• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I just want to go back to Isaac vs Link real quick. I can't help you guys have underestimated Link a bit. What I mean by this is by the amount of punishment Link can take, remember over the years Link has been blown up, fried, boiled, got sky high, thrown across the whole world, eaten alive, been burned by lava, electrocuted, frozen solid etc. So Link could take a few of Isaac's Psynegy and Djinn summons. The question would Link be able to hold old out long enough before Isaac has to recharge his Psynegy and Djinns.

Although Link does kind of cheat, you know whole Triforce of Courage, so he effectively has Farore's divine protection...

Last edited:

Supersmash77

Smash Cadet
Haven't been on here in a few days but anyway as far as the Roy & ryu leak I'm not sure I believe it. I mean I'm fine with Roy coming back but why would capcom get a second character ? if any third party company would get a second character it would probably be Namco considering they're helping make the game and why ryu ? I mean I know he's iconic but Street Fighter 5 is exclusive to playstation & PC and I just can't really see him happening although this leak could be real and Ryu just isn't a playable character but serves some other purpose but I guess time will tell

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Haven't been on here in a few days but anyway as far as the Roy & ryu leak I'm not sure I believe it. I mean I'm fine with Roy coming back but why would capcom get a second character ? if any third party company would get a second character it would probably be Namco considering they're helping make the game and why ryu ? I mean I know he's iconic but Street Fighter 5 is exclusive to playstation & PC and I just can't really see him happening although this leak could be real and Ryu just isn't a playable character but serves some other purpose but I guess time will tell
Ryu doesn't make sense, at all... without any context, that is. However, if we knew the context, it might make sense. The fact of the matter is... this is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT TRUE. Ryu and Roy have data in the patch, this has been confirmed by multiple sources. Deny it all you wish, but its legit.

Ryu does not make sense on his own, hence why Nintendo must have gotten something in return. I doubt Nintendo would've agreed to allow Mega Man in only if they added Ryu later. Sorry, I fully disagree with this theory.

If anything, Nintendo is either A.) having Capcom make a new game for them (probably related to Street Fighter; a Nintendo vs. Capcom game would be a neat thing to see),

or B.) Nintendo bought something from Capcom, perhaps the rights to an IP. Capcom only agreed to it if they got another character in Smash Bros. This would make sense if, maybe, they bought the rights to Mega Man (Capcom isn't doing anything with it) so now there's no "Capcom" character in Smash anymore, so Capcom requested Ryu as part of the deal.

B.) isn't all too likely, but if Capcom is as strapped for cash as they appear to be, they might've considered selling an IP they don't care about anymore but Nintendo would. Regardless, A.) is probably more likely. Smash Bros. isn't a traditional fighting game; just like with Street Fighter V, Nintendo might've commissioned Capcom to develop a traditional fighting game on Nintendo platforms, to try and get some of that traditional fighting game audience to Wii U. There's not many fighting games on Wii U at this point. In order to help promote it Nintendo agreed to add Ryu to Smash as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At the moment, I think Ryu was essentially requested by Capcom. Given Capcom's situation, it doesn't seem unlikely.

:231:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At the moment, I think Ryu was essentially requested by Capcom. Given Capcom's situation, I doesn't seem unlikely.

Of course that's probably the case... but I doubt Nintendo would've done so without something in return. Nintendo wants people to buy their console, as well. They're not going to include a character just to promote a game that will never come to their console.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Of course that's probably the case... but I doubt Nintendo would've done so without something in return. Nintendo wants people to buy their console, as well. They're not going to include a character just to promote a game that will never come to their console.
He could be Snake 2.0. What are the chances?

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Anyone remember when they found the names for Chorus Men and Blues (Protoman) in the files? Yeah, and we don't have them now, do we? :p

Now back to your regularly scheduled Isaac?
Well, I've got his custom, which is something nice I guess... (His whistle at entering the battlefield would have been awesome).

As for the Roy & Ryu thing, my biggest question is, why was it only on the 3DS version?

As for Wolf, I guess we'll be getting him in August (reveal at E3, with probably a newcomer from the ballot).

