• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So in regards to the new miscellaneous franchises that should be represented in Smash, I think that Punch-Out!!!, Xeonblade, and Golden Sun should be at the forefront of characters to consider.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So people, everyone is MASSIVELY voting for Isaac to become a playable character in Project M! Fans of the Golden Boy, cast your votes here in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/clon...-results-updated.341479/page-39#post-15992183 .

Isaac is currently NUMBER ONE on the list, which puts him in a higher position than even Ridley. And we all know how bat-**** insane Ridley fans are when it comes to getting their character in Smash right? This means: Isaac has many, many Smash fans that really want to see him become a playable character! We can even discuss moveset possibilities there!

Adepts, we have a Lighthouse to light! :cool:

ISAAC 4 SMASH bros.forwiiu/3ds
AND PROJECT M!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Tomorrow there's a 3DS focused Nintendo Direct. 3DS focused.

Isaac reveal, anyone? :awesome:

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Not unless there is a new Golden Sun game for the 3DS.
The end of the latest game was a cliffhanger that essentially says "hey we are getting a sequel" but sales were lower than both previous golden suns but who knows, I'd LOVE to see a new Golden Sun, I loved Dark Dawn. It feels like it won't happen though, since the direct focuses on 3ds titles in first quarter 2014, which is super soon and if there was a new golden sun, I feel like we would have heard it by now, but who knows?

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
The end of the latest game was a cliffhanger that essentially says "hey we are getting a sequel" but sales were lower than both previous golden suns but who knows, I'd LOVE to see a new Golden Sun, I loved Dark Dawn. It feels like it won't happen though, since the direct focuses on 3ds titles in first quarter 2014, which is super soon and if there was a new golden sun, I feel like we would have heard it by now, but who knows?
See thats what I hate. DD's sales were low as ****, but thats because they waited SO ****ING LONG to make the damn game! And the core audience of Nintendo as a whole is totally different now. But mostly the former reason. If they hadnt waited more than idk 2-4 years to make DD then I dont think it would have been so bad. Plus the game itself isnt as good as the prior 2. If it were something like Starfox it wouldnt be an issue, but Golden Sun is kinda a "niche classic".

ScubaF_ingSteve

NNID
ScubaSteve94
See thats what I hate. DD's sales were low as ****, but thats because they waited SO ****ING LONG to make the damn game! And the core audience of Nintendo as a whole is totally different now. But mostly the former reason. If they hadnt waited more than idk 2-4 years to make DD then I dont think it would have been so bad. Plus the game itself isnt as good as the prior 2. If it were something like Starfox it wouldnt be an issue, but Golden Sun is kinda a "niche classic".
I know, it took wayyyy to long for us to get DD but I have to disagree about it not being as good as the prior games, it was on part if not better than the last two. The story wasn't as cool as the previous overarching story line but the combat and playable characters were much more diverse. Like in GS1 and GS2 Sheba and Ivan felt EXACTLY the same to play as were Issac and Felix. With DD all the characters felt like they had their own niche to play, characters like Sveta mixing it up.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I know, it took wayyyy to long for us to get DD but I have to disagree about it not being as good as the prior games, it was on part if not better than the last two. The story wasn't as cool as the previous overarching story line but the combat and playable characters were much more diverse. Like in GS1 and GS2 Sheba and Ivan felt EXACTLY the same to play as were Issac and Felix. With DD all the characters felt like they had their own niche to play, characters like Sveta mixing it up.
I loved Sveta for that reason, plus Im one of those creepy people ;P but yeah I can see where youre coming from. Just for me it didnt seem like there was much to it compared to at least the first game. One character I did not care for was Himi. She had like... no character, buildup, or development. She was a shoo-in just for a second Venus adept :\

But I digress, it wasnt a bad game by any stretch, and honestly I dream of a day when we can have our console Golden Sun.

ON TOPIC: Isaac really is one of the last real classic characters in Nintendos bank whos franchise hasnt been included yet as a fighter and he NEEDS to be in. If he isnt I will honestly be incredibly surprised and disappointed.

