• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
If it doesn't take half a year to make one character, how many more do you think they're making? I would say 4 more, for now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If it doesn't take half a year to make one character, how many more do you think they're making? I would say 4 more, for now.
I'd say it probably does take half a year to make one character. The thing is, you can't just keep adding team members onto one element to make it go quicker. I suggested it before, but then realized: the more you add, the more convoluted it gets. That said, they probably would be working on multiple characters.

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
It does probably take a while to make each character, but they don't only have to work on one character at a time. Yeah.

And there is a tipping point for team members, but more can make it move faster as long as it still remains efficient.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It does probably take a while to make each character, but they don't only have to work on one character at a time. Yeah.

And there is a tipping point for team members, but more can make it move faster as long as it still remains efficient.
Agreed. Obviously they probably put more people on one character to make it go faster, but the problem is, we don't know the exact point where its too much, so its hard to gauge exactly how it works.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Do you think Isaac will be in the same boat as Shulk? Where as only one character, stage, and assist?

Dizzy_Fool

Smash Apprentice
So I just read Sakurai's new statements about DLC.

And while he didn't say there wouldn't be any more DLC past Mewtwo, considering it won't be paid DLC, and I can't imagine they'll just start releasing characters for free, I don't see how it would work with future characters.
Other than... buy/pre-order this game and get the character in Smash or something. But I dunno, that doesn't seem overly likely.

Do you think Isaac will be in the same boat as Shulk? Where as only one character, stage, and assist?
I think that's the most GS would hypothetically get out of this. I could see it getting less.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So I just read Sakurai's new statements about DLC.

And while he didn't say there wouldn't be any more DLC past Mewtwo, considering it won't be paid DLC, and I can't imagine they'll just start releasing characters for free, I don't see how it would work with future characters.
Other than... buy/pre-order this game and get the character in Smash or something. But I dunno, that doesn't seem overly likely.
Um, I'm not sure what you're getting at. He never said they wouldn't make paid DLC. He just said that "paid" DLC currently isn't planned. In fact, they could be planning other DLC right now, and Mewtwo probably will later be paid DLC, too. He also never once stated they wouldn't add paid DLC, just that it wasn't planned right now.

You have to take every little thing into context.

I think that's the most GS would hypothetically get out of this. I could see it getting less.
As DLC, Isaac could end up with no stage and no Assist as well.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I just read the "new" thread title for this thread. What's the "new" content we found for Golden Sun in Smash 4?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hey guys, I just read the "new" thread title for this thread. What's the "new" content we found for Golden Sun in Smash 4?
Probably the Overworld Theme from Dark Dawn on Palutena's temple.

Did N3ON return to change that? Cause she didn't post in the thread.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I haven't seen N3ON anywhere recently, but I did notice the thread title was updated. Maybe someone else updated the title?

The new GS content is the "Overworld" theme from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, which also makes Golden Sun one of only three known non-playable (stage or character) franchises to have two music tracks (the others being Savvy Style and The Wonderful 101).

Probably the Overworld Theme from Dark Dawn on Palutena's temple.

Did N3ON return to change that? Cause she didn't post in the thread.
I'm not sure.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
All I want is Isaac as a playable and Venus Lighthouse as a stage and it deserves, Golden Sun deserves as much as love as Xenoblade (in fact, it deserves even more), however, there has been no sign of the franchise in 4 years, so Camelot needs to get to work.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
All I want is Isaac as a playable and Venus Lighthouse as a stage and it deserves, Golden Sun deserves as much as love as Xenoblade (in fact, it deserves even more), however, there has been no sign of the franchise in 4 years, so Camelot needs to get to work.
Venus Lighthouse isn't even a huge deal for me. I just want Isaac. Venus Lighthouse would be epic, but the first priority is just getting Isaac.

Well, in Smash that is. In general, first priority is GS4.

Also, I'm really surprised by how many Venus Lighthouse remixes there are on Youtube. I'm finding WAY more Venus Lighthouse remixes than even Crocodile Cacophany.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I simply can't stand nintendo/smash ignoring the golden sun franchise any longer!

