• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Considering he's an earth adept, it'd be thematically fitting if he's a more "grounded" fighter. As Cheezey Bites said, he can't be too good.

Isaac for SS tier.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Ever since Toon Link's reveal, mine idea of how Isaac would look in Smash 4 has changed dramatically. At first, I imagined Isaac overall texture would be similar to that of Ike and Marth, but now I imagine his appearance and texture would be more of a cross between that of Link's and Toon Link's. For instance, while Isaac's boots will have a firm, leathery texture, they could also have a small hint of cel-shading. The texture of his scarf, trousers, tunic, and undershirt could also be a cross between the texture of Link and Toon Link's clothes, while his breastplate could have the same sheen and texture as Link's Hylian Shield. The texture of his hair could also be a cross between Link's and Toon Link's--I would also like it to be more spiky and elongated than it was in Brawl; it would definitely make him stand out amongst the other sword users in Smash Bros, in terms of appearance.

Anyhow, how do you lot think Isaac might look in Smash 4, assuming he is in it?

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Considering he's an earth adept, it'd be thematically fitting if he's a more "grounded" fighter. As Cheezey Bites said, he can't be too good.

Isaac for SS tier.
Methinks you mean God tier.
And Altais, he'd look like Isaac. Yellow Scarf and all. Jk I dunno. It's all good as long as he's a teenager and in the game.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Earth adept means he's slow.

Judgement was practically made to be a final smash.

Aside from that, Charon and Daedalus would also make good summon Final Smashes.

I think Ragnarok would make a good Psyenergy final smash. Or Grand Gaia.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I personally think Megiddo would make a better FS than Judgement, being it's more something Isaac, but I appear to be the minority, and it doesn't appear in his first game, so I can understand why.

I think Ragnarok should be a special, so the next step would be Odyssey if you want a 1p kill, but I think t's a poor idea compared to the above 2.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I personally think Megiddo would make a better FS than Judgement, being it's more something Isaac, but I appear to be the minority, and it doesn't appear in his first game, so I can understand why.

I think Ragnarok should be a special, so the next step would be Odyssey if you want a 1p kill, but I think t's a poor idea compared to the above 2.
That does seem like a better Final Smash. I read that Megiddo and the Sol Blade are technically in the code of GS1. I don't think I used the Sol Blade in either GS:TLA or GS:DD.

It's been a while since I've played so i forgotten most of the potential for many of these Final Smashes. I think Raganarok and Odyssey would be really cool in any form.

The Sol Blade does seem more distinct for the main protagonists. I'll gladly give it to Matthew as a Final Smash. It gets around the whole using Djinn thing for me.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
While the potential for Golden Sun 4 probably won't come around until Camelot is done with Mario Golf: Open Tour I think it would be pretty neat if at the end of the game you have the option to tackle the final boss with Matthew's party or Isaac's party. And as a New Game+ bonus each character (Assuming you continue to play with Matthew's party) could gain an extra equip slot for a 'doll' that allows you to play as members of the first two games in battle only.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Megiddo is something I associate more with Felix than Isaac, and I don't think it's distinctive enough for a final smash. It looks cool, but lots of characters can make giant fireballs. Judgment however? That's a final smash to remember.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
True, but it's also summoning some other dude (cool as he is) to do is smash for him. It feels to me like it's making Isaac look weak.. I'd prefer it be something Isaac does for himself, and while Megiddo is the sword, it's still kinda him, 'cos he's wielding it. I dunno, I guess I just don't like the idea of a summon being a Final Smash... Dedede and Olimar had to do it, but it fits Dedede and Olimar to have others do the work for them... much less so Isaac.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
The thing is that the summon is an iconic aspect of Golden Sun. So I think the Summon actually works better for GS reps than it does for any other character.

Altais

Smash Champion
Now that I think about it, Judgement would probably make a more unique Final Smash than Megiddo in many ways. It could be the only Final Smash besides Captain Falcon's that features an off-stage animation. It could also be amongst the very few Final Smashes that are virtually, if not completely, impossible to dodge. As to how the attack would work, the explosion could start in the stage background, then expand until it engulfs the stage, killing any opponent it touches (somewhat similar to the lava tsumami in the Norfair stage).

If we had a Golden Sun boss, I would want it to be Dullahan.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I picture Judgment (which I also find to be the most likely FS for Isaac) as working similarly to Zero Laser, except instead of a beam it's a radial explosion that grows from either the center of the stage, or wherever Isaac was when he cast it (I suppose it could also briefly touch down from the sky from where it was sent, and explode upon contact with the ground).

Either way, I think it's the clear cut most-likely FS, though hardly Isaac's only option. Though it is the one I prefer, especially if we get the casting animation in HD. Dat HD knight. :awesome:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I think I've said this before, I'd prefer Ragnarok to be a final smash.

judgement would make a cool OP assist trophy.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
Hey guys I know I'm new here, but I'd like to know what you guys think of my Isaac Move Set.
I am open for any changes and/or ideas. Im still not done by the way haha

Standard B - Isaac performs a spinning kick, his foot engulfed in stone, which harms the foe.

Side B - MOVE: Much like his AT version, a giant hand appears and kinda goes flying like Links Bow and Arrow.

Up B - RETREAT: Isaac disappears and kinda teleports to the direction you want him to. It can also be used to attack during combo's.

Down B - SPIRE: A giant stone spire comes down from above like Pikachu's Thunder directly in front of him in the direction in which he is facing

Final Smash - JUDGEMENT: Uses his most powerful Summon from the first Golden Sun.

Standard A attacks use hand-to-hand combat and can be used in a combo type of thing in the direction you would like kind of like Marth, while his Smash attacks utilize his sword.

Altais

Smash Champion
Hey guys I know I'm new here, but I'd like to know what you guys think of my Isaac Move Set.
I am open for any changes and/or ideas. Im still not done by the way haha

Standard B - Isaac performs a spinning kick, his foot engulfed in stone, which harms the foe.

Side B - MOVE: Much like his AT version, a giant hand appears and kinda goes flying like Links Bow and Arrow.

Up B - RETREAT: Isaac disappears and kinda teleports to the direction you want him to. It can also be used to attack during combo's.

Down B - SPIRE: A giant stone spire comes down from above like Pikachu's Thunder directly in front of him in the direction in which he is facing

Final Smash - JUDGEMENT: Uses his most powerful Summon from the first Golden Sun.

