryu thing some guy said he found in the new patch... What do you think about it?
If it's true, I don't like it at all.
Ryu hasn't been on a Nintendo platform since the GBA. His last Nintendo console appearance was on the SNES.

He's currently one of the signature characters on a fighting game (ie: competitor to Smash) that has been releasing on every platform EXCEPT Nintendo platforms for over a decade.

There's no way to translate him well, since the mechanics of Smash are so different, so few Ryu fans would actually like his Smash incarnation (not to mention, most of them have systems that actually have Street Fighter games on them).

Similar to Banjo, he'd be DIRECTLY advertising the competition.

There has been no confirmation of those files from any other dataminer.

All these make me think that it is nothing but a hoax. Like leaks, datamining can be faked.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
In terms of pure skill at using a sword (a normal one), I think Link has a good lead. Though, if they can go all out with magic and equipments, Link has just no chance to win at all.
Link might have more skill with a sword BUT whether he can win in a pure sword fight with Isaac depends on how much Djinn have an impact on Isaac's natural skills i.e. strength, speed, endurance, etc. Although I agree, Isaac vs. Link is just a bad matchup for the latter.

Now there's something new I must bring on the table:
This Roy/Ryu thing some guy said he found in the new patch... What do you think about it?
If it's true, I don't like it at all.
I don't mind Roy much.

Ryu, definitely. Ryu Hayabusa would be less of problem to me BUT neither deserve a spot in DLC before Nintendo's cast waiting for a chance to get in Smash. Plus with Street Fighter V exclusive on PS4, adding Ryu (non-Hayabusa) would be akin to advertising a Sony IP. I agree with @ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 .

ferioku

Smash Ace
If we're talking about Smash 4 Link and normal Isaac with all his best djini, swords, armor and psynergy than it hardly seems like a fair fight. However if you give Link all of his equipment as well then you really do have an interesting fight. You have someone who can control Earth and anything to do with it while you got someone who can literally slow down time and go back too. All i'm saying is that when you have the power to control time, then there's not a lot of things that can stop you. Not to mention he has has powerful spells of his own in the form of medallions and other such items. Power armor. I'm sorry but I truly believe Link take the slight advantage in this.

The one indisputable fact however is that Isaac hasn't done anything on his own. He's always been in a party of 2-8. Whereas Link traverses entires land masses and oceans on his own and has the strength to keep going. Even without sleeping! (I'm looking at you inns in Golden Sun)

Link wins but if Isaac had a full party of adepts with him then Link will most likely meet with a terrible fate.
Isaac could easily just summon Isis and it will be game over. There is no where in hell link could withstand the sun... =/

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Even without sleeping! (I'm looking at you inns in Golden Sun)
Well, Isaac can eat herbs all day, and then he can go on without sleeping too. :p

(He's essentially telling you to eat your veggies. :troll:)

:231:

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Ryu hasn't been on a Nintendo platform since the GBA. His last Nintendo console appearance was on the SNES.
Ryu appeared on the 3DS version of Street Fighter 4.

I should remember, it was the game I picked up at launch because the launch selection was so poor.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ryu appeared on the 3DS version of Street Fighter 4.

I should remember, it was the game I picked up at launch because the launch selection was so poor.
Wow. I got a 3DS at launch and didn't even remember that game existed.

Still, the points are overall valid.

I don't think he's getting in.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Add to the evidence against: None of the songs from Street Fighter II have been changed. The files are music directly from an SNES game.

I mean, I suppose that makes sense. Nintendo wouldn't have the rights to any more up-to-date music, and wouldn't want to spend too long orchestrating new music or a remake for a DLC fighter, I guess. But it's still really fishy.

"Hey guys, these files totally came from the new patch!"
*Links to renamed files twenty years old*

Why would that data have wound up there anyway?

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I sincerely hope this is bull****:
http://smashboards.com/threads/rumor-roy-and-ryu-sound-files-found.399114/

We can pretty much kiss Isaac good bye otherwise...