Here's a video of Isaac with Pit's voice that I was talking about earlier

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
We've been talking about it for two pages now. No, of course not. Its just PR talk. Actually, this makes me even MORE hopeful for Isaac, because it implies DLC might take a bit longer to come out with if Mewtwo is "testing the waters." That gives more time for us to get another GS game announcement, and for Isaac to be a prime pick to represent it.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I simply can't stand nintendo/smash ignoring the golden sun franchise any longer!

Here's a video of Isaac with Pit's voice that I was talking about earlier
Now you reminded me of my 2nd most wanted newcomer, Lloyd Irving, but with Pac-Man coming, it was almost impossible, however, the same doesn't apply to Isaac, our trump card now is patience and I think it will be great to comparate SSF2 Isaac's playstyle to SSB4 Isaac, so let's wait (Isaac should be released soon in SSF2).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
All we really need is a GS4 confirmation and we're good to go. ^^ Especially if it turns out that DLC may go into 2016, which is likely when GS4 would be released.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Now you reminded me of my 2nd most wanted newcomer, Lloyd Irving, but with Pac-Man coming, it was almost impossible, however, the same doesn't apply to Isaac, our trump card now is patience and I think it will be great to comparate SSF2 Isaac's playstyle to SSB4 Isaac, so let's wait (Isaac should be released soon in SSF2).
Do you like the move set in this video? There is a lot of ending lag in some of his moves and his up b is super slow.. what do you think? I would really rather see what P:M Isaac is like than SSF2 really

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Please tell me there's a hint that Camelot is making anther GS? If not, who knows if there will be a GS4

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Do you like the move set in this video? There is a lot of ending lag in some of his moves and his up b is super slow.. what do you think? I would really rather see what P:M Isaac is like than SSF2 really
Me too, but SSF2 Isaac is going to get released soon, while Project M Isaac is still going to take a while.

Please tell me there's a hint that Camelot is making anther GS? If not, who knows if there will be a GS4
Well, they already finished their Mario Sports games and they are only left to work on Golden Sun 4, so there's hoping, also, be careful with double-post.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No hints persay, but there's nothing left for Camelot to do right now via sports games. They've stated before they're not big enough to develop an HD game, and sports titles are done on 3DS at this point, so the only thing they can do is an new IP, or Golden Sun, and other than GS they've never really done new IP's before.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
No hints persay, but there's nothing left for Camelot to do right now via sports games. They've stated before they're not big enough to develop an HD game, and sports titles are done on 3DS at this point, so the only thing they can do is an new IP, or Golden Sun, and other than GS they've never really done new IP's before.
And in opinion, they don't need to, because Golden Sun is an awesome franchise (my favorite video game franchise, so many good memories) and it saddens me to see Camelot not giving such an awesome franchise what ir deserves and to see Sakurai totally ignoring it in Smash.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
And in opinion, they don't need to, because Golden Sun is an awesome franchise (my favorite video game franchise, so many good memories) and it saddens me to see Camelot not giving such an awesome franchise what ir deserves and to see Sakurai totally ignoring it in Smash.
That would suck if Isaac isn't in and the only reason Sakurai put 2 songs would be something along the lines of "Oh I'll just throw these 2 songs in because I like them and I like throwing people off" Does he really like confusing us by having 2 songs that are both remixes or medleys on two different stages? Idk if I or anyone can wait to see what he does further with GS

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
People are reporting that there are no Wii U exclusive Assist Trophies, by the way. No official word, though.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
When I think of Golden Sun still having no rep, this music comes to mind:

However, I think this will happen in Smash and in Camelot Headquarters, so no giving up hope:

Isaac is almost at the beacon of Venus Lighthouse so that he can start the best newcomer trailer we will ever see.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
So these 8 aren't Wii U exclusive your saying?
View attachment 30355
I've watched that video and well, he got wrong the part of the 14 year old Isaac, so here are the spoilers explaining:

