• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Has anyone done a potential Snake codec or Palutena's Guidance conversation with Isaac yet?
I did and I think it is around page 218.

Uh...I just read an interview with Sakurai that confirmed they weren't working on any dlc characters beyond Mewtwo right now. Although it also confirmed that adding more dlc characters is something they'd have to think carefully about. At the very least he doesn't seem opposed to adding more characters.

Do you think this forum is going to be closed again because of that interview?

(If you want to read it, the smash bros subreddit should have a link. Probably on one of first few pages)
Sakurai loves secretism and to impress fans, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually working on more DLC characters right now and the total absence of Isaac is still pretty suspicious, so what I hope is that the guys at Project M release Isaac for PAL, I download it, then Sakurai reveals Isaac as a DLC newcomer, Project M removes Isaac and then I have Isaac in all 3 Smashes (SSB4, Project M and SSF2).

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Wouldn't it be cool if his Splash Art was "Isaac 'Moves' the Competition!"

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Sakurai loves secretism and to impress fans, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is actually working on more DLC characters right now and the total absence of Isaac is still pretty suspicious, so what I hope is that the guys at Project M release Isaac for PAL, I download it, then Sakurai reveals Isaac as a DLC newcomer, Project M removes Isaac and then I have Isaac in all 3 Smashes (SSB4, Project M and SSF2).
I don't think they'll remove Isaac after he's added, I just think they'd not finish him if Isaac was announced before he was finished.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?

Wait please clarify, how do you know that P:M and SSF2 would consider adding him?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Because Golden Sun's Peak is gone that is why I say that Xenbolade Chronicles is bigger than it is, Golden Sun has been around longer, but Xenoblade has more moving power right now.

Having two awesome JRPGs would be awesome. The more Franchises helping Nintendo the better.
Just because GS has lost some popularity doesn't mean it has lost its past sales. It is still bigger than Xenoblade.

Months ago he said the same thing. I don't buy it, though its possible (POSSIBLE) this subforum could get closed, but I don't think so. The thing is, he did say that DLC was a possibility.
Yea Nintendo has made tons of conflicting statements itself. DLC is now a thing and I doubt Nintendo will back off now. After all Smash is Nintendo's game, Sakurai is just the head of development.

They had also said they won't be releasing a revision for 3DS (N3DS now) and that a price cut of Wii U won't happen (it did happen).

As far as I had heard in this very thread, Nintendo WANTED Camelot to continue GS after GS2 and Camelot were hesitant, focusing on sports games instead. Its probably the same situation now.
Yea Nintendo and Camelot are both to blame for GS's current situation. Camelot was hesitant before and Nintendo is hesitant now. So far.

Wait please clarify, how do you know that P:M and SSF2 would consider adding him?
Project M team is already working on Isaac.

Edit: He got a trailer for SSF2 and is being added.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
SSF2 ALREADY added him. And Isaac was leaked for Project: M, though they've had problems with leaks in the past. Originally Sami got leaked, and they supposedly "cut" her because of the leak. I don't think they'll do that in this case, though.

Yea Nintendo has made tons of conflicting statements itself. DLC is now a thing and I doubt Nintendo will back off now. After all Smash is Nintendo's game, Sakurai is just the head of development.

They had also said they won't be releasing a revision for 3DS (N3DS now) and that a price cut of Wii U won't happen (it did happen).
Someone else brought up a good point in a group chat I'm in. Sakurai is probably trying to dance around the subject of DLC right now because he doesn't want to imply that DLC was planned before release, and so it doesn't seem like content from the game was cut to be sold separately later. I don't expect a DLC announcement until February at least, which I've stated elsewhere before.

Last edited:

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Well they didn't really do it in the first place, Sami is still on track to be released according to the leak.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Isaac got confirmed for SSF2, however, he still hasn't been released.

Here's the video:

Also, I've been reading this leak (confirmed fake unfortunately) and I liked his idea about Isaac being fast and having Flint for his main and the other Elemental Djinn for his customs. I would see Isaac as a fast and strong magical swordfighter, just like his Golden Sun base stats.

Edit: Here's the link (posted already in the page before): http://ssb4dojo.com/post/98996008721/rumor-mill-4chan-23

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait who's Sami? You mean Saki Amamiya? She's a guy..
http://advancewars.wikia.com/wiki/Sami

This is Sami. She's one of the three main Commanding Officers (CO's) from Advance Wars 1+2, and is the most popular of the three. Andy is generally considered to be the "main" one, and he is in AW1, but Sami is equal to him in AW2, and Andy's not even in Dual Strike at all (except in extra modes) while Sami is.

I know who Saki is.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
As I said, she was "supposedly" cut.
Right. Just clearing it up, you didn't say they didn't actually cut her or anything.