Standard A attacks use hand-to-hand combat and can be used in a combo type of thing in the direction you would like kind of like Marth, while his Smash attacks utilize his sword.
I like all of these except for the Standard Special, as it just seems to be out of the blue (no offense). I would suggest trying to find something that actually derives from the games. The Golden Sun Wiki has a lot of information you can use.

Assuming he does get in Smash 4, I personally hope Isaac's moves will consist mostly of magickal attacks, while only a few will involve swordplay. [Shrugs] That being said, to each his/her own.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
I like all of these except for the Standard Special, as it just seems to be out of the blue (no offense). I would suggest trying to find something that actually derives from the games. The Golden Sun Wiki has a lot of information you can use.

Assuming he does get in Smash 4, I personally hope Isaac's moves will consist mostly of magickal attacks, while only a few will involve swordplay. [Shrugs] That being said, to each his/her own.
Yea literally nailed that. I really couldn't think of anything. lol

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well it's a start, but Isaac does have so much potential it kinda feels like those moves might be selling him a bit short, especially the Standard B, which really could just be one of his A attacks. I'd perhaps consider embellishing a little more, and maybe using a bit more psynergy in the moveset, seems if Isaac were to be implemented the focus of his moveset would probably be closer to that than swordplay, considering we already have quite a few characters who can offer moves in that regard, but none that could really use Earth-magic.

Also, Isaac doesn't really use hand-to-hand combat, I think the only character that really does is Sveta... so I don't think he'd have very much of it, if any, in his moveset.

But you've got several attacks pretty closely associated with Isaac, so overall it would be true to his character (for the most part).

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
especially the Standard B, which really could just be one of his A attacks. I'd perhaps consider embellishing a little more, and maybe using a bit more psynergy in the moveset, seems if Isaac were to be implemented the focus of his moveset would probably be closer to that than swordplay, considering we already have quite a few characters who can offer moves in that regard, but none that could really use Earth-magic.
True I'm still thinking about his Standard B, really couldn't think of anything. Really open for any ideas. Can't think of anything for that atm.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
What if Isaac had a gimmick similar to Olimar's Pikmin in that he'd set a djinn, and then depending on the element of his Djinn, his stats change slightly?

If he has a Jupiter Djinn, he's got faster ground and air speed. If he's got Venus Djinn, he's heavier. If he's got Mars Djinn, his moves do more damage. If he's got Mercury Djinn, the landing lag of his moves is reduced slightly, making him more "fluid" and better at combos.

This is, of course, in line with what Djinns did in the actual game. And IIRC, Jupiter did correlate with speed, Venus with defense, Mars with offense, and Mercury with "mastery/psynergy (pp)"

Also, what if for his Side Smash or Side Special, he had "two attacks," that alternate. Flint, and "Summon Venus"? Flint would be kinda like Link's FSmash from SSB64 (but with some flint-y-ness) and Summon Venus could be a bit like Mario's Final Smash (though of course, way weaker, and weaker as it goes further.)

Maybe his Djinn could be defined by his color?

With this Summon Venus idea, as well as Ragnarok, I feel like Isaac would have amazing edgeguarding skills.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
What if Isaac had a gimmick similar to Olimar's Pikmin in that he'd set a djinn, and then depending on the element of his Djinn, his stats change slightly?

If he has a Jupiter Djinn, he's got faster ground and air speed. If he's got Venus Djinn, he's heavier. If he's got Mars Djinn, his moves do more damage. If he's got Mercury Djinn, the landing lag of his moves is reduced slightly, making him more "fluid" and better at combos.

This is, of course, in line with what Djinns did in the actual game. And IIRC, Jupiter did correlate with speed, Venus with defense, Mars with offense, and Mercury with "mastery/psynergy (pp)"

Also, what if for his Side Smash or Side Special, he had "two attacks," that alternate. Flint, and "Summon Venus"? Flint would be kinda like Link's FSmash from SSB64 (but with some flint-y-ness) and Summon Venus could be a bit like Mario's Final Smash (though of course, way weaker, and weaker as it goes further.)

Maybe his Djinn could be defined by his color?

With this Summon Venus idea, as well as Ragnarok, I feel like Isaac would have amazing edgeguarding skills.
I saw this idea in an older forum didn't really like it much. Cause it would be too much of what mega man is ATM, if they didn't add mega man I'd be open for the concept, but because they did I'm not really open for it. It's be seen by others as a copy of mega man sadly.

Altais

Smash Champion
True I'm still thinking about his Standard B, really couldn't think of anything. Really open for any ideas. Can't think of anything for that atm.
In mine opinion, the best move for Isaac's standard special would probably be Earthquake, as it is easily one of Isaac's most recognisable psynergy attacks (besides Ragnarok/Odyssey), and a fitting move for a character whom uses Earth magick. The move could function similar to Donkey Kong's downward special, except it covers a slightly wider range--and it can be performed indefinitely by holding down the special button rather than pressing it rapidly.

Somehow, I doubt Djinn will be incorporated in any of Isaac's attacks, if he does get in Smash 4.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Some ideas leeched off the movesets in the OP. Props to those who thought of them.

Playstyle Notes:
1. Isaac is able to do a lot of damage, relatively quickly, but the higher the percent his opponent racks up, the harder it will be for Isaac to kill & damage them. He must use Smash attacks as finishers.
2. Like in the Golden Sun games, the more thought you put into your Djinni, the better you'll do. Just like using Olimar's pikmin professionally in Brawl leads to an extremely powerful Olimar, the same is true for Isaac (but not as much because Isaac is easier to use.)
3. As a Venus adept, Isaac is a mostly grounded character who specializes in using racking up damage with psynergy, and edgeguarding. His aerial game is extremely subpar, and basically all of his stats go against it anyways.
4. Despite being a Venus adept, Isaac is not slow. Isaac is a more moderate speed
5. Many of Isaac's attacks are meteor smashes (though sometimes only working on land,) so often his attacks will put enemies in the air just enough for either an aerial (at higher percents,) or a "Side-Special combo".

