• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
In support of this, we have that Namco hiring for Samsh 6 thing that may be complete rubbish, and we have Sakurai himself saying he liked the way some other game (forgot which) did DLC, which did it as a large scale expansion pack.
Fallout 3!

He really liked the way Fallout 3 handled DLC.

It would be nice to get a big hefty pack full of 6-7 characters though. That way everyone or almost everyone gets Isaac plus whatever character they wanted. Unless it is someone like us who wants to pack mainly for Isaac :)

When I think of Golden Sun still having no rep, this music comes to mind:

However, I think this will happen in Smash and in Camelot Headquarters, so no giving up hope:

Isaac is almost at the beacon of Venus Lighthouse so that he can start the best newcomer trailer we will ever see.
Don't worry. Isaac is probably walking forward with determination!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still think at the very max we could see 3 characters per one DLC pack:

1 Brand new character
1 Semiclone
1 Cut Brawl Veteran

And I think its more likely to have two per pack, along with a stage, maybe an Assist Trophy, and some regular trophies. Probably an Event Match extension, too.

I do see the DLC packs being bigger, but not a whole lot in the character determine. It will be other content to pad out the DLC packs.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88

1 Brand new character
1 Semiclone
1 Cut Brawl Veteran

And I think its more likely to have two per pack, along with a stage, maybe an Assist Trophy, and some regular trophies. Probably an Event Match extension, too.

I do see the DLC packs being bigger, but not a whole lot in the character determine. It will be other content to pad out the DLC packs.
Isaac, Dixie and Wolf would fit perfectly, and elevate the roster to a 9 out of 10 imho!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac, Dixie and Wolf would fit perfectly, and elevate the roster to a 9 out of 10 imho!
I wouldn't see it happening that way. Rather, I imagine it'd be Isaac, Mewtwo (if you don't already have him), and Lucas. Along with K. Rool, Dixie, and Wolf later.

Or Mewtwo can be sold separately and its Isaac and Wolf (GS pack), K. Rool and Dixie (DK pack). Or Isaac and Dixie (heroes pack), K. Rool and Wolf (rivals pack).

EDIT:
The point is that people who are looking into Isaac's removal as an Assist Trophy as a sign he is being planned for DLC are likely setting themselves up for a massive disappointment.

The irrelevant AT's that were kept could easily be chalked down to characters that Sakurai personally likes (and we have seen very clearly with this game how Sakurai's own personal biases influences content).
I don't believe Isaac, or any other character, was ever planned as DLC. I just think he may have been removed due to the possibility of that being an option in the future (or he may have been planned to be playable, but cut when no news of GS4 popped up sooner).

I'd agree with you that maybe he just didn't feel the need to keep Isaac as an Assist Trophy... but then why go out of his way to add a new Golden Sun track? He could've just as easily not bothered with anything GS-related at all and just kept the one track from Brawl. Another thing brought up is that the musicians had full range of Nintendo's history to remix tracks for, that's something which was brought up. But this isn't a remix, it was just ripped straight from Dark Dawn.

These two things don't really coincide with one another. Add a new track for said franchise, but cut the franchise's AT? One with a totally unique gimmick that people actually liked?
I was going to post this response, but now I've decided I'm not even going to bother. Its just the same arguments over and over.

Cutting Isaac's AT is one thing, but on top of that they added even more GS content. These two things do not correlate with one another.

EDIT 2: I left out the person I was going to respond to so said person doesn't get notified that I posted this here.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Eh just because they say no DLC is being done yet doesn't mean there won't be. For all we know Mewtwo might be the last thing they are doing if they were already working on other stuff. But soon we will have the game and we can see what became of Isaac. And see if there is more GS content however small it might be.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
If Mewtwo happens to be any good as a fighter I'll probably get his Amiibo. But as far as Golden Sun goes they have to be putting both GS1 and GS2 on the Wii U VC for a reason.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If Mewtwo happens to be any good as a fighter I'll probably get his Amiibo. But as far as Golden Sun goes they have to be putting both GS1 and GS2 on the Wii U VC for a reason.
Well, they did add Advance Wars 1 + 2 as well when it first came out.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Advance Wars 2 is out? I want that game on my Wii U gamepad!
Well, apparently AW 2 didn't come out in NA yet. That was Japan only...

I did check all the GBA VC releases. Most are main Nintendo franchises, along with a few third-parties like Capcom and Namco thrown in. The only two Nintendo franchises for GBA on VC right now that aren't in Smash are Advance Wars and Golden Sun...

I'm still trying to keep my expectations in check...

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, apparently AW 2 didn't come out in NA yet. That was Japan only...

I did check all the GBA VC releases. Most are main Nintendo franchises, along with a few third-parties like Capcom and Namco thrown in. The only two Nintendo franchises for GBA on VC right now that aren't in Smash are Advance Wars and Golden Sun...

I'm still trying to keep my expectations in check...
Expectations going out of check!!! :p

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

1 Brand new character
1 Semiclone
1 Cut Brawl Veteran

I think it is clear they will have other content.
Hence Pokemon having two stages only.
Pokemon has never been so poorly represented as it is this generation. I know most of smashboards does not care, because somehow Starfox is more important (Metroid and DK I get), yet I think Pokemon always having on par representation as Mario is a a clear sign as to the market value of it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think it is clear they will have other content.
Hence Pokemon having two stages only.
Pokemon has never been so poorly represented as it is this generation. I know most of smashboards does not care, because somehow Starfox is more important (Metroid and DK I get), yet I think Pokemon always having on par representation as Mario is a a clear sign as to the market value of it.
Star Fox isn't all that important right now as its not had many games in general. Metroid and DK are both bigger than Star Fox (if Star Fox can start to get CONSISTENT releases it'd be fine).