And I don't think they can pull the same thing again, people won't believe them. They can either actually scrap the characters this time, which I doubt they'll do considering all the work that's gone into them, or they can just bite the bullet and deal with the fact that people know. I mean, it's whatever. They fancy this whole thing as more serious than it is. They're doing a good job, but they're only hacking a game for Pete's sake.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Camelot needs to work harder, they have an awesome franchise and they aren't using it correctly, Golden Sun 4 on the 3DS would be epic. Golden Sun needs more exposure and Isaac needs to be in Smash 4.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Oh her. Man I was hoping you misspelled Saki...oh well! Anyway about Isaac in P:M. How can they add him? Isn't ripping Assist Trophy or Trophy models close to impossible? Assuming they won't start from scratch on a model for him..

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I reckon a fair bit of the staff from Camelot's RPG days have left the company at this point. I think they'll have an uphill battle returning to their former RPG glory, but I hope they manage to do it, because another so-so GS game could definitely make for the end of the series.

Oh her. Man I was hoping you misspelled Saki...oh well! Anyway about Isaac in P:M. How can they add him? Isn't ripping Assist Trophy or Trophy models close to impossible? Assuming they won't start from scratch on a model for him..
Apparently not. They're also doing it for Lyn. Possibly Ridley too.

Ofc they'll have been touched up some.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I reckon a fair bit of the staff from Camelot's RPG days have left the company at this point. I think they'll have an uphill battle returning to their former RPG glory, but I hope they manage to do it, because another so-so GS game could definitely make for the end of the series.

Apparently not. They're also doing it for Lyn. Possibly Ridley too.

Ofc they'll have been touched up some.
Lyn really? That's good. It would be awesome if I had a match with Isaac, Saki, Shadow, and Lyn. Idk why but its all i want. And their Aasist trophy models don't need to be touched up at all, they're perfect the way they are, dont you think all 4 fit in perfectly?

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Lyn really? That's good. It would be awesome if I had a match with Isaac, Saki, Shadow, and Lyn. Idk why but its all i want. And their Aasist trophy models don't need to be touched up at all, they're perfect the way they are, dont you think all 4 fit in perfectly?
The characters do but the AT models are lower quality than the character models, so if they want to look comparable they'd have to be touched up a bit.

And you're getting Knuckles, not Shadow. Isaac, Lyn, Knuckles, and Sami. Maybe Ridley.

Unless the PM team changes their plans.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And that is probably why we don't get Camelot RPGs now. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn was a good attempt but not awesome enough. I miss those days when we had an RPG like storyline in Mario Tennis and Mario Golf. I loved Mario Tennis: Power Tour!

Nintendo will definitely need to help out Camelot to make Golden Sun the next big thing. And Monolith Soft has great experiences with RPGs so you can't go wrong with their help.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I wonder what voice they'll end up using for Isaac or any of them really. Pit's Brawl Japanese voice actor sounds very similar to Isaac's Japanese voice actor..

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Since Sakurai basically said we aren't getting DLC besides Mewtwo for a long while, would Isaac being an assist trophy mean he can never be DLC? Theoretically, a patch can remove Isaac as an assist trophy (or remodel Isaac into Matthew) and then Isaac gets to be DLC? Sure, this sounds unnecessarily complicated, but it seems like something Nintendo and Sakurai would do especially if planned DLC characters aren't decided yet.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I wonder what voice they'll end up using for Isaac or any of them really. Pit's Brawl Japanese voice actor sounds very similar to Isaac's Japanese voice actor..
In Brawl the only thing Isaac said was "Move".

Pit was voiced by the Japanese voice actress Minami Takayama where Isaac was "voiced" (one word) by the VA Aya Hara.

I am not sure how would Isaac sound. He was a silent protagonist in the first whereas he did talk in the 2nd and 3rd games.

Since Sakurai basically said we aren't getting DLC besides Mewtwo for a long while, would Isaac being an assist trophy mean he can never be DLC? Theoretically, a patch can remove Isaac as an assist trophy (or remodel Isaac into Matthew) and then Isaac gets to be DLC? Sure, this sounds unnecessarily complicated, but it seems like something Nintendo and Sakurai would do especially if planned DLC characters aren't decided yet.
4 words.

"I don't trust Sakurai."

They are not going to spend months on Mewtwo alone that is for sure.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm sure they've got a list of DLC characters they are considering adding already. Its just a matter of "we have to determine if its worthwhile yet," which honestly I'm positive can and will happen.

4 words.

"I don't trust Sakurai."