Explanatory Notes:
1: As a character who normally fights alongside his team, some of Isaac's moves are easily punishable when facing multiple enemies. He excels in 1-v-1 and in teams (if he has someone to watch his back.)
2: Though handy with a sword, Isaac is not nearly as skilled as Link or Marth, as his specialty is psynergy. Thus, some more skilled sword techniques aren't for him.
3: As a Psynergy user, Isaac's true strength lies in his mind and his powers.
4. Isaac's sword is longer than Young/Toon Link's, but shorter than Link's.
5. Since Golden Sun games show how much damage will be done in a specific position, Isaac's moveset will replicate it (and this list will show it.)

Possible Character Stats:
Size: 5 (same as Brawl)
Weight: 6 (Earth + armor + sword)
Speed: 6. He's not fast, but all that travelling has done wonders for his movement speed. He's a little above average.
Air Speed: 3. He sucks in the air.
Fall Speed: 7. He's Earth, and wants to fall. Unfortunately, being more than 7 would ruin recovery options for him.
Jumps: 4 and 4. He likes being on the ground. His mid-air jump isn't atrocious because otherwise, he simply would have no luck recovering.
Traction: 8. He's all about staying grounded, and his natural bond with the Earth keeps him glued.

Throws: 5. His throws are never terrible, but he "moves" opponents, rather than throws. No momentum leads to it not being as great as it could be. He has a pretty easy time grabbing, though.
Ground Game: 9. Amazing ground game.
Air Game: 3. His air-game is pretty bad.
Recovery: 4 or 7. His recovery can be good, with quick fingers setting Djinni, by unless he's on a Jupiter Djinni, his recovery is subpar.

Possible Moveset:

Grabs & Throws:
*Isaac's grabs & throws relate to the psynergy moves "catch" and "move."

Grab1: In normal range, Isaac will grab the opponent like any other character would.

Grab2: Outside normal range, Isaac will use catch to grab an opponent (up to twice the range.) Like Samus in Melee, holding a button can make catch go to the opponent, but if using this technique, it becomes "normal range." Failed-grab lag is about the same as a failed Yoshi (running) grab.

Pummel: Basic pummel, kneeing or punching or whacking with sword, or etc.

Down Throw: Isaac throws his opponent to the ground and uses move to crush them.
-Damage: 2% for throwing to ground, 3% twice from being crushed by move. -Opponent bounces slightly after being crushed (more from higher percent.) This gives the opponent the chance to tech the landing, preventing chain grabs.
Forward Throw: Isaac throws his opponent forward and uses move. Move pushes the enemy forwards​
-Damage: 5% from throw, no damage from move. How far move pushes the opponent depends on opponents damage (100% = Final Destination length. 0% = Battlefield platform length.)
-Opponent held above ground by move, bounces on ground after move disappears.
-Isaac must concentrate while move pushes the opponent (though he can move as it's dropping, to allow for tech-chase.) If Isaac's concentration is broken, move will disappear. ^[1]
-Isaac is able to drop Move on his own, but only after 30 frames (half-second.)

Back Throw: Exact same as F-throw, but Isaac throws opponent backwards while turning around.

Up Throw: Isaac uses move to push his enemy upwards, then using catch to crush his opponent.
-Damage: 6% damage when catch crushes the opponent.
-Opponent bounces in mid-air after being crushed.-Isaac must concentrate while move pushes the opponent (though he can move as it's dropping, to allow for tech-chase.) If Isaac's concentration is broken, move will disappear. ^[1]
-Isaac can not intentionally drop move with this attack, as his opponent could dair him easily.

Jab, Dash, & Tilts:
Jab Combo: Isaac swings his sword diagonally downwards (to the left), then horizontally to the right.
-Damage: 3%, then 2%.
-Isaac lacks a "keep attacking" jab combo, like Link has.^[2]

Dash Attack: Isaac's sword lights up (barely), then he moves very quickly forwards for a unleash.
-Damage: 10%
-Very similar to Ike's dash attack, but far cleaner looking. Makes the same sound as Sheik's dash attack.

Forward Tilt: Isaac kicks at his opponent.
-Damage: 6%^[3]
-This attack can be "aimed/angled" like many characters' forward tilts.-It looks like a mixture between Ganondorf and Mario's forward-tilt. Isaac can not put as much strength as Ganondorf can, and he isn't as flexible as Mario. He turns to his side while kicking but does not spin around during not after.^[3]

Up Tilt: Isaac swings his sword overhead.
-Damage: 8%.^[2]
-Speed in between Marth and Link. ^[4]

Down Tilt: Isaac uses spire and drops it down in front of him.
-Damage: 12%^[3]
-As Venus Psynergy, spire is a spike. Spire's range is very limited, though, as in Golden Sun, it only hits 1 target.

Aerials:
*Isaac sucks in the air. His aerials are mostly "improvising with body parts (2 work out well,)" or hoping to get a "dirty attack" in by stabbing with his sword, representing his near helplessness in the air.

Neutral Air: Sex Kick.
-Damage: 8%, normal sex kick mechanics.
-Range somewhere between Link and Young Link, knockback moderately low

Up Air: Isaac stabs his sword upwards, in one swift motion
-Damage: 9%
-Poor range and moderately weak knock, Sends enemies straight up.
-Majority of attack is animation w/o hitboxes

Down Air: Isaac "stomps" downwards.
-Damage: 10%.
-Meteor Smash

Forward Air: Isaac stabs forward with his sword
-Damage: 8%.
-Very small range, weak knockback

Back Air: Isaac thrusts his left elbow behind him.
-Damage: 6%
-Very small range, moderate knockback.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Isaac uses ragnarok and drives the sword in front of him.
-Uncharged damage: 12%
-Fully Charged Damage: 30%
-This attack is pretty slow, so it's best used for edgeguarding or to end combos. Every bit of charging goes a long way.

Up Smash: Isaac uses punji trap and sends his enemies upwards.
-Uncharged Damage: 10% 13% 10%
-Fully Charged Damage: 15% 20% 15%

Down Smash: Isaac uses earthquake. The closer you are to the epicenter (Isaac), the stronger the attack.
-Uncharged Damage: 4% 8% 16% 8% 4%
-Fully Charged Damage: 6% 12% 26% 12% 6%
-Sends opponents downwards, but only works on ground, so meter smashing is extremely rare.