ScubaF_ingSteve

NNID
ScubaSteve94
I loved Sveta for that reason, plus Im one of those creepy people ;P but yeah I can see where youre coming from. Just for me it didnt seem like there was much to it compared to at least the first game. One character I did not care for was Himi. She had like... no character, buildup, or development. She was a shoo-in just for a second Venus adept :\

But I digress, it wasnt a bad game by any stretch, and honestly I dream of a day when we can have our console Golden Sun.

ON TOPIC: Isaac really is one of the last real classic characters in Nintendos bank whos franchise hasnt been included yet as a fighter and he NEEDS to be in. If he isnt I will honestly be incredibly surprised and disappointed.
Sveta was great. I felt it was a great improvement, better spells, more useful characters, good items etc. I haven't played the game since release so I can't really remember Himi's character arc, I'll play through the series again later this year. Console Golden Sun is never happening, nintendo won't give 2nd part camelot enough money to do that with a franchise that sells poorly with no massive fanbase in the east.

Issac and a ray model from custom robo should be in. They're both really good nintendo ips by second party developers that were made in the mid 2000s. Issac especially, I mean we have sword users, but adding in earth would be awesome.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Sveta was great. I felt it was a great improvement, better spells, more useful characters, good items etc. I haven't played the game since release so I can't really remember Himi's character arc, I'll play through the series again later this year. Console Golden Sun is never happening, nintendo won't give 2nd part camelot enough money to do that with a franchise that sells poorly with no massive fanbase in the east.

Issac and a ray model from custom robo should be in. They're both really good nintendo ips by second party developers that were made in the mid 2000s. Issac especially, I mean we have sword users, but adding in earth would be awesome.
DD just seemed too easy to me. And it didnt really have any repercussions from just blasting everything with the strongest psynergy. Im still sad we probably wont ever see what became of the other original Adepts :c I loved Mia. And yeah I know the console game will never happen, its just one of my dreams.

Well Isaac would be unique tho because he's half and half, with swordplay AND magic. So much yes Ive wanted Ray in Smash since before Brawl dude, so hype.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I did enjoy dark dawn but I feel the developers were either rushed or didn't really know what they were doing with how the game progressed.

It had this feeling that there was so much more to explore but it was all locked away. It also feels like the storyline was just a prologue to a far more interesting storyline and quest. Like Dark Dawn was disc one in a four disc RPG.

Overall I did like the game but it does have some glaringly obvious faults.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Since we're close to Christmas, I'm going to risk being the Grinch here, but I'll just say...

Golden Sun 1 + 2 were clearly superior to Dark Dawn. From the story, to the characters and the music. They're the reason Isaac was even included in Brawl and is a possibility for Smash 4.

Don't get me wrong, Dark Dawn was a good game. But IMHO, Golden Sun 1+2 are just superb, and portable RPG classics.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Dark Dawn was a bit of a mess.

Gameplay-wise, it felt stale. The battle system was near-identical and felt too easy.

The party had too many characters and not enough time to develop them. Himi was the worst offender, but she wasn't the only forgettable one.

The story went everywhere and nowhere. The game ends in the same place it starts--Matthew and co preparing to visit the Sol Sanctum--and the main plot is an arbitrary fetch quest to retrieve a feather. Lame. Saving the world along the way was coincidental. The psynergy void plot thread is teased early on then almost completely forgotten.

Finally, the world itself was too different. I was excited to return to Weyard, but it was nearly unrecognizable.

It was still a fun game, but it didn't capture me the way the first two games did.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Agreed. You articulated most of my sentiments towards Dark Dawn.

Anywho... ISAAC for SMASH 4 Y'ALL!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Do you think Isaac being playable in smash 4 would increase interest in a new Golden Sun game? I'm guessing it would....it may be in Nintendo's interest to introduce a couple niche franchises.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm sure it would. It could be a Fire Emblem kind of situation.

Fire Emblem's success outside of Japan (even if not mainstream) wouldn't have happened without the inclusion of Marth and Roy in Melee.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hey, what do you lot think of having Cure as Isaac's downward special? The reason why I am asking is because I am rewriting mine Isaac moveset yet again, and am having a hard time deciding his downward special. I have decided not to incorporate any Djinn in his moveset, save for taunts.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I like the idea, and think it would be great for a defensive character, but given Rest (a full heal in it's own game) doesn't recover at all I doubt it from Sakurai...