Arteen

Smash Lord
So much for not wanting fighting game characters in Smash.
The biggest feature we look at in Smash Bros. is, ‘What does this character bring to Smash Bros. that other characters don’t?’ If you look at… someone from a fighting game already, and people like fighting with this character, from my point of view, it’s like ‘this guy does what this guy already does. He fills the role that this character already has. So while you may like this character and he’s interesting, that doesn’t really merge well, here.
Ryu and Roy are both such lame choices.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I wouldn't mind Ryu but he really doesn't belong in Smash Bros. any more than Bayonetta does.
And as for Roy? Really? we already have 4 FE reps and 2 Marth clones!
I really want this rumor to be fake because I feel like they could hurt Isaac's chances seeing as how I don't think they will have a large amount of DLC characters.
But really though, why is FE getting so much love from Smash Bros. in this installment? Not that I have anything against the series but it's just not as big as Mario and Pokemon. Hell, even Kirby should have more reps.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I wouldn't mind Ryu but he really doesn't belong in Smash Bros. any more than Bayonetta does.
I really want this rumor to be fake because I feel like they could hurt Isaac's chances seeing as how I don't think they will have a large amount of DLC characters.
But really though, why is FE getting so much love from Smash Bros. in this installment? Not that I have anything against the series but it's just not as big as Mario and Pokemon. Hell, even Kirby should have more reps.
Fire Emblem awakening Blow everybody Mind and he's a million seller , Same for his DLC ...

Oh and it´s older than Pokemon

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Roy's DLC in Awakening is a reason to add him you say, but why didn't they even bother giving him the Sword of Seals? :smirk:

I still believe Ryu is a ****ty choice, but if we can get something like a Nintendo vs Capcom out if it, that'd be amazing.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Fire Emblem awakening Blow everybody Mind and he's a million seller , Same for his DLC ...

Oh and it´s older than Pokemon
Yeah, and? Fire Emblem is a good series, but there's nothing to brag when you know that every game before Awakening failed to score 1 million. While being already represented in Smash.
Golden Sun scored 1 million two times, in two games, in the GBA era.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yeah, and? Fire Emblem is a good series, but there's nothing to brag when you know that every game before Awakening failed to score 1 million. While being already represented in Smash.
Golden Sun scored 1 million two times, in two games, in the GBA era.
Golden sun was relased everywere , not Fire emblem ...
And awakening sell 1 million in less than 2 years with One game. For a séries with "only" 7 million It's fantastic

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let's not start a fight here, on an off-topic matter, no less.

It's not a rumour any more, I'm afraid. Three independent sources have confirmed it.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I loved Roy in Melee, but I feel like with all of the FE characters we have now, one already being another Marth clone, having Roy return would be over-the-top. The only instance I would really accept it is if there were to be a ton of DLC characters, like 10+. But I really doubt that's going to happen, so...

Either way, no reason to give up hope on Isaac. There's really no chance that these two characters have anything to do with the poll.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
GameXplain did point out a very potential cross-promotion idea with Ryu: There could very well be a Wii U version of Street Fighter V with a Nintendo exclusive character (or characters) in it. It is not unprecedented, as Link in Soul Calibur 2 happened (and led to that game selling more on the GameCube than any other console). Announcing those two together at E3 would be a significant announcement, and would likely mean that Ryu was either free, or free to anyone who buys the Wii U version of Street Fighter V.

Capcom has not been doing well overall lately, but they have had a fairly strong relationship with Nintendo. Nintendo picking up more IPs or just working with Capcom on more exclusives is certainly a possibility.

Think about things this way, however. If Ryu and Roy are both being worked on, that means that Nintendo has had four DLC characters in progress. Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. That's double what we knew about before. That means that there are going to be more DLC opportunities than we had previously thought. Isaac is still one of the top contenders from the poll. The more characters Nintendo makes, the better Isaac's chances. We need to stay positive, and keep the hype coming.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282

It's not a rumour any more, I'm afraid. Three independent sources have confirmed it.

Ok, it may not be a rumor, but it doesn't fully confirm that they are in.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think we're either getting a Nintendo vs. Capcom, or Nintendo maybe bought a Capcom IP (Mega Man if any) and Capcom also included "Ryu in Smash Bros." as part of the agreement.
Hopefully that is the reason why we are seeing two "Capcom" characters is if one of them turned Nintendo. That would be a pipe dream for many.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
GameXplain did point out a very potential cross-promotion idea with Ryu: There could very well be a Wii U version of Street Fighter V with a Nintendo exclusive character (or characters) in it. It is not unprecedented, as Link in Soul Calibur 2 happened (and led to that game selling more on the GameCube than any other console). Announcing those two together at E3 would be a significant announcement, and would likely mean that Ryu was either free, or free to anyone who buys the Wii U version of Street Fighter V.

Capcom has not been doing well overall lately, but they have had a fairly strong relationship with Nintendo. Nintendo picking up more IPs or just working with Capcom on more exclusives is certainly a possibility.