Special Attacks:
Neutral Special: Isaac Sets a Djinn: Flint, Gust, Cannon, Serac.
-These 4 Djinni are the "basic" Djinni that only really do extra damage, to prevent things being too complicated. Flint and Gust are from Golden Sun, with Cannon and Serac from Golden Sun: The Lost Age.
-Press B plus aim a direction on the D-Pad to choose your djinn. Otherwise, it's Earth by default.
-Changes Isaac's stats based on Djinni.
-Flint: +1 weight, +2 Traction, +1 falling speed, making Isaac one of the most stable characters in the game. Adds knockback to his attacks.
-Gust: +2 jump, +2 air-speed, +2 running speed, and -3 falling speed. Gust helps Isaac move easier, especially in the air, but all his attacks suffer both in damage and in knockback.
-Cannon: +2 damage to all attacks below 10 base damage, +3 to all attacks with 10-15 base damage, and +4 to all attacks above 15 base damage. Takes stale moves into account. Slight boost in knockback.
-Serac: -20% lag (both start up and ending) from attacks, making Isaac a more fluid attacker. Decent for early combos & damage building, but a lack of an air-game won't let Isaac take them off-stage for a kill.
-The cost of changing set Djinni while in the air is about half as much cost as changing into Zelda, from Sheik, is in the air. There's still a cost to changing Djinni, but it gives him an okay recovery option.
-Djinni do not add any bonus to stats while in standby

Side Special (no Djinn set): Isaac swings sword vertically down at opponent.
-Damage: 5%. It's not supposed to be used by itself.

Side-Special (Djinn set): Isaac alternates between using a
Djinn, and summoning a "1 djinn" summon.
-Which Djinn he uses depends on which Djinn you set on Isaac.
-After using "Side-Special (1)," a Djinni is on standby, and can be summoned for Side-Special (2).
-Changing Djinni automatically takes away the chance to use Side-Special (2), without using Side-Special (1) for that Djinni again.
-"Side-Special (1)" must successfully hit in order to use Side-Special (2).
-You must use a different Djinni at least once in order to re-use a Djinni, giving the used Djinni a chance to recover
-Just as "Djinn->Summon" is a natural combo in Golden Sun, the lag after using Side-Special (1) is relatively low, allowing you to use Side-Special (2) immediately after. This combo means less at higher percents, as you do less damage & knockback the further an opponent is from you during Side-Special (2)-

Side-Special (1): Isaac attacks (swings sword) with a Djinn powering him up, as he would in the games.
-Flint: Damage: 10%. Sends opponent At a somewhat downwards angle, as a Venus Djinn would. 2nd in Knockback.
-Gust: Damage: 7%. Least damage due to being an opposite element. Sends opponent diagonally upwards. 3rd in Kockback.
-Cannon: Damage: 12%. Most damage due to being fire and compatible. Sends opponents at a somewhat upwards angle. 1st in Knockback.
-Serac: Damage: 8%. Sends opponent directly sideways. 4th in Knockback.

Side-Special (2): Isaac summons a "1 djinn" summon, as he would in the games.
-Flint: Damage: 6%. Has "just barely leaning downwards" trajectory, to prevent it from being OP for edgeguarding. Range isn't that great.
-Gust: Damage: 3%. Sends opponents straight up. Worst to use for edgeguarding. Has the furthest range, though, and the knockback is very little, so it can be great for interrupting difficult recoveries, or for hurting fast-fallers.
-Cannon: Damage: 8%. Holds opponents in place while damaging them. Pretty bad for edgeguarding, but great for racking up damage (Cannon Combo is a whopping 20% damage.)
-Serac: Damage: 4%. Moderate knockback, good range (not great,) and straight backwards. This move is great for edgeguarding.

Down Special: Sand Retreat: Isaac uses synergy to kick up sand and leap backwards.
-Damage: 2%. Always has hitstun, but never knockback. It is used to escape approaches.
-It can be overpowered (such as by Falcon's knee)

Up Special: Isaac uses Teleport.
-Distance is as far as Sheik's recovery when not set on Gust (including sheik's "third jump" animation). When set on Gust, as a jupiter-aligned psynergy, the distances becomes halfway between Sheik's recovery and Zelda's recovery.

Other Info:
-Final Smash: Isaac puts all 4 of his Venus djinni on Standby and uses Judgment
-Get-up Attack: Isaac swings his sword in both directions.
----Damage: 5%
-Ledge Attack (<100%): Isaac hops onto the stage while slashing
-Ledge Attack (100%+): Isaac slowly gets up, and stabs as he's almost up.
----Damage: 4%
-Taunt 1: Isaac looks overhead as all 7 of his djinni spin around over him. (yes, 7.)
-Taunt 2: Isaac's body doesn't change at all, but a smiling bubble appears overhead.
-Taunt 3: Isaac uses Ply and recovers 1% or 2% (2% if damage is 100% or more.)
-Idle: Isaac sheathes his sword, crosses his arms, and a "..." bubble appears over his head.
-Idle2: A random Djinni seemingly tries to escape, and Isaac grabs it.

Thoughts, everyone?

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
Some ideas leeched off the movesets in the OP. Props to those who thought of them.

Playstyle Notes:
1. Isaac is able to do a lot of damage, relatively quickly, but the higher the percent his opponent racks up, the harder it will be for Isaac to kill & damage them. He must use Smash attacks as finishers.
2. Like in the Golden Sun games, the more thought you put into your Djinni, the better you'll do. Just like using Olimar's pikmin professionally in Brawl leads to an extremely powerful Olimar, the same is true for Isaac (but not as much because Isaac is easier to use.)
3. As a Venus adept, Isaac is a mostly grounded character who specializes in using racking up damage with psynergy, and edgeguarding. His aerial game is extremely subpar, and basically all of his stats go against it anyways.
4. Despite being a Venus adept, Isaac is not slow. Isaac is a more moderate speed
5. Many of Isaac's attacks are meteor smashes (though sometimes only working on land,) so often his attacks will put enemies in the air just enough for either an aerial (at higher percents,) or a "Side-Special combo".

Explanatory Notes:
1: As a character who normally fights alongside his team, some of Isaac's moves are easily punishable when facing multiple enemies. He excels in 1-v-1 and in teams (if he has someone to watch his back.)
2: Though handy with a sword, Isaac is not nearly as skilled as Link or Marth, as his specialty is psynergy. Thus, some more skilled sword techniques aren't for him.
3: As a Psynergy user, Isaac's true strength lies in his mind and his powers.
4. Isaac's sword is longer than Young/Toon Link's, but shorter than Link's.
5. Since Golden Sun games show how much damage will be done in a specific position, Isaac's moveset will replicate it (and this list will show it.)