Isaac is only 14 during the prologue of the first game, after he is beaten by Saturos & Menardi and the title screen roles, Isaac is 17 and he us 17 the entire time during the first two games, in fact, I've never seen any oficial art of 14 year old Isaac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've watched that video and well, he got wrong the part of the 14 year old Isaac, so here are the spoilers explaining:

Isaac is only 14 during the prologue of the first game, after he is beaten by Saturos & Menardi and the title screen roles, Isaac is 17 and he us 17 the entire time during the first two games, in fact, I've never seen any oficial art of 14 year old Isaac.
Yeah, that's the thing I kept getting confused about. I was pretty sure GS2 took place immediately after GS1.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?

Oh I thought he was always 14! not 17..(let's just hope they don't make the mistake of adding 38-year-old and not 17-year-old.)

These are actually the ATs I wanted playable for Smash 4!
Really, all of them? Well your in luck because they are all MIA! Don't get your hopes up for Gray Fox unless Snake is also DLC..

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I've been making my own rosters and doing research. Isaac has been on my rosters frequently. Consider me a supporter for SSB5.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Oh I thought he was always 14! not 17..(let's just hope they don't make the mistake of adding 38-year-old and not 17-year-old.)

Really, all of them? Well your in luck because they are all MIA! Don't get your hopes up for Gray Fox unless Snake is also DLC..
Oh, yeah. Okay, everyone except Gray Fox. I actually did not want him or Mr. Resetti. I wanted the other 6 and also Isabelle. I can wait for Smash 5 for her, though!

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Oh, yeah. Okay, everyone except Gray Fox. I actually did not want him or Mr. Resetti. I wanted the other 6 and also Isabelle. I can wait for Smash 5 for her, though!
Obviously we have no way of really knowing but of those 8 there's only 3 I could really see happening. Isaac, Excitebiker and Ray.

How popular is Barbara in Japan?
The only ones that deserve to be in are Excitebiker, Ray MK III, Isaac, and like I said maybe Gray Fox only if Snake comes back. (I really want Gray Fox and Isaac)....How would the others work? Really. And I have no idea how popular Barbara is all I know is she already has her own trophy

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Obviously we have no way of really knowing but of those 8 there's only 3 I could really see happening. Isaac, Excitebiker and Ray.

How popular is Barbara in Japan?
According to VGChartz, 3 games have sold 800k all-together. The most recent game was 2013, surprisingly, I didn't realize it was that recent.

Only the second game was localized to the west.

The only ones that deserve to be in are Excitebiker, Ray MK III, Isaac, and like I said maybe Gray Fox only if Snake comes back. (I really want Gray Fox and Isaac)....How would the others work? Really
Gray Fox would never be playable even if Snake game back.

And I hate the common phrase "how would they work?" I mean, how would Excitebike work?

Any character has potential if Sakurai wished to explore it.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
According to VGChartz, 3 games have sold 800k all-together. The most recent game was 2013, surprisingly, I didn't realize it was that recent.

Only the second game was localized to the west.

Gray Fox would never be playable even if Snake game back.

And I hate the common phrase "how would they work?" I mean, how would Excitebike work?

Sakurai was planning to have Excitebiker in Melee, but gave up. And I know what you be about "How would blank work" Because I said the same thing about Palutena like "How would Palutena work she is a goddess blah blah blah" and look at her now

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
So these 8 aren't Wii U exclusive your saying?
View attachment 30355
I haven't seen/heard off any fully completed challenge boards, so its possible there could be some, but its unlikely there are 7 that no one has found yet.

I'm not sure why they would be cut though. Raiden is obvious, Helirin was pretty useless, and from a very minor franchise, Resetti was downright annoying, and Animal Crossing has much better representation this time, so he isn't so important. Jill is sort of obsolete with the Drill Arm.