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
No, I'm just giving an example of why I don't think healing specials are likely in smash bros.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Changed my avi because I think the Isaac support must be shown, as he's one of those "maybe, maybe not" characters.

I kinda wish we would've done some kind of campaign for him, but alas, the roster has long been decided by now...

Altais

Smash Champion
No, I'm just giving an example of why I don't think healing specials are likely in smash bros.
Eh, Ness and Lucas both had special moves capable of healing them, albeit through the absorption of projectiles. That being said, I do not see why they could not give Isaac a healing move. They could easily give Cure some drawbacks to prevent it from being abused. For instance, here is what I came up with:

• Downward Special (Cure): Isaac balls his free hand into a fist and raises his sword in the air. At the same time, a myriad of golden brown energy particles appear above Isaac and enter his body, healing him. Though obviously useful, this move has a fairly long duration, thus leaving Isaac open for attack. Also, if used repeatedly, this move's potency is gradually reduced. Initially, Cure heals 12% damage. If it is used again within the next 60 seconds, the healing percentage is reduced by 4%, and so on. Waiting 60 seconds before using the move again fully restores its potency.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Can you add me to the support list?
Just as soon as I make one, I'll add you to it. ;)
(don't hold your breath)

Changed my avi because I think the Isaac support must be shown, as he's one of those "maybe, maybe not" characters.

I kinda wish we would've done some kind of campaign for him, but alas, the roster has long been decided by now...
Any campaign we would've been capable of making will still pale in comparison to campaigns for other characters made over the years. Plus, I very much doubt Sakurai would take notice of such things anyway, and that really is for the best, considering how many awful choices manage to get significant momentum behind them.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
You mean like that dumb Reggie request? Ha ha!

I know things like that aren't what Sakurai uses to decide the roster, I just wish something would've been done to actually have Isaac in the Smash 4 dev team's radar.

Anywho, the only thing we can really do is cross our fingers for Isaac. :colorful:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I suppose, but I mostly meant characters that are actually... characters, like Geno and Skull Kid and other questionable choices that have had a large movement behind them at one point or another (legitimate or not). There really wouldn't be much more to be done when the roster was actually being compiled in regards to Isaac, he had his supporters then and he has his supporters now, there's not much more that could've realistically been done for Isaac, atm his support is limited in the west and minimal in Japan. Plus most supporters don't really get active in the Smash scene until the first trailer touches down, and by then the roster is likely complete.

That said, I'm sure Isaac is on Sakurai's radar in some aspect. Although he's clearly not as his peak anymore, he has been a fairly popular pick since pre-Brawl, including in Japan during that time period, so chances are he placed fairly well on the Brawl-era poll (for characters that didn't end up being included in Brawl). And Sakurai still does refer to that poll in some capacity, as evidenced by his statements about Mega Man. Plus Sakurai made him an AT, which at least acknowledges him as a character. So Sakurai is aware of him, and his popularity endured to Smash 4's time of roster creation (even if not what it once was), so he has a shot. Isaac supporters really have done above and beyond what most C-List series supporters have done for their protagonists, as we've at least kept him reasonably popular for nearly a decade, and popular enough for a sequel to have been made past the two originally planned.

Like you said, all we can do now is wait, hope, and cross our fingers. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Problem is, the PM team is hessisant on adding newcomers that'll be added in Smash 4. But either way, he'll be in one of the 2 games as the PM team really wants to add him, being the most requested character and all. SO: Great news!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac's at the top of the unofficial poll (which is a pleasant surprise), but has anyone on the Project M team actually expressed interest in the character, or even interest in the poll results?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac's at the top of the unofficial poll (which is a pleasant surprise), but has anyone on the Project M team actually expressed interest in the character, or even interest in the poll results?

I think a Reddit post somewhere suggested Isaac 'definitely fits the bill for our Clone Engine'. Haven't seen it after seeing it once though, as I don't browse Reddit, but yes. There's definitely interesst.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Look who's there? Welcome back N3ON, how've you been?
Diddy! ^_^
I've been pretty much all over the place, and as fun as going awol was, there aren't enough people out there who talk Smash with me. ;)

Isaac for Project M and Smash Wii U/3DS. Nuff said.
Chances are looking pretty good. At least for the former. Curious as to how his moveset will end up though. There are quite a few options, but the stuff Isaac is known for is fairly diverse from what's already on the roster.