Think about things this way, however. If Ryu and Roy are both being worked on, that means that Nintendo has had four DLC characters in progress. Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu. That's double what we knew about before. That means that there are going to be more DLC opportunities than we had previously thought. Isaac is still one of the top contenders from the poll. The more characters Nintendo makes, the better Isaac's chances. We need to stay positive, and keep the hype coming.
The problem with Street Fighter V is that Sony is PAYING for the game. I highly doubt we're getting Street Fighter V. That's why I believe we'd get a Nintendo vs. Capcom if anything.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I REALLY hope that Ryu leak turns out to be fake. Personally, I don't see him being all that different from the other simple punching-and-kicking fighters in Smash. And anyway, looking at the matter from an un-biased perspective, if we did get a Street Fighter character, I'd want it to be Blanka, since I think he'd be the most unique and bizarre. [Shrugs] At any rate, if Ryu does end up in Smash, I hope they use his SNES look and not his Frankenstein look in the new games.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY hope that Ryu leak turns out to be fake. Personally, I don't see him being all that different from the other simple punching-and-kicking fighters in Smash...
*E3 2015*

Sakurai: Please understand, Ryu is not going to be in Smash Brothers. As an apology, take this:

*Golden Sun 4 Trailer*
*Issac Smash reveal trailer.*

... A guy can dream, right?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The problem with Street Fighter V is that Sony is PAYING for the game. I highly doubt we're getting Street Fighter V. That's why I believe we'd get a Nintendo vs. Capcom if anything.
It's confirmed to come out for PC as well, so it's not exactly a PS4 exclusive, though.

I REALLY hope that Ryu leak turns out to be fake. Personally, I don't see him being all that different from the other simple punching-and-kicking fighters in Smash. And anyway, looking at the matter from an un-biased perspective, if we did get a Street Fighter character, I'd want it to be Blanka, since I think he'd be the most unique and bizarre. [Shrugs] At any rate, if Ryu does end up in Smash, I hope they use his SNES look and not his Frankenstein look in the new games.
Ryu is the most iconic character of the franchise. And his moveset is obvious. Special - Hadoken. Forward Special - Tatsumaki. Up Special - Shoryuken. Down Special - Hanagasi (unfortunately, this would basically be another Counter user). Final Smash - Hado Kakusei.

As for look, I'd prefer chibi Ryu.

Gosh dangit, we need to stop drawing this off topic. Isaac! ISAAC FOR SMASH!

Given that Mewtwo has no customs, what would you like Isaac's one and only move set to be?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Though we have not gotten any solid evidence for this to be true.

A video confirming the hacking and finding of these files would be solid and to prove the directories of the folders.

Just them saying it is legit is still he said/she said.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

A video confirming the hacking and finding of these files would be solid and to prove the directories of the folders.

Well, he does have the sound files for download on MEGA, so there's that. Considering the kind of data it is - sound bank files - I'm not sure how much difference a video would be. I mean, they obviously can't load videos showing them hacking into the 3DS, or can they?

MainJPW

M.T.A

One of the sources, TCRF, is a big name community dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games, they also confirmed the existence of these files. They definitely wouldn't fib about something like this.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well, he does have the sound files for download on MEGA, so there's that. Considering the kind of data it is - sound bank files - I'm not sure how much difference a video would be. I mean, they obviously can't load videos showing them hacking into the 3DS, or can they?

We only have their word that the sound files came from the 3DS Update. Video would prove that we can see the files that have been hacked.

If the files were truly "hacked" to be found, then why are they not listed in the link that shinyquagsire23 posted?

Looking at the file text I tried to find what shinyquagsire23 stated:

"Went ahead and ran a file listing on every updated file (although, granted, this also includes every update from before 1.06), txt file is here. Nothing too special, wouldn't run to any conclusions from just a file list.

EDIT 3: Just to clarify, this is from a 3DS decryption, not Wii U. No idea what's in the Wii U files, and I don't have a Wii U to verify that."

Files that were mentioned "
  • snd_bgm_F27_AIR_MoriStage_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_H12_BW_Sentou_Zekrom_Reshiram_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_T09_SDX_PupupuLand_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_V01_PAC_PacMan_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z80_F_Mewtwo_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS.nus3bank"
Going through the txt file though, I do not see any mention of these specific files. It would seem odd that Nintendo/Sakurai would not have these files as place holders in the text file (if the text file is to be believed where the background music is to be found).

The example of Mewtwo that I found is:

snd_vc_Mewtwo.nus3bank
│ │ ├── snd_vc_Mewtwo_ouen.nus3bank
│ │ └── snd_vc_minigame_pass_melee_Mewtwo.nus3bank

The other nus3bank files only includes sound files for characters, assist trophies, pokemon, and other characters. Even the announcer for Mewtwo has nus3bank files:

Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler

The only mention of songs for Stages just says sound.nus3bank, for all stages. Unless the files are kept elsewhere, then this seems fishy.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We only have their word that the sound files came from the 3DS Update. Video would prove that we can see the files that have been hacked.