Excitebikes were cut from the 3ds for the same reason Infantry now spawns much slower, and Barbara was unlocked by unlocking music, of which there isn't all that much on the 3DS. So I could see one or both of them hiding behind one of the last few challenges, particularly if Barbarra needed most/all music unlocked in Brawl (I can't remember). Ray was probably too small for the 3DS's screen, so I could see why he might be Wii U exclusive.

As for Sakurai's comments about DLC (yeah we already have ~2 pages on it, but one more post wont hurt)

All this about not wanting people to think he cut stuff from the main game will only apply for 6-12 months, from the 3DS versions release date. After that it goes from "Grr they made me pay for some of the game twice" to "wow this is so much cheaper than an annualized sequel", which will eliminate much of the backlash. If MK8's DLC had been released in July/August people would have complained more, regardless of the fact that it would still have been a great deal.

Sakurai must have been planning, or at least considering Mewtwo since the X/Y conference at E3 2013, and still kept the "DLC not being considered" line for quite a while after that.

The only other potential problem is recuperating the money from making all this stuff. The best way to solve that is by releasing a full on expansion pack. K. Rool, Dixie, Isaac, Brawl vets, maybe even Roy and Pichu, new stages, music (even if most of it is ported), GS and DK assists. If it was just single characters most people would only buy the ones they want, or maybe none at all, but if they were all grouped together it seems like a better deal, and people who want X and Y, but not Z, because they see Isaac has a sword, or don't want female diddy, or whatever other misconceptions they may have, would view them as free stuff with the ones they do want (Like Tanooki Mario, almost no one would have bought him separately), not another paid thing they don't wont.

In support of this, we have that Namco hiring for Samsh 6 thing that may be complete rubbish, and we have Sakurai himself saying he liked the way some other game (forgot which) did DLC, which did it as a large scale expansion pack.

TL;DR (Remember kids if you study English right through high school everything morphs into an essay):
Raiden - MGS
Helirin/Resetti/Jill - obsolete/useless
Excite/Barbara/Ray - Good reasons not to be on 3DS, 1 or more may be hidden deep withing the Wii U version, although that is looking less and less likely.
Isaac - Useful, Popular, New Game (since Brawl), no good reason not to be on 3DS. Probably cut, possibly DLC candidate.
DLC - new comments hint more towards it than against, not until a few months after Mewtwo though. Probably large expansion pack. Think MK8 packs but combined, and with less Mario and more Isaac. (hopefully still with a new F-Zero stage though)

Taking more recent comments into account, how would X work disproved as argument::fox64::falcon64:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That song... One of the most epic pieces of musical composition ever to grace the GBA. So many happy memories. Such a fantastic culmination to that wonderful struggle. 'Twas to be our victory music. But Isaac is still missing. Where is he? Where is our Venus Adept? The Mourning Moon is growing ever greater, his son is lost without guidance, and the world is still poised on the brink of disaster. Where are our heroes?! Where is Golden Sun 4, Nintendo?!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If anything has come to me from this interview on DLC, it is that Sakurai is most definitely working on them in packs, and also, that he would not announce all of the characters who are available with Mewtwo at the same time, because it would be seen as 'holding content back.' I anticipate a decent sized pack at some time in the future (but then again, all DLC Nintendo has had in any game has always been epic- from Luigi U to MK8 to Hyrule Warriors. It's never micropurchased nonsense.
This interview tells us very little about Sakurai and DLC< but it tells us quite a lot about how he wants to be perceived in regard to DLC.

And Ridley is one he clearly does not :X

Side question to any developers: would the team developing Mewtwo be working on balance, or would it likely be a whole different team? If it is a whole different team, there is absolutely no way we are not getting more than Mewtwo.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
but then again, all DLC Nintendo has had in any game has always been epic- from Luigi U to MK8 to Hyrule Warriors. It's never micropurchased nonsense.
The smallest DLC I think Nintendo has ever offered was Epona as a DLC weapon in Hyrule Warriors (it was a standalone DLC for Japan, part of the Master Quest pack for everyone else).

Even the DLC for their handheld games has been quite substantial.

Top Bottom