Pretty much what Diddy said, they stated he "definitely falls within the rules for the clones". Here's the link, if you search for Isaac it won't be hard to locate.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Moveset number three!

Isaac encompasses a unique playstyle not seen in the likes of Smash Brothers as he can become the first Magic Knight in the series. Isaac can utilize a variety of summons, Psynergy, and attacks that can aid him on the battlefield. His unique mechanic in this case is the ability to use a variety of weapons seen throughout the game, if he charges his Smash attacks up to 85% he will pull out the weapon and use its ability as it ‘lets out a howl!’ Furthermore, when Isaac is critically wounded he might resort to a different weapon that’s more powerful or has a stronger effect…

Special: Summon Djinn. Isaac charges and summons various Djinn he encountered on his journey. Isaac can only summon the Djinn at maximum charge and will cycle through them in order.

Summon Flint: With the power of Flint Isaac leap forward to strike an enemy twice with enough force to cleave stone. This attack will break platforms, objects, and items such as Barrels and Crates regardless of damage taken, it cannot break Smash Balls in one hit though.
'The element of Venus is represented by mankind, who is stated to rule the land with wisdom.'

Summon Fizz: Isaac summons Fizz who briefly circles around him before healing Isaac depending on the amount of damage he has taken. Fizz will heal up to a fifth of Isaac’s current damage with a minimum heal of 7% and a maximum heal of 50%.
'The element of Mercury is represented by fish, who are said to rule the seas.'

Summon Forge: Isaac calls upon the power of Forge to temper his strength. For a period of time all of Isaac’s attacks will deal increased knockback to enemies who receive damage from Isaac’s attacks, does not apply to items, Assist Trophies, or Pokeballs Isaac uses. The duration will last for 10 seconds plus an additional second for every 25% damage Isaac currently has taken up to 15 seconds.
'The element of Mars is represented by dragons, who are said to be the masters of fire.'

Summon Gust: Isaac summons Gust who will zip past the nearest opponent dealing damage to them. Gust will then fly back around to strike the target a second time.
'The element of Jupiter is symbolized by birds, who are said to rule the skies.'

Special >: Move. Isaac conjures a large, immovable hand that slowly moves forward pushing enemies and objects back. The hand is treated as a wall that can block projectiles as well as being subject to wall hopping. Opponents cannot land on top of the hand to reset their jumps however.

Special ^: Catch. Isaac summons a hand to catch an item, opponent, or ledge. When catching an item Isaac will immediately equip the item if he does not already currently possess one. If Isaac is already holding an item then the item he catches will be placed next to him, if he catches already active objects such as Red Shells, Flippers, and lit Bom-Ombs they will be placed next to him in a briefly frozen state giving him just enough time to move out of the way. If Isaac catches an opponent they will be brought toward Isaac while locked into hitstun for the duration of the catch. If Isaac catches a ledge he will pull himself to the ledge.

Special v: Sand. Isaac dissipates into a pile of sand becoming untargetable for a few seconds. Isaac can slowly move across the battlefield and upon activation of Sand or until the duration runs out Isaac will spring forth from the ground and perform an upwards strike. Enemies on top of the sand pile will be slowly drawn towards the middle making it easier for Isaac to strike though they can run or jump out of it. If Isaac casts this ability in the air or walks off the edge while in sand form he will immediately drop down off the ledge.

Final Smash: Megiddo. Isaac leaps into the air and summons a great ball of energy that crashes down with his Sol Blade.

Smashes: As Isaac prepares a Smash he can perform one of three variants with each Smash attack depending on how long he charges and how much damage he has. All variants will have the same hit boxes, although the pictures provided illustrate their animation in game try to imagine it in the context of Smash!
  • Variant One: Isaac uses Psynergy to unleash attacks charged at less than 85%.
  • Variant Two: Isaac uses a weapon which unleashes its ability when charged at 85% or more. Deals roughly the same amount as a normal Smash attack.
  • Variant Three: Isaac uses a weapon which unleashes its ability when charged at 85% or more and when Isaac has 150% or more damage. Deals 5-8% more damage than most Smash attacks or produces an additional effect.
To give you a visualization: When charging a Smash attack Isaac forms a stance in which he first prepares and charges Psynergy, when the charge is at 85% he will pull out one of four different weapons each with an unleash ability. If Isaac has more than 150% damage he will pull out a different weapon that deals slightly more damage or comes with a bonus effect when unleashed.