What the **** has Ryu done to deserve a place in Smash Brothers and why the **** do we need another FE Swordsman?
If the only DLC characters turn out to be Roy and Ryu, all hell's going to break lose.

I doubt it though. Hopefully this just turns out to be false, and Nintendo is not trolling us.

Let's just wait for Isaac to turn up along with other DLC characters to prove this false and the fears unfounded.

Edit:

Good news! Two friends who never heard of GS heard Isaac's theme and thought it was badass
Great! Did you get them to vote?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If the only DLC characters turn out to be Roy and Ryu, all hell's going to break lose.

I doubt it though. Hopefully this just turns out to be false, and Nintendo is not trolling us.

Let's just wait for Isaac to turn up along with other DLC characters to prove this false and the fears unfounded.

Edit:

Great! Did you get them to vote?
They all prefer other characters unfortunately

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Nintendo forgot April's Fool was 2 weeks ago, so just carry on and vote for Isaac.

Inb4 Isaac reveal trailer has Isaac sending Ryu away from the Sm4sh universe.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

If the leak is true, then Roy and Ryu were decided upon before the ballot even began. I wouldn't worry.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If the leak is true, then Roy and Ryu were decided upon before the ballot even began. I wouldn't worry.

I still wouldn't want Ryu in the game though. Roy is still fine even though he would be pushing it, being a 2nd Marth clone. Unless he gets relatively revamped.

I was talking more about the next to impossible case if Nintendo goes:

Roy was in the top 10 request for Smash via voting, hence he is our DLC character. Have Ryu as a bonus. #EndDLC

Not worrying though. With all the phenomenal support Isaac, and by extension Golden Sun has been getting, Nintendo has to be absolutely blind if they ignore our Golden Boy. I think his chances have become pretty good. Much better than they ever have been since the days of Brawl.

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Yes, you'll need 18 Venus Djinn on standby to summon him. Once you summon Isaac, he will summon 10 Judgements and Meggidos and Odysseys at the same time. I did it once on TLA, my GBA exploded.
Well I think we know what his Final Smash will be

Calane

Smash Ace
If that rumor is true, I must admit, I'll be rather salty. For Ryu to be chosen over a more deserving 3rd party character like Bomberman? No, that...that just doesn't sit well with me. As for Roy? I wouldn't mind, but I hope they at least changed his moves a bit to make him different from Marth. I hope this doesn't hurt Isaac's chances too much. He's really the only character I want that I feel actually has a chance.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If that rumor is true, I must admit, I'll be rather salty. For Ryu to be chosen over a more deserving 3rd party character like Bomberman? No, that...that just doesn't sit well with me. As for Roy? I wouldn't mind, but I hope they at least changed his moves a bit to make him different from Marth. I hope this doesn't hurt Isaac's chances too much. He's really the only character I want that I feel actually has a chance.
I really don't want Ryu in the game. He doesn't fit AT ALL, in my opinion. He's not associated with Nintendo, and hasn't been for years.

Honestly, I find it really, REALLY doubtful that Nintendo already had multiple characters (and Wolf wasn't among them) far enough along in development to have extra sound data for them. I find it really, REALLY doubtful that someone would slip up and include those extra files in the patch. I find it really, REALLY doubtful that the first DLC character to come with extra music is going to be from a third party developer. I find it really, REALLY doubtful that said music would be imported straight from an SNES game.

I find it COMPLETELY UNBELIEVEABLE that the dataminer didn't know who Ryu was and had to be told.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

This is what I'm leaning towards too.

Although the cynical side of me wonders if they were planning on pretending Roy and Ryu were the top ballot picks. I'm not sure the Smash community would have bought that though.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I really don't want Ryu in the game. He doesn't fit AT ALL, in my opinion. He's not associated with Nintendo, and hasn't been for years.