If the files were truly "hacked" to be found, then why are they not listed in the link that shinyquagsire23 posted?

"Went ahead and ran a file listing on every updated file (although, granted, this also includes every update from before 1.06), txt file is here. Nothing too special, wouldn't run to any conclusions from just a file list.

EDIT 3: Just to clarify, this is from a 3DS decryption, not Wii U. No idea what's in the Wii U files, and I don't have a Wii U to verify that."

Going through the txt file though, I do not see any mention of these specific files. It would seem odd that Nintendo/Sakurai would not have these files as place holders in the text file (if the text file is to be believed where the background music is to be found).

snd_vc_Mewtwo.nus3bank

The other nus3bank files only includes sound files for characters, assist trophies, pokemon, and other characters. Even the announcer for Mewtwo has nus3bank files:

Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler

The only mention of songs for Stages just says sound.nus3bank, for all stages. Unless the files are kept elsewhere, then this seems fishy.
One of the sources, TCRF, is a big name community dedicated to unearthing and researching unused and cut content from video games, they also confirmed the existence of these files. They definitely wouldn't fib about something like this.
Has any of the sources posted 100% solid proof along with their claims? Words are words, unless it proven true or it comes from Sakurai/Nintendo.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

snd_vc_Mewtwo.nus3bank

Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler

Well, even if they do provide the nus3bank files for download, WE won't be able to open them, which would put us back at square 1. Makes sense that he chose to extract the sounds instead.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well, I've got his custom, which is something nice I guess... (His whistle at entering the battlefield would have been awesome).

As for the Roy & Ryu thing, my biggest question is, why was it only on the 3DS version?

As for Wolf, I guess we'll be getting him in August (reveal at E3, with probably a newcomer from the ballot).
My only guess as to why the 3DS version is because there's a Street Fighter 4 port for it. As well as FE Awakening (I don't even know if Roy is in that).
#OnlyPersonOnSmashboardsHopingThisIsReal

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well, even if they do provide the nus3bank files for download, WE won't be able to open them, which would put us back at square 1. Makes sense that he chose to extract the sounds instead.

It is the proof that the files are there and were hacked on video to see. If these audio files were found while he was hacking (in the sound directory files as he claimed), then this would be more believable.

Here: https://twitter.com/CuttingRoomWiki/status/588508342223384577

Also remember that false information never goes onto this site, genuine hackers only post real information from the games they data mine.
The Cutting Room Floor also adds evidence and information to their claims. So unless they post their evidence, then this is an odd behavior from them.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah, they just started updating the smash 3ds page. As they mentioned it's a WIP.
Time will tell when they post the claims of their findings. Even then, those findings need to be solid and undeniable (more of a video proof of hacking and showings of the directories).

MonopolyRubix

Smash Rookie
What would you guys think if Isaac used Matthew's Grip psynergy as a move? Isaac could shoot forward a hand that grabs the opponent and holds them in place, and then pull himself toward them with enough force to launch them. But, if the hand misses, Isaac would be left open for a bit. He could also use it at a tether recovery, but one that only works if the ledge is horizontally aligned with Isaac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
@ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon , I think you're just being way too conspiratorial here. This is three totally different groups that are totally legit. I'm sorry, but we don't need "evidence." We already have it. You're just ignoring that evidence because you don't want to believe its true and you're trying to come up with any arguments to support the notion that its not.

There's no conspiracy here.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
@ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon , I think you're just being way too conspiratorial here. This is three totally different groups that are totally legit. I'm sorry, but we don't need "evidence." We already have it. You're just ignoring that evidence because you don't want to believe its true and you're trying to come up with any arguments to support the notion that its not.

Where is that Rock Solid Evidence then? Even if the source is trust worthy, we still need to see their claimed evidence along with their words.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yes there is. We're conspiring to get Isaac into Smash.

Trying to figure out some way to procedurally generate votes for him. There's enough options for move potential and importance we should be able to create some sort of semi-randomized "Reasons" tab. Then we just set up an IP reconfiguration and let it go!

MainJPW

M.T.A

Honestly only time will tell at the moment as Oracle_Summon said. Right now this thread should focus on Isaac.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Honestly only time will tell at the moment as Oracle_Summon said. Right now this thread should focus on Isaac.
True, so if anybody wants to continue then Message.

Let me ask this about Isaac. What would the preferred playstyle type of him be? Example: Something like Glass Cannon.

Top Bottom