Possible Character Stats:
Size: 5 (same as Brawl)
Weight: 6 (Earth + armor + sword)
Speed: 6. He's not fast, but all that travelling has done wonders for his movement speed. He's a little above average.
Air Speed: 3. He sucks in the air.
Fall Speed: 7. He's Earth, and wants to fall. Unfortunately, being more than 7 would ruin recovery options for him.
Jumps: 4 and 4. He likes being on the ground. His mid-air jump isn't atrocious because otherwise, he simply would have no luck recovering.
Traction: 8. He's all about staying grounded, and his natural bond with the Earth keeps him glued.

Throws: 5. His throws are never terrible, but he "moves" opponents, rather than throws. No momentum leads to it not being as great as it could be. He has a pretty easy time grabbing, though.
Ground Game: 9. Amazing ground game.
Air Game: 3. His air-game is pretty bad.
Recovery: 4 or 7. His recovery can be good, with quick fingers setting Djinni, by unless he's on a Jupiter Djinni, his recovery is subpar.

Possible Moveset:

Grabs & Throws:
*Isaac's grabs & throws relate to the psynergy moves "catch" and "move."

Grab1: In normal range, Isaac will grab the opponent like any other character would.

Grab2: Outside normal range, Isaac will use catch to grab an opponent (up to twice the range.) Like Samus in Melee, holding a button can make catch go to the opponent, but if using this technique, it becomes "normal range." Failed-grab lag is about the same as a failed Yoshi (running) grab.

Pummel: Basic pummel, kneeing or punching or whacking with sword, or etc.

Down Throw: Isaac throws his opponent to the ground and uses move to crush them.
-Damage: 2% for throwing to ground, 3% twice from being crushed by move. -Opponent bounces slightly after being crushed (more from higher percent.) This gives the opponent the chance to tech the landing, preventing chain grabs.
Forward Throw: Isaac throws his opponent forward and uses move. Move pushes the enemy forwards​
-Damage: 5% from throw, no damage from move. How far move pushes the opponent depends on opponents damage (100% = Final Destination length. 0% = Battlefield platform length.)
-Opponent held above ground by move, bounces on ground after move disappears.
-Isaac must concentrate while move pushes the opponent (though he can move as it's dropping, to allow for tech-chase.) If Isaac's concentration is broken, move will disappear. ^[1]
-Isaac is able to drop Move on his own, but only after 30 frames (half-second.)

Back Throw: Exact same as F-throw, but Isaac throws opponent backwards while turning around.

Up Throw: Isaac uses move to push his enemy upwards, then using catch to crush his opponent.
-Damage: 6% damage when catch crushes the opponent.
-Opponent bounces in mid-air after being crushed.-Isaac must concentrate while move pushes the opponent (though he can move as it's dropping, to allow for tech-chase.) If Isaac's concentration is broken, move will disappear. ^[1]
-Isaac can not intentionally drop move with this attack, as his opponent could dair him easily.

Jab, Dash, & Tilts:
Jab Combo: Isaac swings his sword diagonally downwards (to the left), then horizontally to the right.
-Damage: 3%, then 2%.
-Isaac lacks a "keep attacking" jab combo, like Link has.^[2]

Dash Attack: Isaac's sword lights up (barely), then he moves very quickly forwards for a unleash.
-Damage: 10%
-Very similar to Ike's dash attack, but far cleaner looking. Makes the same sound as Sheik's dash attack.

Forward Tilt: Isaac kicks at his opponent.
-Damage: 6%^[3]
-This attack can be "aimed/angled" like many characters' forward tilts.-It looks like a mixture between Ganondorf and Mario's forward-tilt. Isaac can not put as much strength as Ganondorf can, and he isn't as flexible as Mario. He turns to his side while kicking but does not spin around during not after.^[3]

Up Tilt: Isaac swings his sword overhead.
-Damage: 8%.^[2]
-Speed in between Marth and Link. ^[4]

Down Tilt: Isaac uses spire and drops it down in front of him.
-Damage: 12%^[3]
-As Venus Psynergy, spire is a spike. Spire's range is very limited, though, as in Golden Sun, it only hits 1 target.

Aerials:
*Isaac sucks in the air. His aerials are mostly "improvising with body parts (2 work out well,)" or hoping to get a "dirty attack" in by stabbing with his sword, representing his near helplessness in the air.

Neutral Air: Sex Kick.
-Damage: 8%, normal sex kick mechanics.
-Range somewhere between Link and Young Link, knockback moderately low

Up Air: Isaac stabs his sword upwards, in one swift motion
-Damage: 9%
-Poor range and moderately weak knock, Sends enemies straight up.
-Majority of attack is animation w/o hitboxes

Down Air: Isaac "stomps" downwards.
-Damage: 10%.
-Meteor Smash

Forward Air: Isaac stabs forward with his sword
-Damage: 8%.
-Very small range, weak knockback

Back Air: Isaac thrusts his left elbow behind him.
-Damage: 6%
-Very small range, moderate knockback.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Isaac uses ragnarok and drives the sword in front of him.
-Uncharged damage: 12%
-Fully Charged Damage: 30%
-This attack is pretty slow, so it's best used for edgeguarding or to end combos. Every bit of charging goes a long way.

Up Smash: Isaac uses punji trap and sends his enemies upwards.
-Uncharged Damage: 10% 13% 10%
-Fully Charged Damage: 15% 20% 15%

Down Smash: Isaac uses earthquake. The closer you are to the epicenter (Isaac), the stronger the attack.
-Uncharged Damage: 4% 8% 16% 8% 4%
-Fully Charged Damage: 6% 12% 26% 12% 6%
-Sends opponents downwards, but only works on ground, so meter smashing is extremely rare.