Forward Smash:

Spire: Isaac summons a spire of rock that fall in front of him and crash on the enemy.

Titan Blade: When charged at 85% Isaac’s Gaia Blade lets out a howl and brings a down an ethereal blade of Venus energy to strike the opponent.

Acheron’s Grief: When charged at 85% and at over 150% damage Isaac’s Darksword unleashes Acheron’s Grief and summons a blade of dark energy to crash down on the opponent dealing additional damage.

Down Smash:

Quake: Isaac shakes the earth beneath him in both directions.

Stone Justice: Isaac pulls out his Themis Axe and thrusts it towards the ground, it will cause shards of rock to erupt from both sides of Isaac.

Mortal Danger: Isaac’s Assassin’s Blade summons a harbinger of death who sweeps his scythe in a horizontal motion dealing additional damage.

Up Smash:

Growth: Isaac summons a series of vines that erupt from under him.

Terra Strike: Isaac’s Grievous Mace unleashes Terra Strike which causes a spire of rock to erupt from underneath Isaac.

Poison Death: Isaac thrusts his Wicked Mace in the air which causes a column of poison cloud to erupt upwards. This poisons the target for a few seconds.

Altais

Smash Champion
Moveset number three!

Isaac encompasses a unique playstyle not seen in the likes of Smash Brothers as he can become the first Magic Knight in the series. Isaac can utilize a variety of summons, Psynergy, and attacks that can aid him on the battlefield. His unique mechanic in this case is the ability to use a variety of weapons seen throughout the game, if he charges his Smash attacks up to 85% he will pull out the weapon and use its ability as it ‘lets out a howl!’ Furthermore, when Isaac is critically wounded he might resort to a different weapon that’s more powerful or has a stronger effect…

Special: Summon Djinn. Isaac charges and summons various Djinn he encountered on his journey. Isaac can only summon the Djinn at maximum charge and will cycle through them in order.

Summon Flint: With the power of Flint Isaac leap forward to strike an enemy twice with enough force to cleave stone. This attack will break platforms, objects, and items such as Barrels and Crates regardless of damage taken, it cannot break Smash Balls in one hit though.
'The element of Venus is represented by mankind, who is stated to rule the land with wisdom.'

Summon Fizz: Isaac summons Fizz who briefly circles around him before healing Isaac depending on the amount of damage he has taken. Fizz will heal up to a fifth of Isaac’s current damage with a minimum heal of 7% and a maximum heal of 50%.
'The element of Mercury is represented by fish, who are said to rule the seas.'

Summon Forge: Isaac calls upon the power of Forge to temper his strength. For a period of time all of Isaac’s attacks will deal increased knockback to enemies who receive damage from Isaac’s attacks, does not apply to items, Assist Trophies, or Pokeballs Isaac uses. The duration will last for 10 seconds plus an additional second for every 25% damage Isaac currently has taken up to 15 seconds.
'The element of Mars is represented by dragons, who are said to be the masters of fire.'

Summon Gust: Isaac summons Gust who will zip past the nearest opponent dealing damage to them. Gust will then fly back around to strike the target a second time.
'The element of Jupiter is symbolized by birds, who are said to rule the skies.'

Special >: Move. Isaac conjures a large, immovable hand that slowly moves forward pushing enemies and objects back. The hand is treated as a wall that can block projectiles as well as being subject to wall hopping. Opponents cannot land on top of the hand to reset their jumps however.

Special ^: Catch. Isaac summons a hand to catch an item, opponent, or ledge. When catching an item Isaac will immediately equip the item if he does not already currently possess one. If Isaac is already holding an item then the item he catches will be placed next to him, if he catches already active objects such as Red Shells, Flippers, and lit Bom-Ombs they will be placed next to him in a briefly frozen state giving him just enough time to move out of the way. If Isaac catches an opponent they will be brought toward Isaac while locked into hitstun for the duration of the catch. If Isaac catches a ledge he will pull himself to the ledge.