They are not going to spend months on Mewtwo alone that is for sure.
Agreed.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I'm just saying it's entirely reasonable to not expect any other character besides Mewtwo in Spring 2014. Isaac or any other character can come later like late summer, fall, or maybe exactly one year away from Smash Wii U's release date.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm just saying it's entirely reasonable to not expect any other character besides Mewtwo in Spring 2014. Isaac or any other character can come later like late summer, fall, or maybe exactly one year away from Smash Wii U's release date.
I disagree, I think its very possible for Sakurai to work on a couple other characters for Spring. If they're returning vets or semiclones, they could probably be completed to coincide with Mewtwo. On the other hand, it is possible they might wait for Mewtwo to be released as full DLC before releasing characters, so I can see that as a possibility as well. Maybe announce an expansion pack at E3.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't take half a year to develop one character and only one character, otherwise we'd still be quite a ways off from the game releasing.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Sakurai did directly specify "paid" DLC. So Isaac confirmed for tie-in promotional character for those who purchase Golden Sun 4? Please?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It doesn't take half a year to develop one character and only one character, otherwise we'd still be quite a ways off from the game releasing.
Well, there is a specific point where if you put too many people on one thing it becomes a convoluted mess. I could see it being plausible, but I highly doubt they'd keep the team together that long just for one character.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai did directly specify "paid" DLC.
Really? When was that?

So Isaac confirmed for tie-in promotional character for those who purchase Golden Sun 4? Please?
I have a hard time picturing GS4 releasing around the same time as the Smash DLC to be honest. RPGs take a lot more time to develop than sports games. Camelot didn't put anything out a full two years before DD released, excluding a New Play Control version of their tennis game. And as it stands now they just had the golf game release earlier this year.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Really? When was that?

I have a hard time picturing GS4 releasing around the same time as the Smash DLC to be honest. RPGs take a lot more time to develop than sports games. Camelot didn't put anything out a full two years before DD released, excluding a New Play Control version of their tennis game. And as it stands now they just had the golf game release earlier this year.
Agreed, but they could do a promotional for GS after its announced. If GS4 is in development, it would likely be announced by E3. However, the game could possibly be a bit quicker, because they may have done some work on it on-and-off before, and they may have some help from another developer. GS4 would probably be a 2016 release if its in development now.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Sakurai did directly specify "paid" DLC.
Yup. He specifically mentioned the word "paid".

Now that would be extra cool, getting characters as promotion rather than paying for them. It would really increase the number of people who would get the DLC! So if Isaac is included, everyone can enjoy his awesomeness!

Plus the advertising for GS4 :)

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, but they could do a promotional for GS after its announced. If GS4 is in development, it would likely be announced by E3. However, the game could possibly be a bit quicker, because they may have done some work on it on-and-off before, and they may have some help from another developer. GS4 would probably be a 2016 release if its in development now.
Yeah that seems possible if not kind of a stretch.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
And if Golden Sun 4 becomes the best GS game ever (which I hope it does when it gets announced), then it woud make up for Dark Dawn's cliffhanger (I loved Dark Dawn, but the ending was terrible).

Also, if it its good sales, than Camelot may do a remake of the original two games to the 3DS with awesome 3D graphics.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I really really really wouldn't be surprised if the GS VC releases were used to gauge potential interest in furthering the series.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I can't see unpaid DLC happening unless it was as a preorder bonus for other games. In Mewtwo's case, "get both Smash 3DS and Wii U and get Mewtwo!" In a case like Dixie and K. Rool, "preorder this new DK game featuring both characters and get them for Smash!" Isaac, "preorder GS4 and get Isaac in Smash!"

The only problem with GS4 is that would require DLC up to two years out. Which could be possible. More likely, it'd probably be paid DLC featuring Isaac and if you later preorder GS4, if you didn't buy Isaac already you can get him free.

However, him saying "paid" DLC could mean they had some other leftover characters they are finishing up post-release other than Mewtwo (I honestly believe there were more than Mewtwo and IC's), and maybe they're unlocked in the same way you get Mewtwo. By him saying "paid" DLC, all it means is, at this point in time, no "paid" DLC is planned, but free or bonus DLC could be in the works. However, it doesn't mean "paid" DLC cannot happen later.

And if Golden Sun 4 becomes the best GS game ever (which I hope it does when it gets announced), then it woud make up for Dark Dawn's cliffhanger (I loved Dark Dawn, but the ending was terrible).

Also, if it its good sales, than Camelot may do a remake of the original two games to the 3DS with awesome 3D graphics.
All they need to do is market it properly like with Fire Emblem: Awakening. Do that and it will sell well. And they do need to make it better than GS3.

However, I would not want GS1/2 remade. We've already got re-releases, I'd rather focus on making fully new games.

I really really really wouldn't be surprised if the GS VC releases were used to gauge potential interest in furthering the series.
I think they were, however I still think that GS4 was probably planned before GS1 was re-released. Granted, they may have been like "ok, we're doing GS4 right after Mario Golf: World Tour, let's see how much interest is there. We'll release GS1 and see how well it sells. If it sells well, we'll allot a higher budget to GS4." Or something like that.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
I think they were, however I still think that GS4 was probably planned before GS1 was re-released. Granted, they may have been like "ok, we're doing GS4 right after Mario Golf: World Tour, let's see how much interest is there. We'll release GS1 and see how well it sells. If it sells well, we'll allot a higher budget to GS4." Or something like that.
Planned maybe, but I think it was actually one step back and the GS VC reception might have been the green or red light to move into actual production or to halt the rough project.

Ofc it's just a theory.

Top Bottom