Special Attacks:
Neutral Special: Isaac Sets a Djinn: Flint, Gust, Cannon, Serac.
-These 4 Djinni are the "basic" Djinni that only really do extra damage, to prevent things being too complicated. Flint and Gust are from Golden Sun, with Cannon and Serac from Golden Sun: The Lost Age.
-Press B plus aim a direction on the D-Pad to choose your djinn. Otherwise, it's Earth by default.
-Changes Isaac's stats based on Djinni.
-Flint: +1 weight, +2 Traction, +1 falling speed, making Isaac one of the most stable characters in the game. Adds knockback to his attacks.
-Gust: +2 jump, +2 air-speed, +2 running speed, and -3 falling speed. Gust helps Isaac move easier, especially in the air, but all his attacks suffer both in damage and in knockback.
-Cannon: +2 damage to all attacks below 10 base damage, +3 to all attacks with 10-15 base damage, and +4 to all attacks above 15 base damage. Takes stale moves into account. Slight boost in knockback.
-Serac: -20% lag (both start up and ending) from attacks, making Isaac a more fluid attacker. Decent for early combos & damage building, but a lack of an air-game won't let Isaac take them off-stage for a kill.
-The cost of changing set Djinni while in the air is about half as much cost as changing into Zelda, from Sheik, is in the air. There's still a cost to changing Djinni, but it gives him an okay recovery option.
-Djinni do not add any bonus to stats while in standby

Side Special: Isaac alternates between using a Djinn, and summoning a "1 djinn" summon.
-Which Djinn he uses depends on which Djinn you set on Isaac.
-After using "Side-Special (1)," a Djinni is on standby, and can be summoned for Side-Special (2).
-Changing Djinni automatically takes away the chance to use Side-Special (2), without using Side-Special (1) for that Djinni again.
-"Side-Special (1)" must successfully hit in order to use Side-Special (2).
-You must use a different Djinni at least once in order to re-use a Djinni, giving the used Djinni a chance to recover
-Just as "Djinn->Summon" is a natural combo in Golden Sun, the lag after using Side-Special (1) is relatively low, allowing you to use Side-Special (2) immediately after. This combo means less at higher percents, as you do less damage & knockback the further an opponent is from you during Side-Special (2)-

Side-Special (1): Isaac attacks with a Djinn, as he would in the games.
-Flint: Damage: 10%. Sends opponent At a somewhat downwards angle, as a Venus Djinn would. 2nd in Knockback.
-Gust: Damage: 7%. Least damage due to being an opposite element. Sends opponent diagonally upwards. 3rd in Kockback.
-Cannon: Damage: 12%. Most damage due to being fire and compatible. Sends opponents at a somewhat upwards angle. 1st in Knockback.
-Serac: Damage: 8%. Sends opponent directly sideways. 4th in Knockback.

Side-Special (2): Isaac summons a "1 djinn" summon, as he would in the games.
-Flint: Damage: 6%. Has "just barely leaning downwards" trajectory, to prevent it from being OP for edgeguarding. Range isn't that great.
-Gust: Damage: 3%. Sends opponents straight up. Worst to use for edgeguarding. Has the furthest range, though, and the knockback is very little, so it can be great for interrupting difficult recoveries, or for hurting fast-fallers.
-Cannon: Damage: 8%. Holds opponents in place while damaging them. Pretty bad for edgeguarding, but great for racking up damage (Cannon Combo is a whopping 20% damage.)
-Serac: Damage: 4%. Moderate knockback, good range (not great,) and straight backwards. This move is great for edgeguarding.

Down Special: Sand Retreat: Isaac uses synergy to kick up sand and leap backwards.
-Damage: 2%. Always has hitstun, but never knockback. It is used to escape approaches.
-It can be overpowered (such as by Falcon's knee)

Up Special: Isaac uses Teleport.
-Distance is as far as Sheik's recovery when not set on Gust (including sheik's "third jump" animation). When set on Gust, as a jupiter-aligned psynergy, the distances becomes halfway between Sheik's recovery and Zelda's recovery.

Other Info:
-Final Smash: Isaac puts all 4 of his Venus djinni on Standby and uses Judgment
-Get-up Attack: Isaac swings his sword in both directions.
-Ledge Attack (<100%): Isaac hops onto the stage while slashing
-Ledge Attack (100%+): Isaac slowly gets up, and stabs as he's almost up.
----Damage: 4%
-Taunt 1: Isaac looks overhead as all 7 of his djinni spin around over him. (yes, 7.)
-Taunt 2: Isaac's body doesn't change at all, but a smiling bubble appears overhead.
-Taunt 3: Isaac uses Ply and recovers 1% or 2% (2% if damage is 100% or more.)
-Idle: Isaac sheathes his sword, crosses his arms, and a "..." bubble appears over his head.
-Idle2: A random Djinni seemingly tries to escape, and Isaac grabs it.

Thoughts, everyone?
Mfw saw the same set in /vg/ 2 weeks ago. :/ why. Not here to agree just point it out

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Mfw saw the same set in /vg/ 2 weeks ago. :/ why. Not here to agree just point it out

That'd be quite miraculous. I don't visit virus-chan, and made that up in the time frame between my post (a few above) and the time that thing was done with editing.

Also, you mention Megaman taking away from Djinn aspects, but I don't agree. With Megaman, Kirby, Isaac, and Olimar.

Kirby steals a character's "signature move."
Megaman has an array of attacks from various costumes/etc, that he can use whenever he wants, spread throughout his entire moveset.
Olimar uses different colored Pikmin and, using the same attacks each time, adds on different effects based on the Pikmin.
Isaac would have to specifically choose a Djinni to set, physically set it, and it would alter some of his technical aspects (like running speed.) The only attack that actually changes would be the side-special.

I think all 4 are different enough from each other.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
That'd be quite miraculous. I don't visit virus-chan, and made that up in the time frame between my post (a few above) and the time that thing was done with editing.

Also, you mention Megaman taking away from Djinn aspects, but I don't agree. With Megaman, Kirby, Isaac, and Olimar.

Kirby steals a character's "signature move."
Megaman has an array of attacks from various costumes/etc, that he can use whenever he wants, spread throughout his entire moveset.
Olimar uses different colored Pikmin and, using the same attacks each time, adds on different effects based on the Pikmin.
Isaac would have to specifically choose a Djinni to set, physically set it, and it would alter some of his technical aspects (like running speed.) The only attack that actually changes would be the side-special.

I think all 4 are different enough from each other.
Hey I said I wasn't here to argue. Just point out that it was crazy the same moves but posted in a different order. Maybe you posted it or something . Or you think the same as that anon.