Special v: Sand. Isaac dissipates into a pile of sand becoming untargetable for a few seconds. Isaac can slowly move across the battlefield and upon activation of Sand or until the duration runs out Isaac will spring forth from the ground and perform an upwards strike. Enemies on top of the sand pile will be slowly drawn towards the middle making it easier for Isaac to strike though they can run or jump out of it. If Isaac casts this ability in the air or walks off the edge while in sand form he will immediately drop down off the ledge.

Final Smash: Megiddo. Isaac leaps into the air and summons a great ball of energy that crashes down with his Sol Blade.

Smashes: As Isaac prepares a Smash he can perform one of three variants with each Smash attack depending on how long he charges and how much damage he has. All variants will have the same hit boxes, although the pictures provided illustrate their animation in game try to imagine it in the context of Smash!
  • Variant One: Isaac uses Psynergy to unleash attacks charged at less than 85%.
  • Variant Two: Isaac uses a weapon which unleashes its ability when charged at 85% or more. Deals roughly the same amount as a normal Smash attack.
  • Variant Three: Isaac uses a weapon which unleashes its ability when charged at 85% or more and when Isaac has 150% or more damage. Deals 5-8% more damage than most Smash attacks or produces an additional effect.
To give you a visualization: When charging a Smash attack Isaac forms a stance in which he first prepares and charges Psynergy, when the charge is at 85% he will pull out one of four different weapons each with an unleash ability. If Isaac has more than 150% damage he will pull out a different weapon that deals slightly more damage orcomes with a bonus effect when unleashed.

Forward Smash:

Spire: Isaac summons a spire of rock that fall in front of him and crash on the enemy.

Titan Blade: When charged at 85% Isaac’s Gaia Blade lets out a howl and brings a down an ethereal blade of Venus energy to strike the opponent.

Acheron’s Grief: When charged at 85% and at over 150% damage Isaac’s Darksword unleashes Acheron’s Grief and summons a blade of dark energy to crash down on the opponent dealing additional damage.

Down Smash:

Quake: Isaac shakes the earth beneath him in both directions.

Stone Justice: Isaac pulls out his Themis Axe and thrusts it towards the ground, it will cause shards of rock to erupt from both sides of Isaac.

Mortal Danger: Isaac’s Assassin’s Blade summons a harbinger of death who sweeps his scythe in a horizontal motion dealing additional damage.

Up Smash:

Growth: Isaac summons a series of vines that erupt from under him.

Terra Strike: Isaac’s Grievous Mace unleashes Terra Strike which causes a spire of rock to erupt from underneath Isaac.

Poison Death: Isaac thrusts his Wicked Mace in the air which causes a column of poison cloud to erupt upwards. This poisons the target for a few seconds.

Mm, I really think a complex Djinn system should be associated with Isaac's downward special. His standard special, in mine opinion, should have a more recognisable signature move.

Catch would definitely be a useful recovery move, though I personally think the psynergy hand moves should be associated with Isaac's grab attacks.

Sand sounds like a useful move, but since it is more associated with Felix, I think it would be better off with him. [Shrugs] Then again, Ness and Lucas both had moves that were associated with a different character, so I guess it could work.

As for the smash attacks, I really think they should just involve one move instead of multiple. That, and the damage meter affecting attack power, in mine opinion, is something that should be unique to Lucario--and, if I recall, there was never such a mechanic in the Golden Sun games.

No offense, but I really think this moveset could use some more work.

Altais

Smash Champion
So, what stage would you guys want to see for Isaac if he's included?
I would definitely like to have Venus Lighthouse as a stage. The beacon could be unlit at first, but as time passes a pillar of light would shoot out of it. Just like in the game, the lighthouse could break apart and, once the sphere of light rises to the top, come back together again.

If we got a Dark Dawn stage, I would want it to be either the Mountain Roc Peak or the Belinsk Opera House.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
If Isaac does make it in, I just hope his stage isn't 3DS exclusive. Seeing a Golden Sun stage in HD would be a dream come true... :love:

Top Bottom