Honestly, I find it really, REALLY doubtful that Nintendo already had multiple characters (and Wolf wasn't among them) far enough along in development to have extra sound data for them. I find it really, REALLY doubtful that someone would slip up and include those extra files in the patch. I find it really, REALLY doubtful that the first DLC character to come with extra music is going to be from a third party developer. I find it really, REALLY doubtful that said music would be imported straight from an SNES game.

I find it COMPLETELY UNBELIEVEABLE that the dataminer didn't know who Ryu was and had to be told.
Although I wouldn't mind Ryu IF and only IF, Nintendo buys Capcom. Extremely unlikely though. Even then there can be other varying characters.

I really really doubt that though considering Nintendo isn't really that forthright in buying dying studios. Plus Capcom has started to recover.

And yes, the file data being from SNES seems really off. It is not like Street Fighter was an extremely legendary game on Nintendo consoles. It has migrated already with the exception of the odd Street Fighter IV 3DS and appearance from Ryu and Ken in Project X Zone and now the upcoming Project X Zone 2.

This is what I'm leaning towards too.

Although the cynical side of me wonders if they were planning on pretending Roy and Ryu were the top ballot picks. I'm not sure the Smash community would have bought that though.
Yea that case was what I was considering the hell breaking loose scenario. Although Nintendo would have to be extremely dumb to think that. Ryu and Roy are nowhere at the top of the Smash ballot as can be seen through the various fan polls which give us a good impression of how it might turn out.

The ones with a great amount of votes in the official ballot are probably Isaac, K. Rool and now Banjo-Kazooie. Along with Wolf and Inklings.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Roy could be passed off as one, especially if we are focusing on Japan. Ryu is not near the top anywhere.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If they were going to pretend a character topped the ballots, picking an INCREDIBLY low demand third party character was a stupid idea. They would have been much smarter to reveal Ryu in the direct, then hold out and say that Lucas and Roy were the top ballot picks. That would have made much more sense.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Honestly, anyone could have picked up those soundtracks and say they found them in the game, so yeah, waiting for the leak to be false. Also, we only hear the FE victory music and has for Ryu, his theme is from SF2 and since both Ryu and Megaman are owned by Capcom, I would see no problem for the music to be remixed as well...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Edit: Damnit.

I hope Nintendo included those files just to screw with people. I do NOT want Ryu in the game.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Edit: Damnit.

I hope Nintendo included those files just to screw with people. I do NOT want Ryu in the game.
I thought of that but would Sakurai really get a hold of Street Fighter just to play a prank on the fanbase?

I feel rather apathetic about all of this.

I can only hope once Sakurai starts adding ballot characters it'll become more exciting.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Oh... Well gosh darn it. I guess it's all real. Donatello on my icon kind of depicts how I feel about Ryu being added to Smash 4. I hated the idea of Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, and Dark Pit but I had to just accept them and move on. Looks like I'll have to do the same for Ryu...:glare:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, if Ryu wasn't a top pick before, he's going to be now, as thousands of people suddenly swarm to fill the ballot with the fighter they just heard is already coming.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Think of it this way: With Ryu, we know that they won't be adding just veterans. Newcomers will happen too.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just thinking another awesome perk of getting Isaac as dlc is that I wouldn't have to care nearly as much about dlc anymore.

"Oh, you're adding Shadow? That's great I'll just be over here fighting with Isaac!"

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, if Ryu wasn't a top pick before, he's going to be now, as thousands of people suddenly swarm to fill the ballot with the fighter they just heard is already coming.
Go sheep!

Seriously. Did Nintendo want this to happen? With people believing in Roy and Ryu coming back, their votes will rise which might lead to the first case itself >.<

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I was just thinking another awesome perk of getting Isaac as dlc is that I wouldn't have to care nearly as much about dlc anymore.

"Oh, you're adding Shadow? That's great I'll just be over here fighting with Isaac!"
Yea as soon as Isaac gets in, there will be no more tension.

Then Nintendo can add almost anyone, and I will have no problems whatsoever. Cause I will be too busy playing as Isaac to care.

Top Bottom