DonutFinder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theonlyisaac
3DS FC
0533-6566-7593
Hey I said I wasn't here to argue. Just point out that it was crazy the same moves but posted in a different order. Maybe you posted it or something . Or you think the same as that anon.
Maybe we shouldn't raid this thread with this argument from before. Message me if you want to argue bro. :3

D

Deleted member

-snip-

*epic moveset lies here*

I like it bro, you should post this on "Make Your Move."

It reminds me a lot of Zappa from Guilty Gear:

I've never played GS, so idk how the Isaac fans might like it, but as a fighting game concept, that's a solid set. It reminds me a lot of this concept I had for this original character, where it was this indian girl, who'd fight using animal spirits, who would change her fighting style depending on the spirit she had "summoned" at that moment.

Awesome set though man.

C'mon man, give credit where it's due, that was pretty badass. It's possible someone on /vg/ was a fan of GG and thought of something similar, but that set was still pretty boss.

Also, snip your quotes so you don't flood the thread with walls of text.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I like it bro, you should post this on "Make Your Move."

It reminds me a lot of Zappa from Guilty Gear:

I've never played GS, so idk how the Isaac fans might like it, but as a fighting game concept, that's a solid set. It reminds me a lot of this concept I had for this original character, where it was this indian girl, who'd fight using animal spirits, who would change her fighting style depending on the spirit she had "summoned" at that moment.

Awesome set though man.

It's not that radical a change. What happens in Golden Sun is that you have these Djinni element "spirits." You "set" these djinni on a character, which does two things for you.
1. It gives you some stat boosts based on the Djinni. Mercury djinni will usually give you more hp and "pp," with Jupiter Djinni giving more wind, etc. That's why I said that Mercury (water) djinni lowers your lag, making you more fluid and more masterful (kinda like how you can use more "psynergy moves" with more pp, being more masterful) and the Jupiter (wind) Djinni increases mobility, especially in air.
2. It allows you to use them to power up your attacks. It gets more complicated in Golden Sun, but I chose the basic ones that just do the basic "Makes your attack stronger."

After they are used like this, they are on "Standby." Think of it as, by using them, their power is unleashed, and they can do bigger and better things. More djinni of the same element allows you to summon stronger summons. The maximum (in Golden Sun 1, maybe 2) is 4, which allows you to do the biggest of the biggest. For Venus (Earth,) it's Judgment (obvious Final Smash.) More importantly, having just 1 Djinni on "standby" allows you to summon what is more-or-less the "basic elements" themselves. EX: For the Mercury (water) Djinni, the attack is basically a mercury djinni causing a bunch of water to shoot at the opponent.

In the Golden Sun games, people set a Djinni onto a character, use that djinni to power up an attack, then use that djinni again to unleash the a level 1 summon (basically the elements.) Then, after a minute, your Djinni is set back on to you (it needs time to recover.)

In Golden Sun:

1. Set a fire and a water djinni on yourself.
2. Walk around and encounter enemy.
3. Use fire djinni to power up normal attack.
3.5. Enemy dead.
4. Walk around and encounter enemy.
5. Use "unlocked" fire djinni to "summon fire" against enemy.
5.5 Enemy dead.
5.5b. Exhausted Fire Djinni must rest.
6. Walk around and encounter enemy.
7. Use water djinni to power up normal attack.
7.5 Enemy lives, enemy attacks)
8. Round 2: Use "unlocked" water djinni to "summon water" against enemy.
8.5. Enemy dies.
8.5b Water djinni needs to rest.
8.5c: Fire djinni is ready to be used again.
9: Go to step 2.

Now let's translate it to Smash Bros. Isaac wants to destroy falco on final destination
1. "Choose" fire djinni.
2. Side special w/ fire djinni (powered up slash, basically)
3. Special side special w/ "unlocked" fire djinni (throws fire at enemy.)
3.5 (some distance has been achieved, but not much. Lotsa damage though. Fire = more damage.)
3.5b. Fire djinni needs to rest. Can't use it again.
4. "Choose" water djinni.
5. Side special w/ water djinni
6. Special side special w/ "unlocked" water djinni (similar to Mario's FLUDD but with damage.)
6.5. Noob falco that never moves is dead.
6.5b Water djinni needs to rest.
6.5c Fire djinni ready to be used again. (technically would happen around 5.5)
7. Choose a Djinni.

With my moveset, you do have the choice to choose a new djinni at any time, but a used djinni can only be reused after you have used another djinni (only first side special is necessary, 2nd is just "why not, you unlocked it. It has great range!")

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I saw this idea in an older forum didn't really like it much. Cause it would be too much of what mega man is ATM, if they didn't add mega man I'd be open for the concept, but because they did I'm not really open for it. It's be seen by others as a copy of mega man sadly.
That's not what Mega Man does at the moment. Mega Man just has mix of his weapons he received in his 10 games. There is no switching element to Mega Man right now, and probably not in the final game either. So I don't see how anyone will connect it to Mega Man.

This is the special moveset I have for Matthew and shows how I would use the djinn system in Smash.
Neutral: Djinn Equip
Isaac uses a Djinn and cycles between one of four Djinn. At the start of battle, Isaac will start with a Venus Djinn, and then cycle to Mars, then Jupiter, then Mercury. Each Djinn will give Isaac different properties while fighting:
Venus Djinn (Flint) makes Isaac slightly harder to knock off the stage, and gives him Spire and Gaia.
Mars Djinn (Torch) makes his attacks slightly stronger with knock out, and gives him Fireball and Planet Diver.
Jupiter Djinn (Swift) makes Isaac have a slightly greater jump and makes him more floaty, and give him Astral Blast and Gale.
Mercury (Chill) makes his attacks do slightly more damage gives him Cutting Edge and Froth Sphere.
You cannot cancel a djinn equip. If an opponent hits you before the equip is completed, you have to use the move again in order to switch.

Forward: Psyenergy Strike
Depending on what Djinn is equipped, Isaac will use the corresponding Psyenergy. His default Djinn is Venus.
Venus Psyenergy: Spire - Rocks appear in front of Isaac and fall down, striking his opponents. This move does the most damage out of the four.
Mars Psyenergy: Fireball - Isaac shoots a fire ball out of his hand. It exploded upon impact and has the most range, as it can go across the entire stage.
Jupiter Psyenergy: Astral Blast -Isaac shoots stars in front of him. Has the most knock back.
Mercury Psyenergy: Cutting Edge - Isaac shoots water blades that strike his opponent. The fastest out of the four.