Pokemon's representation is a bit odd. It should've at least had another returning stage. However, its only one of three franchises to get at least 3 new stages. That's probably why people don't care that much. Metroid and DK only getting one new stage each is more of a travesty. At least DK is tied with Mario for the most returning stages, though...

Anyway, I'm gonna look out for more GS content when the game arrives tomorrow. I can't guarantee I'll be able to play immediately, though.

Staarih

Smash Master
I hope all you guys who get the game tomorrow (or whenever) keep us updated about any other GS-content in the game (or lack of it!). Us Europeans have to wait another week for the game...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Star Fox isn't all that important right now as its not had many games in general. Metroid and DK are both bigger than Star Fox (if Star Fox can start to get CONSISTENT releases it'd be fine).

Pokemon's representation is a bit odd. It should've at least had another returning stage. However, its only one of three franchises to get at least 3 new stages. That's probably why people don't care that much. Metroid and DK only getting one new stage each is more of a travesty. At least DK is tied with Mario for the most returning stages, though...

Anyway, I'm gonna look out for more GS content when the game arrives tomorrow. I can't guarantee I'll be able to play immediately, though.
Even with characters I still think Pokemon is on the low side, if Mewtwo was actually added as DLC.
I think all indications point to him intentionally being held off, but we will see.
I've posted enough on the Pokemon phenomenon, and would easily see it getting more downloaded content should there be more.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Even with characters I still think Pokemon is on the low side, if Mewtwo was actually added as DLC.
I think all indications point to him intentionally being held off, but we will see.
I've posted enough on the Pokemon phenomenon, and would easily see it getting more downloaded content should there be more.
I don't think he was intentionally held off. Moreso, I think Sakurai just felt that they shouldn't spend so much extra time on a returning character when more people really want to see new characters. Mewtwo was kind of "ok, we want to do him, but is it worth the effort to completely recreate him from scratch when we could spend that time on a brand new character?"

And that's how I feel it went down. Isaac I feel may have been in a similar situation. Perfectly relevant, but no signs of GS in the near future, so they left open the possibility of adding him later.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Since we are getting OR/AS by the the end of the month (we Europeans get it a week later) there may be a Hoenn based stage. I also hope that both Metroid and DK get new stages on the 3DS, since all they got were only past stages, also has anybody read Pokémon OR/AS IGN review? 7.8/10 too much water? Seriously? Too much water? A remake of a version that IGN rated as 9.5 with extra features only gets 7.8 and their best argument is TOO MUCH WATER?

Ok, back to topic, like @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman said, I can see Isaac with Mewtwo and Lucas as a DLC pack characters, since they all have the same characteristic of Psychic powers, so that would be pretty awesome.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Im getting smash today sooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I gonna unlock that Music and Find Isaac or better say, all trophy!!!

Trophy block is the best way to unlock all the trophys!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Im getting smash today sooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I gonna unlock that Music and Find Isaac or better say, all trophy!!!

Trophy block is the best way to unlock all the trophys!
Yeah, I'm gonna try and look as much as I can for it. You may get a head start on me, though, since its probably not going to arrive until mid tomorrow for me. And my Wii U literally JUST shipped, even though it still says its supposed to arrive tomorrow (I only have 2-day shipping).

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Yeah, I'm gonna try and look as much as I can for it. You may get a head start on me, though, since its probably not going to arrive until mid tomorrow for me. And my Wii U literally JUST shipped, even though it still says its supposed to arrive tomorrow (I only have 2-day shipping).
Count me in on the search. I'm ready to see if he is in or not. I'll be picking up the game (plus controller, adapter, 2 amibos) tonight. Oh boy, I'm excited! Also just realized that I can actually make a Lighthouse stage. Sweet!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Count me in on the search. I'm ready to see if he is in or not. I'll be picking up the game (plus controller, adapter, 2 amibos) tonight. Oh boy, I'm excited! Also just realized that I can actually make a Lighthouse stage. Sweet!
Would you mind sharing the Lighthouse stage when you get the chance? I will not be getting the game until my financials increase, but I would like to download it when the time comes.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
unlocked the isaac trophy, its lame, looks like brawls with more polys.
But it's gonna be praised as glorious HD masterpiece lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Don't lose hope guys! Mewtwo was a trophy, and is now dlc.
Well, here's the thing. A lot of people were saying that Isaac was extremely unlikely as a DLC candidate if he didn't even have a trophy. Well, here he is now. Its still very weird that he doesn't have a trophy in Smash 3DS.

EDIT: I'm not losing hope over this or anything. I expected Isaac to have a trophy after we got a new Dark Dawn track. If anything, Isaac having a trophy is good news, because it means he's not being ignored all-together. Even without a trophy Isaac cut as an AT but GS having more music is still really strange, but getting ignored all-together would've been worse.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What's the description like?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Neat. Would love to see a picture of it. All we need is decisive confirmation on if he is still an assist.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So Isaac's a trophy this time, huh? Don't lose faith yet - Remember, trophies mean nothing now that Mewtwo is on the way!
Also, I think Isaac should have gotten the Little Mac treatment too...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So Isaac's a trophy this time, huh? Don't lose faith yet - Remember, trophies mean nothing now that Mewtwo is on the way!
Also, I think Isaac should have gotten the Little Mac treatment too...
Well, at least his AT was removed. That gives him the opportunity to potentially be added later.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one questioning why the heck we are taking some random guy's word that Isaac is a trophy?
Pics or it didn't happen, as they say.

Top Bottom