Up: Psyenergy Recovery
Venus Psyenergy: Gaia
Isaac unleashes a rising of rocks below him. He rides one of the rocks for recovery.
Mars Psyenergy: Planet Diver
Isaac jumps into the air with fire energy, and crashes to the ground at a 45 degree angle.
Jupiter Psyenergy: Gale
Isaac unleashes a tornado underneath himself, and ride the tornado for safety.
Mercury Psyenergy: Froth Sphere
Isaac unleashes a Froth Sphere around him, giving him a boost and damaging opponent around him.

Down: Djinn Strike:
Venus: Flint. Isaac uses a cleaving Earth strike that has knockout power. His most powerful non-smash attack.
Mars Djinn: Torch. Isaac uses a fire blast.
Jupiter Djinn. Swift. Isaac unleashes the fastest attack in the game. It doesn't have knock out, but it is faster than any other move.
Mercury: Chill. The djinn strikes the opponent and they must be facing the Djinn. Tf this move is used successful, the opponent is put in a short stunned state. It can knock out opponents who are dizzy due to stunned shield.

Not really anything like in the game currently. And other than the stat boosts, it doesn't change any of the A attacks, Smash Attacks, etc.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
That's not what Mega Man does at the moment. Mega Man just has mix of his weapons he received in his 10 games. There is no switching element to Mega Man right now, and probably not in the final game either. So I don't see how anyone will connect it to Mega Man.

This is the special moveset I have for Matthew and shows how I would use the djinn system in Smash.
Neutral: Djinn Equip
Isaac uses a Djinn and cycles between one of four Djinn. At the start of battle, Isaac will start with a Venus Djinn, and then cycle to Mars, then Jupiter, then Mercury. Each Djinn will give Isaac different properties while fighting:
Venus Djinn (Flint) makes Isaac slightly harder to knock off the stage, and gives him Spire and Gaia.
Mars Djinn (Torch) makes his attacks slightly stronger with knock out, and gives him Fireball and Planet Diver.
Jupiter Djinn (Swift) makes Isaac have a slightly greater jump and makes him more floaty, and give him Astral Blast and Gale.
Mercury (Chill) makes his attacks do slightly more damage gives him Cutting Edge and Froth Sphere.
You cannot cancel a djinn equip. If an opponent hits you before the equip is completed, you have to use the move again in order to switch.

Forward: Psyenergy Strike
Depending on what Djinn is equipped, Isaac will use the corresponding Psyenergy. His default Djinn is Venus.
Venus Psyenergy: Spire - Rocks appear in front of Isaac and fall down, striking his opponents. This move does the most damage out of the four.
Mars Psyenergy: Fireball - Isaac shoots a fire ball out of his hand. It exploded upon impact and has the most range, as it can go across the entire stage.
Jupiter Psyenergy: Astral Blast -Isaac shoots stars in front of him. Has the most knock back.
Mercury Psyenergy: Cutting Edge - Isaac shoots water blades that strike his opponent. The fastest out of the four.

Up: Psyenergy Recovery
Venus Psyenergy: Gaia
Isaac unleashes a rising of rocks below him. He rides one of the rocks for recovery.
Mars Psyenergy: Planet Diver
Isaac jumps into the air with fire energy, and crashes to the ground at a 45 degree angle.
Jupiter Psyenergy: Gale
Isaac unleashes a tornado underneath himself, and ride the tornado for safety.
Mercury Psyenergy: Froth Sphere
Isaac unleashes a Froth Sphere around him, giving him a boost and damaging opponent around him.

Down: Djinn Strike:
Venus: Flint. Isaac uses a cleaving Earth strike that has knockout power. His most powerful non-smash attack.
Mars Djinn: Torch. Isaac uses a fire blast.
Jupiter Djinn. Swift. Isaac unleashes the fastest attack in the game. It doesn't have knock out, but it is faster than any other move.
Mercury: Chill. The djinn strikes the opponent and they must be facing the Djinn. Tf this move is used successful, the opponent is put in a short stunned state. It can knock out opponents who are dizzy due to stunned shield.

Not really anything like in the game currently. And other than the stat boosts, it doesn't change any of the A attacks, Smash Attacks, etc.

I like it. The only thing I can think of about it, though, is that it's sure a lot of coding for one character. That's why I opted to only have 1 attack change based on djinni. :o

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I like it. The only thing I can think of about it, though, is that it's sure a lot of coding for one character. That's why I opted to only have 1 attack change based on djinni. :o
I feel like it has to be more than just one attack to justify using it in battle, but that's just me. I limited it to just four to limit the coding. His smash attacks would be utility moves rather than smashes so that it makes a little more sense that they stay the same in between attacks. And we are getting less characters anyway. Maybe because it's because programming heavy characters like Isaac.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Truth be told, I'm a fan of Golden Sun. But I can't help but feeling a bit underwhelmed at the thought of a pretty basic Isaac if he were playable.

I'd love for him to be a complex character to use, and Djinni based attribute changes sound awesome to me.
Sakurai isn't focusing on characters this time around (at least it doesn't sound like he's interested in QUANTITY but in QUALITY).

I'd have Isaac play around between the usual 4 elements of Psyenergy, and when he "syncs" with that elements, his attributes change (Weight, Speed, Jump, Knockback power, Attack power, etc) Or something along those lines. Never forgetting, of course, that his base element is Earth.

I'd love it if he had a fun gimmick to use and master. And I know there's potential for him. :)

Altais

Smash Champion
Are there any Golden Sun related dates in which Isaac could be revealed in (if he is in this game)?
The first Golden Sun was released in Japan on 1 August 2001. Golden Sun: The Lost Age was released in Japan on 28 June 2002. And, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was released in Japan on 28 October 2010.

August has already passed this year, so that eliminates the first possible reveal date, unless Smash 4 comes out after 1 August next year. June has also passed this year, so that is also eliminated, unless Smash 4 comes out after 28 June next year. The only Golden Sun release date that has not yet passed this year is that of Dark Dawn--so it is possible Isaac could be revealed on Monday, 28 October this year, though I am not going to get mine hopes up.

Oh, and the reason why I only specified Japanese release dates is because all other character reveals have also been based on Japanese releases.

Top Bottom